Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-06 12:15 | Report Abuse

The big word for US investors is relocating! For the next half year, we will see massive US factories heading the exit door from China! And for the next half year, we will get the figure! Whether we see jump in foreign investment or just mild one because it go to our neighbours! Vietnam is the most attractive right now! Thailand is another! Malaysia goes right up there because of the many adavantages! In fact Malaysia has all the advantages! But it all depend on Pakatan government! Are they focus enough or will we see another round of protectionist under Mahathir! Those who experience Mahathir rule will know, this old bugger always act smart but always come short because of his short measured, short sighted and pouring our oil wealth on useless misadventures just to satisfy his pool of cronies and relatives! In the end, we miss out big time while Thailand was laughing all the way! Thailand became Detroit of the east while Malaysia reduce to consuming goods! Because of protectionism of auto industry, we end up back to where we were! Thailand don't have national car but they have home grown parts producers who are thriving and don't need government assitance! In Malaysia, we have suppliers who can't even supply to Proton without affirmation action from government of the day! Sad! And now we are repeating the same mistake! Again we will lose out to Thailand in this new electrification revolution! Here we are again, the opportunity knocks on our door! Perfect timing for Pakatan! Let's see if Pakatan will submit to Mahathir senseless misadventure or finally grow some backbone and tackle this once in the lifetime opportunity with wisdom!

Be the first to like this.

26 comment(s). Last comment by Speedy Boy 2018-10-07 16:11

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-06 12:20 | Report Abuse

didn't you see the bull market in Vitrox, VS, Elsoft, Gtronic already?

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-06 12:22 | Report Abuse

Somebody please knock some sense in Mahathir mind! We don't have to produce own homegrown electric national car! We just bring in investors to set up factories producing electric car parts! The profit margin on parts are way bigger than producing the whole thing! This is what South Korea are doing! They no longer want to produce the whole car, smartphone or electronics! Instead South Korea focus on producing parts! Even Tesla get their lithium batteries from LG! China gets their smartphones parts from Samsung!

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-06 12:23 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Oct 6, 2018 12:20 PM | Report Abuse

didn't you see the bull market in Vitrox, VS, Elsoft, Gtronic already?

Answer : Dude, i am in VS! Bought some EG as well!

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 13:31 | Report Abuse

myr10K levy on foreign workers. who will come into MY again? without foreign workers, industry factory is paralyzed. local chinese also lazy nowadays. spend weekend talk nonsense at this forum. wakaka

Alex™

12,591 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-10-06 13:57 | Report Abuse

Aiya talk only la... My place here still see many indon la, Myanmar la, Pakistan la, Nepal la, banggalah

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-06 13:58 | Report Abuse

Posted by chinaman > Oct 6, 2018 01:31 PM | Report Abuse

myr10K levy on foreign workers. who will come into MY again? without foreign workers, industry factory is paralyzed. local chinese also lazy nowadays. spend weekend talk nonsense at this forum. wakaka

Answer : Sometimes i don't even bother to come out answer!

Posted by Alex™ > Oct 6, 2018 01:57 PM | Report Abuse

Aiya talk only la... My place here still see many indon la, Myanmar la, Pakistan la, Nepal la, banggalah

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 14:00 | Report Abuse

what to do? we chase away all high net worth rich migrants from china, etc. in forest city. we encourage all bangla, indon come in. very good govt ma. wakaka

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-06 14:04 | Report Abuse

Actually, i support 700k chinese China moving to Forest China! We really need 2 million new malaysian chinese citizens!

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 14:09 | Report Abuse

All the rich & talents already fleece overseas. Only left poor salaryman like me staying here with all indon, nepal, bangla. Next 10 years, migrants population will bypass locals. dont know what will happen to new chinese future generations? dont dared to see the future. wakaka

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 14:19 | Report Abuse

We have myr1trillion debts. Look at Norway....see the difference with our great boastful govt.?

Norwegian sovereign state wealth fund, which is the world's largest, has reached the sum of USD 1 trillion.

The news was reported by the Norwegian Central Bank, which controls the capital.

This means that every citizen of the Norwegian population of 5.3 million people is worth almost USD 189,000. "I do not think anyone expected the fund to reach USD 1 trillion when the first transfer of oil revenues was made in May 1996, "Ingwe Slingstad, executive director of Norges Bank's investment department, said in a statement.

Norwegian Savings Fund aims to invest in the state's social system when one day the country's oil is exhausted. The government, which puts all the "black gold" revenue in the fund, can draw on it only the equivalent of the expected return on money, but not the hard capital.

Last year, the government first began to withdraw more money from the fund than investing in it. This was due to the sharp fall in the price of oil.

Norway is the largest oil producer in Western Europe.

The Norwegian State Pension Fund, as its official name, was founded in 1990 and invests primarily in shares (representing 65.1% of its portfolio at the end of the second quarter), but also in real estate and bonds.

With shares in nearly 9,000 companies, the fund owns 1.3% of global market capitalization and 2.3% of Europe's market capitalization.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-06 14:30 | Report Abuse

3 national car means more competition more choices....better for us.

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 14:31 | Report Abuse

When will our nation achieve what Norway done? i guess remain a dream only.Forget and forgive about the new govt. wakaka

ks55_

569 posts

Posted by ks55_ > 2018-10-06 14:48 | Report Abuse

Wait Tun M die/step down first. He is nuisance to every1.

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 15:01 | Report Abuse

At 93 years old, look so tired, fragile but still have to work. So, what do you expect from a Orang tuawho should enjoy life now ma? respect, and pity this orang tua ma. all other cabinet ministers do what then? One day, if i'm at 93 yrs old,mmmm Insya Allah if i still live then. wakaka

hotsteel

67 posts

Posted by hotsteel > 2018-10-06 15:06 | Report Abuse

ks55... you-la niusance. Only know how to say die, Holland... all the shit word.
If Chinese New Year day see you will bad luck throughout the whole year

hotsteel

67 posts

Posted by hotsteel > 2018-10-06 15:08 | Report Abuse

I think you are born inside a coffin

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 15:28 | Report Abuse

Dr M, Anwar should be advisers. Let the young cabinet members prove performance. learn the word trust, delegation in leadership...Boss no need to work like lembu one. wakaka

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 15:32 | Report Abuse

Look at Jack Ma, Alibaba boss. at 55 years old, he give up alibaba, retired, and enjoy life already. Nothing is permanent in life.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-06 15:39 | Report Abuse

why don't like 3 national car?

good idea.

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 15:39 | Report Abuse

i have no enough money but dream to retire early as well. wakaka

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 15:43 | Report Abuse

its a great idea. we can sell potong to 3rd world, like bangla, nepal, indon, ma. got demand one... wakaka

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-06 15:46 | Report Abuse

xiaodingdang > Oct 6, 2018 03:40 PM | Report Abuse

no brainer only will think another burden is good idea...
=============

have not tried, already defeated already.....

luckily Mahathir not like that.

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-06 16:56 | Report Abuse

Proton was very profitable in the beginning because early models were just rebadge from Mitsubishi! Hence supplier can cross sale their parts to mitshubishi! Then Mahathir got too smart for his own good and start completely new models! And those parts are not compatible with japan spec! Then vendors can only sell parts to Proton models! Very silly!

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-06 16:58 | Report Abuse

If Mahathir is truly smart, he just rebadge Nissan Leaf! Then suppliers can also sell those parts all over the world! And rebadge Tesla as well! You have plenty of supporting industry!

chinaman

3,242 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-10-06 18:14 | Report Abuse

speedy boy, thank you for your insight on the fortune of our national car. I like this idea of cross sale of parts to all different car brands...new learning for me today

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-10-07 16:11 | Report Abuse

Xiaodingdang! Dude, everybody knows that! Only the old bugger thinks malaysians are too dummy to know that!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz