7 people like this.

144 comment(s). Last comment by Ym Lok 2015-06-17 19:25

Posted by erwinsftan > 2015-06-05 13:56 | Report Abuse

MoneyFace88, you are right, no point debating and arguing here. I3 is for sharing investment ideas; as far as substance and coaching newbies on the possible pitfalls and on value investing is concerned, definitely KCChong wins hands down. There is no doubt about it. Making a lot of money from other factors, instinct, guesswork, margin financing etc ............. well.... there are lucky ones who were born at the right time, right place etc...but that doesn't mean that this feat can be repeated and duplicated. Thousands of people who did that lost their pants, and hence could not be as charitable as they would have wished to. Period.

And I have to disagree with you on the share price as the indicator of more substance...sometimes it takes the market a very long time to realize the full value of a stock and vice versa. There was a time that even unconvertible loan stocks sold at way above its par value.....price dictated by irrational exuberance; or Hwa Tai selling at perhaps 100X its worth by any measure.

Posted by SentulMali > 2015-06-05 14:47 | Report Abuse

I am an avid fan of KYY but for him to criticise another whose opinion differs from him seems a wee bit immatured. Everybody is entitled to an opinion or two and it is known that no 2 person will think alike or else the market will only have everyone either buying or selling instead of some buying and some selling. Does it matter who is right or wrong on VS price since what goes up normally also come down and vice versa. So both will be right and also wrong!!!!At least KYY is brave enough to show his face not like most(me included) who hides behind an avatar.LOL

coolio

620 posts

Posted by coolio > 2015-06-05 15:07 | Report Abuse

A so call noble person like KYY should not use harsh words,look down & attack people if others dont agree with your stock pick. KC intention is for sharing knowledge & exchanging ideas where everyone can contribute & learn from this forum. He should apologise to KC & others

cheeseburger

2,773 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2015-06-05 15:20 | Report Abuse

agree...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-05 15:50 | Report Abuse

Coolio, thanks for your kind thought. It's Ok if the old man refused to say sorry to me. He is a high ego elderly people and i fully understand that.

I love him for his contributions to charities. I will forgive n forget.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-05 16:36 | Report Abuse

Most importantly, love is never to say u are sorry....

haikeyila

1,063 posts

Posted by haikeyila > 2015-06-05 18:05 | Report Abuse

Shifu bai fang li was a true angel. Let us not bother with the second part of the article

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2015-06-05 18:20 | Report Abuse

What an arrogant old man that totally can't accept any view that differ from him. You are just another dictator like our evil Dr M! KC had been contributing and teaching us for free all the whiles. What had you done? You are here to manipulate stocks and your past recommendation all sank! Yet you still dare to tease the great KC Chong! Shame on you!!!

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2015-06-05 18:22 | Report Abuse

Another thing price is not equivalent to value! KC is discussing value with us. Enough for me to reply a shameless arrogant old man!

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-05 18:27 | Report Abuse

But koon koon donates to 30 students every year.....

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-06-05 23:59 | Report Abuse

Charity is good but KYY, in investing it isnt picking your favourite soccer team, saying someone is stupid doesnt make you intelligent, VS price shooting up doesnt mean your investment thesis is correct in the short term. Rather you should be asking what is the rational behind that people disagree with your investment thesis? Am i overconfident? Are the facts being questioned valid? Whats my edge in this investment over others?

But then again, since you will be selling once the counter profit has drop for 2 consecutive quarter, quality of the stock is less of importance to you, but more like riding on the trend where all speculators follows, just that you have the ability to do it faster than majority of them. However do be aware that sometimes it can be hard to find out the market expectation of certain counter and if the market has already 'find out' the potential earning growth of the counter, perhaps before you did and you assume you are the first! and thus 'priced in' into current share price. Case in point IFA where quarter report shows tremendous growth and yet share price got decimated, precisely because market expectation are so high and share price has reflected that expectation. The magnitude of going down is way too large than going up. Large downside, minimal upside.

Posted by chinamancrook > 2015-06-06 00:02 | Report Abuse

A father allegedly beat his nine-year-old son to death for teasing a younger sibling, according to initial investigations in the case of a boy whose remains were found buried under the kitchen of a double-storey terrace house in Taman Usaha Jaya, Kepong.

In a report by the New Straits Times, the 33-year-old alleged loan shark had beaten and punched the boy to death about two months ago as the terrified mother and siblings looked on.

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2015-06-06 04:06 | Report Abuse

hi Invest88 my long time good i3 buddy :) busy but am doing well n hope you're doing good as well :) thanks for always asking :) whenever get a chance will always read kc's articles n nowdays mostly spend the free time at my 2 fav counters MMS n General 'wolf' Lee's one for my entertainment especially the latter LOL

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2015-06-06 04:46 | Report Abuse

fortunebullz KC Chong can be very blunt but I have no issues with him evendo we had spat year ago! He even took the challenge of taking Master in Finance which I am sure enrich him further! Charity is subjective thing! In fact KC Chong is the most generous contributor in i3investor! He is not stingy to share his knowledge in FA evendo he is non believer in TA! But that's okay! As long as you get your result! KC Chong is Malaysia very own Ban Fang Li pulling FA rickshaw sharing it for free to all freeloaders in here! He enrich not 300 but perhaps 3 millions in Malaysia! Kadoos old nemesis!

05/06/2015 11:12

wow did I read wrongly??? - is tat really u fortunebullz ????? - the 1 dollar margin superinvestor??? o.k o.k give u benefit of a doubt
first time this bull talks sense instead of bullshitting around LOL
P/s sorry ha juz like to have a little fun with u :) - kadoos Bullzie

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-06 06:54 | Report Abuse

“Games are won by players who focus on the playing field –- not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard.”
― Warren Buffett

Even Warren Buffet KNOWS FOR SURE that VALUE is created by those who focus on the playing field.

So what is VALUE? The usual approach is as follows

- DCF? one need to impute assumptions and different assumptions will give different values
- NTA?
- NAV?
- EPS?
- PE?
- PEG?
- Net Cash per share?

Lets face it...there is no one absolute value of a particular company but different values based on the varying methods in determining value of a company at one point in time...SO THE FACT IS THERE ARE DIFFERING VALUES OF A PARTICULAR COMPANY at one point in time...These VALUES are determined from scoreboard info where the eyes can easily glue onto...Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports

Can anyone determine VALUE with high degree of confidence? Moreover VALUES DIFFER FOR DIFFERENT ASSUMPTIONS,DIFFERENT METHODOLOGY...

SO THE NEXT QUESTION IS....IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO DETERMINE VALUE???

Warren Buffet had stated that “Games are won by players who focus on the playing field"

So what does that mean? To me its very simple...it is PLAYERS in the playing field who invest time, money to improvise, enhance its business model that empowers the company to deliver increasing INCREASING TURNOVER, INCREASING PROFITS, INCREASING EPS..If a company uses its internal funds or source external funds to empower its business model ...why not???

I AGREE WITH MR KOON YEW YIN METHOD IN DETERMINING VALUE FROM A BUSINESSMAN PERSPECTIVE

singkalan

88 posts

Posted by singkalan > 2015-06-06 07:11 | Report Abuse

KYY is certainly a very self-centered ego man who wanted respect from others. Robert Kouk, Li Ka Shing, Warren Buffets, Bill Gates and many other successful businessmen certainly contribute to the charity. But KYY likes to boast so much for his small scholarships given to a number of students each year! To me, he is a typical businessman who only interested in profits. Understand his modus operandi, you will be safe. When you cant take the heat from those have different views with you, you are certainly not as great as you thought! It has been proven from many of his postings. Attacking people like KC is certainly uncool. It tells me a lot about KYY.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-06 07:20 | Report Abuse

singkalan,
Are you not interested in making profits in stock investment? So what is the difference between you as an investor and a businessman?

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-06-06 07:44 | Report Abuse

Frank Soweto! You have been asskissing Kcchongnz for so long till no one knew you exist!

moven00

705 posts

Posted by moven00 > 2015-06-06 07:53 | Report Abuse

Frank Soweto,

You over praise KCChongNz. Not that right though.

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2015-06-06 08:16 | Report Abuse

Posted by fortunebullz > Jun 6, 2015 07:44 AM | Report Abuse

Frank Soweto! You have been asskissing Kcchongnz for so long till no one knew you exist!

hehe quick2 copy this one first before gone LOL
dunno about asskissing - not my kind of past time activity LOL but I do show gratitude when I learn from the best n that also include my other good fren KC Loh too n am very fortunate to come across them unlike some half past six sifut wannabes hehe
No worries I'm not important so no need for anyone to know I exist :)but I do hope this 2 KC will exist for a loooong time to come so I can continue to learn from them n continue to show my appreciation - I hope u have no problem with it :)

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2015-06-06 08:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by moven00 > Jun 6, 2015 07:53 AM | Report Abuse

Frank Soweto,
You over praise KCChongNz. Not that right though.

Thanks for your concern. that's juz me - am not afraid to show my gratitude :) u should ask the other KC about the overpraise LOL

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-06-06 08:46 | Report Abuse

1. If 2 years ago you didnt see VS will have a jump on their EPS today, how are you going to tell it will continue 2 years from today?

2. Internal & External funds to enhance business model. Did their business model changed? From my understanding they're merely expanding existing business model, not shifting. And you are welcome to explain how VS is going to earn ROE above cost of capital because they have not done so for the past decade.

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-06-06 08:52 | Report Abuse

"SO THE FACT IS THERE ARE DIFFERING VALUES OF A PARTICULAR COMPANY at one point in time...These VALUES are determined from scoreboard info where the eyes can easily glue onto...Annual Reports, Quarterly Reports.."

So you are saying before 2014, the intrinsic value of VS is $1.50 because AR & QR told you so and suddenly AR & QR tell you now the intrinsic value suppose to be above $4.50?

Or before 2014 after reading AR & QR you already know VS actually worth more than $4.50 not $1.50?

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-06-06 09:06 | Report Abuse

well the answer is obvious, the question is has the current price already reflected the expected future EPS, if it hasn't, you need to tell me what is the intrinsic value of VS at this point in time

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-06 09:07 | Report Abuse

JT Yeo, Do u choose to invest in companies where EPS is stagnant , EPS decreasing or no EPS or erratic EPS but with reasonable net cash/share?

Or do u prefer to invest in companies that shows increasing EPS? Or companies that improves on its biz model and work towards getting closer to its customers?

Or do you still clamour for high end finance to give you the highest degree of confidence?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-06 09:12 | Report Abuse

JT Yeo,
VS rolling 4Q forecast is 45.1 cents/share. So what is the PE that you will give to VS biz? What is the PE for a growth company in the industry that VS competes in??

How will you determine VS value in the degree of closeness it has developed with one of its key customers??

Do you still clamour for and/or yearn for high end finance with reported past financial infos to give you the comfort zone with highest degree of confidence??

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-06-06 09:12 | Report Abuse

i dont clamour high end finance, just that i dont see how qualitative side of this business can make me wanna pay at this price, therefore i focus on quantitative side which has a higher probability of being right

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-06 09:15 | Report Abuse

I focus on the qualitative side..quantitative is just a guide..of course I will not go for any loss making companies or companies with zero assets that can generate revenue, profits..

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-06-06 09:42 | Report Abuse

nothing wrong with qualitative, but you have to make sure they really have one. TBH, don't use PE to get your intrinsic value

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2015-06-06 21:32 | Report Abuse

Frank - on fortunebull, I tend to agree with your views on this "RM1 ringgit margin super investor" :)

Posted by Frank Soweto > Jun 6, 2015 04:46 AM | Report Abuse

fortunebullz KC Chong can be very blunt but I have no issues with him evendo we had spat year ago! He even took the challenge of taking Master in Finance which I am sure enrich him further! Charity is subjective thing! In fact KC Chong is the most generous contributor in i3investor! He is not stingy to share his knowledge in FA evendo he is non believer in TA! But that's okay! As long as you get your result! KC Chong is Malaysia very own Ban Fang Li pulling FA rickshaw sharing it for free to all freeloaders in here! He enrich not 300 but perhaps 3 millions in Malaysia! Kadoos old nemesis!

05/06/2015 11:12

wow did I read wrongly??? - is tat really u fortunebullz ????? - the 1 dollar margin superinvestor??? o.k o.k give u benefit of a doubt
first time this bull talks sense instead of bullshitting around LOL
P/s sorry ha juz like to have a little fun with u :) - kadoos Bullzie

nklye

844 posts

Posted by nklye > 2015-06-07 01:53 | Report Abuse

Dear Uncle Koon Yew Ying,
truthfully I admire your ability to trade in the stock market and to make money from it.
I am more admire that you give some of those money you have made it for charity especially scholarship
for needy students. Not many are willing to do such thing, to part the money they think they have
earned it in a very hard way and to simply give away to strangers they don't even who are they. Hopefully
those students you have/are sponsored/ing will emulate your footsteps to become philanthropies themselves
to help more needy children in future.
If I have a lot of money, most propably I will do the same. But alas I don't have though I have struggled for more than 30 years in public sector.
However if one going to new villages one still can see so many old wooden houses like in the 60s or 70s. I can
imagine the inhabitants in these houses were poor at that time. But till this time I can see the inhabitants in these
houses are not that poor actually. Some have few cars parked in front of the houses and some luxuries items inside these houses. These houses may look old and one though must from poor class. But we cannot just categories them as poor. The members of the families may have other properties in other areas and probabily may be rich.
What I want to say is to categories poor family nowdays is no more at the level below RM3,000. It's ridiculous.
To further study at tetiary level those families with RM15,000 per month may just have enough to support their
child to further study, more so in private universities and surely can't say to study oversea. How about if the families have more than one child to support.
Therefore the Penang government come out with the idea of giving scholarship for families with salary below RM15K is more relevant and logical compare to many instituition and that include yours.
So Uncle Koon your criteria of poor family with income RM3,000 is no more relevant. If you really want to see those talented kids to fulfill their ambition to be somebody in future based on their choice and talent then the true
philanthropies must willing to sponsor these talented kids not merely based on the kids families income at RM3,000.
Example, many kids want to do certain high demanding professional courses. Many could not get the place in the public universities because of the rules set up by the authority. But these kids are so keen to take up those courses and the private universities are willing to take them up. But the families of these kids cannot afford to support their children to take up these courses though may be they have the salary of RM10K. In the end these kids have to abandon their desire and talent to take up any secondary courses offered to them by the public universities or cheaper courses at private universities.
Uncle Koon, if one wants to be a true philanthropy, he or she must willing change the criteria of sponsorship nor merely based on a fixed income of the child's family that many consider as poor. It should also include the desire and talent of the kids to pursue their ambition. Some philanthropies may have limitation in their fund of sponsorship but may be they could give a certain percentage of sponsorship of the kids' study.
What I want emphasis, Uncle Koon, don't limit down the pool of talent that lies in our kids by the RM3000 income limit.
Perhaps Uncle Koon, you may come out with a plan that truly talented kids may get your sponsorship but they are not merely from the below RM3K family. The kids may be from lower middle class family who still cannot sponsor fully their children's ambition to study in a demanding course.
Hopefully these children will genuinely come out execellently from their study and be very successful in their carrier and later to fulfill your desire to see them as philanthropies themselves.
From my experience and observersion kids from middle class families loose out the most compare to poor (questionable) and rich families. Talented children from poor families has a very high chances to get sposorship from many sources. Children from really rich family have no problem because their parents can afford that. Then how about those from middle class?.
Thank you Uncle Koon.

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2015-06-07 07:52 | Report Abuse

Haha the legendary fortunebullz rm1 ...

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-06-07 09:37 | Report Abuse

断章取义、栽赃嫁祸、居心叵测

"NOTE: ....Unfortunately there are a few critics like murali, KC Chong and a few stupid critics do not believe me. ...."

I read repeatedly but CANNOT find Mr. Koon used the word "stupid" on KC. The word stupid refers to “other” a few critics.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 10:37 | Report Abuse

Yeap,only murali n kc cheong are critics,or smart critics I presumed......others are stupid critics

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 10:39 | Report Abuse

Though some claimed I always talked rubbish...but koon koon knows I always give constructive ideas to him...unlike other stupid critics

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 10:39 | Report Abuse

Suntzhe,I think u owe me an apology.....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 10:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by sunztzhe > Jun 5, 2015 09:09 AM | Report Abuse

Murali, You are full of garbage, you speak garbage, you are full of hatred....I really feel sorry for you..you dont even contribute positively to this forum...you have a personal vendetta against Mr Koon and people who do not agree with your garbage views...what is your objective in writing such jaundiced garbage crap which only shows that who you really are...why do you persist in your personal vendetta against forumers here? What do you hope to gain from such actions ?? you are indeed a garbage and you have convincingly shown to all forumers here and I pray to God almighty that you will find the wisdom to change your ways ...

Better change your ways before its too late ...before you face almighty god ...ni nasihat utk kebaikan anda.

Posted by sunztzhe > Jun 5, 2015 09:16 AM | Report Abuse

Murali, What gives you the right to tell others what to do? Why are you behaving and acting as if you are one up on the others? Are you telling the rest of the forumers here that you are higher than them and consequently they should listen to your crappy views? Have you ever asked yourself on the root causal factor of you having a higher than thou attitude?

Who are you? Are you God almighty?

Posted by sunztzhe > Jun 5, 2015 09:33 AM | Report Abuse

Murali,
KC, OTB have different views but they do not behave in the way that you had behaved all along....sorry to say this bluntly in your face...you are not as yet in the league of KC and OTB...maybe that is hope and chance that you will improve in the future and contribute some good articles on investment rather than continue in your personal vendetta against Mr Koon and the others which serves no purpose whatsoever...

Have you ever taken a real objective hard look at your yourself facing the mirror and ask yourself why are you persisting in your personal vendetta? This forum is about sharing investment ideas...this forum is not for spewing hatred, venom and airing personal vendetta...

Sunztzhe, dont be shy to say the 5 letters word....be a nice boy...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 10:44 | Report Abuse

Posted by bsngpg > Jun 7, 2015 09:37 AM | Report Abuse

断章取义、栽赃嫁祸、居心叵测

"NOTE: ....Unfortunately there are a few critics like murali, KC Chong and a few stupid critics do not believe me. ...."

I read repeatedly but CANNOT find Mr. Koon used the word "stupid" on KC. The word stupid refers to “other” a few critics.

Even a PLP guy knows......

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 10:45 | Report Abuse

You are Sunztzhe woh.......

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2015-06-07 10:54 | Report Abuse

Posted by murali > Jun 4, 2015 12:07 PM | Report Abuse

All my wealth is from my share investment. Unfortunately there are a few critics like murali, KC Chong and a few stupid critics do not believe me. They should examine their own track record to see how well they have performed.

Hmmm.....I supposed to be mad for being called a stupid idiot by Koon Koon...but instead I feel proud to be grouped together with KC...

If someone eagerly wants to admit and declare himself as STUPID IDIOT, please do not put your words into mouth of Mr Koon and please do not pull respected KC into your retarded action. Dare to put up the dirty words but dare not to admit is the action of coward.

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-06-07 11:01 | Report Abuse

Self appointed wise 'koon' calling others stupid idiot

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 11:06 | Report Abuse

Plp man,with yr clarifications now i know koon koon is not scolding me n kc...no worries

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-07 11:08 | Report Abuse

But he is still scolding other stupid critics loh...pity for them

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-06-07 11:14 | Report Abuse

Every time KYY issue call to buy latitude and Vs, he is selling them to 'koon' newbies

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-06-07 11:21 | Report Abuse

Want to hear his big 'koon' lies? Here:-

He said he reject datukship but self calling himself Datuk Koon Yew Yin and confirm Mudajya powerplant in India will start 2014....even calling others stupid idiots for opposing him

http://sharenkaur.blogspot.com/2013/01/mudajayas-myanmar-power-plant-job-set.html

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-06-10 17:04 | Report Abuse

How now.....kena 'koon' in VS

icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by icon8888 > 2015-06-15 21:36 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon got 15 mil shares ? How to sell ? Headache headache

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-15 22:08 | Report Abuse

Open few more threads to promote in i3....

gkheng

135 posts

Posted by gkheng > 2015-06-15 22:51 | Report Abuse

who got more money, who wins lah

Ym Lok

1 posts

Posted by Ym Lok > 2015-06-17 19:25 | Report Abuse

hahah after i read the comment, i felt very funny. Anyhow, buy or sell with your own risk, then everyone will happy :)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz