1 person likes this.

44 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2022-03-24 18:41

kong73

2,042 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2021-10-08 21:35 | Report Abuse

So far i have made money from having more trading wins and receive dividend income

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-08 22:09 |

Post removed.Why?

TheContrarian

8,549 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2021-10-08 22:31 | Report Abuse

For the past 21 years I have only been making money.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-08 22:42 | Report Abuse

Ok TheContrarian has been making money for 21 years great

So you avoided the Greater Fool Stocks? Clever!

See

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2021-08-31-story-h1570660897-_THE_GREATER_FOOL_THEORY_By_Dr_Neoh_Soon_Kean_Excerpts_from_STOCK_MARKE.jsp

TheContrarian

8,549 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2021-10-08 22:47 | Report Abuse

Because I read Neoh's book and understood the music chair game.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-08 22:53 | Report Abuse

Whoa! So Clever!

Dr. Neoh warned and warned many times in his Book dated year 1985

36 Years ago he already warned about Syndicates Pump & Dump stocks in Bursa

Dr. Neoh warned of

JAW !

JAW 2

JAW 3

Yet people NEVER NEVER NEVER LEARN THE DANGER

So many, many, many are mesmerised & caught by the delusion of chasing rumour syndicated stocks & caught

So you escaped?

Great

See how many stock punters get mesmerised like this video

See

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2021-09-30-story-h1591840658-A_very_interesting_important_video_every_i3_forumers_MUST_SEE.jsp

TheContrarian

8,549 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2021-10-08 23:01 | Report Abuse

I learnt my initial painful lessons, vowed to be a true contrarian, buying when no one wants to buy at depressed prices, then waiting patiently for the spike in buying volume, and finally selling down in stages when prices rise rapidly.

TheContrarian

8,549 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2021-10-08 23:06 | Report Abuse

When I first discovered i3investor forum, the first article/blog I read was written by you on Nylex (or Ancom, can't remember exactly). I found it so full of information and facts and wonder who this Calvin is? I went on to find and read more of your articles/blogs and over time have made buying decisions based on them and of course I made money on them. I will always respect you.

Posted by warrenchok90 > 2021-10-08 23:06 | Report Abuse

Must really study the company well before buying it. Those goreng stock up fast but down also super damn fast. Only those with good fundamental company is more dafe to buy… i ever try goreng… really loss alot. But its lesson to be learnt.

TheContrarian

8,549 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2021-10-08 23:12 | Report Abuse

For goreng counters you must enter early before it rockets off. It moves up rapidly and will also come down rapidly. You must have a target selling price and stick to it. If you keep holding out hoping to sell at the highest price you may miss the boat forever. And once it rockets up it's too risky to buy.

Posted by warrenchok90 > 2021-10-08 23:21 | Report Abuse

Fully agreed bro…

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-08 23:58 | Report Abuse

Tyvm TheContrarian

It makes my day

I am in i3 forum to deliver as many as possible after great pain of seeing good friends lost all their monies (milliions lost during the Asian Financial Crisis. All three friends also disappeared and ran away from loan sharks)

I am so happy for you TheContrarian

But the task of warning others have made me enemies as well unfortunately

TheContrarian

8,549 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2021-10-09 00:05 | Report Abuse

There will always be people who wants to run down others. I have my share of such people although I don't blog or write an article. I really miss your articles, there has been hardly any new ones except for oil palm. Over the years I have benefited from your articles on Insas, Masteel, AZRB etc. etc. buying at rock bottom prices.

freddiehero

16,715 posts

Posted by freddiehero > 2021-10-09 00:07 | Report Abuse

Calvin ur Opcom fly high already.. well done

TheContrarian

8,549 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2021-10-09 00:14 | Report Abuse

I remember Calvin's Opcom article but I hesitated to buy as price has moved up a bit. Doesn't matter. It wasn't meant to be.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-09 00:26 | Report Abuse

Calvin thank all of you from the bottom of my heart

It is late already

See you guys in the morning

Good night

And yes TheContrarian

There is a time for every Cyclical stock as the Bible says "God made everything beautiful in His own time"

I fully believe the time for Palm oil bull run has come

You missed Opcom because you did not understand the Nfcp theme (belated)

Take 10 days off and study palm oil

Next month when all the Palm oil companies report their once a cycle earning first

And if Cpo prices march above Rm6000 or higher then it could be once a Century Super bull for palm oil

Posted by risktoreward > 2021-10-09 00:27 | Report Abuse

Both Contrarian and Calvin I follow, and I have both of your stock picks too

I started trading stocks in March this year, made alot of bad bad stocks selections which dragged me down when Bursa started to trend down. After I discover i3 in June/July, I also start to fundamentally change the way I view things, by seeing how you guys trade, and amongst others dompeilee, otb, but of course I still have so much more to learn, and my trades are still littered with mistakes.

Appreciate everyones sharings very much :) and i3 has become my daily fix now

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-09 09:14 | Report Abuse

risktoreward

good morning to you

Please go buy these books and do serious self study before buying stocks

1. The Intelligent Investor
by Benjamin Graham

2. One Up On Wall Street

3. Beating the Street
nos. 2 & 3 by Peter Lynch

4. John Neff on investing

5. Howard Marks writting

6. Walter Schloss Writting

7. All Warren Buffet Writting

Posted by risktoreward > 2021-10-09 10:06 | Report Abuse

Yes thank you Calvin, I done 1,3,7, and also Reminiscences of a stock operator in college time, but I still failed in trading during college time. Then I stopped for 10 plus years and now I started looking back into stocks again.

There’s a difference when you read and understand it, vs looking at how other successful players conduct their trades in real situations. So finding I3 is a pleasant surprise for me, and also seeing your sharings (and others) is a blessing for me :) have a good weekend!

Sslee

4,571 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-09 10:42 | Report Abuse

I lost half my capital in Xingquan but luckily I found this i3investor website and since then my portfolio had growth to RM 3+ million.

My many thanks to all the Sifus in i3.

One more thing do not all in and don't beleive in what written in comment page like insider information, limit up, all in and etc. Beware you might win one or many times but it take only one wrong bet to lose all.

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > Sep 6, 2021 8:20 PM | Report Abuse
Believe or not AirAsia will limit up soon, this week or next week. Buy in before take off. This info is from insider IB . Don't skip the golden chance. Loss gloves, nvm ...just all in AirAsia.

Always do your homework. Good luck and happy investing.

mita29

1,064 posts

Posted by mita29 > 2021-10-09 12:28 | Report Abuse

Im very lucky to be on the positive side thanks to a few big gains (mid-long term). I find that I still have so much to learn and will never stop learning from sifus here.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-09 15:59 | Report Abuse

risktoreward Yes thank you Calvin, I done 1,3,7, and also Reminiscences of a stock operator in college time, but I still failed in trading during college time. Then I stopped for 10 plus years and now I started looking back into stocks again.

There’s a difference when you read and understand it, vs looking at how other successful players conduct their trades in real situations. So finding I3 is a pleasant surprise for me, and also seeing your sharings (and others) is a blessing for me :) have a good weekend!
09/10/2021 10:06 AM

Calvin very happy for you risktoreward

Yes I read "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" about 15 years ago. It was rumoured that Jesse Livermore was its real author

A very interesting window into the art of trading and stock manipulation by "syndicates of those times"

I don't really recommend it as there is always the danger of going into "too much speculation and sheer gambling

Once dracula tasted blood he is insatiable for more blood. So once a person acquired pure gambling habit he cannot break and learn real solid safe investing anymore"

Very sad that Jesse Livermore earned his multi millions & then lost everything & in the final act he shot himself with a gun by suicide

Jesse Livermore never bother about any company he bought. He didn't bother about the business.

All he cared was the ticker tape or the charting of the stock movements

After 1929 they changed the rules and Livermore failed to adapt and so cannot function as the norm has changed

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-09 16:15 | Report Abuse

Sslee I lost half my capital in Xingquan but luckily I found this i3investor website and since then my portfolio had growth to RM 3+ million.

My many thanks to all the Sifus in i3.

One more thing do not all in and don't beleive in what written in comment page like insider information, limit up, all in and etc. Beware you might win one or many times but it take only one wrong bet to lose all.

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > Sep 6, 2021 8:20 PM | Report Abuse
Believe or not AirAsia will limit up soon, this week or next week. Buy in before take off. This info is from insider IB . Don't skip the golden chance. Loss gloves, nvm ...just all in AirAsia.

Always do your homework. Good luck and happy investing.
09/10/2021 10:42 AM

SSLee

So happy for you that you recovered all the losses from Xinquan

Being a value investor at heart when I first saw "Superinvestor" promoted Xinquan above Rm1.00 I was quite curious

And the balance sheet was fantastic - sitting on CASH of over 1 Billion Renminbi

Price discount to NAV was huge and it showed profit & small dividend

So when Xinguan crashed to 40 sent I went bottom fish & bought 10,000 shares of Xinquan at 40 sen for a total of Rm4,000

Sudeenly it rebounded to above 50 sen and I heard news that Xinguan factory in China still still Mao era old machines

And they stick the sole of shoes by hands?

So I sold off Xinquan for a Rm1,000 profit

After that I got more surprise that "Cash Rich" Xinqyuan started to ask for monies by Private Placement

That was the last straw. It was a real fake all the way.

I met Jon Choivo sometime in year 2018/2019 when he came down to JB to do audit for some companies and I posed him this question,

"You being an auditor what do your think of Xinquan reported its Rmb1 Billions in Cash Accounts and not under Receivables?"

He said in China every thing can be fake. If you go audit there they could even set up a fake Bank with all the fake staff for a show to bluff you"

Yes in China there are Fake Apple Phone store set up

After that I am done with China Red Chip shares and won't touch any of them.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-09 18:19 | Report Abuse

Mita29

That's right

Learning is a life long process

If we rest we rust

Sslee

4,571 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-10-09 19:19 | Report Abuse

Youth– A Poem by Samuel Ullman
青春——塞缪尔·厄尔曼(王佐良 译)

Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life.
青春不是年华,而是心境;青春不是桃面、丹唇、柔膝,而是深沉的意志,恢宏的想象,炙热的感情;青春是生命的深泉在涌流。

Youth means a temperamental predominance of courage over timidity, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease. This often exists in a man of 60 more than a boy of 20. Nobody grows old merely by a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals.
青春气贯长虹,勇锐盖过怯弱,进取压倒苟安。如此锐气,二十后生而有之,六旬男子则更多见。年岁有加,并非垂老,理想丢弃,方堕暮年。

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. Worry, fear, self-distrust bows the heart and turns the spirit back to dust.
岁月悠悠,衰微只及肌肤;热忱抛却,颓废必致灵魂。忧烦,惶恐,丧失自信,定使心灵扭曲,意气如灰。

Whether 60 or 16, there is in every human being's heart the lure of wonder, the unfailing childlike appetite of what's next and the joy of the game of living. In the center of your heart and my heart there is a wireless station: so long as it receives messages of beauty, hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the Infinite, so long are you young.
无论年届花甲,抑或二八芳龄,心中皆有生命之欢乐,奇迹之诱惑,孩童般天真久盛不衰。人人心中皆有一台天线,只要你从天上人间接受美好、希望、欢乐、勇气和力量的信号,你就青春永驻,风华常存。

When the aerials are down, and your spirit is covered with snows of cynicism and the ice of pessimism, then you are grown old, even at 20, but as long as your aerials are up, to catch waves of optimism, there is hope you may die young at 80.
一旦天线下降,锐气便被冰雪覆盖,玩世不恭、自暴自弃油然而生,即使年方二十,实已垂垂老矣;然则只要树起天线,捕捉乐观信号,你就有望在八十高龄告别尘寰时仍觉年轻。

Posted by Thomas Chan Yeu Wai > 2021-10-11 09:02 | Report Abuse

Sifu,

Some unrealized gains, some unrealized loss. Overall unrealized gains.

The unrealized losses some up to -55%, heart pain. Of course got one unrealized gains of 70%, happy with this.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-11 09:19 | Report Abuse

Thomas

From now without derivatives it will be real solid gains incrementally from qtr to better qtr yet ahead

Maple26

9 posts

Posted by Maple26 > 2021-10-12 15:37 | Report Abuse

Very motivating poem, sslee! And thanks to calvin for the advice.
I am still at loss..hope to do better!

xytraders

197 posts

Posted by xytraders > 2021-10-12 15:55 | Report Abuse

stock market is hard, very hard than books knowledge.

xytraders

197 posts

Posted by xytraders > 2021-10-12 15:56 | Report Abuse

anyway sapu public bank first, dont talk so much

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-12 16:11 | Report Abuse

Public Bank and all banks cannot

1. Bank interest rate at 1.75% banks int spread not much profit

2. Loan moratorium with free int will eat into Bank bottom line

3. When loan moratorium for houses and cars over there will be lots of repossession and lelong for houses and cars

Then property prices will crash and Banks Npl will go up as bad debt increase

Banks can fall by 20% to 30% from current prices

So cannot touch Bank stocks

Fujisnow

70 posts

Posted by Fujisnow > 2021-10-12 18:45 | Report Abuse

Master Calvin, I am a newbie and a follower of your post. May I have some of your opinion on a particular stock ES Ceramics, is it still worth to stay in this counter, I am bit confused and fearful due to great losses.... Because if I choose to stay I need to average down but do not know how low it can go...I have seen your positive article about this stock, did you have any changed thoughts?
Thank you & best regards.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-12 18:59 | Report Abuse

Posted by Fujisnow > Oct 12, 2021 6:42 PM | Report Abuse

Master Calvin, I am a newbie and a follower of your post. May I have some of your opinion on a particular stock ES Ceramics, is it still worth to stay in this counter, I am bit confused and fearful due to great losses.... Thank you. Because if chose to stay a need to average down but do not know how low it can go...

Funisnow,

Buy call for Esceramic was 35 sen (April 2020)
https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2020-04-24-story-h1506110752-ES_CERAMIC_0100_WILL_ALSO_JOIN_COMFORT_GLOVE_SUPERMAX_LUXCHEM_ADVENTA_I.jsp

Now it is 37.5 (But it gave one free bonus and on free warrant)

So 37.5 + 37.5 (free bonus) + 18 sen (free warrant price now)

= 93 sen (real time price)

So from 35 sen to 93 sen Escermic is up 58 sen or 165% in 1 1/2 year

Now Esceramic follows glove's fortune

As glove companies go into expansion Esceramic will boom. Now some glove companies are still setting up new glove companies so we should see demand
Longer term orders will slow down and some might even cancel orders due to glut and price war. But for next month Esceramic will still be ok due to back orders being fulfilled

I think if you want can try switch to Palm oil like Thplant, Taann, Sop, Tsh, Bplant or Jtiasa.

While gloves are in cyclical downtrend Palm oil is just at the beginning of uptrend

Most palm oil companies will be earning very huge profits and more dividends and even free bonus issues are ahead

So if can switch to Palm oil

Final decision is yours

Regards
Calvin

Fujisnow

70 posts

Posted by Fujisnow > 2021-10-12 19:10 | Report Abuse

Thank you Master Calvin for taking time to reply me.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2021-10-12 19:10 | Report Abuse

Fujisnow

Both gloves and palm oil are cyclicals

Since they are cyclicals TIMING IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE

If you buy at the beginning of the uptrend cycle and hold till peak you will make lots of money. But if you buy it at the tail end of the cycle and hold it in downswing you could also lose a big amount of money as well

So seek to buy at the right time & sell at the right time

The time to buy is usually when there are lots of doubters & despair

And the time to sell is when all are happy & in euphoria

To buy when people are very sad and to sell when all are so happy go contrary to our human feelings

That is why 90% who follow human emotion will eventually lose money & the 10% contrarian who looked foolish to others are making all the money

Read this https://www.investopedia.com/articles/02/102202.asp

https://www.moneyworks4me.com/investmentshastra/peter-lynch-approach-of-investing-in-cyclical-stocks/

Fujisnow

70 posts

Posted by Fujisnow > 2021-10-12 19:14 | Report Abuse

Will definitely take some necessary step.

Posted by moneyontheway > 2022-03-23 14:34 | Report Abuse

calvin, can you advise i bought malakoff at IPO price but it never goes up , and now it is only 63 sen. what shall i do??

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-03-23 14:44 | Report Abuse

my best advise now is to sell malakov and buy these

1. Bplant for high dividend
2. Tsh resources for high growth

buy and hold till June 2023

final decision is yours

Posted by moneyontheway > 2022-03-24 13:21 | Report Abuse

calvin, do u know how many % has FELDA acquired from FGV shares and is it 90%, then FELDA can automatically take over the FGV shares??

TrippleZ

1,563 posts

Posted by TrippleZ > 2022-03-24 13:51 | Report Abuse

More than 90% lost money because all of them have no intention and patient to make 6% profit annually. They are here to make 10x profit. So is perfectly normal and healthy to see more than 90% losing money. It will be a crisis if 90% actually make money in stock market.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-03-24 13:52 | Report Abuse

Felda very hard to get more than 90% Fgv as Pahang and Sabah won't sell cheap as their cost over Rm4

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-03-24 14:05 | Report Abuse

The stock market is a devise to transfer wealth from the impatient to the patient

Warren Buffet

Posted by moneyontheway > 2022-03-24 15:26 | Report Abuse

Calvin, will you think the Celcom-Digi merger will happen? how come it took such a long time for MCMC to approve the deal?? i regret to have sold 5000 TM shares at RM2.19 when Harapan won in the GE 14 and when it was announced that the counter might not be in the KLSE's 30 component counters. i bought them at over RM7 a share. kindly advise on this matter as you are experienced in the industry.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-03-24 18:41 | Report Abuse

moneyontheway

I think merging telcos will save on cost, manpower and duplication of space and better in the longer term

short term people might lose jobs

as to better or not I think there are pros and cons

competition good for consumers as price war benefits them. Monopoly is bad when they raise prices there will be no alternative

Post a Comment
Market Buzz