MALAYSIAN AIRLINE SYSTEM BHD

KLSE (MYR): MAS (3786)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

37 people like this.

15,107 comment(s). Last comment by wallstreetrookie 2020-04-18 11:57

ggecko

1,937 posts

Posted by ggecko > 2014-07-08 21:21 | Report Abuse

obviously MAS is now the new darling of Bursa speculators; it's been in top 10 trading counters for many2 days already; me too have pumped in lots of $$$ into this counter, every 0.5 sen increment in price will earn me a couple of $$$K already; cant wait for NEXGRAM anymore too slow; might switch back to NEXGRAM after my 'mission' with MAS is done. remember, when it's still speculative news, price will typically be ascending, bearing any unforeseen circumstances

izoklse

5,231 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-08 21:35 | Report Abuse

yeah i agree with ggecko and superfortunebull. Now MAS become new darling of bursa malaysia and now become more speculative and invite more punter. Tomorrow dont how market will react to the news and whether they will wait and see or they will attack first when it still cheap like right now because they anticipate the price will jump high when the actual news out.

ggecko

1,937 posts

Posted by ggecko > 2014-07-08 21:43 | Report Abuse

u c izoklse, about a couple of days ago, between 8.30 am to 9 am, people were queuing already about 2 - 2.5 sen higher than the previous day's close, and it opened at 9 am with tenths of thousands bought at 24 sen / 24.5 sen before it went down to 23.5/23/22.5 sen; i accumulated at 23 sen/22.5 sen; strong support seems to b at 22.5 sen; today it closed at 23 sen; i will go in again early tomoro morning. get ready for more upswing in price in days to come!

moneycashrich

2,101 posts

Posted by moneycashrich > 2014-07-08 21:58 | Report Abuse

AAX model of business difficult to make money. AirAsia actually cut out a lot of business from MAS. It seems MAS never recover actually to this date. How to fight AirAsia now. Too late...losing money RM5 million everyday. Buy low Sell high. Happy Trading.

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2014-07-08 23:13 | Report Abuse

Rosmah said: LEPAS TERAWIH MALAM NI PUN I FREE

conclusion... najib will explode tonight !!! Hopefully najib will remain calm tomorrow and refrain from ejaculating ... make it a very very very looooooong E.T.A ... ejaculating time of arrival ... hehehe

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2014-07-08 23:29 | Report Abuse

Yeah right! And im one of the cronies.... this crony says TP RM2

izoklse

5,231 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-08 23:35 | Report Abuse

oit RM 2 ?? how come that high la. in fact too high.heheheh

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-07-08 23:37 | Report Abuse

Ya the cronies say MAS cannot continue to loose money and it can reach TP RM2

Posted by Muhammad Jamaluddin > 2014-07-09 00:46 | Report Abuse

if MAS reach TP RM2, Wow I'll be kaya raya ler... let dream tonight..hehehehe

itsart

146 posts

Posted by itsart > 2014-07-09 01:20 |

Post removed.Why?

izoklse

5,231 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-09 01:28 | Report Abuse

aiyo that one history already. Future might be different. A lot of possibility & opportunity. Grab the opportunity before it come and dont chase it when it go.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-07-09 01:30 | Report Abuse

all tax payers backed MAS kikkkiiiiiii heard "bound to lose" theory when it still 0.170 kikiiiiiiiiiiii

Posted by Marksmenship > 2014-07-09 02:25 | Report Abuse

Difficult to catch this stock on the upswing. Just have to wait it out. I still am keeping some of my previous purchased ones. Will offload if hit 25 cents and above.....................

newbis

69 posts

Posted by newbis > 2014-07-09 08:47 | Report Abuse

MAS= Masih Ada Sengat

Ring

6,522 posts

Posted by Ring > 2014-07-09 11:21 | Report Abuse

MAS had won many international awards for its service quality, due to the efforts of its workers.

“What has been lacking and caused the failure of MAS is simply incompetent leadership and financial management,” he added.

Posted by pvd_investor > 2014-07-09 11:38 | Report Abuse

I think we need to learn from Singapore - how to manage and boost the economy. We tend to shift our focus from uplifting the economy to rather petty and controversial things. Radical change in the mindset is required for this change. I hope this happens.

arv18

2,645 posts

Posted by arv18 > 2014-07-09 11:47 | Report Abuse

its a bit too late for that. only radical change is radical islam mindset. oh my! i said it.

zackboy

242 posts

Posted by zackboy > 2014-07-09 13:52 | Report Abuse

Malaysia Airlines boosts USA codeshares with American Airlines

Malaysia Airlines is ramping up its codeshares on American Airlines flights to and within the United States.
From July 11, the airline will place its code on AA’s daily Hong Kong-Dallas flight – allowing Malaysia Airlines customers to fly with their national carrier across to Hong Kong before picking up the journey with its Oneworld partner.
Currently, Malaysia Airlines customers bound for the United States fly through Tokyo Narita Airport before jumping on an AA or Japan Airlines flight to either Los Angeles or New York, as MH no longer flies to the land of the free.
Expanding on the reach of these existing codeshares, Malaysia Airlines will also apply its code to onward flights from these arrival hubs – allowing passengers to travel seamlessly and earn the highest number of Enrich miles.
From Los Angeles, the airline will codeshare to Austin, Chicago (O’Hare), Miami, Orlando, St. Louis and Washington (Reagan) from August 2 2014.
On the same date, codeshares commence from New York (JFK) to Austin, Chicago (O’Hare), Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami and Washington (Reagan).
For customers travelling from Australia, Malaysia Airlines flies directly to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide from its hub in Kuala Lumpur.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-airlines-boosts-usa-codeshares-with-american-airlines

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 07:20 | Report Abuse

Mas can ask for higher privatisation price with more and more value enhancing partnership

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 07:20 | Report Abuse

:)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 07:21 | Report Abuse

Why most msia politicians are rich?:)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 07:32 | Report Abuse

Maswings should be sold to resource rich sarawak first. :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 07:38 | Report Abuse

Loss making mas wont be able to help the aviation industry in sarawak and sabah for tourism, trade, transportation, etc... let them handle maswings themselves as sarawak and sabah are resource rich

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 07:42 | Report Abuse

Maswings should be sold back to sabah and sarawak, firefly, terminal services & mas engineering to be sold or ipo. Mas cargo and full service airlines unit to be privatised for restructuring, etc :)

borgkilla

116 posts

Posted by borgkilla > 2014-07-10 07:48 | Report Abuse

Doesn't look good

Ibnu

18 posts

Posted by Ibnu > 2014-07-10 08:52 | Report Abuse

Today, mas is probably up and i'm going to sell. You know why? Before explaining,let I sell first then talk.

newbis

69 posts

Posted by newbis > 2014-07-10 09:41 | Report Abuse

don't sell lah...be patient...it normal la....support strong..

Posted by streamer555 > 2014-07-10 10:20 | Report Abuse

nazir is coming big this time. MAS privatization & the CIMB becoming the largest bank.

rickywsy

38 posts

Posted by rickywsy > 2014-07-10 11:51 | Report Abuse

Why you said so?

jtpc2006

984 posts

Posted by jtpc2006 > 2014-07-10 12:03 | Report Abuse

MAS going up soon and will be a darling stock again!

Lereve

184 posts

Posted by Lereve > 2014-07-10 15:29 | Report Abuse

Please support and gain more profit later! You will reward for patient soon.

rickywsy

38 posts

Posted by rickywsy > 2014-07-10 15:57 | Report Abuse

Waiting them to announce for next quarter result. Will drop crazily...... then the tine to buy in gao gao...

rickywsy

38 posts

Posted by rickywsy > 2014-07-10 15:57 | Report Abuse

*time

jtpc2006

984 posts

Posted by jtpc2006 > 2014-07-10 16:23 | Report Abuse

can only go up

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 16:32 | Report Abuse

last year, it was reported that khazanah wanted at least 60sen for mas per share.... if mas were privatised, then the offer price should around this level , fingers crossed

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 16:34 | Report Abuse

about 70% of mas was held by khazanah, I think about 10%++ was held by various government agencies, etc too.... thus, 10-20% ais held by from non-government related investors if not mistaken :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-10 16:35 | Report Abuse

fun to watch mas as the time is running out.... :)

rickywsy

38 posts

Posted by rickywsy > 2014-07-10 17:02 | Report Abuse

I think will drop again because they are short of cash flow now. WIll they privatised at RM0.60 because they need to pay so much to investors at RM0.60.

Livinia

512 posts

Posted by Livinia > 2014-07-10 17:20 | Report Abuse

just keep for another two months at this price, i m sure all of u who hold till that day will be rewarded. cheer..........

newbis

69 posts

Posted by newbis > 2014-07-10 20:27 | Report Abuse

if price go up to 60cent invester who bought at 2+.+sen must be get profit..

Pi Di Tan

217 posts

Posted by Pi Di Tan > 2014-07-11 01:45 | Report Abuse

Let us ALL get one issue VERY VERY CLEAR : each one of us OR all of us here TOGETHER would NOT make a single dent on MAS price movement (whether up or down) if we are to ALL buy or sell in the same instant!!!! Bear in mind this is "NOW" handled by the body with huge $$$ account size (read Khazanah, EPF, PNB, ASN LTAT's nominees accounts...), unlike (relatively) KUCI-size owner/employed-syndicate like Iris,KNM or the popular Dsonic... think of the total buying power of MAS's invisible hand if 10-20 broker-houses provide a "small-size" trading account of RM100M to a quasi-government investment body ......

So the readers must find it FOOLISH for posters who post here BOTHERING whether other are either pro or con MAS --WORRYING about its selling-effect on MAS and its effect on MAS's price . If you are not aware of this UGLY sight, go visit DSONIC page and you shall find 3-5 self-proclaimed "adopted fathers" (not as sifu or guru or taikoh) of Dsonic price trying to CENSOR opposite opinions, for fear that non-conforming ideas will reverse or slow DSONIC price advance. These fools has never know or learned the account size and buying power of these "invisible-hand"(s) in dealing with situational stock like MAS with its market float and market cap.

Repeat : The moment a plan is set, a deal is on, none of what we say or do will affect the price trend.

So A more helpful/useful post would be those which give a clearer direction or more accurate price trend/prediction.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-07-11 02:51 | Report Abuse

Pi Din Tan: thanks

speakup

26,162 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-07-11 07:54 | Report Abuse

look like Khazanah wont be privatising MAS in the near-term

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-11 08:51 | Report Abuse

Soonlah, running out of time, some cronies may also offer to buy up mas or partially. Wait n see :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-11 08:52 | Report Abuse

Even proton got buyer :)

Posted by Marksmenship > 2014-07-11 09:19 | Report Abuse

Whether any imminent takeover or not it is Holding steady. Waiting for it to breakout to 25 cents.................

Lereve

184 posts

Posted by Lereve > 2014-07-11 09:45 | Report Abuse

not sure what is the conclusion of the meeting between MCA Tai Ko and MAS. They are meeting this week right?

skybursa

1,474 posts

Posted by skybursa > 2014-07-11 17:55 | Report Abuse

Dunno what will happen when they announce another quarter loss? Better wait for the result

izoklse

5,231 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-12 04:55 | Report Abuse

MAS needs to go private, Dr M tells government

SHAH ALAM, July 11 — Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad reiterated today his calls to privatise Malaysia Airlines (MAS), insisting it is the best way for the crippled flag carrier to get out of the red. The former prime minister who had introduced the concept of Malaysia Inc added that the government is in “denial” by refusing to accept that the national airline is not doing well. “MAS, I think should be privatised. There are many ways to privatising and we can perhaps get some expertise from elsewhere but what is happening is that despite promises to turn around, things got worse. “I think there comes a time when you have to accept that you are in denial that you refuse to accept the fact that you are not doing well,” he told reporters, after launching the book, “TPPA: Malaysia is not for sale” at the Karangkraf headquarters here. Dr Mahathir had called for MAS to be privatised as far back as last year, before the airline’s misfortunes plunged further with the mysterious disappearance of Flight MH370 in March. In an interview with the Malaysian Reserve last month, Malaysia’s longest-serving prime minister of 22 years, not only said MAS should be privatised, but specifically by Malaysians who have experience in the aviation business and who can work with the national carrier’s powerful unions. He had said that privatisation would offer the best chance for the airline to turn around because it needs a radical restructuring from top to bottom. “Therefore they should accept other processes like privatisation. “I think in this country there are a lot of people with expertise,” he clarified today, when asked if he meant foreign expertise should come into the picture. MAS recorded a net loss of RM2.52 billion in 2011 following the slump in the aviation sector especially for cargo service. Besides, operating cost especially that of fuel had spiralled while non-fuel cost climbed on capacity-related costs, marketing, maintenance and provisions for phased out aircraft. MAS had said that it is considering all options for a radical turnaround plan, including privatisation.

See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/money/article/mas-needs-to-go-private-dr-m-tells-government#sthash.6sKNufQQ.dpuf

Post a Comment
Market Buzz