Be the first to like this.

9 comment(s). Last comment by goreng_goreng 2016-09-08 11:51

fung9815

41 posts

Posted by fung9815 > 2016-09-07 17:59 | Report Abuse

Just want to share a few thoughts here on the subject of 'mistake'.

Coastal: This is a classical not-investing-based-on-your-own-circle-of-competence mistake. Coastal was a great company in numbers - strong balance sheet, growing earnings, low P/E, etc - but how many of us actually truthfully understand shipbuilding business?

Aemulus: Depending on what price CH bought at, I don't think this is a stupid mistake (unless he bought at 60c). Aemulus is in the right field with tremendous growth potential and has a great business model. Again, does he understand the business?

Xingquan: This one is really hard to judge. Although we all know the rule of "don't buy China companies that listed in Malaysia", Xingquan's numbers WERE just too good to ignore, somemore we got a prominent figure came out to publicly endorse the company, it confused people. Again, did he know what he was buying?

Titijaya: Again, whether this is a idiotic mistake or not is highly dependent on what price he bought at. I don't think it is a mistake if he bought cheap. However, although property development business is much easier to understand compared to the above 3, it is actually not THAT easy. I like to think that many people actually bought into property counters thinking that "aiya property business sure make money one no problem one!", they are just trying to get their ass kicked.

Lesson: Know the edge of your circle of competence; invest in companies that you truly understand. :)

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-09-07 18:00 | Report Abuse

life's best teacher...having a teacher like Teh :(

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-09-07 18:07 | Report Abuse

last year green horn yeekarwai (20 yo +) joined i3 with no idea what stock investment is about. But he read articles and bought Gadang at RM1.70 (around that level). Today Gadang is RM3.00, and yeekarwai has become very experienced market player

As for Mr Teh, he spent 8 years in the market and still have not a clue what is happening

until now, he still hasn't woken up

so sad

Posted by maomaochong > 2016-09-07 19:03 | Report Abuse

fung9815,thx for your sharing.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2016-09-07 20:26 | Report Abuse

My sincere advice to cpteh: follow thru all sifu icon8888's postings in i3.after a while i hope u are able to make some money from stock market n dont have to waste your time fishing for free coffee/free meals/tuition fee from newbies.

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-09-07 21:15 | Report Abuse

Wow, speechless. And I thought I was a bit harsh on CP before and felt bad about it.

eagle100

1,606 posts

Posted by eagle100 > 2016-09-07 21:29 | Report Abuse

I'll only comment on Aemulus since I bought some when its IPO went up. When it was first listed, it was good for goreng. Easy contra gain, or even short term 1 to 2 weeks. Before the 1st QR report that is.

So, unless this Mr CH bought near 60 cents and still holding at current price of 27 to 28 cents, I dont see how Aemulus is 'stupid' or 'ignorant' mistake. Even newbies earned something.

Xingquan - No China stock under any circumstances, regardless who promoted it. I read this somewhere as a very fresh newbie. Or could be I didnt know who KYY was back then. Good thing too.

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-09-08 11:23 | Report Abuse

A lot of knowledge and experiences have been accumulated for the past 8 years. It's not easy for an upcoming senior citizen to get rid of certain things in his mind. He need to be inspired slowly so as to fine tuning his mentality to suit the stock market needs.

Posted by goreng_goreng > 2016-09-08 11:51 | Report Abuse

of all sifus in i3, why Mr CH go to you Mr Teh? The whole story is defying common sense and logic

Post a Comment
Market Buzz