MALAYSIAN AIRLINE SYSTEM BHD

KLSE (MYR): MAS (3786)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

37 people like this.

15,107 comment(s). Last comment by wallstreetrookie 2020-04-18 11:57

The One

2,949 posts

Posted by The One > 2014-07-04 14:25 | Report Abuse

Mentioned before: The "privatisation" was informed by 2 gentlemen who refused to be named.. who are they?

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 14:55 | Report Abuse

najib's brother, from cimb to join khazanah's board on sept 1.... cimb is reviewing mas now if not mistaken... to prove himself in khazanah, he is likely to push thru MAS's rescue plan , fingers crossed :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 14:57 | Report Abuse

he was also the one who helped the share swap between airasia and mas via cimb last time.... wait n see his action when he is on board in khazanah.... what surprise he would bring pertaining to mas again? :)

Livinia

512 posts

Posted by Livinia > 2014-07-04 15:27 | Report Abuse

yong, like wat u said, there is money to tap from this "mana ada sistem" counter, kikiki

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 15:38 | Report Abuse

once bitten twice shy... I think najib's brother from cimb would redeem his face pertaining to MAS this time after the earlier marriage between airasia n mas failed :)

Posted by Terry Sinclair > 2014-07-04 15:40 | Report Abuse

Playing yo-yo with your money.First release report and then deny about privatisation.So play smart and dont be fooled.

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 15:51 | Report Abuse

najib's brother is already super rich with his cimb's shareholdings, his involvement in khazanah in sept 2014 should be to redeem his failure pertaining to MAS for the share swap between airasia and mas arranged by cimb under him... wait n see.... only death and taxation are certain, taught by professors :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 15:54 | Report Abuse

in fact, the bn govt via khazanah did not make announcement yet regarding the privatisation of mas.... neither accept or reject.. still considering right? now, it is a prediction, the degree of likelihood.... whether dare to buy mas shares at this moment... either make a lot or lose a lot... fun time for traders .. not for those with heart problems :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 15:58 | Report Abuse

I guess the decision pertaining to MAS will be announced earliest this month and the most they delay also till sept 2014 when najib's brother has joined khazanah's board.... daily cash burn rate for mas was estimated around RM5mil per day.... cant wait longer.... fingers crossed :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 16:11 | Report Abuse

Good for Nazir to join Khazanah's Board as he failed before pertaining to mas share swap between mas and airasia.... hope to see his action to clean up the mess in mas even after the failure of the share swap , fingers crossed :)

KUALA LUMPUR: Analysts this morning are in agreement that it will be business as usual at least in the near term at CIMB Group, the country’s second largest banking group despite long-time Group CEO Datuk Seri Nazir Razak relinquishing his post effective September 1 and moving up to assume the role of Group chairman.

Maybank Research said there will be a new person at the helm (as Group CEO), but as a whole: “We expect it to be business as usual, especially in terms of direction of the group. This is particularly since an executive committee of the Board is to be established and Nazir will chair this committee, whose role is to focus on strategic matters.” (Source: Business Times)

Nallayak

928 posts

Posted by Nallayak > 2014-07-04 16:21 | Report Abuse

conflict lah, like that how can khaznah list more of their assets for us to buy subscribe IPO since cimb big player in floating ipo

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 16:24 | Report Abuse

in my opinion, mas should be privatised either by the govt or private investors... as a public listed company, there many compliance requirements, etc to be fulfilled ... a lot of announcements to be made during restructuring, etc would affect the share price, etc etc... for a private entity, they could restructure, etc faster without all the unnecessary announcement, seeking approval via agm, egm, etc etc which slowdown the entire process of restructuring.... fingers crossed :)

sharegod

55 posts

Posted by sharegod > 2014-07-04 16:26 | Report Abuse

MAS dropping to 205

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 16:29 | Report Abuse

last year, it was reported that khazanah wanted 60sen or higher for mas share.. if no private investors willing to privatise mas at such price, it better for the govt to privatise it :)

Rmanze

179 posts

Posted by Rmanze > 2014-07-04 16:30 | Report Abuse

Lol Cimb also have been affected

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 16:32 | Report Abuse

mas performance and share price performance were reported in the business newspapers globally as a listed co, so embarrassing... Bloomberg, etc etc...take it private and stop all these embarassments including alleged cronyism pertaining to brahim, the unreasonable unions, overstaffing/low productivity, bailout after bailout,wasting rakyat money, etc etc :)

Posted by Muhammad Jamaluddin > 2014-07-04 16:49 | Report Abuse

suddenly selling fast at 0.225

theguyz

46 posts

Posted by theguyz > 2014-07-04 17:16 | Report Abuse

It's support at 0.225.

RedEagle

3,194 posts

Posted by RedEagle > 2014-07-04 17:55 | Report Abuse

Script privatise change next week?

theguyz

46 posts

Posted by theguyz > 2014-07-04 18:00 | Report Abuse

Something is cooking. MAS Q2 report coming out end of August. Nazir to step in few days thereafter. Someone wants to start a new legacy in MAS.

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-04 21:53 | Report Abuse

MAS will be a new darling of Bursa Malaysia.

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-04 21:55 | Report Abuse

Nazir Nazir Nazir...Hidup Najib Hidup Najib.heehhehe cant wait 1st September :-)

jolie2

2,039 posts

Posted by jolie2 > 2014-07-04 21:59 | Report Abuse

hidup semua ....nazir,najib, mahathir,....
Tapi mas tetap mati.

Slick

655 posts

Posted by Slick > 2014-07-04 22:01 | Report Abuse

It's hard to say.. Be safe and try not to get burnt ppl..

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 22:01 | Report Abuse

Next year, asean integration will start. Open sky policy. July to sept this year,major decision on mas will be made. Running out of time, daily cash burnrate is estimated about rm5mil... betul2 tak boleh tunggu :)

jolie2

2,039 posts

Posted by jolie2 > 2014-07-04 22:18 | Report Abuse

with so many accidents cases happening to mas, give people "free" ticket, people also have to give a second thought.
Afterword, one way ticket to heavan. No ticket to return back to earth.

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 22:24 | Report Abuse

Sia also crashed in taiwan... recovered fast. Mh370 was the first case in the world. If u think negative, then forever remained negative. I came back from phuket last month. The mas plane was full , not all people r afraid to fly mas. After certain period, back to normal , people forget about mh370 :)

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 22:30 | Report Abuse

Mas can be restructured without political interference, high cost structure, excess staff, transparency of contracts, excess staff, stubborn unions, etc. Need a strong leader to restructure or re engineer it... someone like tony fernandes of airasia or ghosh of nissan, etc

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-04 22:34 | Report Abuse

jolie2 MAS have a very good safety record until MH370 case and everybody know about it. And in airline industries even the most expensive airline also have to deal with a possibility of airline crash. Thats why when you ask a lot of oversea traveler, they are saying good things about MAS airline even after MH370 case. So don't just simply jump into conclusion that one incident will totally destroy any chance of survival.

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-04 22:37 | Report Abuse

maybe jolie2 is not a frequent traveler. So he or she dont know how well MAS airline is accepted amoung the outstation & overseas traveler. Even when MH370 incident happen...every shock because it happen to MAS as everybody know who good their safety record it.So don't just simply jump into conclusion that one incident will totally destroy any chance of survival.

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-04 23:01 | Report Abuse

Source : http://www.nst.com.my/node/9256

Leadership change

NEW ROLE: Nazir to take over as CIMB Group chairman effective September 1

CIMB Group Holdings Bhd yesterday announced that Datuk Seri Nazir Razak is taking over as chairman of CIMB Group, effective September 1, fuelling speculation that his deputy, Tengku Datuk Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz, may assume the post of group chief executive officer (CEO).

The country’s second-largest banking group did not name who will take over from Nazir, who is relinquishing his current position on the same date, saying that a new group CEO will be announced once regulatory approvals have been obtained.

CIMB’s largest shareholder with 30 per cent stake, Khazanah Nasional Bhd, said it is appointing Nazir to its board of directors effective September 1.

In a separate statement, CIMB said current chairman Tan Sri Md Nor Yusof will retire from the group’s board and join its international advisory panel.

In an internal note to CIMB staff which was made available to Business Times, Nazir said the appointment is in line with his “love and deep commitment” to the organisation.

He said he has long aspired to be chairman of CIMB Group.

“I have spent my entire career with CIMB and have every intention of continuing with the firm for as long as I can... I look forward to spearheading the group in my new position,” said the 48-year old Nazir who has served CIMB Group for 25 years.

“I also felt that after 15 years as group CEO, CIMB will benefit from a new group CEO with fresh ideas and higher energy. I intend to work closely with the new group CEO to ensure his or her smooth ascension to the post and assumption of day-to-day operational leadership,

“There will inevitably be interest and speculation and more ‘interesting’ perspectives to our leadership transition plan. We will keep the suspense as short as possible and I will continue to helm the organisation, albeit in a different role, so no one should be unduly concerned. I am not going anywhere else (except that in tandem with chairmanship of CIMB, I will also be appointed to the board of Khazanah),” he added.

Since his appointment as CIMB Investment Bank Bhd CEO early this year, market talk has it that Zafrul has been picked as one of the five internal candidates to be groomed as Nazir’s successor.

However, Zafrul has dismissed the talk in interviews with the media.

Zafrul also heads CIMB Group’s Investment Banking Division and co-heads its Corporate Clients Solutions Division.

In its official statement, CIMB said it is taking the opportunity to reconfigure its leadership structure.

In addition to being chairman of CIMB Group, Nazir will also chair an executive committee of the board (to be established) that will focus on key strategic matters and enhance the board’s functions.

Posted by Yong Chun Wah > 2014-07-04 23:16 | Report Abuse

Wait n see. Mas-airasia share swap arranged by cimb under nazir was cancelled. See what will be next after joining khazanah's board :)

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-04 23:18 | Report Abuse

Based on the statement above he confirm joining khazanah board. Huraiiiiiiiii. All the joy for MAS.

malaysian

93 posts

Posted by malaysian > 2014-07-05 01:56 |

Post removed.Why?

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-05 02:15 | Report Abuse

yeah im stupid malaysian. so what with you ? you have problem with my stupidity ? i don`t stupidly called you stupid...so don`t stupidly called other people stupid as you also show your stupidity here.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-07-05 02:27 | Report Abuse

izoklse bro... jom masuk EAH :-)

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-05 02:33 | Report Abuse

emm not ready yet to jump into EAH la bro. Any special deal about EAH ?

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-07-05 02:42 | Report Abuse

izoklse: let's make it special together .... ! kikiki

nitestayer

518 posts

Posted by nitestayer > 2014-07-05 03:07 | Report Abuse

Ayam Tua : better to focus at EAH than this one. ;-)

izoklse

5,248 posts

Posted by izoklse > 2014-07-05 03:14 | Report Abuse

hahah good one nitestayer & ayamtua. Have to study a bit the counter before i jump in. But not much la can attack.The higher i can attack pun only 500k. Since already hold so much MAS, SUMATEC, ETI, NICE, HUBLINE, PMHLDG,TMS... So for EAH i have to check first whether it is good to enter now or not.

nitestayer

518 posts

Posted by nitestayer > 2014-07-05 03:32 | Report Abuse

izoklse : it is one of the speculative counters.
looking at the QR it is very healthy :-) ... do u think to jump on to this one ???
those who have bought it at 0.11 will be a good buy.

moneycashrich

2,101 posts

Posted by moneycashrich > 2014-07-05 07:39 | Report Abuse

I believe investor/trader of stocks are the smart people. why? because our job is to make money from numbers. If u still make money, give yourself praise and rewards. No other job or business is more difficult or exciting than investing. Happy weekend holidays.

awang87

338 posts

Posted by awang87 > 2014-07-05 11:09 | Report Abuse

kongsi saje yang apa i dengar. (i bukan shareholder MAS) pakcik i member UMNO, dia cakap Tun Mahathir mau MAS di-privatised, Tun pun sudah jenguk MAS union, orang union semua OK. case MAS ini macam Proton privatisation, Tun Mahathir yang mau Proton di-privatised jugak. apa yang i tak suka ialah companies Malaysia tak transparent. Dulu pun adad report keluar cakap Proton akan di-privatised, Proton keluar statement deny, cakap speculative, Akhirnya announce privatise, celaka! skrang Khazanah cakap speculative, sekali sekali cakap pritivase nanti, memang tak boleh percaya ni. kalao betul betul report tak betul, Khazanah cakaplah tak ada kena mengena dengan CIMB lah (boleh pergi mahkamah sue dia orang newspaper juga kalao semua tu report salah), cakaplah tak ada board meeting sebelum raya bulan ni (boleh pergi mahkamah juga kalau semua tu report salah), apa hal keluar satu line saje dalam statement cakap speculative. I ada notice, news tu pernah juga keluar cakap share swap MAS dan AirAsia akan di-canceled, memang betul betul kena cancel! Kalao news 'cun', dah payah sembunyi sini sana, deny sini sana, tidak cakap benar, akhirnya minority shareholders seperti kami yang kena. dosa ni Khazanah. tapi untuk semua kawan kawan shareholders MAS sini, pakcik i yang cakap mungkin akan privatised dekat harga yang agak "low", jadi hati-hati ya. tapi tengok support agak strong, Semoga berjaya!

sheep

3,849 posts

Posted by sheep > 2014-07-05 11:22 | Report Abuse

Low...20sen kut

Posted by Edmund investor > 2014-07-05 11:27 | Report Abuse

20 cent mampus la

nitestayer

518 posts

Posted by nitestayer > 2014-07-05 11:34 | Report Abuse

awang87 : saya bersetuju apa yang awak tulis.... semua cakap cakap ia lah khabar angin dan 'speculative' sahaja.
yes.... have strong support and also show positive sign (gradually moving up).

Posted by YangBerhormat > 2014-07-05 11:38 | Report Abuse

wait for few more quarter losses, price drop to bottom then privatise.
Like this insider/new owner baru ada untong mah.

awang87

338 posts

Posted by awang87 > 2014-07-05 12:10 | Report Abuse

nitestayer, terima kasih, tapi khabar angin ni pakcik i cakap benar lah, teruk khazanah cakap 'speculative', kalao akhirnya Khazanah announce privatise MAS, malu betul khazanah. macam proton case, khabar angin cakap privatise, proton terus keluar statement cakap 'speculative', akhirnya, proton yang announce kena privatise. kami shareholders yang diperdaya...
Companies seperti Khazanah tidak bodoh, MAS bukan-nya teruk sangat, ada unit unit yang untung banyak, khazanah untung kalao dapat privatise pada harga yang rendah, restructure semua companies MAS, dan jual atau re-list semua-nya, baca link ni:
http://research.maybank-ib.com/pdf/document/MAS_What_if_MAS_is_Privatised_MKE_6018.pdf

pzul

1,451 posts

Posted by pzul > 2014-07-05 13:47 | Report Abuse

kalau betul khazanah ambil, mmg jumlah kena top up pun tak banyak ikut harga market mesti rendah.. so yg beli harga tinggi jadi mangsa..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz