5 people like this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by backspace 2014-08-19 00:04

HJey

1,368 posts

Posted by HJey > 2014-08-18 11:32 | Report Abuse

You should use MY & SG sales only not Asia. Marco doesn't distribute to China, HK, Japan & etc. It's not sunset industry but Malaysia has limited growth for Marco

Majority of Marco sales comes from watches cater to entry level. You should visit City Chain & Time Galerie to understand about retailing in Malaysia

Justin Ngo

517 posts

Posted by Justin Ngo > 2014-08-18 11:56 | Report Abuse

Marco got 4 segments, namely timepiece, calculators, pianos and camera.
it's selfie camera get great respond from consumers. so not only timepiece, it camera segment is doing well too. besides, calculator segment is the dominated business, all Malaysia students in the secondary school are using Casio branded calculator, not other. Only Casio scientific calculator.

Posted by nearownkira > 2014-08-18 11:58 | Report Abuse

yeah you are promoting Casio not Marco.Marco business in electronic piano is not very good, never mentioned about it huh.

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2014-08-18 12:30 | Report Abuse

I think a better way to think about the business is since Marco is involved in wholesale and retail then the questions will be:

Is Marco the sole distributor for Casio products and other brands? - If they are then we will have to look at how big is the market in Malaysia.

If no then what are the strength of their distribution network? Why must retailers get Casio products from Marco than other distributors through other distribution network?

For retail, what is their competitive edge compare to other watches retailers? i.e. Lower cost structure, better after sales service etc.

To me what they are selling is neither sunset nor sunrise, but more like a stable/slow growth industry.

532 posts

Posted by 1901 > 2014-08-18 18:34 | Report Abuse

Is Marco the sole distributor for Casio products and other brands? - good question, find out d answer first.

Justin Ngo

517 posts

Posted by Justin Ngo > 2014-08-18 22:29 | Report Abuse

marco has 800++ watches dealer all around malaysia. they r regular customers who take products from marco.

backspace

193 posts

Posted by backspace > 2014-08-19 00:04 | Report Abuse

just wait for this coming Q report, the figures will speak for itself, whether sunset or sunrise.

even you look at the past Q report, the number or quite consistent, the EPS got diluted because of the warrant conversion, now that the warrant has expired, no issue with further dilution.

yes you may say if the earning is consistent and not improving, why is it wise to invest? for 1, even the earning is stagnant, not increase largely, the dividend payout alone is enough for you to hold it as defensive stock.

2nd, they just appointed a young CEO, whether he is capable or not we not yet know, but it shows that the company is looking forward, pumping new blood in management with new ideas into it.

3rd, this company is cash rich, in the past they just keep the money and pay out dividend, i believe with the appointment of new CEO, he may make use of the cash pile to do something. we just have to wait and see.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz