3 people like this.

69 comment(s). Last comment by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 2019-11-13 16:02

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2016-10-29 17:12 | Report Abuse

indeed. another master piece from KC.
Afterall, CEO is the biggest salesman in the company.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-10-29 17:26 | Report Abuse

Great! I just noticed Perak Corp

Perak Corp?

This Perak Corp is a very nostalgic stock I bought for 60 cts in year 2006, 10 years ago.

In year 2006 Perak Corp:

1) NTA over Rm3.00
2) P/E only 3.1
3) Paid a small dividend

A look at its NTA showed 1,000 acres of lands in Lumut Port.
Perak Corp(Perak Govt) like Johor Land(Johor Govt), BDB (Kedah Govt), TDM (Trengganu Goct) , KPS(Selangor Govt) were all Govt owned. So quite safe & defensive.

So Perak Corp was an outright buy!

However, at 60 cts almost Nobody wanted anything to do with Perak Corp. So I loaded up and sold all the way when Perak Corp doubled in price,

To my surprise Perak Corp still powered up to be a popular stock today. If I have read KcChongNz write up earlier I might still be holding Perak Corp today

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2016-10-29 17:30 | Report Abuse

hi calvin, wat do u think of Gadang at current situation?

cheated

920 posts

Posted by cheated > 2016-10-29 17:52 | Report Abuse

All stocks are bought in 2013 meaning no stocks bought past 3 years in 2014, 2015 & 2016. Can trust?

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-10-29 20:19 |

Post removed.Why?

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2016-10-29 21:11 | Report Abuse

cheated All stocks are bought in 2013 meaning no stocks bought past 3 years in 2014, 2015 & 2016. Can trust?

You got a point.

I would wish KC could provide a recent list as this would brighten our current depressed atmosphere.

bracoli

2,579 posts

Posted by bracoli > 2016-10-29 22:22 | Report Abuse

cheat? wow that's a strong accusation u've made here king36

wcchua

25 posts

Posted by wcchua > 2016-10-29 22:41 | Report Abuse

every where in i3 also saw calvin hentam gadang kaw kaw. big bully in i3.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-10-29 22:45 | Report Abuse

99.9% Calvin comments are RUBBISH !

wcchua

25 posts

Posted by wcchua > 2016-10-29 22:45 | Report Abuse

write one message, copy and post it everywhere, scare people didn't see it. gadang kill your whole family meh? those who invest in gadang step on your tail ah? don't be so big bully lar.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-10-29 23:01 | Report Abuse

Posted by wcchua > Oct 29, 2016 10:45 PM | Report Abuse

write one message, copy and post it everywhere, scare people didn't see it. gadang kill your whole family meh? those who invest in gadang step on your tail ah? don't be so big bully lar.

Calvin replies:

No no no,

Don't mistake Calvin's kind concern for mischief.

See, lots of people lost their life savings and fortune from the colapse of IFCA. CIMB issued buy call that IFCA TP is Rm2.20. I am here to help and not to hurt.

By buying hot air high flying syndicated balloon stocks many more will get hurt later.

wkitwing

77 posts

Posted by wkitwing > 2016-10-30 01:15 | Report Abuse

hello kc,how do you view about apm automotive?once a excellent company but now its a beaten down fallen angel i would say due to automobile downturns now.however it make me doubt ever since the company raise abt rm1.5billion sukuk.it makes me wonder whether the company will be able to utilize this 1.5billion properly for good because this amount is not small.

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2016-10-30 02:11 | Report Abuse

Uncle Calvin, noted on your good intention. Maybe you can give some advise on Pmetal. I have being in and out Pmetal few times and made good profit. Out now totally and intention to be in again after bonus and split. I am also doing a study of all 3 call warrants, only warrant issued by Pmetal compensated with extra warrant, so a bit scary to buy the wrong warrant. Thanks kcchongnz for so informative article. Tq Calvin.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-10-30 02:24 | Report Abuse

CALVIN-The Saliva Duck's Results speak for itself, and IT DOESN'T TELL LIE !
http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/47695.jsp

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-10-30 09:50 | Report Abuse

2013~2016: The market was down around 2013 because of ge13 and market was up until 2016 before the 1mdb episode. If you have bought a company like a monkey and don't follow other people's advice you would do extremely well right now. Warren Buffett said you have to be a monkey to do well is because you don't have to follow anybody especially investment guru in order to do well in the long run. If you want money for yourself and you don't want to pay for tragedies, please be a monkey and let yourself know only that you are a monkey and not everyone else. Happy trading.

Quote: It is far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price "這個世界不是你一個人的,你不用對你自己不好." than a far-company at a wonderful price "誰對你好你才對他好"~Warren Buffett 你不要別人把你當猴子你就要把別人當成猴子. 你不要做你心裡需要別人才會做妳以後的需要. 你要把別人當猴子別人才會給你香蕉吃.你要把別人當成一個吃香蕉的好人而請他吃香蕉.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-10-30 10:04 | Report Abuse

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.From Albert my friend: "Please don't listen to salesman's talk over and over again and expecting different results."

From "Messrs. Buffett and Munger on Math and Theories

Messrs. Buffett and Munger made clear their complete disdain for the use of higher-order mathematics in finance.

"There is so much that's false and nutty in modern investing practice and modern investment banking, that if you just reduced the nonsense, that's a goal you should reasonably hope for," Mr. Buffett said. Regarding complex calculations used to value purchases, he said: "If you need to use a computer or a calculator to make the calculation, you shouldn't buy it."

Said Mr. Munger: "Some of the worst business decisions I've ever seen are those with future projections and discounts back. It seems like the higher mathematics with more false precision should help you, but it doesn't. They teach that in business schools because, well, they've got to do something."

Mr. Buffett said: "If you stand up in front of a business class and say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, you won't get tenure....Higher mathematics my be dangerous and lead you down pathways that are better left untrod."

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-30 11:14 | Report Abuse

Posted by cheated > Oct 29, 2016 05:52 PM | Report Abuse
All stocks are bought in 2013 meaning no stocks bought past 3 years in 2014, 2015 & 2016. Can trust?

I did not "cheat" you.

Please read and read again to try to understand what I have written, that I did not say I bought all those stocks as listed in 2013. Some forumers in 2013 asked me if the stocks they were interested at that time were good stocks and I provided my opinions which were published in i3investor in some time May 2013.

These things were published in the website three and half years ago. They are public information.

So what is the matter of if you can trust or not? Go check the website.

Op3rs

396 posts

Posted by Op3rs > 2016-10-30 11:20 | Report Abuse

@cheated
people trying to show u how effective is using the said evaluation to evaluate a company, how did u come to interpret it as buying?

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-10-30 11:40 | Report Abuse

People don't give away money for nothing especially when you are nothing to them. When someone understands mathematics but don't understand you, what for you give your money to him. You don't give money to mathematics teacher for your own sake, you give money to them only for your son's sake which you hope your son understand your hardships one day better than anybody else.
If a company is also person, over time, the person's
(1)his skills become obsolete
(2)his habits become old-fashioned
(3)his responsibility changes
(4)his associates changes
(5)his problems changes
Can the mathematics predicts all that or not for you to place your judgement on the person's future action or ability or not.
Lastly, can the mathematics predict a person's longevity or not. If the mathematics can not predict a person's longevity, how can the mathematics predict a company's longevity. A company exists like a person because a company are run by not by a person only. Can a mathematics predict all the ability of the persons in the company or not. Can the mathematics do prediction on company future opportunities or problems or not, why be stupid idiots. Be stupid's don't be idiot's.
I hope you are not fool by a fool and become a fool by paying a fool for nothing constructive to yourself. Using mathematics to predict the world belongs to people who live in flat earth society...this is what Warren Buffett meant when he said. I hope you don't join the people who live in flat earth society or the see everything like a mathematics, 1+1=2 is right only because it is mathematics but for share investment 1+1 is a different story because it involves the round world with far more dimentions and conditions and entities that varies for all situations. For example, the mathematics can not predict a rain and you have to see one coming to you in order to predict it.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2016-10-30 12:07 | Report Abuse

your son=the stock you intend to buy. I don't think the stock understands any mathematics at all.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-10-30 13:33 | Report Abuse

BLee

Uncle Calvin, noted on your good intention. Maybe you can give some advise on Pmetal. I have being in and out Pmetal few times and made good profit. Out now totally and intention to be in again after bonus and split. I am also doing a study of all 3 call warrants, only warrant issued by Pmetal compensated with extra warrant, so a bit scary to buy the wrong warrant. Thanks kcchongnz for so informative article. Tq Calvin.
30/10/2016 02:11

BLee,

I didn't follow up on Pmetal. Sorry, since I didn't study it I can't comment yet.
Best person to answer would be KcChongNz

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-30 13:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by king36 > Oct 29, 2016 09:11 PM | Report Abuse
cheated All stocks are bought in 2013 meaning no stocks bought past 3 years in 2014, 2015 & 2016. Can trust?
You got a point.
I would wish KC could provide a recent list as this would brighten our current depressed atmosphere.

I have shown you numerous times that value investing works very well in Bursa in my experience. I have provided you with the portfolio stocks many times published years ago and their excellent returns so far, to prove that in my very own experience it works.

Yet you still say "Can trust" ah?

When you do not trust value investing, what good is it to give you a list of potential stocks based on value investing?

My advice is forget about believing there is tooth fairy in the stock market. There ain't no free lunch in investing, in fact, for almost everything. Arm yourself and you, and only you, is the one who is dependable for your investing success.

Good luck.

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2016-10-30 13:51 | Report Abuse

Kcchongz, dont keep rechurning your recommendation track record over and over again lah. Havent you heard of the saying "you are as good as your last trade"?

feimah

907 posts

Posted by feimah > 2016-10-30 14:37 | Report Abuse

Oh I see!!!
Somebody is trying to get a free lunch..

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2016-10-30 14:49 | Report Abuse

Thks Calvin. Different between Uncle Calvin and Uncle Kyy is at least uncle Calvin will give an honest reply despite some constructive criticism.

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2016-10-30 15:07 | Report Abuse

FA and TA are all historic analysis. I think we need 'CA' Current/Constructive Analysis. I am doing that for Pmetal. I think I can get a good price after 'ex' price as it will be more share floating around, especially warrant c as too many given 'free'. My 2 cents. A good company is like running a Marathon, we need to look at long term and sustainability. At present, Pmetal is such a company unless some good competitor come along.

Wing50

22 posts

Posted by Wing50 > 2016-10-30 17:30 | Report Abuse

We have to understand that this is only an advertising article. So, it has to repeat again and again the same old story!

By the way, we all know that up-to-date company information is vital in a decision as to whether to buy or sell a share. Share price reacts to constant changes to this information and not some historical financial data.

michaelwong

3,068 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2016-10-30 19:37 | Report Abuse

Not all companies can maintained its credible performance throughout the years . It may still have to subjected to world markets stability to realise its performance where no one can actually foresee

johnny cash

6,356 posts

Posted by johnny cash > 2016-10-30 21:31 | Report Abuse

NOW THE PICKS SHOULD BE FROM IOT SECTOR, INTERNET OF THINGS, PAY MORE ATTENTION ON THIS SECTOR,,SEARCH FOR HIDDEN GEMS IN THIS SECTOR, THANKS

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2016-10-30 22:37 | Report Abuse

Yes, got 'loT' of friends in 'IoT' telling me got 'loT' of jobs and pay wells. Second 'IoT' bubble building up... Please share and be part of CA, Current Analysis. Note: iot and Lot interchanged, not typo error.

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2016-10-30 22:55 | Report Abuse

Wing50 & Michaelwong. Agree with u.

feimah - u r Kay-poh.

I still thank KC for the 200+ articles he has contributed to i3.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-31 03:46 | Report Abuse

Posted by wkitwing > Oct 30, 2016 01:15 AM | Report Abuse
hello kc,how do you view about apm automotive?once a excellent company but now its a beaten down fallen angel i would say due to automobile downturns now.however it make me doubt ever since the company raise abt rm1.5billion sukuk.it makes me wonder whether the company will be able to utilize this 1.5billion properly for good because this amount is not small.

Market goes in cycle. An established and well run company will survive and prosper. A good company with little debt undergoing recapitalization by using a little more debts, is often a good management decision.

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-10-31 10:23 | Report Abuse

kc. how about recommending stock picks......for 2017

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-31 11:41 | Report Abuse

Posted by Wing50 > Oct 30, 2016 05:30 PM | Report Abuse

We have to understand that this is only an advertising article. So, it has to repeat again and again the same old story!

By the way, we all know that up-to-date company information is vital in a decision as to whether to buy or sell a share. Share price reacts to constant changes to this information and not some historical financial data.

Thanks for your statement which is true to a certain extent.

You see how difficult is it for people to get it, even I repeat and repeat again about the proven success in fundamental investing, with facts, figures and all the evidence, from my very own experience, yet they still can't see, nor understand, or refuse to understand, that FVI works, and it works very well.

All my experience in success in FVI, yes, all of them as published, one strategy after another of FVI, provided out-performed hugely. They are all mostly based on what have been conveyed in annual reports, financial statements, historical you may say, but they worked very well.

Do I have to be a snake-oil salesman to give you prediction of the future to be successful in investing?

Posted by RGBfan123 > 2016-10-31 13:20 | Report Abuse

" Generally, many believe the management of a good company frequently listen and respond to their shareholders’ best interests. "

I 100% agree with the above statement.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-31 13:33 | Report Abuse

Calvintaneng, your comments in my threads are always most welcomed because you may be over-zealous sometimes about your stocks, in my opinion, your comments are generally fill with facts and very relevant specially when you warn against some overplayed stocks.

Owners of those stocks should, instead of calling Calvin names, take a deeper look at what he says, find out more, and may be it is beneficial for you eventually. That is the kind of attitude we as small retail investors should possess, take notice of opposite views, rather than having the cognitive bias of confirmation bias.

I really don't know why your comments here should be flagged.

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 14:11 | Report Abuse

KC , your target of talk is wrong this time

it is Calvin who is having the "cognitive confirmation bias" you said.

look at the way he commented about Gadang,
other than Capital city that he called a white elephant, what other fact and data that he had provided.
did he read the agreement of the JV?
did he evaluate the financial status of Hatten int ptv ltd ?
did he knows how JV work?
did he knows how Gadang unlocking the value of the land that was bought and now fully paid , at a price of 35M in return of a profit sharing of 334M for a period 5 and a half years starting from 2015.
why going round bull-shitting creating fear at all corners of i3
he should stick to his bina puri where know more than talking rubbish about thing that he doesn't know much

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-10-31 14:25 | Report Abuse

Posted by kcchongnz > Oct 31, 2016 01:33 PM | Report Abuse

Calvintaneng, your comments in my threads are always most welcomed because you may be over-zealous sometimes about your stocks, in my opinion, your comments are generally fill with facts and very relevant specially when you warn against some overplayed stocks.

Owners of those stocks should, instead of calling Calvin names, take a deeper look at what he says, find out more, and may be it is beneficial for you eventually. That is the kind of attitude we as small retail investors should possess, take notice of opposite views, rather than having the cognitive bias of confirmation bias.

I really don't know why your comments here should be flagged.

Yes, Sifu KcChongNz,

A Big Thank You.

Syndicates flag me as I am exposing them and their ploys.

Btw,

When I first joined i3 Forum I knew nobody here. Only My Johor Sifu MG9231 told me KcChongNz's writing got value. And he said OTB must go and learn from you.

Anyway, all who contacted me through Whatsapp & email in Spore all these days for teaching I directed them to contact. I don't have the time nor the nitty gritty detail.

I really hope i3 people are not conned by syndicates

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 14:26 | Report Abuse

if this shameless personality is not given a big slap on the face
I am not surprise , one day he will tell you that you value investing strategy is outdated, his wild guessing is more truthful

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-10-31 14:27 | Report Abuse

Correction,

All who conteacted me all these years in Spore through EMail or Whataspp I told them to sign up with Sifu KcChongNz

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-10-31 14:31 | Report Abuse

Raider also think should becareful Gadang....bcos it is overplayed with latest below expectation stock price under expectation result loh....!!

Going fwd more and more selling pressure mah.....!!
Raider notice when KYY....start selldown on Focus Lumber....it fall all the way from rm 3.00 to rm 1.45 within a period of less than 3 mths loh....!!

Therefore it is ok to take profit or cut loss b4 too late mah...!!

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 14:32 | Report Abuse

Posted by calvintaneng > Oct 31, 2016 02:25 PM | Report Abuse

I really hope i3 people are not conned by syndicates

they con us , you mislead us
the damage is doubled.

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2016-10-31 14:37 | Report Abuse

Posted by Wing50 > Oct 30, 2016 05:30 PM | Report Abuse

=========================================

If you read a lot of financial books, you will discover that people actually have very short term memory especially when it comes to financial memory.

Imagine if one day KC stopped writing completely, within 1-2 years, nobody would have remembered him, not to mention value investing.
Do you know value investor is actually only a minority group in the market?

As much as KC keeps repeating like a broken record, I think it is a necessity to do so.
Maybe KC you could add some spice into it, by add some new fresh element? or maybe talk some up to date topics like how felicity commented on Gadang?

Anyway, do keep up with the good work KC.

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-10-31 14:42 | Report Abuse

wow, raider also said careful. I better listen

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 14:51 | Report Abuse

I am a fans of KC and cold-eye,

I do not know how to be careful in my investment
I only know I must invest in a company that I can sleep well

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-10-31 14:59 | Report Abuse

If u have the share and not interested in cut loss or take profit...it is your perogrative mah.....!!

For new investors just beware loh....bcos selling pressure is building up....do not jump in....unless and until things settle loh...!!

Just look icon...a smart player...he already cut and run mah...!!
That should be the strategy b4 too late...!1

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-10-31 15:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by GG3261 > Oct 31, 2016 02:51 PM | Report Abuse
I am a fans of KC and cold-eye,
I do not know how to be careful in my investment
I only know I must invest in a company that I can sleep well

In my opinion, Gadang is ok company. It is nothing great, and the management, ok lah, but again is nothing that great.

If you invest in Gadang just a year ago when it was selling at RM1.50, yes, I agree with you, you should be able to sleep well. I did invest in it too, and I also invest for some of my friends too.

But with the private placement, the bonus issues, the share split, the misinformation about the Kwasa Land development, and the heavy promotion, share price shot up to RM3.30, in a short time.

Furthermore, someone also told you to buy more, because he has bought hundreds of millions, because the value of your share has increased and you can use more borrowed money to buy more, etc.

Don't you feel something is not that right?

I may be wrong, as I sometimes do, or rather often do. But in my school of thoughts, we care more of downside than trying to win big, which in my opinion, seldom materialized.

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 15:09 | Report Abuse

talk is cheap,
icon can sold house , sold car to buy camcorp, airasia....
do you believe he will keep gadang and sold his house and car
icon had sold his gadang long long ago......

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2016-10-31 15:17 | Report Abuse

Sep 6, 2016 11:57 AM | Report Abuse

How high can go have to base on your own study especially the momentum of the company, shares split and bonus give. If the price over the value of the company then later kena trap gao gao.. kikikiki

Stock: [GADANG]: GADANG HOLDINGS BHD

Oct 21, 2016 01:04 PM | Report Abuse

Sell Before split.

GG3261

44 posts

Posted by GG3261 > 2016-10-31 15:17 | Report Abuse

KC,
thanks for you advise,
I am safe with the downside of gadang, don't worry
i just can not tolerate some people talking rubbish here

Post a Comment
Market Buzz