10 people like this.

115 comment(s). Last comment by ks55 2015-08-18 21:06

ks55

3,533 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-04-24 11:35 | Report Abuse

Do you know the mentality of our school teachers these days?
教书拿钱就是我们的责任

I happened to walk pass a primary school (gate) yesterday evening when school just over. You know what I saw? Many young primary school teachers are driving cars that cost at least 100k each!! My god! Don't tell me they are all having sugar daddy to provide this type of luxuries ????????

ks55

3,533 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-04-24 11:49 | Report Abuse

Rubbish in rubbish out...
This is the product of our present university education.
Teachers from local u these days can speak good English?
If quality of teachers already like, how good do you expect their students to achieve?

Of course, those old timers are not to be included in this category.
In the seventies, to gain entry to Science with Education was as hard as gaining a seat in engineering faculty in MU.

fayeTan

374 posts

Posted by fayeTan > 2015-04-24 11:50 | Report Abuse

sad but this is the "inconvenient truth"

speakup

25,307 posts

Posted by speakup > 2015-04-24 11:59 | Report Abuse

in the 1960s our education system was among the best in Asia.
in the 1960s our national football team was among the best in Asia.
today those are just dreams..... dreams of the good old days.

fistball

40 posts

Posted by fistball > 2015-04-24 12:07 | Report Abuse

HI, Mr. Khoo,

Sir, Yes Sir, No sir. Too much tv programmes affected the younger generations. Or rather too much social networking , which I believe is the place where they pick up (not learn ) their english.

I happen to read your blog post most of the time, not because of the stock picks. But of the insightful ways of yours in picking a stock. I am a remisier myself, I read all sorts of report. So I am not really bias when somebody says this is a superstar share. And, I seldom do comments on the blog post. But today, about this education issue, I can't help myself but, agree on what you just blogged.

Education in Malaysia is a real mess. Really, after graduated and came out to work as a remisier, I realized that books are not everything, but education is something you must have for everything. That is why I insist to my wife, no matter how difficult the time is, we need to ensure our kids ( barely 4 years old at the time I am writing this ) to have a complete education, meaning, at least a Bachelor degree. We prepare for it, financial and mentally.

Mess up, it is, the education system. Students want to study Medicine course, not enough quota ; some wants to study Dentist, some engineering, all can\t get in. Why? Because the place are reserved for quota to the BUMI. so called, the Malays. But did the Malays who enroll or occupy in the course, excel? Nope, they take it as granted.

There are too long a comment can be written about how bad Malaysia education system is. So, I would like to stop here. Back to monitoring the stock prices :)

P.S. I think a person should not be self sufficient with what is given. He should be dedicated in improving his weakness, not depending on others. I learn my own english, by reading and writing.

" Read more and write more ", Stephen King " There is no formula for a quick sucess "

fistball

40 posts

Posted by fistball > 2015-04-24 12:09 | Report Abuse

一个人在穷,也不可以穷教育

No matter how poor you are, you cannot defy education

ks55

3,533 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-04-24 12:20 | Report Abuse

Can we have yesterday once more???
Can we rebuild the confidence in Malaysian University Education?
If we cannot change Government University's policies, can we give full support to UTAR?
Please take note, I am not a MCA member, just do what is good for Malaysian's future. No political agenda.......

ks55

3,533 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-04-24 12:23 | Report Abuse

UTAR graduates are more employable than those come out from our local Government Universities. This is a fact.......

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-04-24 13:44 | Report Abuse

My kids are schooling in Chinese school. Except for few teachers "Ma", most of the Chinese teachers are very dedicated and hard working. I respect them a lot and in fact I owe them for educating my kids well.

calvintaneng

53,443 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-24 13:52 | Report Abuse

Correct. DPM Muhyddin. should revert teaching of maths and science to English like Dr M did. English is the lingua fraca of the world for another 100 years. To progress a country must fully plug into the World of Scientific and Economic Progress through the medium of the English Language!

And for this reason I sent my sons to Spore for an English based Education.

smalltimer

1,501 posts

Posted by smalltimer > 2015-04-24 15:33 | Report Abuse

why not switch from english to mandarin?
its a huge economy out there!

Ny036

714 posts

Posted by Ny036 > 2015-04-24 15:44 | Report Abuse

My opinion is all these happening is due to Goverment fault. They only think of their race n not the whole country as a whole. We now are in reverse gear in almost all aspect. Just helpless as they are majority.

Posted by Lan Yong How > 2015-04-24 16:44 | Report Abuse

Thank you for this eye opening article.

Posted by Lan Yong How > 2015-04-24 16:56 | Report Abuse

when a fish rots it rots from the head,the rotting of the education system started since the year 1970 when teachers were recruited on quota system.From then till now how many nons remain before they retire.No wonder theres this joke'kalau bodoh jadi guru'.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-24 20:00 | Report Abuse

sir, very good joke sir, its real in bolehland sir, sir, its good sir, the more ignorant the new gen, sir, the easier for us to make money sir.

sir, yes, sir this joke u publish i laughdie la. sir, thankyou very much sir.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-24 20:00 | Report Abuse

sir, if u noticed, i given u a like.

Posted by CHONG Kong Hui > 2015-04-26 10:20 | Report Abuse

Indeed, it is devastating. Worried, very. Solutions for my child, need $$$$$. Solutions for country, BN must go.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 10:23 | Report Abuse

mr kyy. actually the whole country system is a disaster.

tell me which is not a disaster?

who do u know who drive a car on the road really passed their driving test? do u know any? i donno any.

and what is the driving test for? why not make it a birth right. i heard a friend's son who is only 15yr old, driving car to his regular tuition. dont tell me this is without the knowledge of his parent.

andychucky28

1,600 posts

Posted by andychucky28 > 2015-04-26 12:24 | Report Abuse

Hopefully the Sabah and Sarawak could have better education.

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-26 12:40 | Report Abuse

Completely agree that Chinese medium schools produce worst employees in Malaysia. They cant even speak or write in English. And the moment they attend interview, immediately they will demand that air conditioners in the office must be set at 20 degree Celsius, work from 10 am to 5 pm.

Posted by CHONG Kong Hui > 2015-04-26 12:45 | Report Abuse

Dear "Oldkoon", no good to attack "Chinese medium schools" as many top employees and successful entrepreneurs also from there.

Problem is not from "Chinese medium school" or "Sekolah Kebangsaan"... it is the SYSTEM.

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-26 12:48 | Report Abuse

Those who grow up in Chinese medium schools tend to be very chauvinistic in nature. They prefer to mix only with those who speak mandarin. 90% of Chinese medium schools hardly speak national language and having difficulty in understanding simple English

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 12:48 | Report Abuse

dont blame the education system in malaysia. its only a good excuse.

why not look into the malaysian DNA. maybe they are not intelligence for a start?

Lim Goh Thong never complete standard 3.
micheal dell, bill gates, steve jobs all kick out by university.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 12:50 | Report Abuse

oldkoon, i agree there are many low grade chinese in malaysia. while there r many high grade chinese in oversea.

as for the major race....do we know of any high grade any where?

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-26 12:51 | Report Abuse

Chinese medium schools are failure. Fail to produce students who can integrate well with other races. Fail to produce English speaking students and only know in writing and speaking mandarin

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 12:57 | Report Abuse

dont waste time sending your kids to school waste 12 - 18yrs.

send them to big restaurant kitchen start as junior as soon as they are tall enough to carry plates.

master the art of cooking and them they can migrate any country they want. good chef is in huge demand anywhere in the world. 30yrs ago, and 30yrs later.

and very highly paid.

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-26 13:02 | Report Abuse

Those from Chinese medium schools have bad attitude. They prefer to work in highly paid, minimum working hours, and expect to be treated like royalty. They also cannot stand the sun and constantly complain how mistreated they by the majority and expect majority to protect them and serve them

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 13:05 | Report Abuse

so tell me why so many malays sending their kids to chinese medium schools to compete the limited seats with chinese parents???

if chinese medium school is so bad as u said.

optimusprime

1,149 posts

Posted by optimusprime > 2015-04-26 13:06 | Report Abuse

one of the answer, chinese medium school teach u math in standard 5 that other schoool teach u at form 5.

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-26 13:15 | Report Abuse

Chinese medium schools produce shallow minded chauvinistic students. They hardly understand national language and have limited understanding of other culture. They insist that you learn their mandarin language if you want to mix with them. What type of citizen that insist majority must follow minority language?

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-04-26 13:18 | Report Abuse

I super sipek agreed on tis one Lim Goh Thong never complete standard 3.
micheal dell, bill gates, steve jobs all kick out by university.

U see optimusprime kicked out by i3 now become professional voluntarily Commentator in all the stock forums. Great achievement so far. Kidding syok syok only bro...sunday cheering

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-04-26 13:21 | Report Abuse

Oldkoon.

Some misunderstanding over there I believe. I saw the same problems as well but the problem pool is getting lesser now. Small portion of pure Chinese oriented...i repeat portion.... They hardly can adapt n accept other races. Anyway,it must be improved to build a better Malaysia

oldkoon

13 posts

Posted by oldkoon > 2015-04-26 13:27 | Report Abuse

Chinese medium school teachers hardly speak and understand national language. They teach students the culture of whinning, complaining and how injustice the majority treating them. They teach students to hate other races and inculcate culture of bribing majority to get things done. And mocking national schools are part of their agenda to ensure minority continue to send their children to Chinese medium schools. KYY is doing exactly that, mocking national educational to ensure minority segregate themselves from majority.

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-04-26 13:30 | Report Abuse

Oldkoon.

I am a chindian girl but I never hate other races .... There are small group of haters not only in Chinese ethic but in other ethnic too

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-04-26 13:46 | Report Abuse

It is very clear to everyone in Malaysia that the educational standards and the standard of English language, teaching of English language communication, writing and reading skills amongst the school children in Malaysian govt schools had dropped significantly over the past 50 odd years.

Before anyone starts to improve on the deplorable educational standards, one must ask the following questions:
- What are the root causal factors
- What are the action plans required to arrest further decline and thereafter improve on the educational standards of Malaysian govt schools in general.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 13:50 | Report Abuse

It is good to just put the blame on teacher
Their parent don't even care their children
English isn't important to be successful like Japanese

bintang21

458 posts

Posted by bintang21 > 2015-04-26 14:09 | Report Abuse

beother oldkoon,

please be fair and honest, it is not the school that produce you so called shallow minded chauvinistic students may it be sekolah kebangsaan or sekolah jenis kebangsaan. do not blame the school, school is there to educate our in the model determined by our own government.

after more 50 years of merdeka, much effort have been done to unite the people of all racial, do we have achieved a united Malaysia? NO ! we see even worst than before. the malays look at the chinese as a threat to their special privileges, the non malays look at the malay as selfish and greedy beings to deprive them off the right to live well here as a rightful Malaysian.

why and where has gone wrong?

IT IS THE POLITIC !

the leaders now may it be UMNO ,MCA or MIC are different from earlier ones when had just achieved Meredeka.

we are Malaysian , malay or non-malay, here is our home we should not allow any unscrupulous politicians to destroy our country. So we must stay united and convey the massage clearly to our leaders we want an education system to able to compete with the world outside , not to please any race, may it be malay or non-malay

saya anak Malaysia, di sini lah saya dilahir, di sini lah tumpah darah ku untuk mempertahankan tanah air ku

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 14:41 | Report Abuse

I had seen many of the people who do not speak good english
But they contribute to the most useful and invention
While the people with good English is just good in writing article to bad mouth other people of their invention

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-04-26 14:46 | Report Abuse

Please advise who are these people "who do not speak good english
But they contribute to the most useful and invention "
Christensen > Apr 26, 2015 02:41 PM | Report Abuse

I had seen many of the people who do not speak good english
But they contribute to the most useful and invention
While the people with good English is just good in writing article to bad mouth other people of their invention

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 14:46 | Report Abuse

May be they are just introvert
Rather than create a batch of debater with proficient English
Our education system focus on young generation to invent more useful thing to improve life standard

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-04-26 14:49 | Report Abuse

Christensen, Are you admitting to yourself first and to everyone here in this forum that you could not have any specific name/names to support your statement???

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 14:51 | Report Abuse

The best debater create the worst invention
And te problem in this world is too many of those debater who only know how to complaint

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 14:55 | Report Abuse

Wow do you think Japanese can speak good English
We all know Japanese create a lot of useful invention
But do they speak English?

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 14:56 | Report Abuse

How many name do you need?
I can name all Japanese it will be around few million names

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-04-26 14:58 | Report Abuse

Christensen,
So I put it to you that you are referring to the great inventors in this world who do not speak English or have poor command of English. I also put it to you that you do not have any specific names of persons who are Malaysians who were great inventors that speak no English or little English. Are you also stating that there are no great english speaking inventors in this world ?

That being so, what is the basis of your statements? What are you driving at?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-04-26 15:01 | Report Abuse

Christensen, It is up to you to decide how many names to support your point of contention. This is entirely your responsibility, your accountability to your own self and taking ownership for making such statements here.

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 15:16 | Report Abuse

This is a investment forum
I don't why it will bring up to this point
However it is not a good time to discuss it here

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 15:18 | Report Abuse

One good things to remember is Albert Einstein do not speak good English
Isn't him?

Posted by Christensen > 2015-04-26 15:24 | Report Abuse

Albert Einstein barely fail in linguistic test
He is a failure in your eye

Post a Comment
Market Buzz