BANK ISLAM MALAYSIA BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): BIMB (5258)

-0.02 (0.80%)

2.48 - 2.51

32 people like this.

9,280 comment(s). Last comment by aimi4s1 1 day ago

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-01 17:26 | Report Abuse

I, monkeyking, recommend BIMB in a forum when it was around $1.20 to $1.30 & it shoot to $2.40+ & everyone make plenty of money including me....ask who is monkeyking aka chong.

WWH33

285 posts

Posted by WWH33 > 2012-03-01 17:28 | Report Abuse

Journey to the west monkeyking??????????

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-01 17:31 | Report Abuse

Yes, brother WWH33, that monekyking or ??? .

WWH33

285 posts

Posted by WWH33 > 2012-03-01 17:33 | Report Abuse

Like that sure fly already lah bro Chong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wuahhhhhhhhhh......... water liu liu already lohhhhh.............

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-01 17:36 | Report Abuse

In fact BIMB is my favourite counter.....make so many rounds until lost count, hee, hee, hee

WWH33

285 posts

Posted by WWH33 > 2012-03-01 17:54 | Report Abuse

So far for now euro is turning green with dj future also +19.00. Looking for a Great Day tomorrow...........

Adam Ryan

470 posts

Posted by Adam Ryan > 2012-03-01 18:03 | Report Abuse

Tomorrow time to make some profits if DJI rose tonight....Profit taking day tomorrow...

Posted by Thomas Ng > 2012-03-01 18:05 | Report Abuse

tomolo will fly to 2.30+

chieng8182

340 posts

Posted by chieng8182 > 2012-03-01 23:26 | Report Abuse

dji break 13000 now, hope it will end with green light, then cheong tomolo...

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-02 01:36 | Report Abuse

Today all Europe ends in GREEN with rises of about 1% & DJI is in the GREEN too rising 44+ points & almost hitting the 1300 mark......so BIMB cheong lah, hee, hee, hee..................same goes for son CB & CC.

Posted by Stephen Lee > 2012-03-02 03:54 | Report Abuse

Wah bro Adam Ryan has been hibinating during winter and now come out to make some $$$$...Did your professor go on leave?....Cherrois

Adam Ryan

470 posts

Posted by Adam Ryan > 2012-03-02 05:03 | Report Abuse

Stephen Lee: Just Finished my paper man....Now i am free....Up coming week, i ill active in stock...hope stock market ill be bull soon....

Posted by yeap boon tat > 2012-03-02 08:00 | Report Abuse

May i know what good is this counter has currently? coz i see the profit is lower than last years.. pls advice thanks

chieng8182

340 posts

Posted by chieng8182 > 2012-03-02 13:38 | Report Abuse

pity bimb no volume

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-02 14:07 | Report Abuse

Yes, brother chieng8182, very low volume...let's hope plenty sapu in the afternoon session.

WWH33

285 posts

Posted by WWH33 > 2012-03-02 15:23 | Report Abuse

Steady......... Put long line to fish big FISH!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Boikot Knk Sibu > 2012-03-02 15:41 | Report Abuse

wat happen bimb ?suddenly buy queue cancel

WWH33

285 posts

Posted by WWH33 > 2012-03-02 15:41 | Report Abuse

20k @ 2.25 GONE!!!!!!!!! Hilang!!!!!!!!!

chieng8182

340 posts

Posted by chieng8182 > 2012-03-02 16:14 | Report Abuse

bimb sleeps today.

jacklew

499 posts

Posted by jacklew > 2012-03-02 16:17 | Report Abuse

no show today. have to wait next week liao.

mrK0K3N

Posted by mrK0K3N > 2012-03-02 17:01 | Report Abuse

more time needed to recover 20k @ 2.25 ;-)

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-02 17:31 | Report Abuse

Today we see someone collecting at a lower price...maybe to goreng later as this person keep throwing 1 lot at 1 or 2 cents cheaper each time...so stay with it.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-03 01:02 | Report Abuse

BIMB always got it's going down for a while & then suddenly goreng up to great heights....as you had seen yesterday someone purposely throw or sell 1 single lot at a lower 1 cent on each 1 cent drop...so hold on my friends & reap your benefits later on.

Cheers.

Alan Lim

43 posts

Posted by Alan Lim > 2012-03-03 01:10 | Report Abuse

bro chong,i can't get u.is means bimb will go down for some day after will break great high ?.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-03 01:33 | Report Abuse

No, brother Alan Lim , BIMB will definately go up. It's just someone is purposely throwing 1 lot at 1 cent cheaper each time for someone to collect.....thereby to goreng late that's for sure. Ask yourself why you would want to throw it down when you hope it to go up to make money....use logic please my friend.

Cheers.

Alan Lim

43 posts

Posted by Alan Lim > 2012-03-03 01:40 | Report Abuse

tx bro chong.

andyteng

457 posts

Posted by andyteng > 2012-03-03 09:59 | Report Abuse

chong,what u expect the stock performance after general election , the rumour saying it is held on May or June

Posted by quyen850906 > 2012-03-03 14:52 | Report Abuse

andyteng, believe Mr 1Malaysia

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-03 17:39 | Report Abuse

Monday or Tuesday it will shoot.....hopefully....keep fingers cross my friends as last Friday someone is collecting at a forced lower price.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-04 01:48 | Report Abuse

Brother Boikot Knk Sibu , almost everyday is a T+3 day for all counters. But I think the chances of it going higher is still there as someone if collecting.

Adam Ryan

470 posts

Posted by Adam Ryan > 2012-03-04 01:53 | Report Abuse

Brother chong hope this week all rally week. cheer

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-04 18:54 | Report Abuse

A number of research houses are maintaining their bullish views on the banking sector despite the fact that loans growth may slow down due to the implemention of the responsible lending guidelines.

Maintaining his “overweight” stance on the sector, Alliance Research analyst Cheah King Yoong said he was convinced that the underlying fundamentals of the domestic banking sector remained solid.

“We expect the near term earnings prospect of the major domestic banks to stay robust. In fact, we believe that the consensus earnings for banks in 2012 have been largely conservative,” Cheah said in his report on Thursday.

However, there is some concern in the latest lending indicators that loan applications, loan approvals and loan disbursement activities had began the year on a slow note.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-04 18:55 | Report Abuse

Restructuring exercise at Bank Islam?

There are developments brewing in Malaysia's oldest Islamic bank, Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd, and details would likely be
revealed in its parent company BIMB Holdings Bhd's analyst briefing next Wednesday.

In recent news, it was reported that Bank Islam intended to assume the listing of its parent company BIMB Holdings Bhd. Relating to this, a banking analyst said the objective was not clear yet but the bank was reported to be looking for direct exposure to investors.

She added that more information could be expected come the analyst briefing but until then, it was premature to talk about the prospects for both Bank Islam and its parent company. On whether such listing would bode well for the bank, she said it would depend on if investors wanted an investment without the exposure to an insurance company.

“If investors do not want exposure to an insurance company under the parent company then they would definitely choose to buy into a pure bank,” she said.

Another analyst said a big restructuring exercise was likely and that BIMB would not discount the fact that Bank Islam made a chunky contribution to BIMB's profit before zakat and taxation at 85%.

Adam Ryan

470 posts

Posted by Adam Ryan > 2012-03-04 19:09 | Report Abuse

Noted

Posted by Usry Bin Abdullah > 2012-03-04 20:39 | Report Abuse

Bro Chong:pls give ur comment about that statement.. i'm blured... thanks

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 00:59 | Report Abuse

BIMB may be restructured into different entities...example Bank Islam to be listed as a different entity. BIMB now holds more than 50% of Bank Islam, more than 65% of Takaful Insurance, 100% of BIMB Securities [stockbroking] & others like leasing, venture capital, etc, etc.

So now BIMB may want to list Bank Islam as 1 listed company by itself without the Takaful Insurance which some investors may not be in interested...the idea is to attract more investors for Bank Islam & that is good for BIMB. As it is Takaful Insurance is listed differently but not Bank Islam...so BIMB may want to list Bank Islam as a different listed company. Or BIMB may want to list BIMB Securities by itself too. So what is the restructuring exercise about....the full details will be know by this Wednesday.

Normally restructuring is good for a listed company.

Correct me if I am wrong please.

Alan Lim

43 posts

Posted by Alan Lim > 2012-03-05 01:08 | Report Abuse

bro chong if im no mistake 2-3 weeks ago ceo of bimb oredi announced sc oredi approved ipo for bank islam malaysia.than means bank islam will be another listed in bursa.just waiting for righ time to announed the ipo price.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 01:10 | Report Abuse

So my friends, please be the least worried. I may in fact buy more BIMB today itself. Maybe they will list Bank Islam itself and we may get some Bank Islam shares too together with our present BIMB shares, or if BIMB Securities go for listing we may get BIMB Securities shares too, hee, hee, hee

Take Berjaya for example as a holding company and all it's subsidiaries are listed as a different companies like Berjaya Land, Berjaya Food, Berjaya Toto, etc....same thing may go for BIMB too. Genting too also like this.

Cheers.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 01:15 | Report Abuse

Brother Alan Lim, if this is already announced that Bank Islam will be listed, we as the shareholders may get Bank Islam shares too, maybe the special pink form for the IPO, hee,hee, hee

Yes, maybe Bank Islam will enlarge its shares & be listed as a bigger company..that means more Bank Islam shares to be issued & that's why an IPO and we the shareholders may get Bank Islam share....just my thought only.

Alan Lim

43 posts

Posted by Alan Lim > 2012-03-05 01:19 | Report Abuse

bro chong,pls ref back nanyang press for details.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 01:22 | Report Abuse

So we wait until this Wednesday for further details...so fingers crossed please & hope for BIMB share price to cheong, hee, hee, hee

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 01:25 | Report Abuse

Can you brother Alan Lim provide more details of what Nanayang says please or please give me the link & I may translate it for the non Chinese members or those Chinese who cannot tread the Chinese language, that is Mandarin. I am no expert in translation but maybe I will try best.

Alan Lim

43 posts

Posted by Alan Lim > 2012-03-05 01:27 | Report Abuse

ok ,give me sometime to check back.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 01:28 | Report Abuse

Brother Alan Lim, is it this you are talking about?

BANK Islam Malaysia Bhd is working towards its third initial public offering (IPO), in line with its efforts to increase its non-fund based income.

Managing director Datuk Seri Zukri Samat said the bank completed the listing of two companies on Bursa Malaysia earlier this year and is working hard in getting more mandates to increase its non-fund based income.

"We have submitted the application for the third IPO candidate and are waiting for approvals," he said.

He said Bank Islam is the only commercial bank approved by the Securities Commission (SC) to act as principal adviser to undertake corporate finance work such as IPOs and advisory services for mergers and acquisitions.

"This is our niche and it gives us a competitive edge in an industry where competition is getting stiffer, with 17 domestic and foreign Islamic banks in the country," he said in an interview.

As at December 31 2010, Bank Islam was ranked No. 3 in terms of asset, with a 11.4 per cent market share, behind Maybank Islamic and CIMB Islamic.

In terms of deposits, the bank maintained its No. 2 position, with a 12.3 per cent market share.

Zukri said Bank Islam is very much a retail bank as 74 per cent of its assets are consumer-based.

"Our competitors are not only Islamic banks, but also conventional banks," he said.

Apart from capitalising on the competitive advantage as the only Islamic bank on the SC's approved advisers' list, Bank Islam is also leveraging on its strong branding.

"The Bank Islam brandname is very strong, especially in the east coast (of Malaysia). It's an open secret that whenever we open a branch in the east coast, the break-even period is shorter than usual," Zukri said.

He said innovation is another key factor that has helped Bank Islam stay ahead of the competitive curve and it has scored many firsts in terms of product innovations.

Its "Transact on Palm" mobile banking service, said to be Malaysia's first mobile banking service that does not require Internet access, has recorded close to 160,000 subscribers since it was launched about a year ago.

The bank plans to roll out a few more products next year.

"According to a study undertaken by an independent party, a customer who has more than three products with a particular bank, would likely stay with the bank.

"We are working hard to cross-sell our products to our existing customers and ensure that they will have more than one Bank Islam's products," he said.

By end-December, Bank Islam will operate 122 branches, with the newest branch in Pasir Tumbuh, Kelantan, and Ara Damansara, Selangor.

"The bank will open 28 more branches over the next three years. By 2014, we target to have 150 branches. By then, we will be operating at our optimum size," he said. Bernama

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 01:31 | Report Abuse

...or is it this?

BIMB have been discussing the pros and cons of such a move. They may want to simplify the BIMB group structure, one source says.

Kuala Lumpur: Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd, the country’s oldest Islamic lender, may assume the listing status of its parent company BIMB Holdings Bhd, sources said.

BIMB owns 51 per cent of Bank Islam, from which it derives the bulk of its earnings. “BIMB have been discussing the pros and cons of such a move. They may want to simplify the BIMB group structure,” one of the sources told Business Times.

Bank Islam accounts for some 85 per cent of BIMB’s profit before zakat and taxation (PBZT). The rest of the BIMB group’s earnings comes mainly from a listed Islamic insurance firm, Syarikat Takaful Malaysia Bhd (STMB), in which BIMB owns a 65.2 per cent stake.

A banking analyst from a local brokerage said it would make sense for Bank Islam to be the listed entity as investors tend to buy into BIMB for exposure to the fast-growing Islamic
banking operations.

“Having Bank Islam at the top helps matters because it stems the leakage to minority interests that happens now at the BIMB level and also gives investors direct exposure to the banking
operations rather than through the holding company,” said the analyst.

The change in structure would also improve valuations, he said, pointing out that currently there was a tendency to attach a holding company discount.

Bank Islam managing director Datuk Seri Zukri Samat, when asked about the matter in a recent interview, said: “It’s an idea the shareholders may want to consider seriously as the direct
listing will give the bank flexibility in raising capital for its future expansion.”

BIMB could not immediately be reached for comment. BIMB, listed on the Main Market in 1997, is controlled by the pilgrims fund Lembaga Tabung Haji, which also holds an 18.5 per cent stake in
Bank Islam.

Still, it remains to be seen how another major shareholder of Bank Islam, Dubai Group LLC, would feel about the bank being listed.

Dubai Group, which bought a 40 per cent stake in the bank from BIMB in 2006 for RM828 million, or RM1.20 a share, has since diluted its stake to 30.5 per cent after it did not take up its
portion of new preference shares in the bank’s last cash-raising exercise.

Its stake would be further diluted if the bank were to be listed. On the other hand, a listing could provide an exit opportunity for the group, should it want to realise its investment.

Bank Islam, which accounted for RM342 million of BIMB’s PBZT of RM399.8 million for the nine months to September 30 last year, is keen to expand into Indonesia and Bangladesh.

BIMB shares, which have gained 5.4 per cent this year, beating the benchmark FBM KLCI’s 1.9 per cent gain, last closed at RM2.14

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 01:37 | Report Abuse

Just remember this....

The change in structure would also improve valuations, he said, pointing out that currently there was a tendency to attach a holding company discount.

So Bank Islam listed, it's price naik because of better value & so BIMB also naik juga...hee, hee,hee

So buy buy more BIMB shares today lah.

Alan Lim

43 posts

Posted by Alan Lim > 2012-03-05 01:58 | Report Abuse

pls check nanyang.com.my.(business) page 56 (13/2) buy 2nd larger islamic bank indonesia.page 58(11/2)ipo bank islam.

Alan Lim

43 posts

Posted by Alan Lim > 2012-03-05 02:05 | Report Abuse

bro chong pls check n correct me if i m misteked.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-03-05 06:25 | Report Abuse

Yes, brother Alan Lim, it's correct. Now we wait for Wednesday to know the full review. But I believe that this restructure is good for BIMB bearing in mind that this is not a PN17 counter that is undergoing restructure, then this is totally different.

Adam Ryan

470 posts

Posted by Adam Ryan > 2012-03-05 06:32 | Report Abuse

Brother Chong: Hope This monday will be rally day our bursa....Break 1600 or not...? let we see today