10 people like this.

115 comment(s). Last comment by ks55 2015-08-18 21:06

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 16:06 | Report Abuse

taught in primary? i know of many pre-school kids already speaking fluent england. more fluent and depth than u hear from the average english speaking adult.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 16:14 | Report Abuse

Whatever happen in Malaysia education also happen in Germany
I do not think grass is greener in Germany

Henly30a

192 posts

Posted by Henly30a > 2015-04-26 16:20 | Report Abuse

For your information "SAN TAI WONG" a type ugly truck uses by timber logger to delivery chopped log from deep jungle through roller coastal muddy road to the temporary warehouse is invented by agroup chinese educated or uneducated( super poor family)mechanic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Many of the tools used for mining are invented by chinese educated or uneducated tin mine foreman still can be seen keeping in National Museum centre .Please ask your father or grandfather if you haven seen it before!The latest invention of pendrive by Pan Jian Chong is educated in chinese school..............Sunztzhe, alot chinese educated or non educated died in deep jungle because involving timber logging or mining area !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So,please don't insult them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!don't insult them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r°Moi

5,802 posts

Posted by r°Moi > 2015-04-26 16:26 | Report Abuse

Ya... lament too mm... youngsters nowadays are not what they used to be.... they mess with girls.. power.. money.. and living too lavish a lifestyle.. apparently beyond their means

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-26 16:26 | Report Abuse

Why do you think the malaysian student are stupid? Is it because they are taught stupidly or the teachers are stupid?

Posted by optimusprime > Apr 26, 2015 04:00 PM

when the human is stupid, they blame the education language.

i dont agreed.

korean also donno england well. look at their inventions??

that answer all the question why malaysia so backward due to education language no international.

the real answer. the student is stupid.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 16:28 | Report Abuse

if u think all human are born with equal intelligent, u r greatly mistaken.

some apes are more intelligent than some human.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-26 16:41 | Report Abuse

Ya I need to agree with you guys, as i have some friends from Shanghai China whom speak very good English, also that is why they are doing great in China.

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-26 17:30 | Report Abuse

Chinese medium schools rake lowest in the world. Countless scholars are produce in English, German, Japan, Korean etc medium schools but not from Chinese medium. That is why China became backward communist country. Chinese medium schools only produce students good in copying other success or invention at lowest quality

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 18:26 | Report Abuse

5000 years ago. china already civilized with proper system in schooling and govt dept. they wear properly.

but even less than 200 yrs ago, the ppls in malaysia walking in naked. donno anything about writing. nothing has system.

this is DNA. chinese DNA has been refined and redeveloped for 5000 yrs.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-04-26 20:49 | Report Abuse

The real disaster is in the extraordinary presence of foreign workers in Malaysia! There is 7 million foreign workers! This is shockingly high! We are not that bad in quality of education compare to Thailand but it's the level of industrialization that we fall way behind! Malaysia value cheap labour rather than knowledgeable labour! Hence the presence of abundant graduates not needed!

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 21:02 | Report Abuse

there was a plane about to crash. 3 different race vvip in the plane. the pilot told them to wear parachute and count to 10 before they jump.

the first landed was chinese vvip.
the 2nd landed was indian (english educated) vvip
the 3rd, didnt make it, crash on the floor together with plane.

the first count: yat, yi, sam, si, eng, luk, jat, pat, kao, sup.

the second count: one, two, three, four, five, six, se-ven (note the delay) eight, nine, ten.

the third vvip count: sa-tu, du-er. ti-ga, em-pat, li-ma. e-nam, tu-ju, la-pan (plane crash !!!)

so everyone now u understand the important of language or not?

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-26 21:16 | Report Abuse

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_paper

Do you know who invented paper which you are writing on everyday. So get your facts right before make comment, uneducated yet sensitive and stupid.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-26 21:19 | Report Abuse

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireworks
Now you can see who is uneducated with no fact at all and like to twist.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 21:23 | Report Abuse

waste time argue. all major invention are done by chinese.

even Broadband fibre that deliver your internet to u.

ckwan11d

567 posts

Posted by ckwan11d > 2015-04-27 07:09 | Report Abuse

Good morning everyone.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-27 09:24 | Report Abuse

Where was gun powder invented, as it leads to firearms which you guys use it so enjoyably killing each other now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-04-27 09:54 | Report Abuse

You better don't call Andy call "jia sai"
Itu gun powder invention has anything to do
With our deteriorating English standard?
You better buy more frontkn or geshen to not miss
the wagon of big fortune

Posted by Lan Yong How > 2015-04-27 11:14 | Report Abuse

Oldkoon brought many points about students from Chinese medium schools have certain attitudes.to go in depth good students go straight to Form 1 but those bad ones had to go through a year of Remove class where the time table had 2/3 of the periods allocated for Bahasa Malaysia giving these poor students time to brush up their BM many years ago.BUT when the Remove class was abolished the poor students had a really tough time catching up with BM.Imagine at std 6 these students study everything in Chinese,then when they move in to Form 1 they study everything in BM.The culture was of course great.Students from the lower socio-economic group suffered the most.they lost interest,played truant,then finally dropped out of school.

Posted by Lan Yong How > 2015-04-27 11:17 | Report Abuse

sorry, I mean the culture shock was of course great.

Posted by Lan Yong How > 2015-04-27 11:28 | Report Abuse

Only teachers who had started her/his service from 1970's can understand how the different education policies bring about the decline of the education system.They can only shake their heads in despair,many even opted for early retirement.Teachers are not politicians.

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-04-27 11:37 | Report Abuse

I already replied oldkoon

"Apr 26, 2015 02:09 PM | Report Abuse

beother oldkoon,

please be fair and honest, it is not the school that produce you so called shallow minded chauvinistic students may it be sekolah kebangsaan or sekolah jenis kebangsaan. do not blame the school, school is there to educate our in the model determined by our own government.

after more 50 years of merdeka, much effort have been done to unite the people of all racial, do we have achieved a united Malaysia? NO ! we see even worst than before. the malays look at the chinese as a threat to their special privileges, the non malays look at the malay as selfish and greedy beings to deprive them off the right to live well here as a rightful Malaysian.

why and where has gone wrong?

IT IS THE POLITIC !

the leaders now may it be UMNO ,MCA or MIC are different from earlier ones when had just achieved Meredeka. scandles after scandle, malpractice after malpractice, corruption after corruption,....

we are Malaysian , malay or non-malay, here is our home we should not allow any unscrupulous politicians to destroy our country. So we must stay united and convey the massage clearly to our leaders we want an education system to delevelop our people so as able to compete with the world outside , not to please any race, may it be malay or non-malay . if after multilingualism is more appropriate , why not if monolingualism is proven not feasible after 58 years?"

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-27 11:44 | Report Abuse

Not all students in Chinese medium school excel in their studies. 30% cannot catch up and lose interest in studies. Chinese medium schools put too much pressure on students. 30% will drop out and end up in hands of triads. Triads offer them easy way of making money initially. And Chinese associate those with wealth with status in community regardless if you involve in triads. This one KYY do not know, he is not even high educated, KYY syiok sendiri, not even graduate from university but came out from vocational government school. Now KYY so wealthy he hantam no think. If he know most of Chinese medium schools end up with triads, he close eyes only

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-27 12:12 | Report Abuse

Okay okay do not argue. We are all here to save this sinking titanic. Patching holes like the 1MDB and GST will take you years.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-27 12:21 | Report Abuse

I invest in technology because I want to see new invention
Why do I invest to someone who is going to be good English speaker and start to complaint after you invest a heavily on them because they are greater debater than you

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-27 12:33 | Report Abuse

It is likely to create a bunch of lawyer and fighting everyday days to nights over their rights
of course we need more English speaker in this country so that more and more people start to fight over their rights
It will be never ending
But I do not think it is financially smart by any mean.

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-27 12:42 | Report Abuse

Found this in internet

Many Malays would find Yew Yin's views offensive, extreme, and pro-Chinese but let's not forget he is a product of a system. So are we. The cracks in this system have also bred chauvinistic and dishonest individuals on the better side of history. This is the segment Yew Yin is referring to, not the ones who are moderate, hardworking and keep their noses clean.

http://laughingtigress.blogspot.com/2010/04/koon-yew-yin-ex-ijm-gamuda-and-mudajaya.html

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-27 12:43 | Report Abuse

Yew Yin declined to comment if he considers himself Malaysian or Chinese first. We will have to make an intelligent deduction.

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-27 12:47 | Report Abuse

And Yew Yin reputataion as dubious charater has been around since 2011

For a ghastly moment as I scrolled down your post, I feared a certain publicity hungry tycoon would be the one lauded. The one high up in the Malaysian richest list who had recently announced he would donate half his wealth to charity. Ha! Pleased I was that Koon Yew Yin from Ipoh is the so featured and not some mere titled filthy rich businessman of dubious repute

http://malaysiafinance.blogspot.com/2011/03/true-malaysian-outstanding.html

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-27 12:48 | Report Abuse

the topic is to discuss education system

bro oldkoon, why u keep talking abt the author?

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-27 12:50 | Report Abuse

Yew Yin recycle his lies too many times, here is his version back in 2009

I am a 76-year-old chartered civil engineer and one of the founders of the three larger construction companies listed in Bursa Malaysia. These are Gamuda Bhd, Mudajaya Group Bhd, and IJM Corporation Bhd.

I was a member of the Board of Engineers, Malaysia for three terms. I was also on the Sirim Board responsible in writing the Malaysian standard specifications for cement and concrete. In addition, I was the Secretary General of Master Builders Association, Malaysia for nine years.

These days, I am completely retired. My intention in writing this article is honourable. Many people may not like reading what I have written and the truth may be difficult to accept. Nevertheless, this is my considered analysis for the benefit of my country, the Bumiputera contractors and the construction industry.
https://all4one4all.wordpress.com/2009/11/25/malaysia-contractors-and-the-malaysian-brain-drain-by-koon-yew-yin/

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-04-27 14:25 | Report Abuse

oldkoon please stick to the point,

you have deviated from the topic to far out

if you want to attack KYY please write in you won't blog, that is not difficult to create here.

why keep on striking the emotion of forumers here

do not tell me you are that ignorant that you do not aware you are out of point in the discussion

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-04-27 14:39 | Report Abuse

KYY expressed his concern about the deteriorating English standard here, nothing racial , nothing offensive to any people , I don't see anything wrong . he is just telling the truth

it is common sense if you don't like KYY , then whatever he does or he says even he smiles to you, you will feel disgusting

so the problem is no KYY but YOU, your illed psychology

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-04-27 15:44 | Report Abuse

so do not worry we will be influenced or misled by KYY or YOU.

we know the inner substance in your or KYY talk.

but I really don't like the situation now we are facing as I have said before,
"the malays look at the chinese as a threat to their special privileges, the non malays look at the malay as selfish and greedy beings to deprive them off the right to live well here as a rightful Malaysian."

but to restore to the early days harmony of all races, is along and hard journey to go

a lot to be done but very little we can do, but to do, because we want everybody irrespective of origin to live well and well taken care of

so please if KYY is sharing his wisdom and experience to bring improvement, be fair and grateful because we want to live well

thank or sorry.

it is not my intention to cause any dislike.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-27 17:14 | Report Abuse

Proficient English isn't important
It is the effective communication that measure a standard.
There is no guarantee if you speak a proper English and people will follow the instruction correctly. or people will get your messege if you speak proper English.
Especially I had a difficult time to understand some top grade English teacher no doubt they are good.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-27 17:15 | Report Abuse

forget it, bolehland ppls will answer your question as the question they would like to answer.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-27 17:19 | Report Abuse

I think her problem is not English
Her problem is she cannot communicate effectively
May be she is so think that you understand her condition better than anyone else so there is no reason to write a long essay to express herself again?

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-27 17:22 | Report Abuse

thousands of bolehland ppls cannot understand simple question no matter in what language.
my statistic is u have to tell 3 times in 3 different phrases of the same thing.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-27 17:26 | Report Abuse

The problem is the the education is fighting to how many As can a student archive the more As the better compare to 70s
Who will know now the lowest standard of grade must have at least 12 As
Some even go up to20 As

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-27 17:28 | Report Abuse

i used to score many A's in my studies and my father suspected me of cheating. so i gave up.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-27 17:29 | Report Abuse

p.s. my father never saw me studies.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-27 17:34 | Report Abuse

It is the parent problem
Parent like to show off how many As can they get
And the scholarship requirement must has 10 As a minimum requirement to measure a quality of a student

rajapetra

53 posts

Posted by rajapetra > 2015-04-28 14:44 | Report Abuse

I am currently studying the early history of Singapore over the last 200 years to understand how that tiny island-state became an economic powerhouse. It is a most interesting study because undoubtedly it was the Chinese in collaboration with the British and the Johor Royal Family that made Singapore into what it is today.

The Chinese had their own administration and laws, the British had theirs, while the Malays, too, had their separate system. In other words, 200 years ago, there were three Singapores in one.

rajapetra

53 posts

This was where the Chinese came in. The main players in Singapore were the Baba Chinese (who spoke Malay or a bastardised Hokkien-Malay that was neither Hokkien nor Malay), the Teochews and the Hokkiens. They controlled all the business activities. The main activities were trading, plantations (mostly in Johor), gambling, opium and prostitution.

The Chinese were split into three communities and each had its own leader. The Babas, because they spoke English, were closer to the British so the British appointed compradors from amongst them to manage the Baba community. The Teochews and Hokkiens had their own paramount leaders who laid down the laws and had power of life and death over their people.

In short, the British, Malays, Babas, Teochews and Hokkiens all had their own leaders and the people had to listen to their leader or face death. Chinese girls aged 11-13 were bought (yes, bought) in China and then brought to Singapore to work the brothels owned by the various clan kongsis. They also traded in opium (grown in Singapore, Johor and Batavia), which was not only exported to China on British ships but was also a form of salary for the Chinese plantation workers. Yes, the plantation workers were paid in opium, not cash. The prostitutes were not paid anything, of course, because they had been purchased as slaves.

rajapetra

53 posts

Chinese girls aged 11-13 were bought (yes, bought) in China and then brought to Singapore to work the brothels owned by the various clan kongsis. They also traded in opium (grown in Singapore, Johor and Batavia), which was not only exported to China on British ships but was also a form of salary for the Chinese plantation workers. Yes, the plantation workers were paid in opium, not cash. The prostitutes were not paid anything, of course, because they had been purchased as slaves.

rajapetra

53 posts

Posted by rajapetra > 2015-04-28 14:45 | Report Abuse

The Chinese then paid tax to the British, who used this income to develop Singapore. And when China tried to stop the British from bringing opium into China, the British declared war on China and took Hong Kong by force and turned it into a British colony. In fact, the British ships that attacked China came from Singapore

rajapetra

53 posts

Posted by rajapetra > 2015-04-28 14:46 | Report Abuse

So the Chinese in Singapore, who had come from China just a decade or two before that, were very much involved in the opium trade in China. They financed the British through taxes on opium, prostitution and plantations to not only develop and run Singapore but to wage war against China as well, a very important market for opium, plus a very important source for girls aged 11-13 to restock the brothels in Singapore.

rajapetra

53 posts

Posted by rajapetra > 2015-04-28 14:46 | Report Abuse

You see, these girls started work between 11-13 but in just a couple of years many died due to suicide, opium and diseases. Almost all the girls had the pox and would die in just a few years. Those that ran away were hunted down and killed. The Malays and British did not interfere. And the leaders decided what happens and anyone who questions their leaders or even dares to raise his face and look the leader in the eye would be executed.

rajapetra

53 posts

Posted by rajapetra > 2015-04-28 14:47 | Report Abuse

You needed to look down to the ground when you addressed your leader and you prostrated on your hands and knees in front of your leader to demonstrate reverence and loyalty.

This was probably what the Chinese would have said 200 years ago:

“I am very shocked at what Zeng has said about Baba Tan. Has he forgotten the fact that Baba Tan has contributed tremendously to the development and well-being of Singapore?”

“You need to practice and implement the fundamental Chinese tradition, that you respect your leaders. If you have any difference of ideas, seek advice or guidance from your leaders instead of lashing out in public.”

“I’m dismayed that you have not changed for the better.”

sook

49 posts

Posted by sook > 2015-05-06 16:21 | Report Abuse

This is what we call a " free fall" in our education system!

ks55

3,504 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-08-18 21:06 | Report Abuse

Substandard English by a so called UK graduate

1. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 06:04 PM | Report Abuse

insult me ! u talk your england powder is good , also ka ni sai , only malaysian understand , foreigner all dont understand ! TIU .

2. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 07:57 PM | Report Abuse

show off type , i hate the most , ks55 think he is english excellent , but is just from 5 level , shame to public .

3. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 08:00 PM | Report Abuse

i admit i am poor , slide poor that him , but still graduate honour , so what , because science stream graduate , dont need expert in language , cover the normal common inggeris will do , i am qualify honours quantity surveyor OK .

3. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 08:02 PM | Report Abuse

Did you pass your SPM English???????
i answer u , past with distinction C3 in SPM exam .OK

4. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 08:05 PM | Report Abuse

What message is he trying to convey??
message is dont too cunning in term show off u are banana man , I am malaysian with melayu , chinese and hokkien dialog , inggeris . OK

5. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 08:07 PM | Report Abuse

your inggeris , only the i3 people tolerance accept only , still need improvement .

6. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 08:13 PM | Report Abuse

next time want to condemn people , refer back ground first , especially i am UNIVERSITY OF northumbria at Newcastle , DONT UNDERESTIMATED PEOPLE , ok

7. Posted by martin555 > Aug 18, 2015 08:56 PM | Report Abuse

enough your nonsense , i know u can fight back so well , one things i really cannot tolerance u is your attitude is too cunning , same how your mandarin is terrible poor , if u dont know chinese , coz banana man , i personal teach u , blue bird meaning in mandarin .

Should ask KYY what grade can be awarded to such level of English in SPM.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz