5 people like this.

11 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2024-01-16 08:55

Sslee

5,343 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2024-01-01 10:40 | Report Abuse

Happy new year 2024 KCChong.

Market will always behave irrational and depend on all those international big funds whether they are moving their money from China/HK market to USA.

Otherwise how you explain the share price movement of Tesla compare to BYD.
Fundamentally is Tesla better than BYD???

Sslee

5,343 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2024-01-01 10:53 | Report Abuse

By the way do nothing is not an option. You have to monitor internal and external factor, the macro and micro economic factor that will impact the forward earning of the company.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2024-01-01 15:10 | Report Abuse

Sslee

By the way do nothing is not an option. You have to monitor internal and external factor, the macro and micro economic factor that will impact the forward earning of the company.

Sslee, Happy new year to you too. Congrats that you are one big contributor in i3 now.

Investing is an interesting thingy. Everyone has his own opinion. It is hard to say who is right or wrong, until we got the fact, later.

My article here describe how most of the experts have predicted the market. They were mostly bearish at the advent of Covid-19, but the year 2020 and 2021 turned out to be a couple of best years in stock investment. Most experts turned bullish later for 2022 when the market was so bullish that high growth stocks in 2021, and 2022 turned out to be one of the worst years for high growth technology stocks. When Fed started the quantitative tightening in 2022, most experts predicted a recession in 2023 and stocks would be hurt. But then what was the results in 2023?

If most experts were wrong for the last 3-4 years in macro thingy, what is the chance that we can be better than them?

In my article, I have also shown that buying good stocks, for example the FANNG stocks 4 years ago and do nothing, the return were good too even encountering the Covid-10 debacle as well as the high inflation and interest rate environment in 2022, compared to if one were to follow the advice of the experts to get in and out of the market.

These are just statistics.

klee

3,116 posts

Posted by klee > 2024-01-01 15:38 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz,you summed it up well.However in bursa we do not have FANNG.Bursa lacks the innovation factor behind FANNG.However we do have our own smallish kampong champions.

Sslee

5,343 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2024-01-01 17:08 | Report Abuse

I have nothing against buying good stocks and do nothing BUT in Bursa how many stocks can be considered as good stocks?

I am more aggreeable with CharlesT obversation.

Posted by CharlesT > Dec 31, 2023 12:34 PM | Report Abuse
Only for those newbies who after reading few books of WB/Cold Eye etc then wanna aim to be a so called long term value investor....sounds very geng....lol

It shouldn't come fm such a seasoned old snake in the mkt

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2024-01-02 09:38 | Report Abuse

Posted by klee > 17 hours ago | Report Abuse

Klee
"Kcchongnz,you summed it up well.However in bursa we do not have FANNG.Bursa lacks the innovation factor behind FANNG.However we do have our own smallish kampong champions."

You are right. My "Do nothing" comment is for the broad US market in general using the S&P 500 for illustration, and the FANNG stocks as examples.

For Bursa, we do have some good stocks which can also good to invest for long term, like some of the component stocks in KLCI. But those good stocks in Bursa don't come cheap, and hence not qualified for "Do nothing" kind of stocks.

Nevertheless, we can still find many good stocks to invest in Bursa when they are selling cheap, but we should take profit when they become overvalued.

So investing in Bursa is best to use the value investing strategy.

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 2024-01-03 20:14 | Report Abuse

>>>
Posted by Sslee > 2 days ago | Report Abuse

>>>

I spent many hours listening to Bloomberg and CNBC over many years. Did this influence or help in my long term investing? Not really. The macroeconomic and the microeconomic issues and the talking heads mattered little, if at all, in my investing. Over the long term, keeping investing simple and sticking to a good philosophy and method are all that mattered.

Keep it simple:

Know the company you invest in.
The business must have economic moat, preferably with a long runway.
The management must be trustworthy.
Buy at a fair price or bargain price.

Hold and hold for the very, very, very long term.

BanyakZhun

262 posts

Posted by BanyakZhun > 2024-01-16 08:01 | Report Abuse

Thank you for the infos. Am a retiree but has been in the market off and on. Never really make good money neither do lost much except in 1990s. Still learning

BanyakZhun

262 posts

Posted by BanyakZhun > 2024-01-16 08:02 | Report Abuse

Have a Successful 2024.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2024-01-16 08:55 | Report Abuse

Happy Chinese New Year

Choyson will come & bless us in this coming new year

Insas will be top pick of the year loh!

The great n really explain precisely what value investors to look for & capitalise on.
Base on insas negative enterprise value of Rm 1,844M or Rm 2.79 per share, an investor can takeover Insas for free & pocket Rm 2.79 per share loh!

Rationally this really ridiculous but it is a fact & real loh!
On top of that KC only monetize Inari & insas other liquid assets but exclude insas other listed subsidiary namely M&A, Insas sizeable real estate properties, profitable unlisted business ,Associate listed Ho Hup and Insas all other assets loh!

The above deep quality undervaluation shows that insas is really conservatively well manage thus debunked the notion of poor mkt perception loh!

Big shark should take this good opportunity to buy up insas by taking a sizeable stake of Insas & be a profitable business partner of Tan Sri Thong loh!

Actually Thong can be a good business partner & shows very good governership for example Inari has very good perceive governance compare to Insas loh!

I m sure Thong can easily adapt to this higher standard base on the current management formula as per Inari model!

The ideal position for the new opportunistic big investor is 20% stake of insas loh!
Assuming taking up 20% stake at average price of Rm 1.50 will only cost him Rm198m compare to Insas overall shareholders revise capitalization of more than Rm 3.3B or equivalent to Rm 660m @20% stake loh!

For small investors u should start buying insas now & side with the future opportunistic large investors loh!

As for Sifu Sslee, Raider suggest that he should forget about giving an exemption to Thong, if a GO trigger bcos of him buying or exercising his warrant as the cost of GO is only Rm 1M which is peanuts to him compare to Insas negative enterprise value of Rm 1.84B loh!

I think eventually Insas will eventually move above Rm 3.00 to Rm 4.00 loh!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz