9 people like this.

23 comment(s). Last comment by UniC 2016-10-28 07:09

Posted by John Chang > 2016-10-23 18:25 | Report Abuse

any free filter website to filter companies in Bursa based on EY and ROC?

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2016-10-23 18:34 | Report Abuse

Keep it up

Posted by StockUnleashed > 2016-10-23 19:02 | Report Abuse

Sifu kcchongnz, here is one more great stock! http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/StockUnleashed/106959.jsp

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-10-23 19:23 | Report Abuse

Could that possibly DNEX will be the Top performance counter in Kcchongnz portfolio ? Dnex's E-Commerce Division could be the next explosive one.

newbie92

418 posts

Posted by newbie92 > 2016-10-23 21:03 | Report Abuse

Fibon still can hold?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-24 11:42 | Report Abuse

Posted by John Chang > Oct 23, 2016 06:25 PM | Report Abuse
any free filter website to filter companies in Bursa based on EY and ROC?

I doubt so. That will be better as those who have the knowledge and are willing to do some homework have better chance of extra-ordinary return than the free riders.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-24 12:04 | Report Abuse

Posted by StockUnleashed > Oct 23, 2016 07:02 PM | Report Abuse

Sifu kcchongnz, here is one more great stock! http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/StockUnleashed/106959.jsp

Agree with you.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2016-10-24 12:04 | Report Abuse

Another very useful post by KC Chong here with sound principles. For the "value investor". Even for speculators and momentum players (and we are often a mix of everything), there are useful lessons. It always won't hurt when we assess the downside risk and look for a safety margin.

Again and again the market will present us with opportunities. Due to some unexpected piece of news or quarter, counters suddenly see a slump in their share price. While it is prudent to not catch a falling knife (unless if one is a semi-gambler hoping for an immediate rebound), bottoms will be established sooner or later. Quite often, we can reasonably conclude a new base is being formed, and that further downside risk is minimal (unless if another round of bad news appeared). That would be the time to buy. And wait. Most of my profitable buys had come from this - by just waiting and not doing anything "to tweak". Often, in less than a year, the counters are moving up again. The ones with good fundamentals. Patience is required though. And not following the crowd.

Posted by Fake spotter > 2016-10-24 12:32 | Report Abuse

Joel Greenblatt words of warning about stock tips and advice from people who purportedly want to make you rich is only too true. Beware the con man who professes to be noble and altruistic, and makes much ado of his philanthropy for that is but a thin cloak but then frequently promotes stocks where he has a large position. Many of us wish we were aware of JG's prescient words much earlier. Never too late to learn though.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-25 08:22 | Report Abuse

Posted by newbie92 > Oct 23, 2016 09:03 PM | Report Abuse

Fibon still can hold?

Fibon certainly meets Joel Greenblatt Magic formula at the present price.

Patrick13

1,971 posts

Posted by Patrick13 > 2016-10-25 08:47 | Report Abuse

Hi KC, may I know what is the difference between ROE and ROIC? Is it same concept but just different formula?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-25 11:04 | Report Abuse

Posted by Patrick13 > Oct 25, 2016 08:47 AM | Report Abuse
Hi KC, may I know what is the difference between ROE and ROIC? Is it same concept but just different formula?

ROE is only involve the equity shareholders, whereas ROIC takes care of both capital providers of both equity and debt holders, or the whole firm.

jeckcw

55 posts

Posted by jeckcw > 2016-10-25 15:09 | Report Abuse

http://news.morningstar.com/classroom2/course.asp?docId=145095&page=9

roce-takes care of both capital providers of both equity and debt holders, or the whole firm. (RETURN ON CAPITAL EMPLOYED)

ROIC-ROIC = NOPAT / (Total Assets - Excess Cash - Non Int bearing Liabilities)

NOPAT = Earnings Before Interest & Taxes * (1 - Tax Rate)

ROIC allow u comparing company with difference tax scale (such as company A tax rate 30% , company B tax rate 20%)

jeckcw

55 posts

Posted by jeckcw > 2016-10-25 15:16 | Report Abuse

This equation introduces two new terms that need some explanation. Excess cash can be defined as the cash a company has that is not required to operate the business. For example, Microsoft clearly does not need the full $35 billion in cash and investments it has in its war chest to keep the business running, and we can subtract a portion of that cash because that capital is not really invested in the business.

The most salient example of a non-interest-bearing current liability is accounts payable. The reason we subtract accounts payable from the invested capital base is because, if you think about it, accounts payable represent capital invested in the business by a company's suppliers, not the company itself. Other forms of liabilities that we should probably subtract out are deferred revenues and deferred taxes. (We say "probably" because, like excess cash, determining what liabilities do and do not represent invested capital requires a lot of judgment.)

Ultramen

338 posts

Posted by Ultramen > 2016-10-25 15:21 | Report Abuse

tunepro good or not?

jeckcw

55 posts

Posted by jeckcw > 2016-10-25 15:31 | Report Abuse

ROE ROCE explanation
Company A
profit -20
share -100
debt-0
roe 20%
roce-20%

company B
profit-25
share-100
debt-100
roe-25%
roce -12.5%

ROCE is different with ROIC

ROIC is using Earning before interest &tax and minus excess cash (that not needed to run the company) and non interest bearing debt (example supplier is not your capital,deferred tax which arise from accounting adjustment etc) to provide you a fair comparison to access a company operating efficiency

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-26 03:10 | Report Abuse

Posted by Ultramen > Oct 25, 2016 03:21 PM | Report Abuse

tunepro good or not?

I don't see any problem with investing in this stock.

alvinchiam

1,555 posts

Posted by alvinchiam > 2016-10-26 08:44 | Report Abuse

got money... buy now...

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2016-10-26 21:37 | Report Abuse

I wonder is it evaluating an insurance company would b the same as other industry? Tunepro has 0debt but wonder if other metrics inventories etc would b the same.. hmmm

john wong

154 posts

Posted by john wong > 2016-10-28 00:49 | Report Abuse

kcchong, is there a website that enable me to find the information on corporate exercise of a stock easily? warrant , iculs, rights, bonus and etc.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-28 04:50 | Report Abuse

Posted by bracoli > Oct 26, 2016 09:37 PM | Report Abuse

I wonder is it evaluating an insurance company would b the same as other industry? Tunepro has 0debt but wonder if other metrics inventories etc would b the same.. hmmm

No, you can't use JG's Magic Formula to evaluate banks and financial institutions. Classification of assets and liabilities, working capital etc are completely different.

cheated

948 posts

Posted by cheated > 2016-10-28 05:39 | Report Abuse

If ask who are the person in i3 that has followers I can name are OTB, KYY and KC Chong. Only they can say have followers and their stocks are often chased very high. Question is those chased high are they good for last buyers? Best eg is Fibon, Homeritz before and after latest QR released.

Posted by Fake spotter > Oct 24, 2016 12:32 PM | Report Abuse
Joel Greenblatt words of warning about stock tips and advice from people who purportedly want to make you rich is only too true. Beware the con man who professes to be noble and altruistic, and makes much ado of his philanthropy for that is but a thin cloak but then frequently promotes stocks where he has a large position. Many of us wish we were aware of JG's prescient words much earlier. Never too late to learn though.

UniC

482 posts

Posted by UniC > 2016-10-28 07:09 | Report Abuse

kcchongnz is the only real Sifu.

Posted by Fake spotter > Oct 24, 2016 12:32 PM | Report Abuse

Post a Comment
Market Buzz