4 people like this.

11 comment(s). Last comment by Mohamad Jeffrey Ismail 2016-06-23 08:06

Jeffbkt

130 posts

Posted by Jeffbkt > 2016-06-22 10:53 | Report Abuse

In this volatile market, you can't expect fast return with the above portfolio as the momentum element is missing. Some may face risk of forex loss like magni. In the long run, I think you will win but need to have bullet to lower your cost when opportunity comes. Market may experience downside risk.

Posted by shareinvestor88 > 2016-06-22 11:18 | Report Abuse

Does IQ bhd meet your criteria ?

Posted by Mohamad Jeffrey Ismail > 2016-06-22 11:21 | Report Abuse

In this volatile market, you can't expect fast return with the above portfolio as the momentum element is missing. Some may face risk of forex loss like magni. In the long run, I think you will win but need to have bullet to lower your cost when opportunity comes. Market may experience downside risk.
22/06/2016 10:53

Thank you for your comment. I think i've made it clear already,
"Investment is long term process, thus, short term driven catalyst is not considered in my portfolio building process."

Posted by Mohamad Jeffrey Ismail > 2016-06-22 11:26 | Report Abuse

Does IQ bhd meet your criteria ?

Yes.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2016-06-22 12:17 | Report Abuse

majority of the counters you have selected is not blue chip or growth stocks. dividend paying maybe apllies to only 4-5 counters. maybe (just a suggestion ) split your selection into 2 categories. long term holding ( capital cum dividend) and trading stocks without taking into dividend yield (eg growth stock or theme play.) just my 2 cents worth

Posted by Mohamad Jeffrey Ismail > 2016-06-22 12:51 | Report Abuse

majority of the counters you have selected is not blue chip or growth stocks. dividend paying maybe apllies to only 4-5 counters. maybe (just a suggestion ) split your selection into 2 categories. long term holding ( capital cum dividend) and trading stocks without taking into dividend yield (eg growth stock or theme play.) just my 2 cents worth

My portfolio is based on the selection criteria i've stated above. Any stock that are not fulfill my selection criteria will not be considered. Paying too much for growth stock never made me comfort to hold those stock as they are popular stock among those herd. And I am not interested to put high risk on my capital by making short term speculation @ trading.

Posted by iamvirtualinvestor > 2016-06-22 13:37 | Report Abuse

Value investing always proven to be best strategies of long term-investing. Charlie Munger quoted himself, "intelligent investing is value investing." Thus, buying and hold strategies with those stocks will gives good return in long run. Good luck!

ckkhen

193 posts

Posted by ckkhen > 2016-06-22 13:49 | Report Abuse

Intelligent investing.

Posted by shareinvestor88 > 2016-06-22 14:19 | Report Abuse

My 2c opinion
- exclude property sector. Property sector overhang. Eg plenitude has high NTA n cash holdings but growth / profit slowing down. Good stock to hold but may take few years for value to emerge
- consider add in IQ , Prolexus , FLB , ChinWell . I think meet your criteria.

chngyh

1 posts

Posted by chngyh > 2016-06-22 15:57 | Report Abuse

Nice sharing. Would you mind to share how you get to ROIC figure? Is it from manual calculation of through stock screener software? Any good stock screener you can recommend to screen KLSE stocks based on Magic Formula principal? I can only find Magic Formula screener for US stocks.

Posted by Mohamad Jeffrey Ismail > 2016-06-23 08:06 | Report Abuse

Nice sharing. Would you mind to share how you get to ROIC figure? Is it from manual calculation of through stock screener software? Any good stock screener you can recommend to screen KLSE stocks based on Magic Formula principal? I can only find Magic Formula screener for US stocks.

Manual calculation. I think you can also find magic formula screener here at isaham.com. Here is the link :- http://www.isaham.my/screener/magic-formula-investing

Post a Comment
Market Buzz