7 people like this.

144 comment(s). Last comment by Ym Lok 2015-06-17 19:25

calvintaneng

53,355 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-06-04 12:02 | Report Abuse

Haha!

There you go again. Charity work is commendable. Keep it up. Christians also do lots of charity work on the quiet since Jesus said don't let your left hand of popularity know what your right hand of charity is doing. Or else you won't get reward from heaven.

As for all furniture stocks it was KcChongNz who first highlighted it. And I told people to buy all furniture stocks in his posting.

KcChongnz is like a weighing machine. He just give the figures as they are. No more. No less. However, over a short period the stock market is a voting machine. But over a longer period the share market turns into a weighing machine

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 12:07 | Report Abuse

All my wealth is from my share investment. Unfortunately there are a few critics like murali, KC Chong and a few stupid critics do not believe me. They should examine their own track record to see how well they have performed.

Hmmm.....I supposed to be mad for being called a stupid idiot by Koon Koon...but instead I feel proud to be grouped together with KC...

Posted by novice05 > 2015-06-04 12:07 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon,I don't see I KC Chong criticized you he just sharing his opinion.Money can't buy respect.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 12:10 | Report Abuse

As you know, KC Chong has written a few articles to discourage people from buying VS Industry. He uses all his accounting jargons to impress you. But the price of VS is shooting up like a rocket.

He should realize his mistake after he posted his 1st article on VS. He posted another and another while the price keeps going up while I am laughing all the way to my bank.

This is Koon Koon's jungle law....when the prices go up sure it's a good counter....whether Koon Koon uses his margin account to push it up...money is everything in Koon Koon's jungle...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 12:11 | Report Abuse

Money n age cant buy respect...even all yr PR job of donating to 30 students a year cant buy much.....

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-06-04 12:12 | Report Abuse

Do your charity, and shut up

No need to go around and blow your trumpet

Anyway, the amount you donated is minute compared to your wealth. I donate more than u in terms of percentage

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 12:14 | Report Abuse

Me too, Koon Koon, I donate much more than you every year in terms of percentage over my net assets...Millions...but in cents....

chonghai

478 posts

Posted by chonghai > 2015-06-04 13:07 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, don't understand why you are taking at swipe at KC Chong at the end of your inspiring story.

KC Chong is analyzing the past performance of VS. The selling point of VS is the potential revenue from KEURIG. Looking at the past will give us a clear picture that VS is in an industry that is bad for capital. However, past financial reports may not paint a clear picture of future. I am holding on to VS because I believe revenue from KEURIG could be a turning point for VS. I am holding on to VS because I believe more and more OEM will leave China due to rising cost and VS is in the right position to reap the windfall.

If you pay attention to KC Chong's stock pick, 3 major characteristics:
1). Company that are sitting on assets that is far above the EV of the company.
2). Company that has a very good ROIC and cash flow.
3). Company that has been consistent in their past financial performance.
KC Chong is looking at a company through rear view mirror and as a result, he will pay a higher price for the criteria that he wants.

Latitud, Hevea, Prolexus, VS, Po Huat are all turn around companies. It is very logical that these companies does not fit KC Chong's criteria. Probably 2 years from now some of them will if they can be consistent. I have VS and I continue to hold VS and I don't think KC Chong's article is going to change my opinion on VS. Revenue of VS will.

The "stick" is different. Therefore the result is different. No need to be surprised or irritated.

NOBY

936 posts

Posted by NOBY > 2015-06-04 13:40 | Report Abuse

"NOTE: All my wealth is from my share investment. Unfortunately there are a few critics like murali, KC Chong and a few stupid critics do not believe me. They should examine their own track record to see how well they have performed.

As you know, KC Chong has written a few articles to discourage people from buying VS Industry. He uses all his accounting jargons to impress you. But the price of VS is shooting up like a rocket.

He should realize his mistake after he posted his 1st article on VS. He posted another and another while the price keeps going up while I am laughing all the way to my bank."

I dont think KC ever criticize you. I m not sure why you feel that when someone writes opposite views on the stocks you own, you consider them your critics.

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2015-06-04 13:43 | Report Abuse

I think we should be appreciate if someone spend time to research and provide their view on the company which is our core holdings. Be it a positive or negative feedback.

The more we understand the company, the better.

Don't you agree?

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2015-06-04 13:44 | Report Abuse

Murali, uncle labelled you as stupid idiot, he did not group you together with kcchongnz who can perform superb analysis. Read the above article again.

kmohan62

484 posts

Posted by kmohan62 > 2015-06-04 13:44 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon Yew Yin..you are doing a great job not only providing scholarship for the needy students though some may not have the requisite academic qualifications to secure a government hand out but you are also sharing your investment philosophy and secrets with the readers.I like your philosophy in life that is to share with the needy ones for I believe it makes one's life more meaningful.Besides I do also appreciate whatever investment tips you part with the forum goers at large and I strongly believe that your writings have helped me a lot in opening up my investment outlook and strategy.Though I have not so far invested in those companies you have recommended as I have already committed all my fund in a certain company which I believe holds good potential in the mid to long term horizon I do keep up with your recommendations of companies and do a follow up research of sort for future reference.Of course there there some recalcitrants who are born to criticise other people's opinions as I believe these people suffer from a certain kind of inferiority or perhaps edifice complex.I hope you ignore these pest and march on unperturbed with your ultruistic duties if I can it one for lack of better terms.Thanks,Mr Koon.

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2015-06-04 13:47 | Report Abuse

Jangan marah murali...Don't simply shoot at Uncle who has done a lot for us the forummers. Though I was upset by Uncle's recommended Jtiasa/Mudajya, but I have learnt a lot from him. Uncle only prescribed the practical ways of making money.

Posted by Intelligent Investor > 2015-06-04 13:48 | Report Abuse

There is different stlye in stock investment.

Some peoples like to invest in asset based company (e.g. Graham), some people like to invest in company with consistent earnings and good moat when the price is cheap (e.g. Buffett), some people like the turnaround and cyclical play (e.g. Mr. Koon).

All roads lead to Rome. I think there is no right or wrong. And, it is not necessary everyone choose the same path.

Like Deng Xiaoping said "It doesn't matter whether a cat is white or black, as long as it catches mice."

Do we need to attack if some peoples not agree with the approach where we are using?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-04 13:54 | Report Abuse

Let's look at the big picture message of Mr Koon Yew Yin...Mr Koon's main message is encourage i3 forumers to have a heart of gold to help the needy no matter how much is the amount. He has done his share and is still doing his share to help the needy poor as he has more money than he requires.

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-04 14:02 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon's investment advise all along is to develop a businessman mindset to invest in companies where the controlling shareholders had invested their time, money to improvised further its biz model which further empowers the company to deliver increasing profits and increasing EPS over time. Of course the weakened Ringgit is a bonus factor but the primary root causal factor is the improved biz model that empowers further gains in turnover, profits and EPS.

kai8994

393 posts

Posted by kai8994 > 2015-06-04 14:25 | Report Abuse

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/stock_pick_challenge_2013_2h/40360.jsp

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/66908.jsp

KC shared the good thing about furniture stocks since Nov 2013. I suggest to understand KC and learn more about his contribution before taking a swipe at him.

kmohan62

484 posts

Posted by kmohan62 > 2015-06-04 14:30 | Report Abuse

Hi Mr Murali Thambi, You yourself have admitted albeit inconspicuously that you are not anywhere near Mr Koon when comes to wealth...so just listen up to what Mr Koon has to say and learn a thing or two...you are just trying to act too smart for your own good!!

albukhary

2,731 posts

Posted by albukhary > 2015-06-04 14:32 | Report Abuse

Even Warren Buffet never dare to call people "stupid", how are you are?

sunztzhe

2,248 posts

Posted by sunztzhe > 2015-06-04 14:53 | Report Abuse

“Games are won by players who focus on the playing field –- not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard.”
― Warren Buffett

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 14:57 | Report Abuse

Kmohan62 Ane, so Koon Koon ask us to buy then we buy?Koon Koon ask us to sell so we sell....Coz Koon Koon is richier than most of us here...and his England is good too

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 14:59 | Report Abuse

Kmohan62 n Sunztzhe, what really are your relationship with Koon Koon? Are you families members of him? Or having some sort of biz with him?

Posted by Tey Tian Foo > 2015-06-04 14:59 | Report Abuse

Good Job KYY. Respect you.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:02 | Report Abuse

All my wealth is from my share investment. Unfortunately there are a few critics like murali, KC Chong and a few stupid critics do not believe me. They should examine their own track record to see how well they have performed.

Matakuda, I guess I made a mistake here. Both KC n myself are his critics only, not stupid critics...We are smart critics I presumed...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:02 | Report Abuse

Dont know who are those stupid critics as indicated by Koon Koon...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:05 | Report Abuse

I hope these stupid critics of Koon Koon could realise, when u make critics U must always be constructive, like KC n myself...Dont simply take personal attacks like saying people stupid, England no good etc...that is low class...

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-06-04 15:17 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon, with all due respect the remark against KC Chong is punching below the belt. KC's articles are analytical and unbiased and accusing him of "discouraging" others to buy VS is uncalled for. While most people do not have the intellectual motivation to engage in deep analytical studies of financial report, why do you pour cold water on people like KC who do? As a philanthropist who sponsors students, don't you think you should welcome dissenting viewpoints based on sound logic, or would you prefer to surround yourself with sycophant like UMNO? You have enough cash to influence the share prices of small cap stocks, don't you think that challenging others like KC who may not have the financial muscle you have is a bit infantile?

kmohan62

484 posts

Posted by kmohan62 > 2015-06-04 15:32 | Report Abuse

Thambi Murali, you are either missing the forest for the trees or just plain stupid...what i asked you for is to learn from experienced people and don't criticise for the sake of criticising...can you please show me if you have contributed any articles of worth ..only losers keep on criticising others without able to contribute constructively...and for your information.. I don't have any sort of biz with Mr.Koon neither am I related to him as you can see from my name I am an Indian and Mr Koon is a Chinese...despite that I respect and willing to learn from anyone whose is a good teacher...sorry you definitely do not fall in that category..unless of course if you could write an investment article or two at least a faction as good as Mr Koon's or Mr KC Chong and OTB which is worth my while or any other forum members'

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:35 | Report Abuse

But I did save many people from stopping them to buy Jtiasa, Mudajaya from Koon Koon at high price last time....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:37 | Report Abuse

And I also alerted many people here not to fell into Koon Koon's trap again....any many agreed with me....

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/71737.jsp

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:38 | Report Abuse

I guess those are constructive as well...isn't it?

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:46 | Report Abuse

We are not in North Korea n Koon Koon is not Kim.....although he is the richiest and eldest among us....We dont have to follow every damn thing he says...and we shall not be executed for having different opinion from him..... I hope lah...I also scare....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 15:46 | Report Abuse

I hope, I wish, I pray that Koon Koon shall not turn into Kim Kim...amen..

Berlin

258 posts

Posted by Berlin > 2015-06-04 16:24 | Report Abuse

When you have more money than you require, you should donate the surplus to deserving charities in your lifetime and not claim to want to do it only after you die. For accountability and transparency, form a charitable trust, vest RM20 million in it, so people can see you actually put your money where your mouth is. The colour of your money is important to convince skeptics. As it is, all this shouting about helping poor students is not transparent and does not demand great expense. How much for one foundation year in UTAR anyway? And so much publicity milked from it.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 16:28 | Report Abuse

So far around 300 poor students received scholarships from Koon Koon, as he claimded Assuming this is done in a matter of 10 years, there will be about 30 students a year. Say each one receive RM5K-RM10 K, there will be about RM150K-RM300k a year. Wah, lots of money to me, who still owed A Long, but sup sup water to Koon Koon....Small money for him to buy big publicity...value for money....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 16:31 | Report Abuse

With millions of profit made this year, I hope Koon Koon is not only happily laughing all the way to his bank....I hope Koon Koon will donate more this year and the poors will be lauging all the way to Koon Koon...

"He should realize his mistake after he posted his 1st article on VS. He posted another and another while the price keeps going up while I am laughing all the way to my bank."

fast

2,680 posts

Posted by fast > 2015-06-04 16:32 | Report Abuse

Obviously Mr. Koon is a better investor than KC chong...

Berlin

258 posts

Posted by Berlin > 2015-06-04 16:43 | Report Abuse

He claim this and he claim that. But who really knows? Why make small money speculating on smallish Bursa when as a super investor you can play with the big boys on HKSE? This Koon fella sounds more like a confidence trickster or boaster going by his sense of self importance.

tkt66

20 posts

Posted by tkt66 > 2015-06-04 17:40 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon and Mr. Chong are excellent investors to me. We should thank them for their willingness to share with us their valuable knowledge and experience.

tkt66

20 posts

Posted by tkt66 > 2015-06-04 17:42 | Report Abuse

Mr. Chong and Mr. Koon, thank you and hope that you guys are doing very well in your investments.

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2015-06-04 17:42 | Report Abuse

When I read the story of Bai Fang Li, I actually felt so sad! What happen to millions of multimillionaires in China! Are they so cold hearted that they don't even have the soul to donated peanut of their wealth! This is complete tragic situation in China!

limchimleong

1,732 posts

Posted by limchimleong > 2015-06-04 18:19 | Report Abuse

积善之家,必有余庆!those accumulate goodness, deserve to have good care from God!

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-06-04 18:26 | Report Abuse

Donate more....goreng less......longer ears...better Kama..

cpng

1,575 posts

Posted by cpng > 2015-06-04 18:43 | Report Abuse

老koon一句话,就是有钱大完!

我们散户要自求多福。

kmohan62

484 posts

Posted by kmohan62 > 2015-06-04 20:21 | Report Abuse

Hi Thambi Murali...I should concede that you have bought yourself some free publicity..proving beyond reasonable doubt what a loser you are.. !!

Posted by leecheecheang > 2015-06-04 20:27 | Report Abuse

pls respect the elders.

Posted by leecheecheang > 2015-06-04 20:29 | Report Abuse

mr.koon is kind enough to share.

zy Ma

10 posts

Posted by zy Ma > 2015-06-04 20:45 |

Post removed.Why?

matakuda

530 posts

Posted by matakuda > 2015-06-04 21:13 | Report Abuse

Uncle, thanks a lot!