Thanks for sharing knowledge

fusing79

99 posts

Posted by fusing79 > 2021-01-19 22:07 | Report Abuse

Thanks for sharing knowledge

Andre Kua

420 posts

Posted by Andre Kua > 2021-01-20 19:20 | Report Abuse

Just took a look. Seem like revenue and profit not bad. Haven't look into the balance sheet. Dividend not very good which may explain the lackluster price.

However I'm in steel industry and steel price went up 20% lately. That would hurt profitability in near future.

Posted by foreverchung > 2021-01-20 21:55 | Report Abuse

Good insights Andre, I would say definitely the steel price could hurt profitability in near future especially for MLT.

I think this the following is something that can be done by the management to reduce risk exposure to this:

1. Since DANCO's subsidiary is involved in pump/valve manufacture and some components can be passed on from MTL, such moves can reduce costs drastically.

2. As a portion of DANCO's business involves import and exporting equipments, USD's strength may or may not play in favor for DANCO.

3. Looking into the balance sheet and inventories, perhaps the management did have a good stock at hand before the steel price rallied.

4. Otherwise, I would expect them to pass on the costs to end customer.

Overall, the influx of liquidity into the economy causes inflation, I would say this effect might be felt throughout other industries as well. This coming quarter would be a good fit to test out DANCO's management for this type of exposure.

Posted by foreverchung > 2021-01-20 21:56 | Report Abuse

And please do keep that up Andre, good insights are always good for further discussions.

Maxigain

386 posts

Posted by Maxigain > 2021-02-18 22:52 | Report Abuse

They supply to glove industry as well. All glove makers except Supermx are Danco’s customers

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/dancomech-eyes-double-digit-growth-fy17

dchin472

309 posts

Posted by dchin472 > 2021-02-23 13:13 | Report Abuse

@andre kua the steel price will not be big problem for danco,my family business is also steel stamping,customer still need your product,price will be mark up,doesnt mean steel price go up,everyone dont need to use steel right?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz