Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 13:38 | Report Abuse

This may have significant impact to worldwide stock market! Thanks to my friends in US passing me this info, it seems recently that the Israeli Foreign minister said if US doesn't take further steps to dismantle Iranian nuclear programme, a pre-emptive strike by Israel will be done in matter of weeks. they said to check it out on the NYT http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/international/countriesandterritories/iran/index.html click the links for further reading. i was reading, and i am not sure its a bluff or anything by Israel. but its good to wise up to world affairs and how it would affect us, namely the share market as in this case. I know Muslims here will be upset, and will not be surprise that some will resort to eventual vulgarity and cursing. But that is not the point. the intention of this post is to wake us all up to reality of world affairs not to be blinded by our bullishness!

1 person likes this.

41 comment(s). Last comment by nicermannson 2012-10-27 18:00

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 13:41 | Report Abuse

the Iranian president, ahmadinejad will definitely be a target by US & Israeli intelligence soon! True what the holy books said, there will never be peace between the decendants of Ibrahim.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ahmadinejad-israel-is-a-cancerous-tumor-that-will-soon-be-destroyed/

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 13:53 | Report Abuse

Potentially affected counters that I know, petronas, Alam, scomi maybe? Hehehe

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 16:17 | Report Abuse

Please remember, the darling of the analysts now are O&G counters. So please be careful and run at first news of skirmishes between Israel & Iran. USA, of course, will be a lame duck, and probably throw their lot with Israel!

all O&G counters and those in their peripherals (O&G service providers- MISC, Perisai, etc) are to be on alert!

yfchong

5,748 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2012-08-18 21:11 | Report Abuse

Is flour will be affected??

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-18 22:12 | Report Abuse

LOL yfchong

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-19 20:44 | Report Abuse

gold....ETF Gold listed at SGX,HKSE & NYSE will be affected. Alternatively, iShare Silver also

kong73

2,046 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-08-19 21:02 | Report Abuse

gulp!

kong73

2,046 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-08-19 21:06 | Report Abuse

possible oil price gonna go up...oil related counters..will be major beneficiary..airline stock will be severely affected due to increase in jet fuel prices...possible right?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 21:14 | Report Abuse

Oil price going up for sure, because reduced output and possible interruption of supplies vessel passing the Straits of Hormuz. Not necessary all O&G will benefit from high oil price when market is setback with another inflationary drive!

Posted by Gabriel Khoo > 2012-08-19 21:36 | Report Abuse

Plantation stock bit impact as well right. Due to high fertilizer?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-19 21:45 | Report Abuse

by right, everything will be up due to inflation because of high oil price, as said!

we need an alternative clean and renewable energy source. Fossil fuel burning will condemn this world to global disaster!

jester

852 posts

Posted by jester > 2012-08-19 22:13 | Report Abuse

True Kc Loh. And thanks for the global news.

Of course USA will throw their lot with Israel. Inflation will rule if this happens. And yes, Airline stocks will definitely suffer.

Again, a very good info by Kc Loh to open up our minds about the world news. Thanks.

thr3dx

11 posts

Posted by thr3dx > 2012-08-20 00:04 | Report Abuse

True Kc Loh.There will never be peace between the decendants of Ibrahim.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Abraham.aspx

But think why here, in Malaysia, we (muslims) didnt talk much about the war between Iran & Israel? but instead we care much about Syria and Myanmar.
One of the reason is Iran follow the Shia/Shiah/Shiite, where Malaysia muslims follow Sunni/Sunnah likes the rest of SEA countries. Same but different.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shi%27a%E2%80%93Sunni_relations

http://islam.about.com/cs/divisions/f/shia_sunni.htm

(take a look at Shia majority countries and i think u guys know what happens to those countries)

And Shia in Malaysia considered as 'ajaran sesat' and one thing u guys must know is the blood of Sunni is 'halal' to Shia. Means that they can kill Sunni as they like. Example, in Syria, the killer is Shia and being killed is Sunni.

About Israel, think why the Nazi killed the Jews and why there are so many Jews in Europe during WW2 but those corrupt Jews build Israel in Middle East? did i said corrupt?

Just my personal opinion.
Peace.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-20 00:11 | Report Abuse

pity eh, for the decendants killing each other due to religion and idealogy?

and best part is Saudi Arabia and Egypt is Sunni sect as well! rojak la!

kong73

2,046 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-08-20 03:24 | Report Abuse

china n russia frens with iran...will be difficult to go to war with iran.

kong73

2,046 posts

Posted by kong73 > 2012-08-20 10:56 | Report Abuse

china import 10% of oil from iran...russia supporting iran for nuclear n exporting their military weapons hardware and technical capabilities...dun think israel will dare to go to war without UN backing...iran is not exactly palestin.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-20 12:35 | Report Abuse

That is correct. Even the Israeli people wants a UN led strike against Iran. Israels position is, if they could only delay "nuclear facility" build-up for a few years in their current stand right now.

The whole problem is mistrust against the Iranian president. He has repeated made threats against the existence of Israel, so I can't really blame Israel for being edgy if you have a trigger happy nuclear enemy and neighbour!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 12:47 | Report Abuse

Bloomberg News, sent from my Android tablet

Iran has almost completed an underground nuclear enrichment facility in what may be an attempt to influence negotiations with the U.S. and Europe, the New York Times said, citing unidentified intelligence officials.

Almost 3,000 centrifuges are being installed at the Fordo plant constructed in the side of a mountain, putting Iran closer to being able to build a nuclear weapon should the country’s leaders decide to do so, the report said. The work has proceeded in the face of U.S., European and Israeli vows to stop it through sanctions that have damaged the Iranian economy.

While Iran maintains the plant is for peaceful energy development, Israel says it is part of an atomic weapons program and has said it may attack the Islamic republic’s facilities. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is pushing President Barack Obama and the international community to set “red lines” for military action if Iran continues to enrich uranium.

The progress at Fordo was revealed by unidentified officials familiar with recent inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the New York Times said. Some of the officials come from European countries that oppose a military strike in favor of economic sanctions on Iran, the report said.

National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor is cited by the newspaper as saying “we remain concerned about Iran’s defiance of its international obligations” while declining to comment about any unreleased intelligence reports.

The Times reported on Oct. 21 that the U.S. and Iran had reached a tacit agreement to hold talks after next month’s American presidential election, which Obama denied the next day during a debate with Republican candidate Mitt Romney. The prospect of negotiations may be behind the accelerated pace of activity at Iran’s underground site, today’s report said.

The number of centrifuges installed at the Fordo facility doubled to about 2,140 from 1,064 in June, the IAEA said in August. While fewer than half of the machines are putting out enriched uranium, Iran could have all of them doing so within months, the newspaper quoted the unidentified officials as saying.

To contact the reporter on this story: John Brinsley in Tokyo at jbrinsley@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Peter Hirschberg at phirschberg@bloomberg.net

Find out more about Bloomberg for Android: http://m.bloomberg.com/android

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 12:50 | Report Abuse

Attack looks immenent. American forces already started to build up under the guise of joint strategic defence exercise. Already 3500 American marines and warplanes there! Guess it may be just after their elections?

rogerlim

424 posts

Posted by rogerlim > 2012-10-26 13:19 | Report Abuse

in my opinion,now the US is in a bad shape for a full scale war due to the recent withdraw from Iraq and the conflict in Afghanistan still going.. there is a possibility of a preemptive strike but is sure to make the middle east much more chaos... sure the Russian and china will try to prevent it from happen, Syria and Iran had a strong tie with the Russian.. i think it wont be any major conflict in the coming few month

nicermannson

1,094 posts

Posted by nicermannson > 2012-10-26 13:33 | Report Abuse

it will only take less than 24 hours to attack Iran's nuclear sites.Saudi has prepared to produce extra petroleum. Of course there will be a knee jerk reaction for a day or two and also the time to buy cheap.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 13:51 | Report Abuse

that's the idea! war also will help Republican's cause i think! :)

Antz78

36 posts

Posted by Antz78 > 2012-10-26 15:25 | Report Abuse

It must not happen.. else the Mayan prophecy may be true ? :(

Lotusf1

1,159 posts

Posted by Lotusf1 > 2012-10-26 16:08 | Report Abuse

There is no need for action against iran ,just a ecomic sanction pressures will do.times and times again ,the us president kept believing that ,sanction is the best way to handle iranian case.further ,us millitary expert believes that iranaian does not have capabilities to load their nuclear materials in to their weapon grade boms weapon.they have stepped up their centrifugals capabilies program but putting them as fissile materials into the weaponry stage are another story! Common law states that noone is guilty just because he owns a gun!Another exmillitary us experts says that attcking iran would be a greatest mistake and could lead further to untold consequences.i do not support iran or,israel,but let the sanctions work their ways as opposes to attacking strategy.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 16:26 | Report Abuse

What do you think they have been doing all these while to Iran?

rogerlim

424 posts

Posted by rogerlim > 2012-10-26 21:31 | Report Abuse

for current situation,i think no one have the will to fight this war... UN security council member think economy sanction is the best way to avoid a direct confrontation with Iran..

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 21:43 | Report Abuse

The question must be asked, the current US-led sanction is crippling their economy, why are they pressing on with the uranium enrichment programme over the welfare of their own people?

My worry is the urging for action is from two influential papers now, NYT and The Times.

nicermannson

1,094 posts

Posted by nicermannson > 2012-10-26 21:55 | Report Abuse

the red line has been drawn by the Israeli PM recently at the UN while Obama says, it was just noise.

rogerlim

424 posts

Posted by rogerlim > 2012-10-26 21:59 | Report Abuse

well,KC.. last time i also have the same thinking as you too but when i do some research on the uranium enrichment program issue on both N,korea and Iran.. i found out that their own people actually is very support their own government due to national pride and mentality.. they portrait US as a bully that wanna to annex their homeland..

now US need to find some issue to distract the attention of their own people on the problem that their are facing now,some more US need war to boost their own weapon industry and finish up their current weapon stockpile....

56 posts

Posted by 66300 > 2012-10-26 22:05 | Report Abuse

Most likely another weapons of mass destruction fairy tale to control the last remaining Middle eastern oil resource not already in vested hands. Now that they cant get rid of Hugo Sanchez, Venezuela will suddenly have weapons of mass destruction too.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 22:15 | Report Abuse

hence i was saying, it could be an opportunity sent to the Republicans if Obama doesn't do anything about it!

I have no problem Iranian building their own nuclear reactors and what not. What i have a problem is an itchy finger despot president calling for Israel's annihilation time and again. No wonder the Israeli are edgy!

http://www.theisraelproject.org/site/apps/nlnet/content3.aspx?c=ewJXKcOUJlIaG&b=7712195&ct=11621257&notoc=1

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/08/17/iran-israel-ahmadinejad.html

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2012/August/Ahmadinejad-Calls-for-Israels-Destruction-again/

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 22:17 | Report Abuse

conspiracy theories will always be abound. well i am a believer that the plane that knock off the twin tower is fabricated too from my observations of the video footages in youtube.com :)

rogerlim

424 posts

Posted by rogerlim > 2012-10-26 22:29 | Report Abuse

haha,well it will been always like that one.... propaganda and psychology war...

56 posts

Posted by 66300 > 2012-10-26 22:51 | Report Abuse

Denial? Which platform? New York times? CNN?, Aljazeera? Maybe New straits Times or perhaps Astro?. What good did denial do for Iraq. Saddam Hussein also threatened and that was all that he could do. Don't forget that they are also politicians and they must appear strong to their people.

What is most sad Aussie friend who used to visit Iraq for education related projects told me that Iraq had one of the highest literacy rate in the Middle East with well appointed schools before the war. That infrastructure was practically destroyed and a generation of disenfranchised children.

Any way, I am detracting from the topic which is to profit or save our hide before the financial market go Topsy-turvy.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-26 23:16 | Report Abuse

Put it this way, fiscal cliff and QE will spell inflation to US. With price of oil shooting up, it will be a massive external shock that could very well lead to global recession. A possibility of Depression is also there as Soros puts it and generally stocks worldwide will plummet. High inflation and low PPP will hit our country hard. Those holding to cash seems to be wisest then and little wonder why all powerful people here are storing up. Be careful of holding worthless pieces of papers (especially penny stock holders) then.

Other wars come and go i understand. But in this particularncase, this war is no good and will act as a trigger or catalyst to a lasting damage to our already high indexed market and other fragile economies worldwide, IMO.

http://m.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/03/the-110-effect-what-higher-gas-prices-could-really-do-to-the-economy/254386/

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-27 17:23 | Report Abuse

Hope the protestors within Israel's circles keep up. Good move Britain. still hoping this is to be averted despite Israeli leaders red line!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/26/us-britain-iran-usa-idUSBRE89P0TZ20121026

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-27 17:30 | Report Abuse

"Fordow - which Tehran only disclosed the existence of in 2009 after learning that Western spy services had detected it - is of particular concern for the United States and its allies as Iran uses it for its higher-grade enrichment."

Source : http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/17/us-nuclear-iran-fordow-idUSBRE89G15S20121017

How do you guys read this?

nicermannson

1,094 posts

Posted by nicermannson > 2012-10-27 17:34 | Report Abuse

forget about britain, now a third rated country. obama gave iran the rights to go nuclear but israel will act even unilaterlly when iran openly declared to wipe out israel and the world kept quiet. now egypt wants to take over jerusalem.

nicermannson

1,094 posts

Posted by nicermannson > 2012-10-27 17:39 | Report Abuse

it concerns the survival of israel and at the last moment knowing that iran would launch a nuclear attack, israel would launch her option samson. one nuclear bomb would wipe 7,000 sq miles of israel and 10 bomb will not wipe out iran being such a big country, bgger than europe.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-10-27 17:50 | Report Abuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_outlying_territories_by_total_area

Iran bigger than Europe? Its bigger no doubt than all European nations with France only 2/3 of its size. Learn something new today. Didn't even know Algeria was so big! Hehe

nicermannson

1,094 posts

Posted by nicermannson > 2012-10-27 18:00 | Report Abuse

sorry, should be bigger than any European nation

Post a Comment
Market Buzz