Be the first to like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by nickinvests 2021-10-07 16:50

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2021-10-05 21:56 | Report Abuse

sifu, you forgot to mention who are the upstream, downstream players...and who benefits most from the permanent effect of Iron Ore price decline due to China pollution control..

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2021-10-05 22:57 | Report Abuse

Tq, very good info. Suprised Hiap Teck deal mainly on mild steel. Steel has many grades with different content of carbon and others element (alloy), with wide range of usage. Maybe should cover what is capability of each manufacturer. I consider myself a novice in steel technology, only knows little bit on SS316, High Tensile and of course mild steel which required galvanised or painted for corrosion protection. For non-strength usage, it loss out to Aluminium and Fibreglass. Just a little bit on sharing, hope my contribution to balance out the pros and cons. Happy Trading

Posted by BlessedInvestor > 2021-10-06 08:52 | Report Abuse

Around 0.6 tonnes (600 kg) of coke produces 1 tonne (1000 kg) of steel, which means that around 770 kg of coal are used to produce 1 tonne of steel through this production route.

Now coal and coke price are historical high. The drop in iron ore price will be offset by sky high coal price. As such cost of producing still high, as such steel price remains high. Any sifu can share more accurate calculation or insight?

nakata

306 posts

Posted by nakata > 2021-10-06 17:29 | Report Abuse

May i know how to get the report? i went in to FB and can't see a place to download it, thanks

Posted by nickinvests > 2021-10-07 16:50 | Report Abuse

Jus go and watch Ann Joo online briefing la... its in youtube

Post a Comment
Market Buzz