3 people like this.

18 comment(s). Last comment by moneySIFU 2016-05-31 10:59

Posted by Lukesharewalker > 2016-05-29 20:58 | Report Abuse

Already six years wrong. One of these year he will get it right. Guru? Or any average Joe could do the same

hpcp

450 posts

Posted by hpcp > 2016-05-29 21:51 | Report Abuse

Then Calvin why you still heavily promoting assets based stocks and properties in JB? You naughty, not listening to Mr Tan

Posted by buddyinvest > 2016-05-29 22:19 | Report Abuse

Posted by iamsoonoob > 2016-05-29 22:23 | Report Abuse

calvin,the funny thing is why are u still promoting stocks to the i3 members here?like buying ksl,insas,mui and etc.......based on your article above,u said all stocks will not be spared including the defensive blue chips stock,so you are implying dont buy any stock and wait for market crash?arent you contradicting yourself?

Koon Bee

987 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2016-05-29 22:34 | Report Abuse

This Calvin really have a mental problem

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-05-29 22:41 | Report Abuse

I think this is a very good post.
Many hours put into it.

calvintaneng

53,266 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-05-29 22:41 | Report Abuse

hpcp Then Calvin why you still heavily promoting assets based stocks and properties in JB? You naughty, not listening to Mr Tan
29/05/2016 21:51

iamsoonoob calvin,the funny thing is why are u still promoting stocks to the i3 members here?like buying ksl,insas,mui and etc.......based on your article above,u said all stocks will not be spared including the defensive blue chips stock,so you are implying dont buy any stock and wait for market crash?arent you contradicting yourself?
29/05/2016 22:23

Calvin answers:

Good question.

Actually like PureBull I am bearish. Yet why do I promote certain stocks? These are the reasons:

1) We refer to the past to learn to avoid its mistakes. So in this case we should not be fully invested but keep more bullets so that if and when Markets do crash then we can take advantage to buy cheaper bargains.

2) The times now are not the same as before. Ben Bernanke has introduced Money Printing by QE 1 , QE 2 & QE 3. So there is a debauchery of all paper currencies. So keeping to pure cash is also not safe.

3) During Crisis Companies still act to take Certain Undervalue Stocks private by paying decent prices like OPUS, YTL Cement, MTD Infrar, Halim, Petaling Garden, Golden Hope Plantation, I & P, Pelangi Bhd and others. So we can still make monies safely. Recently, Super Enterprize, Kulim & TMakmur gave excellent upside of 30% to 200% to take them private. The exception is Kbunai where management is cheating shareholders.

4) As future is unknown We Should Still Diversify Investments into Shares, Bonds, Properties & some precious metals. And also keep a good Cash Buffer.

Good luck

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2016-05-29 23:59 | Report Abuse

The mental problem seem to be with us. We have some warning signs lately, when certain stocks suddenly fall off the cliff. That by itself, for those who bought heavily at recent high prices without initating `trailing stop-loss' would have suffered serious losses. Just think of it, what will the scenario be if the major stockholders collectively decide to cash in their chips. Is this starting to happen? Calvin still continues to promote stocks because as a savvy investor, I believe he has certain safeguards in place for his own stocks. As for Iskandar landed properties, being the self appointed Honorary Ambassador, he has no choice but to continue to promote it to the bitter end? Not for his own landed properties he may elect to `follow the tide' don't you think?

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-05-30 00:31 | Report Abuse

After the crisis I made more money with properties investment,the fittest survive better.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-05-30 00:37 | Report Abuse

Crisis is nature's way to reshuffle the deck

I think it is very democratic

But to be honest, it does not happen as often as people fear.

So just go out and enjoy.

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2016-05-30 02:55 | Report Abuse

at that time u still got money? maybe already average stocks until broke already

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-05-30 03:21 | Report Abuse

100 times cry wolf
Maybe 1 time real wof

Are we supposed to stop play the other 99 times too?

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2016-05-30 03:25 | Report Abuse

Hahaha. In time of crisis seek Apollo.

calvintaneng

53,266 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-05-30 06:56 | Report Abuse

Good morning,

These are some of the more defensive investments on hindsight:

1) Although many businesses suffered huge setback and losses certain ones like YTL Power still generate consistent profit throughout the crisis.

2) Coinciding with the Collapse of Stock Market CPO Prices went in the opposite direction due to El Nino. So Plantation Stocks stood out as a good performing Ones in times of Crisis.

3) A number of my friends bought foreign currencies. As a result they got richer due to ringgit crash.

4) A good number of businessmen migrated to Australia in the early years of 1990s. So they escaped the crisis.

5) One Guy from Kajang took his Rm300 thousand profits from the 1993 KLSE Bull Run & bought a piece of main road frontage land in Jln Reko, Kajang. He started an electrical shop selling appliances. So he preserved his capital. This is also one reason why Calvin advocate buying LANDED HOUSES IN ISKANDAR Since they are still very cheap. And rental yield will cover bank loan.

Will post this article when ready

"THE UNFOLDING DRAMA OF RISING CPO PRICES"

Going to Booming Iskandar now!

Have a nice day

Calvin fr Spore

Koon Bee

987 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2016-05-30 07:43 | Report Abuse

LOL...one guy from singapore spent most of his time in i3 everyday post rubbish article and today he still poor as 20 years ago...LOL

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2016-05-30 09:39 | Report Abuse

that was when interest rate shot up over 10%,now only 3.25% market cannot crash like that

moneySIFU

5,846 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-05-31 10:56 | Report Abuse

Thank you for the article

moneySIFU

5,846 posts

Posted by moneySIFU > 2016-05-31 10:59 | Report Abuse

That's the reason I only invested 30% of my cash in stock market so far. All others park at the loan account to reduce loan interest. Very much look forward for grand cheap sale, if that happens.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz