6 people like this.

17 comment(s). Last comment by steady 2014-07-31 21:03

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-04-08 12:21 | Report Abuse

Very good! You have dig deeper! At least you are listening and ego free analysis! Asiapac can always sell Imago mall if they want! Now, thats the beauty and great asset!

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-04-08 12:23 | Report Abuse

This dude gets it! You must see beyond whats presented on past financial statement!

johnchong

635 posts

Posted by johnchong > 2014-04-08 12:57 | Report Abuse

Mr Tan, thanks for your sharing your hard work. It is good.

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2014-04-08 13:27 | Report Abuse

Thank you !! Thats the boost

matrix6050

1,265 posts

Posted by matrix6050 > 2014-04-08 13:56 | Report Abuse

Thanks for sharing :)

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2014-04-08 14:22 | Report Abuse

This young man always does thorough analysis. Article is supported by good information, future projections with detailed justifications and detail analysis. I have no doubt he will be a very successful investor. Like what Buffet said, "I never doubt that I will be rich". This can be applied to him.

Just a little comment here. PE ratio is very useful for valuation, a ballpark to check if a stock is worth buying. But it can be a little simplistic. A company can make the PE ratio great by heavy borrowing, by what we call leverage. The more important metric is enterprise value where all costs of capitals are considered. And of course the other is Ebit.

Borrowing and make money is good provided that the return of this capital is higher than its cost. And do not forget that heavy leverage cuts both ways; in good time, and if their bet goes in their favour, the company can make a lot of money. The reverse is also true. So important thing is what is the return of capital, I mean for all capitals?

The Greenblatt magic formula emphasize on buying stocks with high ROIC, and at a low EV compared to its Ebit. This is intuitive.

Can you consider a stock selling at a ROIC of 5%, but a prospective EV/Ebit of 12 a good investment?

paulthesotong

2,486 posts

Posted by paulthesotong > 2014-04-08 17:04 | Report Abuse

Take over lol

Posted by newcomer123 > 2014-04-08 22:34 | Report Abuse

how to read all articles from bursadummy?

zamsaham

778 posts

Posted by zamsaham > 2014-04-09 01:08 | Report Abuse

Nothing but just being pushed by Syndicate. Stay away.
A good company don't need publication over Forums or Fagbook. The name stands itself in the crowd.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-04-09 10:06 | Report Abuse

ASIAPAC .... ASIAPAC...... kikikiki

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2014-04-09 11:24 | Report Abuse

Posted by fortunebullz > Apr 7, 2014 08:01 PM | Report Abuse

I did asked one senior here to valuate Asiapac, he gave a thumb down and fail to see the billion market value of Imago mall! Fail to see RM70 millions recurring income yearly! Fail to see half billion unbilled sales not including unsold units! If you only see debts which are part of construction cost, if you only see thin margin due to uncomplete projects then you don't see what you should see! You must see VALUE! If you fail to see VALUE then you fail!

"If you fail to see VALUE then you fail!"

Who failed and why?

How does this foretasted "70m" (if it is true) transmit into the bottom line?

How does this forecasted half a billion "unbilled sales", if it is true, converted to the bottom line?

If you have a good apple, you know it is good because you have examined it in detail, tasted it before. And someone tell you to throw away your apple and buy his. He said his apple is damn good but you have to pay more, because he said it is damn good. And you look at it and it doesn't appear to be that damn good. Would you throw away yours and buy his apple?

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-04-09 12:43 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha! Nice to hear about shit, lemon and apple! I learn something! Cheers!

cstan

7 posts

Posted by cstan > 2014-04-09 14:31 | Report Abuse

I'd be concerned with the company's track record, which may not be "shareholder-oriented."
It may be another A&M, under-valued, for a long period of time.

funitec

639 posts

Posted by funitec > 2014-04-09 15:58 | Report Abuse

Must read the music carefully, sometimes you dont hear the noise,but its there.I made some pocketmoney anyway.We dance the tune of buy n sell,let the music play, we do not sleep when the music is playing.Get in when its good technically, fundamentally, and in demand, DANCE, then leave tne floor, Let others also dance as long as the music plays.They know when to stop.

Posted by Daniel31 > 2014-04-09 17:17 | Report Abuse

I have been living in KK for 4-5 years. I would be surprised if those international retail outlets can make money in KK...isn't Sabah one of the poorest states in Malaysia?

steady

649 posts

Posted by steady > 2014-07-31 21:03 | Report Abuse

so this is good to buy or not?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz