Be the first to like this.

51 comment(s). Last comment by sostupid 2016-07-22 13:49

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-07-20 21:09 | Report Abuse

the story on Mahathir...seems to be absurdly connected on KYY's defence on his stocks recommendations...and even more so disconnected with Calvin's claim on his...may be self ego doing all the talking!

would have been way nicer and meaningful to see:

- if Calvin had showed his 2016 stock pick results...and if
- KYY could prove that he never sold below the price he had promoted to others...

ipomember

615 posts

Posted by ipomember > 2016-07-20 21:38 | Report Abuse

this Calvin tried hard to claim credibility. Would be better if you can really study the company well before you comment something like overvaluations. Best still if you can really go and check out why the sharp fall of Latitude's share price.

Posted by givemeabreak > 2016-07-20 21:40 | Report Abuse

and the point is??

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-20 21:57 | Report Abuse

Koon koon has bad reputation to come to promote his shares at record high level..maybe now try to white wash a bit by using mbmr which is abt 10% up fm its record low...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-20 21:58 | Report Abuse

But just like cpteh,koon koon will never leave i3.....till his last breath...

Posted by buddyinvest > 2016-07-20 22:06 | Report Abuse

Palm 6k

ah_boon

249 posts

Posted by ah_boon > 2016-07-20 22:57 | Report Abuse

What this prominent investor trying to do now? Becoming licker and support cronyism? Or trying to promote MBMR? The picture in the post showing how childish he is. Said stop talking about share investment but still mention Latitude and VS.

tony89

303 posts

Posted by tony89 > 2016-07-20 23:11 | Report Abuse

lol palm 6k. 3.6k to go

hotmama

36 posts

Posted by hotmama > 2016-07-21 08:10 | Report Abuse

Laugh my ass out when I read till you can be sure with my background I do not tell ppl to buy if I'm selling.

skyz

1,650 posts

Posted by skyz > 2016-07-21 09:02 | Report Abuse

koonkoon and his "noble intentions", donate to charity and give some scholarship so wat? those who worship him and follow him blindly really led to holland after so many case. hope Bursa will take action on him (i doubt so) for failure to disclose substantial shareholdingship by dateline

1,902 posts

Posted by 007 > 2016-07-21 09:07 | Report Abuse

why never say Najib is your business partner, KYY? now round 2 of 1mdb, play ground in US, see who is the referee, AG=Lynch vs Apandi, FBI vs bukit aman, james comey vs khallid. he ha hoo. holliwood vs malawood

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2016-07-21 09:08 | Report Abuse

You can donate to charity and do social work ( but you need NOT tell people ) what counters you are investing, buying or selling. this is something i need to ask ???

lohman

205 posts

Posted by lohman > 2016-07-21 09:16 | Report Abuse

Greed and dishonesty are Koon's bed partners. Egotism is his constant companion. This old man just knows no shame. Just stop blogging for your own sake and salvage whatever little credibility you have.

speakup

25,091 posts

Posted by speakup > 2016-07-21 09:20 | Report Abuse

Koon is Dr M crony...... patutlah Koon jadi kaya raya!

hankc

182 posts

Posted by hankc > 2016-07-21 10:24 | Report Abuse

Birds of a feather flock together. You'd be the judge.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2016-07-21 10:35 | Report Abuse

Calvin,Koon ← I don't know what this article above wants to say indirectly. Very blur blur la. SKejap Koon blasted Dr. M, sekejap Koon associated himself as a Dr. M buddy. So confuse. Koon -> pls talk clearly la. My mind is spinning now :-3

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-07-21 10:54 | Report Abuse

No problem to flock together but IF the person's character n integrity are questionable and you become one as well because of the association or profited from that person's dishonesty then is a shame.

'You do not need to defend yourself nor to be defended by some else if you truly repented as actions speak louder than words' - Meathere

hankc Birds of a feather flock together. You'd be the judge.

hankc

182 posts

Posted by hankc > 2016-07-21 14:05 | Report Abuse

Repentant, not in the least. Attempting at stock price manipulation on public investment forum, definitely.

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-07-21 20:58 | Report Abuse

wei...u all keep on attacking like this...how he can post next time? This is his only hobby ma....

I suggest KYY make his name clean again by recommending really good stock...but ...hmmm...again...it could be already too late :(

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-21 21:13 | Report Abuse

Mbmr 2.30+...abt 10% up fm its record low price...u never see koon koon do this....

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2016-07-21 21:14 | Report Abuse

There is truly too much hatred directed .@ Uncle Koon. Keep cool and move forward

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-21 21:15 | Report Abuse

Actually i dont know why he wrote this...to confess or show off he was Dr.M's crony? To promote mbmr (hmm...i doubt so)...

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-21 21:17 | Report Abuse

Dusti,i must say koon koon well deserved all these...lol

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-21 21:19 | Report Abuse

Eat salted fish must be able to stand the thrist

Posted by winebacon > 2016-07-22 08:14 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon, I am your true admirer. I have read your investment lessons and benefited so much from them. Please ignore the haters, their comments are toxic and cancerous.

I will keep on following your blog and hope you continue to share your knowledge and wisdom. :)

chiahs

206 posts

Posted by chiahs > 2016-07-22 08:21 | Report Abuse

Tq for sharing Koon ........

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-07-22 10:24 | Report Abuse

Time will tell if his donation, social contribution, knowledge & wisdom in stock sharing, etc are sincere from his heart or just for PR purpose to gain trust & followers and later for his own benefit and personal agenda.

As human we cannot escape from making mistakes but your future actions will eventually reveal the truth.

'You do not need to defend yourself nor to be defended by some else if you truly repented as actions speak louder than words' - Meathere

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 10:55 | Report Abuse

Mr. Koon he can not control his own emotional needs (he likes to say he is good other people are bad and even if all the people in this world are bad people you are still not supposed to treat the bad people as stupid idiots (this is what Mr. Koon normally does). If you are not the culprit you don't have to think for the bad people by speaking up for yourself, you should just get on with your normal "good people" life because you don't want other people to think that you are the good people and everyone else are the bad people. For i3 investors, I believe we all are smarter than a dog because when someone throws a rock at a dog the dog normally chases after the rock instead of the person that throws the rock at you. If we chase after rock (the bad news )we are not better than the dog. If you don't chase after bad news you will be better than the dog. Sleep well if you are not the thief because you don't have to worry for them. In fact, they would know how to take good care of themselves better than you are able to take care of them because when they are the thief and especially when you are not smarter than the thief what for you need to worry about them.

Jester

852 posts

Posted by Jester > 2016-07-22 11:06 | Report Abuse

Nice article to 'sugarcoat' your real article Koon. Your real article is just this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you know, I have stopped posting any more articles on share investment to avoid misunderstanding. The problem is that I can recommend readers to buy shares such as Latitude which went up from Rm 1.00 to above Rm 8.00 within 24 months. Another share is VS Industry which went up 550% within 18 months. But I cannot tell you when to sell if I am selling. You can be sure that with my background I do not need to tell people to buy if I am selling.

My advice to all my critics is that they must really examine their track record. I think many who often make senseless remarks and not willing to learn, are not as successful as they want people to think.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point of this article is he wants to get the ball rolling again and start recommending shares again. Well I guess he had enough time to accumulate any shares to a certain extent. Now just need another part of his system to work.

Jester

852 posts

Posted by Jester > 2016-07-22 11:12 | Report Abuse

His next article will sound something like this,

In light to some people who felt like I can contribute more towards their investment journey based on my last article, I have decided to ignore the haters and focus on those who can benefit from my guidance. They would need guidance from a Super Investor like myself.

Bla bla bla. Brag brag brag. Please buy X-counter because it is undervalued. Bla bla bla. I do charity charity charity. Curse the haters. Bla bla bla

I am not blaming Koon for doing this. He gets money from it and it is good on him. Those who just follows without much research is the one to be blamed. Koon has a system and we must respect him in that regards.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 11:13 | Report Abuse

(he likes to say he is good other people are bad and even if all the people in this world are really bad people to you you are still not supposed to treat everybody in this world as stupid idiots (this is what Mr. Koon normally does). For i3 investors, I believe we all are smarter than a dog because when someone throws a rock at a dog the dog normally chases after the rock instead of the person that throws the rock at you. If we chase after rock (the bad news )we are not better than the dog. If you don't chase after bad news you will be better than the dog. Once bitten twice shy.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-22 11:15 | Report Abuse

Guess what will b his next stock to promote?not mbmr for sure...wayang kulit only

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-22 11:17 | Report Abuse

We chase after the old bad dog so he wouldnt come out to bite again n again

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-22 11:19 | Report Abuse

I think his next stock will b one of sifu's uptrending stocks..

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-22 11:29 | Report Abuse

These are not Sifu' s uptrending stocks...Koon Koon will only promote those counters he wanted to take good profit

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 11:46 | Report Abuse

Don't die with him: strickly avoid KYY counters. He wanted to get rid of his old shares. He already push up those shares. Liihen, VS, Latitude, all got profits he now wanted to get rid of them. The economy so bad no share prices can go up. NO Need to die with him. Avoid KYY counters.

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-07-22 11:49 | Report Abuse

To me the really successful people are those who can contribute positively to the society and not those accumulating wealth for themselves at other people's expense.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 11:52 | Report Abuse

Quote from KKY: "My advice to all my critics is that they must really examine their track record. I think many who often make senseless remarks and not willing to learn, are not as successful as they want people to think."
What is the real purpose "learn" according to sostupid:
(1)學要想: 好人你要自己做.
(2)想要學: 你要先救壞人你才救好人,你才是好人(Follow Jesus Christ).
(3)學要問: 聰明的人你要自己做.
(4)你不要以為妳自己很聰明: 你要先救傻瓜你才救聰明的人,你才是聰明的人(Save so stupid "First" that is the only way you can save KYY).
(5)你不要以為別人不好你自己很好. Or else Jesus will tell his father to send fire on you.
(6)你不要以為什麼事情都很容易做. Or else KYY will say he is better than you because you are the stupid people.

Pick Low Hanging Fruits. Don't need to listen to that lunatic!

22/07/2016 11:51

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2016-07-22 11:56 | Report Abuse

Ah Koon only like PLP who listen to him blindly...those smarter than Ah Koon are stupid idiots

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-22 11:59 | Report Abuse

The only reasons koon koon here are to promote his shares which he wanted to take profit n to show off (how much money he made....30 scholarships he gives every year..)

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-07-22 12:03 | Report Abuse

Old crook can continue to talk cock n con,idiots can continue to plp...we can continue to whack...guess thats the beauty of democracy...

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-07-22 12:06 | Report Abuse

Sostupid,you better write in English so I can fully understand your comments. Warren Buffer says that to be considered a successful person is not the amount of wealth one has accumulated but rather the one who enables to make others around him happy.
Hope you are not more idiotic than your name,sostupid.

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-07-22 12:27 | Report Abuse

Greed makes ppl gullible, so there will always some ppl who will be blinded and make a wrong decision in their choice.

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-07-22 12:33 | Report Abuse

Fam Jenny, If you understand what Sostupid written, can you please summarize it up. He posted similar thing to me couple of weeks ago, but I can't sum up well what he trying to convey. Thanks.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 12:42 | Report Abuse

FamJenny: Those I wrote on Chinese on the previous posting similar idea to WB these few quotes:
1. The worst investment you can make over time: cash.

We always keep enough cash around so I feel very comfortable and don't worry about sleeping at night. But it's not because I like cash as an investment. Cash is a bad investment over time. But you always want to have enough so that nobody else can determine your future essentially.

2. Invest in a broad-based index fund that tracks the S&P 500.

If you are a professional and have confidence, then I would advocate lots of concentration. For everyone else, if it’s not your game, participate in total diversification. The economy will do fine over time. Make sure you don’t buy at the wrong price or the wrong time. That’s what most people should do, buy a cheap index fund, and slowly dollar cost average into it. If you try to be just a little bit smart, spending an hour a week investing, you’re liable to be really dumb.

Recommended reading: “Common Sense on Mutual Funds: New Imperatives for the Intelligent Investor” by Vanguard founder Jack Bogle. Any investor in funds should read [Bogle’s books]. They have all you need to know.

3. Invest in yourself.

“The best investment you can make is in your own abilities. Anything you can do to develop your own abilities or business is likely to be more productive.”

4. If you’re determined to pick stocks, don’t buy into a business you don’t understand.

[Individual investors] ought to think about what he or she understands. Let's just say they were going to put their whole family's net worth in a single business. Would that be a business they would consider? Or would they say, "Gee, I don't know enough about that business to go into it?" If so, they should go on to something else.... There are all kinds of businesses that [longtime partner and vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Charlie Munger] and I don't understand, but that doesn't cause us to stay up at night. It just means we go on to the next one, and that's what the individual investor should do.

5. Focus on the competition as well.

[Buying stock in a company is] buying a piece of a business. If they were going to buy into a local service station or convenience store, what would they think about? They would think about the competition, the competitive position both of the industry and the specific location, the person they have running it and all that.

6. Invest for the long haul.

“If you aren’t willing to own a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes”

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 12:46 | Report Abuse

"Hope you are not more idiotic than your name,sostupid." I see you are in a better mood today, thanx for the compliments.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 13:00 | Report Abuse

FamJenny: I know you are keen on understanding Warren Buffett. I hope this helps. Another example to illustrate. There are only 4 types of people in this world for simple speaking: the good, the bad, the stupid, the smart. You have to be the good and smart people yourself. That is statement 1 and statement 3, I wrote, and you have to be of course help the bad people to be the good people, statement 2, and you have to help the stupid people in order to be the smart people, statement 4, I wrote. To give the example in warren buffett's example taken from this article: "Warren Buffett wants to end Wall Street's broken earnings game"

Buffett acknowledged he has a dual class at Berkshire in the form of Class A shares and Class B shares.

"On balance, it's better to have one class of stock," said Buffett, but he added that the dual class works at Berkshire. (You have to be the good people yourself (don't cause other people any trouble but there are two sides to everything))

"As I give away my own shares, and I've given away about 40 percent [to charity] so far and I'll give away every share I have, I always convert the ... 'A' stock into the 'B' stock. So the 'A' stock will have less proportionately as it goes along," he said. (there are two sides to everything, you need to help the bad people to be the true good people also)

"We also have a provision that in the event of any kind of a corporate transaction, the 'A' stock cannot be treated differently than the 'B' stock. I think that's important and we put that in our paper," he added.

(You have to help the stupid people to become the smart people, but there are 2 sides to everything, the best way is to consider both the stupid people and the smart people to be equally smart.)

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 13:15 | Report Abuse

Rule 1: If you think a person is a good person you are not supposed to turn the person into a bad person-realities. (你如果知道任何事情你不用馬上告訴別人)。因為你要等別人要做他 “未來的必要”的時候,你才能夠知道他現在真正的想法。

Rule 2: If you think the person is a bad person you are supposed to help the person to turn into a good person---obligations. (你如果要幫助別人你要以利益別人為主)。過去對你再好的人,他未來也需要錢他才會快樂。

Rule 3: Whether that person is a bad person or a good person you are not supposed to turn the person into a bad person either (you are supposed to know other people better than you know yourself). (學佛自心相續)。不要以為,過去所發生的事情未來通通都會一樣,好會變壞(因為2),壞不會變好(因為1)。

Rule 4: You are supposed to do what is difficult for other people to do before you can do what is important to you in the past or what you normally would like to do in the past. (修是修自己)。你認為對你不重要的事情,但是這件事情如果對別人重要的話,這件事情就會壞變好。
Rule 5: You are supposed to do what other people will need in the future before you can even think of doing something you like for yourself right now. (強調重點)。你認為對你重要的事情,但是這件事情如果對別人不重要的話,這件事情就會好變壞。重要是要看別人認為重不重要。

Rule 6: Those who exalt themselves will be humbled; please don't think that you are more important than the rest of the people in Malaysia or in the whole world. That you are better than other people that can give you the privilege to do whatever you like to do for yourself or whatever that pleases you. (做事情不是要把事情做好,而是在做事情的過程當中提升自己)。任何事情,不管是對你重要還是對你不重要,你都不要自己決定。如果你自己決定,對你重要不重要,你就會害別人害自己。

rule 7: You are not supposed to determine your own outcome when other parties are involved (you need to determine what is the need of everybody (excluding you and your associates) in the present environment). (不要在業已感果的果上改,你要在業已感果的境上改)。你老是喜歡做對你重要的事情,但是這件對別人不重要,因為(5), 好變壞。你從好變壞,機會跟風險,你老是喜歡做對你重要的事情,但是這件對別人不重要。做別人不重要的事情,是有機會還是風險?

rule 8: You reap in the future what you sow now ( the company today's action that will make the share price go up in the future without taking into consideration of any the macro economic factors). The method is to reverse the order (you need to go back to change your own past weakness if you realize that the company or anyone is not performing to your expectation). Feel free to make your own mistakes now because you can always change your own past mistakes in a future date because it is better not to lose an opportunity rather than to make a mistake. (我們要做難做的事情: 當你知道別人 “未來的必要” 你要改變你過去的錯誤(不要整天只是想要做,對你自己重要的事情))。你的需要應該是對別人重要的事情,只要對別人重要,就算很難做,你認為你應該不應該做呢?

rule 9: What does the company did in the past that will have a bad effect for you in the present environment. You cannot reverse past wrong done by others or patch the leaking for others. You also reap now what other people have sowed in the past. And the effect of what you reap now because of what other people sowed in the past can very well continue into the future. Like buying a share only after there has been a substantial price increase in the past or share splits are bad for new investors. You are not supposed to do anything that is good for other people but are detrimental to yourself (you can always pick up the next opportunity for yourself). (對別人要有禮貌: 當你知道別人現在的想法(別人現在的想法是他過去的必要),不管他是聰明的人或是傻瓜,你都要做他身體的需要)。你要看他過去的必要是什麼,你在做他現在的必要。就算他“過去”喜歡講大話或者現在你更應該幫助他?幫助傻瓜比較便宜過幫助聰明的人。因為過去的傻瓜才是現在聰明的人。過去聰明的人你看他第一個會害的人會是誰(當然是別人)。

rule 10: You also reap now what other people sowed in the past. Because of rule 7: you are not supposed to determine your own outcome when other parties are involved. Have you own reasons for doing anything for yourself. You only do what is important for other people after only they have done what you like them to do for you (Be rationale). (境無好壞完全是業感:你要先做別人過去重要的事情(你要先了解別人(做別人心裡的需要:不要喜歡罵人))你才做你自己未來需要的事情(機會跟風險),你不要以為什麼事情都很容易做)。

Fam Jenny

7,724 posts

Posted by Fam Jenny > 2016-07-22 13:21 | Report Abuse

Sostupid,your comments reveal your sound knowledge and patience in stock investments.
As for me I have less faith in them as I have no control over them and have no access to inside information so it is never my piece of meat.I still prefer property investments as I do not need to monitor them,have constant monthly income and am the real boss.I don't need to use one ringgit for one ringgit but one for 9 to 7 times through withdrawal of epf and bank loans,in other words using other people's funds for own financing of the properties.It is not easy to manipulate the values of these properties as its worthiness is determined by market economic forces and factors.
You are rather smart I must conclude and best wishes to you.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-07-22 13:49 | Report Abuse

Of course there are deeper implications I did not write down, but just for simple speaking only and just for anyone who wishes to understand Warren Buffett a little better. If you compare my writing with his, they coincide with his ideas on the older articles: For example: "Warren Buffett’s 10 Inspiring Tips For Young People."
1.Invest in “you” before anyone else.
2.Break your bad habits early.
3.Hire a mentor.
4.Know your strengths.
5.Do what you love.
6.Never risk the important for the unnecessary.
7.Don’t pass up good opportunities.
8.Tick-tock, protect your clock.
9.Avoid credit cards.
10.Be kind.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz