6 people like this.

71 comment(s). Last comment by Icon8888 2015-01-18 14:28

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2015-01-13 12:54 | Report Abuse

lENO I hate cats but in your case foul mouth dirty cat like you I LIKE!
I also notice lots of investor talking about averaging down to reduce holding cost bcos still got money even though the stock is correcting big time likely using margin to help out. Margin is a 3 EDGE Sword one more pointing towards you my friend. Margin call only comes when you need it most and believe me those who top up will die harder.
As far as I know Ting is still rich so is HS, Eric family TKS etc most of them alrdy squirrel away the cash in nominees funds

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2015-01-13 13:17 | Report Abuse

When the fund bosses are throwing out their shares borrowing it easily available and when are about to collect the stock market will retreat with hell lot of bad news,Then the margin squeeze,forcing the investors to top up or to sell at huge losses.
My sincere advice is not to invest more than 10% of your assets and with surplus cash so that you are not squeezed or cornered by bankers who will close their umbellas when it is raining.
It is not safe to invest in stock market as it is easily proned to falling due to many sensitive issues and can cause great financial disasters to you and family members.
The time to buy shares is after great correction and a crash but must have great discipline to practise it.It is easier to talk than to do it
especially to exercise great control over the right timing of buying and selling.
When recession is approaching,it is wise to leave the stock market completely for few years at least because it will be a falling knife in long run.

calvintaneng

53,364 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-01-13 13:18 | Report Abuse

Yes, last time I visited Kuching and the coastal resort of Suntubong. At night the long stretch of highways were all well lighted. All contribution from Ting

paperplane

1,403 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2015-01-13 13:26 | Report Abuse

if I keep cash, the export stocks all 20% return

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2015-01-13 15:57 | Report Abuse

U must understand this Leno...during 2013 election....he call everyone to hold cash.....!! Say he is 100% cash mah...!!

Those who follow him all send to holland....loh...bcos market run up.

Then this Leno will then ...will tell everyone.. why so stupid...he make tons of monies holding stock loh....!!

That is type of chracter Leno ....u cannot trust this fellow loh...!!
To him fame is very important loh...!!

Raider ...diff very humble...raider say spades is spades....there is no 2 way about it loh....!!

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2015-01-13 16:05 | Report Abuse

hahahah ... no ... i did not call everi one to hold cash during last election ... i was asking LG (and onli LG) to sell off all his stock because LG think PR will win the election mar .. HAHAHAHAHAHAH .. SERVE HIM RIGHT ! He mix investing with politic and suffer BIG LOSS OF OPPORTUNITIES .. KaakakakakakakaK ... KAKKAAKAKAKAKAKAK .. i like !

paperplane

1,403 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2015-01-13 16:08 | Report Abuse

Leno, dun deny lah. You keep on boh chow see.

See-pohuat, hevea, latitdue, all 10-20% return!!

Only idiot listen to Leno-the HOLLAND CAT!

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2015-01-13 16:14 | Report Abuse

things in investlah change when LG become admin there mar .. his purpose is to con people and to promote politics lor ... leno kena ban by him many many time for political reason .. and finally leno decide to teach him a big lesson of his whole life. Since he keep saying PR will win election .. leno give him GREEN LIGHT to sell off all his share during that time lor ... HAHAHAHAHAH ... KAKAKAKAKAKAAK ... this is wat we call ... BAD PEOPLE will suffer BAD KARMA ! U no see leno suffer bad luck leh .. why ? Because leno have good and sincere heart mar ... always help people one.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-01-18 04:24 | Report Abuse

Still want to use OPM to make money from the market? Read this latest example of FXCM leveraged losses leading to emergency rescue.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/swiss-franc-move-cripples-currency-brokers-1421371654

Anyone in the world foresaw this problem? May be one of two only.

Anyone foresaw the steep drop in oil price leading to drastic drop in share price of some even very good oil and gas stocks in Bursa by more than 50% in weeks? None!

Anyone foresaw the fast and furious drop of the stock markets in 2008 resulting the demise of this Dominion Fund, the highest Sharpe ratio hedge fund in the world in this article? Very few.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/44344.jsp

Still not convinced about the peril of using OPM for investing, or rather speculating?

Posted by lepaklangkawi > 2015-01-18 05:28 | Report Abuse

jeez. can use margin, every case is different. up to 400:1 margin avail in FX. up to you to decide to take. end of day, is the broker able to collect from non-domiciled clients. Of Course NOT. thats why Oanda (only offer max 50:1) offer to forgive client debt. also, up to broker to DECLINE risky business. manage RISK.

and nothing wrong with speculating. dun be DOWNER kc, jus because u're a WB fanboi. market took 20 Standard Dev move in 1987. r u going to be fright of stock market because of 1987???

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/555954401320239104

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-01-18 13:31 | Report Abuse

I believe those people who used margin finance even up to 20% -30% will be hit very badly by margin calls in 1998, 2001 and end 2008. Many of them wouldn't be able to recover because the forced selling had diminished their chance to recover. Those who did not use margin finance had recovered and prospered.

Even those who used margin finance up to 30% were also hit very badly in a small downturn in Mid December 2014 and margin calls would have also diminished their chance of recovering. Just my hunch.

One can easily set up a spreadsheet and see the scenario analysis as shown in the link here:

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/44344.jsp

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-01-18 13:57 | Report Abuse

Icon8888,

My comments are in general nature and not specific on anybody. Having said that, for those who indulged in margin financing then, I think you were an exception.

Human nature is such that once someone has tasted sweetness, few can get away from it.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-01-18 14:02 | Report Abuse

Thanks KC, despite my own experience, I agree that it is better to teach people NOT to gear than teaching them to gear

Having conveyed my points to you, I think I better delete my earlier postings.

Better not geared for it can cut both ways

Ooi Teik Bee

11,113 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-01-18 14:03 |

Post removed.Why?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-01-18 14:05 | Report Abuse

OTB I will call to meet you if 1997 happens again. Hope to hear some TA perspectives from you. Maybe it works. : )

Ooi Teik Bee

11,113 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-01-18 14:09 |

Post removed.Why?

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2015-01-18 14:10 | Report Abuse

My margin finance is 32.4% up till nov. When dec downturn came, my margin finance stilll no problem

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2015-01-18 14:16 | Report Abuse

This safest way for most so called stock expert is to scream bearish bearish bearish all the time ! When bearish does come, then scream "i told you so". When bull market come charging, they still scream careful careful careful !! Full of nonsense!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-01-18 14:26 | Report Abuse

1997 is unique and impossible to escape because it unfolded over several phases

Dropped from 1100 to 900, everybody panic and sold down. At 900, it started rebounced, everybody rushed in. Then it collapsed again to 700. Everybody panic and sold off again (second round). Then it rebounced, everybody rushed in. Then it collapsed to 500...

The cycle kept repeating until 250

By that time, the street is already strewn with bodies. Nobody interested to buy anything anymore....

Then it recovered....

Ha ha see die or not die ????

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-01-18 14:28 | Report Abuse

That is why I said unless I am GOD, there is no way I can escape unscathed !

Post a Comment
Market Buzz