3 people like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by gijoe 2012-08-19 11:32

CP TEH

374 posts

Posted by CP TEH > 2012-08-18 12:47 | Report Abuse

Hi Kian Wei

It depends on individual risk appetite, time frame and trading plan.

One may want to go for strong uptrending stocks such as Padini and many more. One may like to punt into pure speculative stocks for short thrills. Another person may be using dollar-averaging and collecting good counters when the counter in correction mode, such as the two G. Check out GentingS.

There is not right and wrong, some wont touch call-warrants ... some dont even know what warrants are. Some will buy due to so-called tips places in forums while other do lots of personal homework, yet did not profit well. Some of us may be total out of markets by now as KLCI reaching new high, while another larger group will rush into current markets, confident that it will be 1670 or even predicted 1700?

I do not belong to any of the group, as I do not believe in pure FA, I do not believe in pure TA ... I do not believe in noises(but it is a good indicator I am using too. haha).

I am learning ... I am in the learning group, and I m going to learn how to trade those 'dividend' stocks, those with right-issues, those syndicated counters etc etc ... and currently I am learning to trade FKLI. Well, surely I will trade FCPO too. Then, I want to learn to trade STI or HSI index, learning to trade ETF(GLD, SLV, 2840.hk ... etc etc) ...

Those are my plans. So, being the REAL trader, I will need more years to learn ... and I have to be patient to learn.

If one could not even handle a simple Genting to trade, what are they talking about Permaju or call-warrants? I can't understand how their brains work, but I m surely know how my brain work ... it logical manner.

It is very difficult to trade. Newbies and novices stand no chance in longer time frame.

Thanks for giving me a chance to explain myself and sharing some words and my plans. Believe me, majority DO NOT want to learn and will get badly burnt. Too bad ... that is how market works.

TEH

TGTG

15 posts

Posted by TGTG > 2012-08-18 12:57 | Report Abuse

it's logic, interesting.

Posted by alexmichael > 2012-08-18 15:41 | Report Abuse

I respect n honour ur logical arguments investments in Bursa. In my opinion many retail players lost money cos most of them got carried away by listening to all kinds of goodies goodies news in d broking firms. M a full time pensioner n invest in bursa purely on fundamentals. I must admit bluntly its now easy to make money in Bursa. Nevertheless, u can try to outperform returns fr. Bursa than banks if u hv a simple trading system. Lastly, don't let emotions overcome u in Bursa. Once ur profit margin is achieved run for life.

Posted by Weng Fai Yik > 2012-08-18 22:55 | Report Abuse

Hi CPTeh, Selamat Hari Raya! How is your FKLI doing? It is disconcerting to see KLCI index going up up and up when the economy outlook is not so bright. I'm just waiting for my sell signal, then will cover long and go short.

Posted by Weng Fai Yik > 2012-08-18 22:58 | Report Abuse

Oh yea I'm unable to find CPO data in Chartnexus. Sifu CPTeh do you know of any alternative TA program with CPO data?

gijoe

37 posts

Posted by gijoe > 2012-08-19 11:32 | Report Abuse

Start with reality, give it a thought then come back to reality. Don't think too hard, think smart.  Can play efficient with more efficient players ?  They are smarter than us.

Beside monkey story, heard of the fisherman story ? Cast a net, let the small fish swim through and catch the big fish. 

Selamat Hari Raya to all.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz