Posted by Tobby > 2022-08-06 15:52 | Report Abuse

Reality!

Be the first to like this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by Tobby 2022-08-08 16:27

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-08-06 16:03 | Report Abuse

We have entered GIG economy! Today i didn't use a single cash money when i was out! Everything paid using debit card or through emoney! Even the regular workshop that i send my car to, insist i pay through bank transfer! Reason, it's risky for the workshop boss to go out and bank in customers cash payment! Beside, it save him tons of time!
We also entered the convenient of ordering food and delivered to out doorstep!
Again, you can order food and pay online! Wait for a while, walla, food come to you!
Because of this, ordering food has become new normal! Food delivery has become a new normal! And now, food delivery is no longer a part time job for some! It has become permanent job!
During he 2 years lockdown, many food rider were earning better than those working in office! Some reportedly earned up to 7k! In fact those working in KL regularly hitting that figure even today!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-08-06 16:08 | Report Abuse

That's why over 70% SPM leavers no longer interested in pursuing degree! I mean, why waste 3 to 4 years studying and suffer study loan only to suffer of frustration and disappointment, going from one interview to another, and only to land a job that pays you no different from SPM holders! Sad life right!
While those engage in GIG jobs are earning much much more!

The_JQuestion

1,511 posts

Posted by The_JQuestion > 2022-08-07 00:16 | Report Abuse

now direct manual labour earn a lot of money ... being a mechanic , working in genting , work in cruise , being a hotelier , open chicken rice shop managing fnb/shops also btr
if wanna study btr go for IT/electronic/mechatronic .... finance sector still lucrative altho easily replaced
the old days of mechanical/civil even doctor is laughing stock of cheap poor labour long hours LOW PAY !

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-08-07 15:50 | Report Abuse

JQuestion! Finding good mechanic is hard! 90% out there are junk! Many became mechanics from hands on training! Zero skill based training! That's why it's important to give standard recognition for mechanics! So that when you send you car to workshop, you can ask them to show their certification and pay them what they deserrve!
I have high respect for mechanics, especially those who genuinely good at what they do! That's why our society must change their perception on this professional job! Mechanics are same level of those of accountants, general doctors and so forth!

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-08-07 15:52 | Report Abuse

That's why you keep hearing customers complaint sending their cars to workshop only to get it repaired badly! Because those workshop have low level skilled mechanics! They are not well trained!

emsvsi

3,512 posts

Posted by emsvsi > 2022-08-07 16:44 | Report Abuse

TOBBY PLEASE DONT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO NOT STUDY ! ONLY POLITICIANS WORK TO KEEP THE MASSES DUMB

Sslee

4,571 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2022-08-07 19:04 | Report Abuse

Is a fact our university graduate even fresh engineers are poorly paid.

The question is why Malaysia cannot pay like Singapore pay their university graduate?

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2022-08-07 19:38 | Report Abuse

In Malaysia employees are not appreciated and rewarded with high pay even if you are a professional and well trained. Large portion of the company's profits go to the bosses. This is part of the Malaysian culture maybe.

speakup

25,004 posts

Posted by speakup > 2022-08-08 07:48 | Report Abuse

@sslee
cos our pro bumi policy loh. that dragging malaysia to the abyss

Cslee1215

418 posts

Posted by Cslee1215 > 2022-08-08 09:05 | Report Abuse

Many foreigners now doing repairing job in difft industry like car , construction, computer, steel, furniture, home appliances… malaysian youth only want to be boss, never know that they have to dirty thier hand before becoming a real boss. Skill job is more expensive these day. Youth now are more interested in gaming, social media, GIG industry.

Michael Kwok

6,057 posts

Posted by Michael Kwok > 2022-08-08 10:37 | Report Abuse

Perfoemance related.reach target of course yes.but its danger.i see one malay woman die in ss2 for grab.the bikes bang to a big merz(reverse out of parking).The woman fly.Drop to the road 50 mtr away.Its die.the son cry for 10 min.so loud.i also nearly cry.the events almost an hour.respect the grab driver.fight for customer.please drive safe.not drive for danger.

Tobby

7,397 posts

Posted by Tobby > 2022-08-08 16:27 | Report Abuse

Actually this food delivery thingy solve Mat Rempit culture! Because most of the rempits are too tired working all day long, so no more ime to do daredevil stuff!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz