2 people like this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by pinga 2011-12-02 11:21

roseeu

436 posts

Posted by roseeu > 2011-11-30 19:03 | Report Abuse

Cp, tq for all yr posts, I can see u r extremely busy, do take care of yr health . In later years u will know health is all important, all the best.

cpteh

374 posts

Posted by cpteh > 2011-11-30 20:01 | Report Abuse

thx roseeu ... I will make it a resolution to be fit and healthy ... started Badminton last Sunday and going for my regular jogs with my kids. Hehe. thanks for your careness.

carries

117 posts

Posted by carries > 2011-12-01 11:15 | Report Abuse

I beg to differ on the "learn to sell,rather than buy and hold mentality".
I am still using the passive "buy and hold strategy".

(After a hiatus of 10yrs, i started readjusting the portfolio on 28th July and completed the fine tuning on 5th October. No trades done since that date.)
I have just been watching the market ups and downs but not participating in the madness.

Anyway, now that the market appears to be recovering, my "newly adjusted" portfolio is doing rather well.

The passive "buy and hold strategy" can work for investors but it isn't suitable for traders.

cpteh

374 posts

Posted by cpteh > 2011-12-01 12:19 | Report Abuse

carries, u hv your own unique way. Markets do not work that way. good luck to u.

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-12-01 12:33 | Report Abuse

different people, different strategy, no right or wrong. for those because no time, lack of experience or skill can choose CORRECT stock and buy ON correct price to play long term. Just make sure u treat it as spare money, seldom use it. I think better than bank FD.

cpteh

374 posts

Posted by cpteh > 2011-12-01 12:50 | Report Abuse

yes, those buy-n-hold should go for divend and defensive stocks like bjtoto. it wont lose u money(and sleep) at 4.10. with knowledge, you could certainly do better than buy-n-hold. yup, agree ... different people, different mentality. Bottom line, dont lose money. no need to say right or wrong.

Posted by mike128cky > 2011-12-01 12:57 | Report Abuse

TSH is going to ex bonus on 2/12. Should we buy ex or cum bonus in this current mkt situation. Thanks

ganasai

1,671 posts

Posted by ganasai > 2011-12-01 14:10 | Report Abuse

buy because of bonus? price now not low leh. after ex, drop a lot then how? justify yourself. u should study more on TA (rsi now), company recent finance, and overall plantation market now. current mkt believe will maintain a certain period. but definitely Europe debt problem still there, how soon come back, dont know.

Peter Lee

347 posts

Posted by Peter Lee > 2011-12-01 14:55 | Report Abuse

talk only actual market dont move this way lo,tq

cpteh

374 posts

Posted by cpteh > 2011-12-02 09:46 | Report Abuse

i m meeting those consultants, some dealers and investors. These giving me opportunities to move into trading-investing line full-time and I could focus in what I am doing best. thx for your concern.

pinga

3 posts

Posted by pinga > 2011-12-02 11:21 | Report Abuse

Yes I quite agree with Carries.I started to actually do a bit of homework the stocks that I was going to buy.Bought and hold until price exceed fundamental and then sell. And I am in the possitive even in bad times.I wonder whether your e-learning will of held to me. I am interested CP.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz