2 people like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by fayeTan 2016-02-29 15:20

fayeTan

374 posts

Posted by fayeTan > 2016-02-29 09:33 | Report Abuse

your article is half the truth on speculative stock. there are still good stock in the long run. Just to quote a few ... NESTLE, TM, DIGI, BAT and PUBLIC BANK. These companies survive many crisis and if investors hold until now the return are obviously good

PureBULL .

2,407 posts

Posted by PureBULL . > 2016-02-29 11:11 | Report Abuse

Dear fayeTan,
Your view is correct as of now.
Looking at the longer term chart, NESTLE, DLADY, PANAMY appears very sexy n nice. Just to mention a few.
Amore said, PBBank is the most expensive bank in the world. It's still is today. WHY? bcos it can never go bust.

I'm not exactly against FA practitioner, except that it has its weakness. It lacks a timing device.
It will be very encouraging to the community, if the FA taiko of i3, u know who, could focus more of these great plc with amazing biz model.
Introduce these cos. to the newbies n working classes. Even if u r wrong on right timing, these cos. will go much higher after any mkt crash, like u mentioned. I couldn't agreed more with u on this fact.

Many here like to quote WB. but the condition n circumstances in our mkt is so different to the US. If u buy a stock here n u quote WB, pls ask these, Will WB buy this stock ? What kind of stocks will WB buy here ?

Do not use WB words on momentum stocks. he'll lol non stop.

What is momentum stocks ?
In physics, Momentum = mass X velocity
So void of vol or speed of price increases, these stocks plunge over nite.
Use a better way to monitor them like, price action theory to determine its trend.

Stock mkt has edi become a high stake GAME. Be mindful, It has 'expiry date.'
Any good biz will definitely attracts investment to increase capacity in the hope to make more money.
So to a certain pt after 5-7 years like now, the real problem manifests itself again i.e.

OVER CAPACITY in all asset classes.
That means pricing power kaput, profit margin plunge n so the stock valuation decelerates very quickly.

If history is the guide, in order to solve this big world trouble,
CRASH, i'm too afraid.

Posted by crocodile1980 > 2016-02-29 12:36 | Report Abuse

Well said, good comp buy expensive could be risky while bad company buy cheap could be less risk..

teareader

63 posts

Posted by teareader > 2016-02-29 13:14 | Report Abuse

Our share market is getting very scary with so many gung ho funds (syndicates) in the picture. Better to be on the side lines as next month may see greater votility. If you are on the wrong side of the curve - kaput!

fayeTan

374 posts

Posted by fayeTan > 2016-02-29 15:20 | Report Abuse

good stocks are boring stock.. most of the time the share price didn't move much on a daily basis.

but the real deal are in these stocks for long term investors.

in some cases, the stocks double in 5 years (for example TM) or 20% annually which is very good for any standard.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz