Posted by System Administrator > 2012-09-01 01:45 | Report Abuse

Dear users, recently there have been an increased number of policy violation cases occurring in this forum. I would like to assure you that we are working on controlling measures to curb this issue. Some of the users who have violated the usage policy of this forum, including posting using several ids and nicknames with the intention to disguise as another user (or disguise as site admin!!), have been banned. You can verify the identify of the user by clicking on the user id of each post or comment. We will continue to add other features to make this forum a better place for fair and healthy discussions among stock traders and investors. We thank those who have sent us emails to report the portal misuse cases, and we appreciate the continuous support from many others who find this portal great and check in on daily basis. As always, you can send us feedback and report on portal misuse to feedback@i3investor.com. Best regards, System Administrator

1 person likes this.

18 comment(s). Last comment by jpleow 2012-09-02 10:30

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-01 01:47 | Report Abuse

thanks Admin. finally, some sense of normalcy (and justice i would say) prevails!

cant wait for some of the security features to be added to avoid confusion to others!

berid

465 posts

Posted by berid > 2012-09-01 01:50 | Report Abuse

good action..

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-01 13:39 | Report Abuse

may i suggest having some local forum admins if the system allows it. This is because some of these uncouth people are still attempting to rile others using the local languages.

if possible, some of the candidates i would like to suggest are:

kcfan - good humble guy, and seems to go about doing his work quietly with a lot of good suggestion
franksoweto - sensible and doesn't give to emotions easily. I much prefer Jack but he also utilizes frank's ID :)
stella teo- we all need a firm lady's touch sometimes. Finally she could relax for God knows what reasons.
Namoyaki - seems to be in every thread, so he is useful. His questions sometimes is awry, but i think he has no malice!

i like gark and tan kian wei too. but their postings are too few and far in between. maybe given time, these two should be considered!

there may be more candidates by others, but i will nominate these four (or six) currently!

jayrc23

185 posts

Posted by jayrc23 > 2012-09-01 14:11 | Report Abuse

KC Loh, suggesting local system admin is fine but there should be check and balance even on those system admins just to make sure that they do not produce their own/personal guidelines for the forums later part of the day.

Also, preferably of mixed race (as we are Malaysian,since you mentioned the use of the local language is in play) :) and not solely based on how frequent they are visiting the site.
Some names that I would suggest would be CP Teh, Mat Cendana, KC Loh (your goodself)and of course the names you have suggested above as well.

jayrc23

185 posts

Posted by jayrc23 > 2012-09-01 14:11 | Report Abuse

KC Loh, suggesting local system admin is fine but there should be check and balance even on those system admins just to make sure that they do not produce their own/personal guidelines for the forums later part of the day.

Also, preferably of mixed race (as we are Malaysian,since you mentioned the use of the local language is in play) :) and not solely based on how frequent they are visiting the site.
Some names that I would suggest would be CP Teh, Mat Cendana, KC Loh (your goodself)and of course the names you have suggested above as well.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-01 15:29 | Report Abuse

sure, the more the merrier. Mat Cendana is alright, but having self-doubts occassionally! always ruing the "what-if" scenarios only! but if a neutral guy, i think i agree MC is good. CP Teh, hmmm.. to some extend, those mixing business and pleasure here as local system admin may not jive with others. But you may see value that i missed. Sorry not meant to offend. Its entirely up to the global system admin!

i will disqualify myself because i am limiting myself to the stocks i like only. and no doubt too, i am a hell-raiser for whatever purpose these rascals and spammers think of me! :) I understand that they wanted me banned or the forum closed on my account, failing which they will not stop their attacks! not bad for a newbie eh? How am i to be an admin then? it will be perceived with a bias view how i "mistreat" them! hehehe

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-01 16:55 | Report Abuse

my mistake. Tan Kian Wei should be up there with the other 4 mentioned! i just saw his number of posts and its a mistake on my part!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-01 23:42 | Report Abuse

the other two, kcfan and namoyaki, are ok. I will also disqualify myself to the reasons above mentioned! :)

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-02 00:27 | Report Abuse

aw KC my good friend,I'm really humble and touch by your suggestion but I'm not in the league of the people that you mentioned :) Not even close - to be precise! Tan Kian wei is right about you. You should be the TOP candidate as you are here often and you're always a very important help to not only newbies but all. I personally have learn a lot from you and look forward to your comments everytime. You have earn a lot of respect judging from the comments by fellow contributors. heck even your 'now gone nemesis' wanted you to be banned. there's also a another person that we might missed - Passerby as his comments are valuable unlike mine which at most time can be categorized as rubbish :)Thanks for the confidence though. I greatly appreciate it but I'm definitely not qualify. One knows one capabilities but if you ask me to be the JAGA at KNM then that I can do - still trying to clear my G^Y thing there :)

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-02 00:35 | Report Abuse

To build a nation or to build a good forum, choose the capable and humble who doesn't think themselves qualified, but everyone sees their strength in their work! in that sense, passerby is also qualified.

i am a rabble-rouser only! that's why Malaysia Inc is sinking since the time of Mahathir!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-09-02 00:36 | Report Abuse

i am now very careful when you use the word "touch" :)

franksoweto

3,425 posts

Posted by franksoweto > 2012-09-02 00:38 | Report Abuse

hehe you cracked me up again!LOL - I make sure nowdays to 2x read before I hit the send button!

Posted by System Administrator > 2012-09-02 01:05 | Report Abuse

Dear all, thanks for your support and suggestion for local admins for the forum in this portal. We welcome this suggestion, and will enable this feature to a number of nominated users based on the user's activity in this portal, and other internal evaluation criteria that we have.

This will of course be on voluntary basis.

We will provide more details on this in the near future, so stay tune!

If you have other nomination or suggestion relating to this, please post it here or send email to feedback@i3investor.com

Best regards,
System Administrator

jester

852 posts

Posted by jester > 2012-09-02 01:27 | Report Abuse

Good Job by System Admin.

kl foong

421 posts

Posted by kl foong > 2012-09-02 08:42 | Report Abuse

System Admin, keep up the good work.

jpleow

247 posts

Posted by jpleow > 2012-09-02 10:30 | Report Abuse

One simple solution to prevent imposters could be to include User ID in a bracket, eg KC Loh (lkc121). No matter how you change your nick name, your user ID stays the same!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz