Be the first to like this.

2 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2020-11-16 13:54

Tobby

2,622 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2020-11-16 13:52 | Report Abuse

I think Senior Lim should just shut up! Just like how his adamant to recognise UEC as entry to public universities and civil services without understand the reason why SPM and STPM was crucial in preventing language shock among local chinese!
You can't allow states to determine closure of schools! Reason been, the progress of students will be out of sych! The best alternative is to introduce distant learning if such closure had to be done! Unfortunately, this pandamic require new way of learning for our students! I think home schooling or distant learning will be part of our children education system for the next year or so! And unfortunately we don't have world class internet connectivity to do so! After decades of 'tuan melayu', we are so far behind compare to even Thailand!
I think our politicians especially Senior Lim come to term that we are so far behind! We are 'kampong' standard in connectivity, logistics, healthcare, essential food distribution and so forth when pandemic struck like now! Even Thailand is doing far better than us! Singapore no need to mention, they are superior and world class standard!
We are 'kampong' standard! Our education system is 'kampong' standard! Accept the truth and find ways to improve it!

Tobby

2,622 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2020-11-16 13:54 | Report Abuse

However, closure of schools must not be more than one month! 2 weeks should be enough to curb Covid! But you may need longer time if infection rate is high like what happen in Sabah! All in all, combine distant learning and reopen of schools with pandamic in mind!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz