15 people like this.

23 comment(s). Last comment by nsk82 2014-05-15 18:25

Posted by thundercat > 2014-02-14 18:53 | Report Abuse

To me, the 3 reasons that drive me to consider migrating out of Malaysia are:

1. High corruption level in the government and GLCs. This is causing high wastage in many gov projects in exchange for the benefits of a small group related parties or families.

2. Quota system that lowers the standards and competitiveness - in both education and SMEs. That's why nowadays you can't find any great or even moderate innovations to start from local universities or private sector (SMEs) from Malaysia.

3. Technology and globalization is bringing the world closer as we and our next generations will need to compete against the world. If we continue to hold back on progress due to (1) and (2) above, one day our country will fall further back in the force of globalization. It will get worse when our natural resources begin to run out.

Globalization is making race a less important factor. You can see in the US, the most successful or innovative companies are founded or run by people of various races. So if the government continue to practice policies that favor a specific race or group (that usually benefit a small group or related parties), then majority of the people of that country will have to pay the price and fall behind in the world.

Posted by Fat Cat Tim Buddy > 2014-02-14 21:10 | Report Abuse

to cripple a man leg, all you have to do is give the man a hand stick... kikiki...

newboy

745 posts

Posted by newboy > 2014-02-14 23:41 | Report Abuse

Fat Cat Tim Buddy. i like ur statement!!

pilindo

867 posts

Posted by pilindo > 2014-02-15 02:12 | Report Abuse

I think more discrimination in another country like aus, arab country, europe. In Malaysia you have public holiday for CNY, Depavali, Hari raya, and Christmas. In Aus, Britain etc?

Do you think developed country like Aus, Singapore, Dubai, have good innovation? I think no. All their technology is from Europe country, China, Japan, America.

Im not Malay. I cannot buy Bumi lot land in Malaysia. I have been working in Aus for 2years in Offshore industry. I can get AUD 90k per annum. I can save money Rm100k per annum. But, I never think Aus is better than Malaysia. I confident i can build good business and become contractor in 2 more years in Malaysia but not Aus. Because people here also discriminate asian people and difficult for you to build your own business here.

How many Chinese, Indian tycoon in Aus, and Europe? I think you can calculate with your finger.

What I can say, Malaysia is young country. Many things we still need to learn. Politics in Malaysia is bad. Hopefully we can improve in next 5 years. But dont think Malaysia is bad place for Indian,Chinese Malaysia. I think you have many opportunity in Malaysia.

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2014-02-15 02:39 | Report Abuse

Anwar to MCA: Don't be slaves to Umno

http://www.kinitv.com/video/3939O8

Posted by Eric Lee > 2014-02-15 10:58 | Report Abuse

Agree that the Ketuanan Melayu and Islamisation are the 2 main factors driving the migration. Other factors are
1. Corruption in high places involving " people of
substance" which were brought to light in public media
in and outside Malaysia remained free and continued to
hold top/key positions.
2. Racial polarisation getting worse after GE13 with the
PM's remark "Chinese Sunami" . The " Movement for
Moderation" image projected outside Malaysia is not
in sync....
3. Islamisation getting more momentum as can be seem from
the " Allah" issue, Jais seizure of the Malay/Native
language bibles, even the Agong also weigh in ....
Malaysia is a secular country ???
4. Ketuanan Melayu already thriving and getting stronger
day by day. Take a look at various economic sectors,
Plantations, Banking, Properties, Automotive, Transport,
Power generation, Oil & Gas, Construction, water
works, healthcare etc etc... Not to mention
traditionally political powers, police and military,
public schools and universities, government
administrations ......
This phenomenon can only get stronger day by day after
56years of Independence.
Can all these be changed in the next 5 years ??
5. Fairness and Justice are eroding fast. Look at the
way the Malay Islamic NGOs slaughtering chickens,
smearing blood and warned that May 13, 1969 may
recur. If such actions and words were to be uttered by
a non Malay, what do you think will happened ??

Malaysian is a good place for all. Malaysia can be a better,
much better place if the leaders have the courage to
1. Act against corruptions
2. Put Unity among Rakyat as the top priority.
3. Confirm to the world that Malaysia is a secular
country where Islam is the major religion.
4. Its time to be "inclusive". Capitalise on the talent
of all racial groups.
5. Implement Fairness, Justice and Equality to all Rakyat.

FAT HOPES, maybe now or maybe not in 100years......

mat_19

5 posts

Posted by mat_19 > 2014-02-15 14:17 | Report Abuse

Malaysia is indeed a great country to live and die in, and it is undoubtedly my home.
But if the nation as a whole (politicians, citizens likewise) continues to embrace the current culture then for me all hope is lost. Racism, corruption, religion fanaticism would definitely make starting over again sound much better. I really do hope that one day Malaysia will make me proud and not because of the food or sporting achievements.

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2014-02-15 14:49 | Report Abuse

Kajang by-Election – UMNO’s Grand Plan Backfires?

http://www.financetwitter.com/2014/02/kajang-by-election-umnos-grand-plan-backfires.html

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2014-02-15 14:58 | Report Abuse

Focusing on rising costs, Anwar slams tycoon Syed Mokhtar

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/focusing-on-rising-costs-anwar-slams-tycoon-syed-mokhtar

Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim ratcheted up his Kajang by-election campaign last night, focusing on rising living costs and attacking tycoon Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary and his sugar monopoly.

Putrajaya has eliminated the sugar subsidy, increasing prices by 34 sen a kilo but most consumers complain more about fuel subsidy cuts that have seen pump prices and electricity rates go up.

“The price of sugar increased because it is monopolised by Syed Mokhtar. I am against Umno, BN, including the big names in the party,” said Anwar in front of about 300 residents in Taman Impian Murni.

The sugar industry is currently monopolised by Central Sugar Refinery, owned by Syed Mokhtar’s Tradewinds, and plantation giant Felda Global Venture's Malaysian Sugar Manufacturing.

“Syed Mokhtar is worth billions of ringgit. I do not hate him. I have nothing personal against him but I do not like the fact that sugar is monopolised by one person and because of that, the people have to pay,” he said.

The Permatang Pauh MP admitted that not all prices could be controlled by the government.

“What is our problem here in Kajang? It is economic problem, rising cost of living… I admit that a government cannot control all, but petrol and sugar prices should not be increased.”

He also said he would not launch personal attacks against any leaders or individuals in this by-election campaign.

"Yes, I want to win but not by insulting others. I will explain about what I will do, what we will do (for the people)," said Anwar.

The government reduced subsidies as part of its measures to cut the fiscal deficit after receiving a rating downgrade by Fitch Ratings last July. It also planned to implement the goods and services tax (GST) by April 2015. – February 15, 2014.
Share with Others

pilindo

867 posts

Posted by pilindo > 2014-02-15 15:03 | Report Abuse

Muslim Country
If you live in Brunei, you cant get any bar or pub there. You have to go Labuan or Miri.But non muslim in Brunei have to accept the rule. That is muslim world.

Non Muslim Country
In Singapore, You can go to Gelang and you get Sex service LEGALLY. That things is prohibited in muslim world. How many muslim in singapore? They are one of the biggest population in Singapore. But Muslim there have to accept it.

In Singapore, my singaporean friend told me that in church, they dont allow their people to use Allah for Name of their God.

In Beijing Olympic 2008, China dont allow athlete from around the world to bring bible..

My opinion, no country in this world can satisfy every religion. I think Malaysia is not bad.

About ALLAH issue, some leader agree that ALLAH can be used by Christian and Jew. the problem is only with BN.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-15 15:11 | Report Abuse

Seminar at 11am tomorrow Sunday at Ipoh St John Ambulance Hall. You are invited to attend my talk on share investment. Write to me koonyewyin@gmail.com.

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2014-02-15 15:18 | Report Abuse

Way to go uncle Koon!! St John Ambulance hall also can....would be handy if got to much excitement for investors.....smart move lol

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2014-02-15 15:32 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon is and will always be a historical figure amongst Malaysian Chinese community whether they know it or not. MCA USE TO HAVE A DIRECTION and BALLs.....When Tar college was setup with intent to help the Chinese community and subsequent leaders in MCA became more and more for themselves and then came uncle Koon and his scholarship.......
Understood, he can't help everyone but the deserving ones need to be address if the govt can't.

Credit where it should be..... We need notable ppl like Tan Siew Sin.....even Koon Suan.....but some names cannot be mention even if they contributed.

Posted by camrybenz88 > 2014-02-16 18:25 | Report Abuse

PAS leaders criticize Utusan’s attack on non-Malays

KUALA LUMPUR: The attack by Utusan Malaysia today against non-Malays smacks of an Umno agenda, said PAS leaders who criticised the article written by Mingguan Malaysia’s deputy editor Azman Anuar.

PAS leaders criticize Utusan’s attack on non-MalaysPAS central committee member Khalid Samad (pic) said Utusan was representing Umno and not the general Malay population when they launched an attack against non-Malays in the article.

Mingguan Malaysia is the Sunday edition of Utusan Malaysia.

In the latest series of attack, Utusan had accused non-Malays of insulting Islam, Muslims and the Malay rulers and warned them to observe their “limits”.

“What they are doing will only fuel more hatred against Umno and Barisan Nasional. The Malays in general are not going to be affected,” said Khalid.

The Shah Alam MP described the threat issued by Utusan Malaysia as irresponsible and inaccurate, backed by a hidden agenda.

“Put out the truth… Where was the insult? Who has been insulted? Even in Teresa Kok’s satire Chinese New Year greeting, she has explained it all. There was no insult hurled at the Malays,” said Khalid.

He said Umno does not represent all the Malays. In fact, he said, Pakatan Rakyat has been gaining strength and support from the largest race in the country.

“We don’t solve political differences with high-handed tactics like this. Umno should know that people are rejecting the party. Utusan Malaysia should retract the article,” said Khalid.

He said Umno was out of ideas and decided to engage in racial politics after its popularity among non-Muslims and Muslims declined.

PAS says toll collection should end when companies recover costs and make profitMeanwhile, PAS Research Centre executive director Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad said nothing can be gained by using the “language of war”.

“The Malays should stop being paranoid and stop thinking that they are under attack.

“They form the largest race in the country, Islam is the official religion and Malay rights are enshrined in the Federal Constitution. So, stop having a besieged mentality,” said Dzulkefly.

He said Utusan’s article and the rhetorics by some Malay non-governmental organisations of late are not helpful in developing a better Malaysia.

“If they are under the impression that they are doing good for their ethnic group, they can be assured that they are actually doing a great disservice to both Malays and Islam,” said Dzulkefly.

“Imagine that you are the one at the receiving end. How would you feel? So be careful with the words you use. Why use violence to show your dissatisfaction?”

He pointed out that although there had always been a racial and religious divide, the situation had worsened of late.

“I believe political leaders, religious authorities, the media – mainstream and alternative – should be able to converse and have a national dialogue to enhance understanding and not aggravate an already divisive situation,” he said.

He said there is always a place and time to voice out dissatisfaction and opinions.

“It is time for all of us to unlearn and relearn for the larger interest of the nation. It is time after five decades of our independence to engage in a national dialogue,” said Dzulkefly.

On Teresa Kok’s Chinese New Year video, Dzulkefly said the group which offered a reward to those who slapped Kok have instead counter the video with another satire.

“If you don’t like it, make another video to challenge Kok’s.”

Chairman of PAS National Unity Bureau Dr Mujahid Yusof Rawa also chided Utusan Malaysia for its article.

He said the article was uncalled for.

He said this showed that Utusan was being used by certain parties to “launch” its personal agenda by attacking non-Malays.

“They should stop inciting hatred. They should instead talk about peace and respect,” said Mujahid.

In his article, Azman had said that the “laidback, compromising” attitude of the Malays had led to non-Malays overstepping their boundaries and daring to question previously off-limit subjects.

“Non-Malays have apparently forgotten that Malaysia’s majority population is Malays. They have no respect at all for the Bumiputera. Why has this happened? It is because we are too compromising, too afraid to take action against those who have insulted Malays and Islam.

“In the end, it appears as if non-Malays are the landlords and Malays are the tenants, immigrants and the minority in our own country,” Azman wrote in his article entitled “Melayu, Islam dihina di Tanah Melayu!”.

“Ever since respected and knowledgeable Malay leaders withdrew several years ago, non-Muslims have become emboldened in insulting the Malay community and Islam,” he said, without naming the Malay leaders.

He said non-Malays appeared to have forgotten tha

Posted by Jemt Hwa > 2014-02-16 20:51 | Report Abuse

As a fresh grads, I'm planning to find jobs at Australia by using student visa when end of this year. My purpose is to gain more money to invest in Malaysia. Is it a good idea by doing that, Mr Koon? I need capital for my investment.Hope that I can get opinion from you. :)

Posted by camrybenz88 > 2014-02-17 02:54 |

Post removed.Why?

UpDown

63 posts

Posted by UpDown > 2014-02-17 15:42 | Report Abuse

UBAH!

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2014-02-17 19:06 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by whizzkid125 > 2014-02-18 01:44 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by UMNOSHIT > 2014-02-18 05:02 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by rubberneck3 > 2014-02-19 11:29 | Report Abuse

Main two Reasons for leaving this country:
1. Security - more than half of my family and friends, including me, have experienced robberies and snatch-theft. None have pleasant experience with the police when reporting their cases. None have assurance from the police that they will do their best to catch the culprits.

2. Education -
School - Friends working as school teachers have complained about the endless paper work they have to do. Planning efficient lesson is becoming difficult with the mountain of reports that are irrelevant to student learning process. If teachers can't concentrate in teaching, how can I expect my children to grasp what they learn in school? On top of that, we're aware how 'impressive' our education system is heading each year.

University - Needless to say, we're equally aware of our universities in world ranking. As a product of a local university, I'm only thankful to come across a handful of good and friendly lecturers. Apart from that, the attitude of most administration staff are appalling. My worst experience with them is their indifference when they failed to give proper instructions. They are hardly apologetic and they are REALLY good in telling one to be 'patient'. To make the reputation even worse is their impassiveness toward international students, who are vital financial contributors of the university.

nsk82

196 posts

Posted by nsk82 > 2014-05-15 18:25 | Report Abuse

interesting article to read from penang monthly

http://penangmonthly.com/migrate-for-what/

Post a Comment
Market Buzz