3 people like this.

69 comment(s). Last comment by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 2019-11-13 16:02

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2016-10-31 15:19 | Report Abuse

GG3261: what price of Gadang in ur bottom heart? If not mistaken Tan Sri hv gv the ans.

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 15:24 | Report Abuse

i do not understand your question

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-31 15:32 | Report Abuse

Posted by GG3261 > Oct 31, 2016 03:17 PM | Report Abuse
KC,
thanks for you advise,
I am safe with the downside of gadang, don't worry
i just can not tolerate some people talking rubbish here

In life, take from others what is good and ignore what you think is not good.

For Gadang, whether Calvin is right or not, we will wait and see. But I don't think he talks rubbish about it.

In investing, invert, always invert.

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 15:41 | Report Abuse

KC,

Calvin doesn't like Gadang because of capital city, he called this project white elephant. do you mean , in your eye, capital city indeed an white elephant ?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-10-31 15:51 | Report Abuse

Sell car sell house, sailang, all these words are a way to say go big into it. It doesn't mean I buy only airasia and nothing else

I only invested about 20% of my money in airasia and it subsequently ballooned into 40%. I mentioned this before in the forum. Check out Hippo Buy Signal blog article for details

I held Gadang from 1.20 and sold all the way up. sold last batch at 2.90 on last Friday

I dont lie. I am not Calvin

Posted by GG3261 > Oct 31, 2016 03:09 PM | Report Abuse

talk is cheap,
icon can sold house , sold car to buy camcorp, airasia....
do you believe he will keep gadang and sold his house and car
icon had sold his gadang long long ago......

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-31 15:56 | Report Abuse

Posted by GG3261 > Oct 31, 2016 03:41 PM | Report Abuse

KC,

Calvin doesn't like Gadang because of capital city, he called this project white elephant. do you mean , in your eye, capital city indeed an white elephant ?

I don't know much about Capital City. I believe many who have bought Gadang also don't know much about it too. We as retail investors have limitations of what we know.

But with what Calvin said, whether he lied or not, but if i were you who is so committed to Gadang, I will seriously take a good deep look at it.

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 15:57 | Report Abuse

if he is focusing on the corporate exercise , somebody's buy call and heavy promotion.....
that is ok and I will consider it as a good piece of advise
nothing to feel bad about and won't see my name appear here
but he is showing some funny pictures this morning that i consider a nuisance without proper investigation

chowsingchi

1,794 posts

Posted by chowsingchi > 2016-10-31 15:58 | Report Abuse

even tho i am considered a typical newbie, i noticed that the amount of opposition on calvin is actually quite astounding.

plus i am really uncomfortable with the way he bashed AAX without any basis being given and the recent gadang stories on bad luck names n all. some stories may be right..but what on earth does bad luck names have in our analysis of stocks n companies to buy? my god....i also noticed he just luvs to spin stories n stories upon stories. its quite entertaining ....lol

if you have a lot of ppl saying u have done a lot of wrongs...it will probably mean that it is.

i totally agree with icon on this calvin story teller...

amen

chowsingchi

1,794 posts

Posted by chowsingchi > 2016-10-31 16:01 | Report Abuse

plus i really find it ludicrous n downright funny to boldly state that bjcorp is the berkshire of asia and palm oil to go up to rm6k with out any proper due diligence...excellent story teller

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 16:01 | Report Abuse

here you read the agreement of the JV

Posted by calvintaneng > Oct 29, 2016 11:25 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by pisanggoreng > Oct 29, 2016 11:09 PM | Report Abuse

a chinese saying,

one type of rice , all sort of people

ah boon not interested in gadang because it is a share promoted by his enemy KYY and he is jealous of OTB . so do not hope to hear anything fair and unbiased from him regarding all the stocks recommended by KYY or OTB

Calvin refuses to believe Gadang can perform well because of capital city .

he is convinced that houses are difficult to sell now a days , not only capital city but the whole property market in Malaysia and Singapore. He had seen this with his own eyes.

But he is a good christian with a careless heart.because he did not do his homework well before providing his golden advises not to invest in Gadang .

why i said he is careless?

1. He did not read the agreement of the JV of Gadang and Hatten for the development of Capital city.
you may view the agreement through the following link:

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/4381697

if he had read the agreement carefully with an unbiased heart (hati terbuka), then he would have convinced that whether capital city a "white elephant" or "not a white elephant" , Gadang is guaranteed of the profit sharing of some RM334,000,000.00 or a steady income of about RM55M - 60M per year, every year for a period of 5 five and half year starting from 2015 untill 2021

Gadang did not have to pay a single sen for the development , just a piece of land bought a price of RM 30,500,000.00. all the development cost is borne by Hatten

2. Calvin did not check the financial status of Hatten international pte limited company. if he had done that,then he would have convinced this capital city project for Hatten is just a "sap-sap-sui" case.

Conclusion :

Capital city is a Goose that lay the Golden eggs for Gadang ,

how can you let go easily a Golden Goose with a small gain.

God will never give you a second chance if you do not treasure the first one.

Calvin replies:

Pissanggoreng or pissang sudah kena goreng?

Calvin good Christian with careless heart?

Calvin has studied both Hatten from Singapore & Gadang's position.

I think Hatten has tried to wear a Hat Too Big For Its Own Good.

Now of course Gadang is providing the 16.2 acres land worth Rm21 millions for the Capital City JV project.

Share of Rm334 millions windfall of JV with Hatten? I think you prepare to forget it. There is a blindness of colossal proportion if people are buying into the Capital City story.

Mow that Capital City is being built in stages Gadang's own 16.2 acres land are liable for quit rent & assessment. It will be more and more from MPJB later. Just like they slapped a Huge Tax on UEMS!

So in stead of a profit from Capital City Gadang better be prepared to pay more land taxes. That will be a wake up call later.
31/10/2016 10:17

herry168

345 posts

Posted by herry168 > 2016-11-01 00:21 | Report Abuse

May i know which are the value investment company to put in portfolio 2017? Let it go for the past ,look forward the furture growth of investment to accumulate for the compounding return..

Wing50

22 posts

Posted by Wing50 > 2016-11-01 02:05 | Report Abuse

It is entirely your prerogative to agree or disagree with my statement that up-to-date information is vital to decision making in selection of shares, as historical financial data are all factored in the share price.

Prediction of the future and success in investing are two entirely different matters.

You don't need a snake-oil salesman to give prediction of the future. You would be better off to consult a clairvoyant, so long you are happy and believe in it.

Even if you correctly predicted the future that doesn't mean you are a successful investor.

We are well aware that even the most successful investors in the world will time and again get it wrong. However, that doesn't mean that he/she is not a successful investor.

So, why would I expect you to become a snake-oil salesman to give me prediction of the future?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-11-01 04:34 | Report Abuse

Posted by Wing50 > Nov 1, 2016 02:05 AM | Report Abuse
It is entirely your prerogative to agree or disagree with my statement that up-to-date information is vital to decision making in selection of shares, as historical financial data are all factored in the share price.
Prediction of the future and success in investing are two entirely different matters.
You don't need a snake-oil salesman to give prediction of the future. You would be better off to consult a clairvoyant, so long you are happy and believe in it.
Even if you correctly predicted the future that doesn't mean you are a successful investor.
We are well aware that even the most successful investors in the world will time and again get it wrong. However, that doesn't mean that he/she is not a successful investor.
So, why would I expect you to become a snake-oil salesman to give me prediction of the future?

As a retail investor, there is limitation of what he can do, the most is to base on annual report and published financial statements, and/or industrial report, other analysts reports etc. To get other information like management plans, future contracts, prospect of the industry etc, those are the job of a professional analyst. This information is important, but is it really so "vital", a must have in order to be successful in investing?

And tell me, how many of those professional analysts, in percentage wise, with so much "vital" information at their disposal, have done very well?

I have shown many times in i3investor, really successful super investor such as Walter Schloss of deep value investing, Joel Greenblatt of Magic Formula, Coldeye based on his 5 yardsticks extracted from annual report, or ven Buffett of his famous metric of return on capital, etc. Does anyone of these tell you that predicting the future is very important for your investing success?

"historical financial data are all factored in the share price."?

I used to use to argue with others that the above of market efficiency is always true when I was studying a master degree in finance, because I was brain-washed. After reading many books and writings of those super investors, and from my own investing experience in the last 10years, some of which I have shared all over i3investor in the last 4 years, I have completely changed my view.

Buffett used to say, "If the market is efficient, I would be holding a tin can in my hand now."

"Even if you correctly predicted the future that doesn't mean you are a successful investor."

Why not? The question is how many people can do that?

"We are well aware that even the most successful investors in the world will time and again get it wrong. However, that doesn't mean that he/she is not a successful investor."

Who are those very successful super investor who time the market, get them wrong, and be very successful? What is the percentage of them?

Wing50

22 posts

Posted by Wing50 > 2016-11-01 05:31 | Report Abuse

Thank you for your statements.

That was a really good and rewarding discussion with you KC. May I add that you are without doubt a very knowledgeable and experienced person.

I can see that people who follow your course will open their eyes to see a whole new dimension of investing and benefit from it.

I also understand now why you need to keep asking people to read and read again what you write.

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2016-11-01 05:58 | Report Abuse

A good discussion.

KC still the MAN.

Nobody could be 100% right but KC still gives good consistent advice. Thanks.

herry168

345 posts

Posted by herry168 > 2016-11-01 08:46 | Report Abuse

Anyone do have analysis for coming year 2017 which company have good growth perfomance in fundamental of real market?ur Sharing will be appreaciated...

SALAM

1,024 posts

Posted by SALAM > 2016-11-01 16:09 | Report Abuse

With or without Capital City, the so-called golden goose, Gadang still a viable and reliable contractors in the good books of MRT and LRT besides other government building contracts..Capital City is a bonus..

herry168

345 posts

Posted by herry168 > 2016-11-02 11:21 | Report Abuse

Well done WCT.... haverst time..

Posted by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > 2019-11-13 16:02 | Report Abuse

Time to revisit this blog

Post a Comment
Market Buzz