9 people like this.

114 comment(s). Last comment by geary 2015-11-03 22:06

amkong

27 posts

Posted by amkong > 2015-10-22 11:18 | Report Abuse

KYY is just trying to share his knowledge. If you don't think much of him as a stock picker, then don't follow his stock picks. Sometimes he gets it right like VS and sometimes he gets it wrong like Jaya Tiasa. He is no different than any other investor.

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-10-22 11:21 | Report Abuse

Posted by unclejoe > Oct 22, 2015 10:37 AM | Report Abuse

Hi KC,

Please, don’t be affected by KYY, not worth it.
Time will tell, when reality set in.

Also, was told that KYY humiliated his own brother and nephew during his birthday lunch in front of 200 guests in Ipoh recently. Sigh….

Take care and keep up the good works.

Posted by winwinyarazhi > 2015-10-22 14:09 | Report Abuse

Ppl earn money ..will say VS good counter"
Ppl lose money will say VS no worth to invest.
How to measure?
Looking back the every qtr..
Got better and better?
Share price up and up?
Dividend pay and pay?
Enough.....that's all.

HITnRUN

297 posts

Posted by HITnRUN > 2015-10-22 16:18 | Report Abuse

In this stock world, never trust anybody, trust only yourself..

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-10-24 13:06 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon got an entrepreneur or businessman vision of how businesses are run. U think it is so easy to fully understand a business model n processes? Most of the company in Bursa has short term competitive advantage, so we need to check whether the EPS got positive every quarter. The main focus is the growth, how high the growth, and profit should be higher than last year. and project next year will be higher. If profit is negative u should sell the stock. FCF or free cash flow, need to be allocated efficiently. Debt should be reasonable, at least less than 5 times of net profits. Negative FCF does not equate that the company can't survive in d long run. If earnings growth is fantastic, within 5 years, they can settle all the total debts. Too much FCF, if the managements are not honest or candid, no efficiency in allocating the $, sure the company will be dead. Actually investing are very simple, only some geniuses want to make it so... difficult.

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-10-27 14:59 | Report Abuse

Please be reminded don't fall in love with whatever company u buy, even it belongs to your beloved family members. Business is $ and Mr Market has no emotion, he treats everyone fairly, it is how u want to make use of Mr Market. Take advantage when he is so... pessimistic and be afraid when he is so... optimistic. The important facts are do u know which company to buy, when Mr Market is so... pessimistic? I tell u what u should do! Only maybe around less than 50 companies in Bursa are good, and within the 50 there are around 30 that are above average. So these 30 are having average ROE maybe 5 years average that are above 12%, plus above 12% of ROTC-Return of Total Capital. The most important facts are the EPS growth, the higher the better, and the price will shoot up like rocket, but sometimes u need to be very, very patient and be very, very discipline. If the company has a strong earnings per share trends, u got to buy when there are correction. The last thing u need to do, is when u should sell! That is crucial, this is when u earn tons of $$$. So when?, business environment changes, negative or earnings downward trends, management dishonest and the PE above 30 plus for Bursa. When earnings is negative or downward trends, the ROE and ROTC also go down, but PE goes up! When PE are all above 30, in these good companies, then the bubbles are going to POP!!!

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-10-29 21:59 | Report Abuse

Ha...! why so quiet everyone? Okay now i would like to project the price of V.S. the next 2 years, to cut down margin of error. U can project for 5 years but maybe not so accurate. Since the per share earnings increased by average 50% of Rm 0.13, the compounding return using d per share earnings growth will be Rm 0.29 times average PE of 10. So u got maybe approximately Rm 2.90. So if u bought at maybe 1.45 per lot, in 2 years u got 100% return, dividend, free warrant, etc not included yet. So one year your return is 50% plus. If u can do it for more than 40 years, like what Buffett did, return of more than 20%, u will be better than Uncle Buffett, Ha...!

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-10-29 23:07 | Report Abuse

The Tao of Warren Buffett. "Rule No. 1 : Never lose money. Rule No. 2 : Never forget rule No. 1.""Accounting is the language of business.""You should invest in a business that even a fool can run, because someday a fool will.""With enough inside info and a million dollars, you can go broke in a year.""If calculus or algebra were required to be a great investor, I'd have to go back delivering newspaper.""It amazes me how high IQ people mindlessly imitate, i never get good ideas talking to other people."The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.""There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.""Diversification is a protection against ignorance, it makes very little sense for those who know what they are doing.""When proper temperament joins up with proper intellectual framework, then you get rational behavior.""I buy stocks when lemmings are headed the other way."If you don't make mistakes, you can't make decisions.""The investors of today does not profit from yesterday's growth.""I am a better investor because i am a businessman, and a better businessman because i am an investor.""Turnarounds seldom turn.""Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.""You should look at stocks as small pieces of a business.""It's only when the tide goes out that you learn who's been swimming naked."

Posted by insankamil > 2015-11-02 13:57 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon I've followed your investment advice and did quite well - better in fact than ASB or Tabung Haji could give me.
For that, and your activism and philanthropy - both of which I admire and will try to emulate - thank you very much, sir.

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-11-03 09:14 | Report Abuse

Projected earnings growth of approximately 20% per year, V.S intrinsic value should be approximately Rm 2.80. So it's selling at a discount of price of 45% to its intrinsic value.

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2015-11-03 20:45 | Report Abuse

Funny , I can only remember mr koon and his mudajaya & rsawit
1 right doesnt erase 100 wrongs

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-11-03 21:55 | Report Abuse

The best kind of business to own is one with high profit margins and high inventory turnover. The second-best kind of business to own is one with either high profit margins or a high enough inventory turnover to compensate for lower profit margins. The worst kind of business not to own is one with both low profit margins and low inventory turnover. V.S is the second-best kind of business to own!

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-11-03 22:00 | Report Abuse

"The great personal fortunes in this country weren't built on a portfolio of fifty companies. They were built by someone who identified one Wonderful Business!"

geary

6,245 posts

Posted by geary > 2015-11-03 22:06 | Report Abuse

"I can't be involved in fifty or seventy-five things, you end up with a zoo that way. I like to put meaningful amounts of money in a few things."

Post a Comment
Market Buzz