Be the first to like this.

118 comment(s). Last comment by AlbertLim 2012-12-15 00:21

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-11 18:00 | Report Abuse

dey datuk, papar is in Sabah la! wahahaha.....

where you missing last few weeks?

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-11 18:04 | Report Abuse

I just returned from China ....supposed to Japan but last minute my mom had decided .....datin and myself have to follow her...so no more visit the kingdom of ladies this time around....really.....kikikiki

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-11 18:07 | Report Abuse

now i know who rules the roost in your home! the Emperess Dowager! hahahaha...

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-11 18:11 | Report Abuse

I accept yr comment....that's fact......and i'm proud of it....and i'm grateful becos inherited part of her grate value in life....i will not be what i'm today without my 2Ls at homes....

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-11 18:19 | Report Abuse

haha... good to hear that! many take them for granted already!

Posted by bursabulltrader > 2012-12-11 19:59 | Report Abuse

Datuk: Double Thumbs up for your below comments:

>>>**************************************************

Posted by datuk > Dec 11, 2012 05:33 PM | Report Abuse

1)Making and losing momey in stock market is part and parcel of my investing experience. As the old saying goes "no pains no gains" was the ultimate truth in equity investment provided i'm be able to profiting from my experience!

2) Knowledge and report research are crucial but without the elements of core competency (insider/industry information) and luck .....you wouldn't be able to reap superior profit in equity investment.

3) The quality of your character and inner mind are far more important than item 2 mentioned above.

4) Trying to time the market is the ultimate losing money formula in equity market when the inevitable bear and pundit rear it ugly face.

5) Quick gains in investing is not sustainable; virtually detrimental to your investing life

>>>**************************************************

I would like to top up point 2) Use TA to reap better profit.... :-)

The case 1), 3) & 5) It really happen to me. I earn my 1st 200k in 2009 (after fighting for 3yrs using 23K) and due to my bad trading habit and emotion failure in 2010 I met with financial setback. So in 2011 I was totally kickout from the market! After stay low for a year ...hahahaha.. I reload myself as newbie in 2012 and now I strive to beat up the market again! :-) Cheersss...

A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Posted by Matsaham Mashuk > 2012-12-11 20:27 | Report Abuse

Mmm..good advices and recommendations from datuk and sifus.we learn a lot here.remember follow trend and not ppl.cash is king.smile--)

Posted by khorlh9909 > 2012-12-12 11:06 | Report Abuse

Hello sifus , gurus and datuk out there,,,,
From personal experience trading on speculative stock is fun and very exciting .Just dont want to stop .
Seriously my profit over each of last 10 years are from blue chips counters .
I would have perform 30% better had not the trading stock pull down my ytd prifits ,,,,

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-12 13:01 | Report Abuse

At youtube, search for Rusell Peters - beating your kids. good video.

His father say to him "somebody going to get hurt", rusell know is him but why is his father still give him hope saying "somebody"

See how asian teach their kids.

lunch..

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-12-12 13:24 | Report Abuse

Enjoy yr lunch shirley1

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-13 09:28 | Report Abuse

I could sum up the following principles in equity investment derived from my 25 yearss of experinece in Malaysia stock exchange:

1)If the company cannot generates consistent profit from its business,
virtually the company cannot making money for the investors in the
long run. Hence, the option for investing is rather easy and self
explanatory. You shopping lists shall exclude non profitable
companies. Remember the Buffet saying.....rule 1...never lose your
money.....and rule 2 .....never forget rule 1.

2)Trying to time the market for shortterm capital gain is tantamount
to the action of going to Genting and bet against the banker;the
ultimate outcome is inevitable - loser ! You can win today, tomorrow
and the day after..... but the odds against you as the period
prolong...eventually you will end up as a real loser! So, never
never indulge in this sure losing game if you are mind is not goal
driven and your heart is not iron made.

3) Price movement and profitability of the company must be in the same
direction ultimately. You should not come to Bursa If you can't
understand this statement. This is the curcial pillar of successful
investing, the underpinning of your investing framework. Any
mismatching between the two.....should enable you to trigger your
shopping list...

4) Your ability to comprehend the profitability equation of the
business of the company you are eyeing and your ability to
anticipate the its upciming trend....will leads you to
superior profit in equity investment. This skill....buffet and
other gurus term as industry core competency, insider connection
etc.....

5) If you have sharpen yr skills in item 4.....you chance to marrying the superior company (without divorce) is getting closer and sure comes ultimately....

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-14 07:44 | Report Abuse

Datuk, you are not a trader, guess you got money ppl one haha.. anyway thanks for sharing.

let continue to talk a bit of nonsense... is human cruel ?

When I was working in Manila, me and my friend use to walk back to hotel, on the way we will see a father with his daughter (think around 4 years old), think they don't have home and hang around that area, me and my friend will normally pass some coins to them, got around 40 peso. Frankly speaking, we did not pity the father (look like can work type), but human is still human, we pity his daughter, do not know whether she have eaten dinner..

Cuz of work, me and my friend hav been to many countries, we do see some kids pee or shit in public in certain country. But if I ask my kid to pee or shit at longkang beside the street in public, my kid will insist "NO" and find him a toilet. Guess it is how we are educated and depend on the country culture, maybe no right or wrong.

So are we emo and are we human... haha

to be continued....

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-14 10:38 | Report Abuse

Without the dollor and cents....human being is very easy entangled with the issue of security and self-worth. Hence,the phenomena outlined by you is inevitable.

When you comes to bursa, it's better equipped yourself with the big dreams....he he he

davesingh

2,088 posts

Posted by davesingh > 2012-12-14 10:56 | Report Abuse

datuk..totally agree with you datuk.. you are wiseman indeed...share more info with us.. if you have any list of stocks you like, please share... thanks datuk..

karennng

11 posts

Posted by karennng > 2012-12-14 11:14 | Report Abuse

No,human is not cruel. Generally, humans are self-centered lot & selfish, and the end result leads to cruelty (to a certain extent). The consolation is, we have both the good and bad side of us. Is how one chooses to be in his or her enviornment. Human makes choices with a free will. That's how we are created.

tptan45

388 posts

Posted by tptan45 > 2012-12-14 11:21 | Report Abuse

If you gain in the market and you believe it is due to your good luck, then I think you are / will be in trouble.
I only invested in 3 counters, with gains between 10 to 100%. All investments were made with common sense and observations.
Luck it is not. Intelligence it is not.
Just common sense.

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-14 18:57 | Report Abuse

Karenng, you are kind and good heart person :)

We may not know each other even we live in real world with diff culture and diff thinking, not to say cyberspace la. So what is real ? Does uncle teacher mean some fake in real world is real ? Let face the real world and not always living in the past.

Seriously, it is good to dream big but not talk big, I still don't believe lor he is willing to help newbies without fees, recruiting students say recruiting la why long story ? what is there to be shame off !!

Sorry huh, I'm jus barking... If we wish to learn to see things objectively, normally we look for some facts, guess this is one of the way we control our emo :)

AlbertLim

281 posts

Posted by AlbertLim > 2012-12-15 00:21 | Report Abuse

yes Shirley... we are dogs that barks according to Mr. Teh.
All this show is only to attract students/readers to join his group. Maybe Ms Karen is one of them. Which is good for her if she thinks Mr.Teh is good enough to teach her. If ever I want to learn I'll go for someone who had years & years in market. Someone who is fulltime trader/remisier/dealer. Not a maths teacher who does this trading to kill his boredom.
Out of curiosity, if one really want to help newbie, why must charge? You already say 'help'.... hahaha... maybe i am living under a stone all this while..Help means pay me to help you... You stop paying then he stop 'helping" you... this is how he works I think.
Dont lose money motto is all gimmick to attract readers/newbie... Do you really need someone to tell you the following:-
1. Buy low sell high
2. Have a trading plan
3.Cut loss if breaks support/ sell at resistance
4. Let the profit runs
5.How to read charts.
6. Avoid call warrant/ penny stocks if you are newbie
All this info, you can read from books. Its all more cheaper. I did that way. Never had a so call sifu or teacher. But now I have many2 trader friends.
Anyway, good luck to those who are in his group or planning to join his group.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz