7 people like this.

58 comment(s). Last comment by kangkongkong 2014-02-23 13:55

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-02-18 19:44 | Report Abuse

MAS just announced 4Q2013 loss of RM375mil, making FY2013 loss of 'only' RM1168mil. The record losses of RM1262 mil 2005 and RM2521 mil for 2010 remain intact. Now, is that an improvement or what?

BuLLRam

1,104 posts

Posted by BuLLRam > 2014-02-18 20:22 | Report Abuse

alas, looks like time to change the useless mgtm agn, n agn, get a real CEO who got balls to handle the MAS union..election over alrdy, probably another capital injection required soon fr PNB? Petronas? alrdy bleed coffers of EPF, Khazanah..

Posted by cvnicholas > 2014-02-18 20:29 | Report Abuse

trim the management, 1 good CEO and then managers only. c how will be saved from salaries and allowances
then focus on expenses, I know union is strong willed, however govt must be firm.
another 1billion down the drain, divided by maybe 6 million families in Malaysia all these wasted funds, rakyat will not have to suffer

prc4wifefe

3,564 posts

Posted by prc4wifefe > 2014-02-18 21:07 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon....why don't u try Sumatec?

obk4695

26 posts

Posted by obk4695 > 2014-02-18 21:17 | Report Abuse

Malaysian gov is good at bailing out SICK co. because its not their money.

BengKoon

23 posts

Posted by BengKoon > 2014-02-18 21:41 | Report Abuse

Wise move, Mr. Koon :)

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-18 21:50 | Report Abuse

I think u still need an airline . But the mgmt responsible for the losses must be fired and replaced .
To further improve the airline , they need to look at their competitors ..
No bonus shld be given to the underperform CEO and directors ..
Union also need to be realistic and try to work for better of all ..
If all else fail then can declare bankruptcy and sell the airline to local investor who can better manage the airline while maintaining 1 golden share..
I think Mas can improved but need to implement drastic measures to reduce cost and routes which not profitable

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-18 22:24 | Report Abuse

They need to run Mas like a real business instead of a charity home
They can keep pumping money into a loss making co OR they can restructure and remove all the fats
For example Recently Digi ex CEO join maxis and immediately he remove those ppl in mgmt but can't perform
I think similar thing needs to be done to Mas
The whole mgmt team shld be fired

speakup

25,082 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-02-18 22:29 | Report Abuse

to fix MAS, first thing they need to do is cut their bloated workforce.

speakup

25,082 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-02-18 22:33 | Report Abuse

maybe govt should just shut down MAS, and let Air Asia be the official malaysian airline.

Posted by Samtuckfatt > 2014-02-18 22:39 | Report Abuse

Mas just like proton, alot of thing that outsource to cronies/ contractor eg like meals ...nasi lemak (telanjang) which cost are sky rocket high, no one dare to cut thier water paip .

speakup

25,082 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-02-18 22:49 | Report Abuse

our govt talk about need to cut subsidies to improve the economy. but it is wasting our tax money on supporting MAS. our tax money could be better spend directly on the rakyat

Posted by UMNO2Kangkong > 2014-02-19 01:28 | Report Abuse

Malaysian airlines is the only airlines in the world who can afford to lose money yearly and still smiles.They lose $1.2 billion in 2013!
http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/254749

uamirah

72 posts

Posted by uamirah > 2014-02-19 02:57 | Report Abuse

Malaysia memang boleh....govt boleh...BN boleh...menteri menteri semuanya pun BOLEH ...

Posted by UMNO2Kangkong > 2014-02-19 04:13 | Report Abuse

Anwar Ibrahim: Malaysia Airlines vs Singapore Airlines

http://mediarakyat.net/2014/02/19/anwar-ibrahim-malaysia-airlines-vs-singapore-airlines/

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-19 04:42 | Report Abuse

Thank you UMNO2KangKong for Anwar's speech on MAS vs SIA. All Taxpayers must click the above link and listen to Anwar's speech. I think I should consider sending my article to be published by other media.

By the way, Anwar's deputy Dr Lee Boon Chye will fetch me to talk in the Kajang by election next month and I need your support. Please optimus7 don't ridicule me when I talk in Kajang.

speakup

25,082 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-02-19 07:39 | Report Abuse

i hate it when BN say no more money for subsidies but can still waste our hard-earned tax money on sustaining MAS.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2014-02-19 09:03 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon ? what are the date(s)you are in Kajang

mictkp

108 posts

Posted by mictkp > 2014-02-19 09:09 | Report Abuse

haha..corruption as usual. if the passenger rate above 80% do you think the airline will lose money?

talkking

167 posts

Posted by talkking > 2014-02-19 09:13 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, what is your thought on Khoo Kay Peng and MUI Berhad future? You personally know Khoo Kay Peng?

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2014-02-19 09:14 | Report Abuse

Would 'optimus7' dare show his face and publicly voice his ridiculous views in Kajang when Mr Koon speaks, presumably at a PKR ceramah? I doubt it. But if he does, please give him the stage for a few minutes to have his say. Hope he does not wet his pants having to speak in front of a possibly hostile crowd.

plumberii

21 posts

Posted by plumberii > 2014-02-19 09:31 | Report Abuse

I have an interest in getting MAS about a year or two ago. But after some study, decided not to. Main support foundation is govt's $$$ (i.e. tax payers' money). As it is, it will not do well continuously, maybe a year or 2 with some profits and far in between.

Mr Koon, appreciate your view on what is the MAIN MAS problem as to why it is not making profit (govt's interference in its operation, the direction from the mgt, staff?). If it is privatised, will it have a better chance of making a profit and why?

Thanks.

qj1512

29 posts

Posted by qj1512 > 2014-02-19 11:31 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon, please post the date n time you come to Kajang for Anwar Ibrahim campaine. I wish to make myself avilable. thanks.

Posted by UMNO2Kangkong > 2014-02-19 12:05 |

Post removed.Why?

iTrader

38 posts

Posted by iTrader > 2014-02-19 12:13 | Report Abuse

If SIA can, why can't MAS? There must be some underlying root causes need to be addressed SERIOUSLY by the Management and Government with strong WILL. Otherwise, it remains only as talk and talk for many years to come. BAILOUT must not be taken lightly for rescuing companies without solid plan & results.

boy2men

47 posts

Posted by boy2men > 2014-02-19 12:34 | Report Abuse

making losses ... somemore want to buy 100 new planes

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-19 14:42 | Report Abuse

I seriously think khazanah nasional shld either have all the management fired and install Tony Fernandez as new CEO .
Or cutloss on MAS before the share really become "khazanah"..

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2014-02-19 15:16 | Report Abuse

MAS is run by a bunch of UNMO malay cronies lah

Posted by Ammar Roshidy > 2014-02-19 20:27 | Report Abuse

It will pull through, you just need to time yourself when to purchase and when to throw and run. All the new purchases of airlines will payoff later on.

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-19 21:46 | Report Abuse

But since khazanah is main shareholder , I don't think the share price will drop a lot
At most khazanah take it private and restructure it into few companies and sell it piece by piece

Posted by UMNO2Kangkong > 2014-02-20 02:38 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by kangkong2UMNO > 2014-02-20 03:03 | Report Abuse

Mahathir says Islam is under threat but ....
he forgot his son is selling San Miguel Beer.

Josie

10 posts

Posted by Josie > 2014-02-20 03:42 | Report Abuse

Mas rocks!

Posted by kangkong2UMNO > 2014-02-20 05:16 | Report Abuse

Mahathir says Islam is under threat but ....
he forgot his son is selling San Miguel Beer.

tonywong8

466 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 2014-02-20 08:26 | Report Abuse

MAS had raised Rm 7.2B from share holders at 2007,2009 and 2013.Woh! Still want to buy 100 new planes?????

cosway

81 posts

Posted by cosway > 2014-02-20 09:16 | Report Abuse

Whatever a sensible govt should do is to cut off completely MAS by selling it at RM 2 to whichever interested party & stop this continuous bleeding & draining of taxpayers' money.
To help the rakyat - MAS Loss of 1,2 Bil can be used to pay compensation for 3 yrs for 14 highway tolls.

Posted by kangkong2UMNO > 2014-02-20 09:20 | Report Abuse

Islam under closer scrutiny, not attack, says ex-mufti - Boo Su-Lyn (MMO) http://goo.gl/zjYTYE

cosway

81 posts

Posted by cosway > 2014-02-20 09:20 | Report Abuse

And this should have been done umpteen years ago during Dr M's era. Don't forget the continuous bleeding is still on with the RM12.5 Bil PKFZ scandal where the govt stands for guarantee to the loans & paying interests.

weijian

477 posts

Posted by weijian > 2014-02-20 11:55 | Report Abuse

Yeah, this is the rules of Malaysia's perfect competition. Whether I loss or lose, I'm still the winner. Anyway, is "good" for Mas to be there, so that we got cheap flights.

i3casey

5 posts

Posted by i3casey > 2014-02-20 18:04 | Report Abuse

Ownership is important , but not performance. Look at MRCB with projects given on their platter, yet it has borrowing of RM3 billion. And UEM Builder which was blacklisted in India and a Middle East country. Such mentality is weird - being proud of owning big corporate entities, at the country's and our expense. Only "sacred cows" are allowed to run these cos, regardless of their competence and integrity. Successive CEOs in SIA were Malaysians who make SIA an envy of airline industry all over the world.

Posted by BarisanKangKong > 2014-02-21 01:14 | Report Abuse

UMNO & Cronies world....
Harga beras dunia jatuh.....harga beras di Malaysia kekal,kayalah Mokhtar.
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/government-must-ensure-fall-in-global-price-of-rice-benefits-locals-says-op

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2014-02-22 14:14 | Report Abuse

Yes the world rice price actually drop but because this unwise gov enter into contract with syed mokthar at high price for both rice and sugar , hence the rakyat have to pay for their mistakes by buying at high price ..
One may wonder why the need for the gov to benefit one individual /syed mokthar

speakup

25,082 posts

Posted by speakup > 2014-02-22 14:31 | Report Abuse

govt say no money to subsidize petrol, no money to subsidize electricity, no money to subsidize toll, no money to subsidize this and that, BUT GOT MONEY TO SUBSIDIZE MAS!
what nonsense our govt!

Seek

443 posts

Posted by Seek > 2014-02-22 16:19 | Report Abuse

Do you think they don't know what to fix in Mas? It has been like this for so many many years. Only when the MB of Selangor become the Finance Minister of Malaysia we can see Mas become emas! Then I will pour my investment into Mas even if there is a rights issue!

Posted by kangkongkong > 2014-02-22 16:27 | Report Abuse

Deteriorating Democracy in Malaysia

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/azeem-ibrahim/deteriorating-democracy-i_b_4813259.html

Most democracies achieve political legitimacy from a popular perception of effective and upright governance. Malaysia's self-described "best democracy in the world" is looking increasingly tarnished these days, following the recent election and return to power of its long-ruling Barisan National party. As President Obama plans a long awaited trip to Malaysia in April he should be aware of the toxic mix of racial politics being fomented by the Malaysian ruling party.

Despite losing the popular vote, the BN triumphed again in the country's 2013 elections, disappointing a growing opposition that had high hopes after a strong performance in 2008. The entrenched political hierarchy, instead of being humbled by its near defeat, is attempting to strengthen its hold on the country and its institutions, ignoring the need for change. Its autocratic insistence on adhering to past practices of repression, racism, corruption and cronyism have led observers to qualify its system of government as semi, quasi or limited democracy.

In the latest World Press Freedom index, Malaysia has hit an historic low, ranking 147 out of 180 countries, reflecting the government's increased repression of media freedoms by suspending publications that dare to criticize the Prime Minister, denying licenses to media outlets, censoring publications and restricting access to information.

The declining popularity of the Naijib Razak government is reflected in the increasing popularity of Anwar Ibrahim's Pakatan Rakyat coalition which is calling for ending the erosion of democracy in Malaysia. The fact that Ibrahim's party won the popular vote is an indication that the current electoral system is due for reform based on the principle of popular sovereignty, not on the basis of a selective franchise. In Malaysia all votes are not equal, with the apportionment of seats to states not based on their populations, with the result that rural votes have more weight than urban votes.

Restoring public confidence in the Electoral Commission and election process will be crucial to a healthy and mature democracy that will be responsive to the interests of all citizens, regardless of ethnicity or religion. The BN insists that Malaysia is a democracy simply because it has had regular elections with the latest being the 13th instance of electing a government by the ballot box. But democracy demands more than just elections. Protection of civil liberties and political rights, the freedom of the press and the right to assemble, checks and balances, transparency and accountability are all as important as process.

In the complex plural society of Malaysia, with its highly educated generation of young people, it is therefore inexplicable that the government should recently choose to inflame religious tensions by forbidding Malaysian Christians from using the word "Allah."

About 2.6 million Malaysians are Christians and have long complained about discriminatory policies that favor Muslim Malays. The Prime Minister glibly praises Malaysia as a multi-ethnic melting pot, yet fails to protect the rights of minorities to worship as they see fit. The ban on Christians using the word Allah -- which has been in Malay translations of the Bible for 400 years -- is seen to be pandering to extremists from a right-wing fringe of the ruling party. Several independent United Nations human rights spokesmen have called on the Malaysian government to rescind the ban and secure the right to freedom of expression of Christian publications, instead of exacerbating tensions within religious minorities in the country.

The controversy is a symptom of a deeper unease as the country is becoming increasingly polarized along ethnic and religious lines. Instead of building the idea of a Malaysian nationality, the present government seems to have retreated into divide and rule divisive sectarian politics. In contrast, opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim advocates a common identity based on universal citizenship and his message of inclusive and pluralist democracy has a particular resonance at a time when Malaysia is struggling to live up to its legacy as a pluralistic and open society.

Anwar Ibrahim recently announced he would be contesting for a state assembly seat in Selangor, Malaysia's most prosperous and ethnically diverse state. Many believe once elected he may assume the position of Chief Minister, giving him a platform on which to resolve some of these contentious issues and confront the racially charged rhetoric emanating from the ruling party. If he does succeed in the upcoming election instead of headlines reading "Death of Democracy in Malaysia," we will begin to see a resurgence of optimism as the underlying shift in political attitudes in Selangor bring about a renaissance for democracy in the nation.

Posted by kangkongkong > 2014-02-22 16:34 | Report Abuse

Teresa Kok Onederful Malaysia CNY 2014 sarikata BM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vOwkXRvtcE

Teresa Kok

Klip video "Onederful Malaysia" kini dengan sarikata Bahasa Malaysia, membuktikan ia adalah satira politik yang tidak menghina mana-mana kaum atau agama; mendedahkan fitnah para pemimpin UMNO.

Posted by kangkongkong > 2014-02-22 17:15 | Report Abuse

Patut lahhhhhh MAS rugi lagi tahun lepas.......
http://s11.postimg.org/wtwyhw8wj/mas.jpg

Posted by kangkongkong > 2014-02-23 13:04 | Report Abuse

Telling the truth is a crime in Malaysia
http://www.theantdaily.com/news/2014/02/23/telling-truth-crime-malaysia

Posted by kangkongkong > 2014-02-23 13:55 | Report Abuse

Blessed with oil money, but why is Malaysia in huge debt?
http://www.theantdaily.com/news/2014/01/14/blessed-oil-money-why-malaysia-huge-debt

Post a Comment
Market Buzz