3 people like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by CityTrader 2013-05-19 14:08

carries

117 posts

Posted by carries > 2013-05-16 19:05 | Report Abuse

Economists all around the world disagree on what Governments should do in these trying times.

In America, the Government has chosen QE (quantitative easing).

In Europe they have chosen Austerity (although now, i think they are now considering changing tactics and are looking into stimulating the economies as well).

In the UK, they also chose Austerity and sacrificed growth numbers as a result.

In Japan, everyone is talking about "Abenomics" and they have also chosen QE to stimulate the economy.

Who is right and who is wrong?
No one really knows for sure, and only history will give us the answer.

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2013-05-16 21:56 | Report Abuse

each of these measures have their own side effects, the key point is maintain balance

Posted by Frank Leong > 2013-05-17 09:51 | Report Abuse

"the cause of the problem was the 4th PM" who is believed to still have an influential hand in the country's economic policy making. "we are importing low-skilled, low-wage foreign workers." we have not emphasized on productivity, efficiency and competitiveness. that's very worrying indeed.

nazriusj

13 posts

Posted by nazriusj > 2013-05-17 09:57 | Report Abuse

It is time to consider migrating/retire overseas. I liken Bandung.

iafx

4,632 posts

Posted by iafx > 2013-05-17 10:03 | Report Abuse

frankly, if there is no demand, these f.workers won't keep coming. who's demanding these workers? "productivity, efficiency and competitiveness" is always a top down thing, funny is these top mgmt always like it bottom-up... hahahahaa

AlbertLim

281 posts

Posted by AlbertLim > 2013-05-19 14:03 | Report Abuse

Mr Teh, Fuck you !!!.... if you are not happy, resign from taylor college & migrate to china or taiwan or honking.... you got no pride la.....

CityTrader

8,151 posts

Posted by CityTrader > 2013-05-19 14:08 | Report Abuse

I will consider to buy an island n bring in alot of girls, stay away from the noisy places. Hehe.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz