Be the first to like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 2023-08-31 11:14

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2023-08-31 10:38 | Report Abuse

"..please spare some thought for those who sold their shares earlier and missed out on the offer of RM 1.55.""

Yes, unfortunately I am one of the victims who sold right before that announcement. Not fair

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2023-08-31 10:39 | Report Abuse

It's high time to ensure top position of all commissions are held by people with integrity, principles and honesty.

For long, Bursa is really of the crooks, by the crooks, for the crooks.

Sslee

5,817 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2023-08-31 11:05 | Report Abuse

Wednesday, 28 Dec 2022 SINGAPORE: John Soh Chee Wen, the mastermind of Singapore’s biggest case of stock market manipulation that wiped out nearly $8 billion in market value in October 2013, on Wednesday was sentenced to 36 years in jail, while his co-conspirator Quah Su-Ling was handed 20 years.
The court case spanned a record 349 successful charges in some 200 days of trial over nearly four years.
Prosecutors had sought a jail sentence of 40 years for Soh, and 19½ years’ for his co-conspirator Quah.
The pair were found to have manipulated the share prices of Blumont Group, Asiasons Capital and LionGold Corp – known collectively as BAL – between August 2012 and October 2013, through 187 trading accounts held with 20 financial institutions in the names of 58 individuals and companies.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/node/649866
I can’t help but agree with The Edge Headline: Singapore gets it right- Severe punishment is the best deterrent against future commercial crimes.
Finally justice is being served and the ghosts of yesteryear Omega Securities scandal can now Rest in Peace.

Back to Malaysia we make international headline: https://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news/203144/edge-editor-freed-of-criminal-defamation-charges-over-articles/

KUALA LUMPUR: Azam Aris, the editor emeritus of local business newspaper The Edge, was Tuesday acquitted and discharged of one criminal defamation charge after being sued for defamation over two articles on penny stock manipulation published in 2020 and 2021.
However, Azam was given a discharge not amounting to an acquittal (DNAA) for the second charge, The Edge reported.
Azam was charged in September with two counts of criminal defamation at the Magistrate’s Court against a Malaysian businessman and four firms over two articles titled “Hidden Hands Behind Penny Stocks Surge Under Scrutiny” (April 12, 2021) and “Hidden Hands Behind Penny Stock Surge” (September 21, 2020) that exposed stock manipulation on Bursa Malaysia

Luckily for Malaysians, common sense prevails otherwise we will be a laughing stock of international investing communities as a country that charged an investigating reporting editor/reporter for criminal defamation instead of bringing the market manipulators to book like what Singapore did.

I just wonder if the case happens in Malaysia, will Bursa/SC and AG have the capacity, determination and political will to go to the length and depth of Singapore SC and AG “investigating through 187 trading accounts held with 20 financial institutions in the names of 58 individuals and companies to secure a conviction of stock market manipulation”

I am guessing so far no investigation was carried out on market manipulators on the “Hidden Hands behind Penny Stocks Surge under Scrutiny” (April 12, 2021) and “Hidden Hands behind Penny Stock Surge” (September 21, 2020) that exposed stock manipulation on Bursa Malaysia.

What really saddened and angered me the most were despite clear cases of Bursa Listed Red-Chip companies CEO/Directors committed accounting fraud and abscond/runoff with hundreds of millions of Malaysians hard earned money and for reasons only knew to SC/Bursa no action were taken to recover the stolen money nor to bring Red-Chip China CEO/Directors to Malaysia Court to face Justice.

I can only hope things will start to change this year when we have a new government that promises to uphold justice, bring all crooks to book and recover the stolen money. The reformasi, reset and reboot are long overdue but it is better late than never

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2023-08-31 11:08 | Report Abuse

Undeserving people occupy every office from AG chamber, courtroom, investigating force, etc

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2023-08-31 11:10 | Report Abuse

Yes, even one of the previous pm had literally 'robbed' a uni seat from a more deserving student (and yes - he admitted his inferior performance in academic)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2023-08-31 11:11 | Report Abuse

With all these shameless people holding all the high and critical position, the only way to redeem dignity is to hold an annual ethnocentrism-driven dignity feast

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2023-08-31 11:14 | Report Abuse

People of excellent quality and true calibre would only redeem their dignity by giving their best to serve the children, people, office, country and the world

Post a Comment
Market Buzz