5 people like this.

16 comment(s). Last comment by BLee 2016-11-14 22:06

Posted by octopusray > 2016-11-14 12:12 | Report Abuse

Well said. The community needs to be cooperative to make this site better for all traders and investors.

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-14 12:14 | Report Abuse

That's why I am here.

kl foong

421 posts

Posted by kl foong > 2016-11-14 12:15 | Report Abuse

Fully agree. Thumb up to you.

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2016-11-14 12:36 | Report Abuse

fully agree. thumb up .(^-^)

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2016-11-14 12:38 | Report Abuse

if all i3 member mature enough , will less useless posting & personal attack .

Unfair

515 posts

Posted by Unfair > 2016-11-14 13:13 | Report Abuse

What about those posts that cause all China counters to drop below 10 sen? Why only meathere bothers his counters?

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-11-14 13:25 | Report Abuse

Unfair,

To be fair to below point I have to to ask for your clarification since I have absolute no idea what you are referring to 1) what posts, 2) what is my counter that I bother? Can you pls clarify?

4) Provide feedback on readers' suggestions, opinions, questions, etc

Stockwatch

100 posts

Posted by Stockwatch > 2016-11-14 13:33 | Report Abuse

Ageed.
We have created mini sifus along the way and it is not a healthy trend.I doubt seriously it can be done although the administrator has flagged down inflaming articles and comments.One way out is to disable comments but then it would defeat the purpose of a forum.
I think it would be wise for all especially not to disclose or reveal identity card numbers and also , be honourable, you are judged by your comments.
Once you have posted your blog the administrator should not delete the material although I notice some blog comments have gone out of the agenda ie. stick to stocks and investing and not political viewpoints.
Just like Donald Trump clarion call which we need to heed and adopt here perhaps on another forum...we need to drain the swamp of all lobbyists with hidden agendas and made-in malaysia sifus wanna bees ?
My condolences to the family of one of the form members who died a tragic death and who took an opposite position perhaps a reminder?....and it would be sad if this forum turns out this way .

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-11-14 14:22 | Report Abuse

There are many ways of sharing of how one think about certain stock counters WITHOUT promoting and or construed as a buy/sell call.

For example writer can instead share:

1) How he/she COME TO CONCLUSION that certain industry/theme or stock counter can benefit from global policy change, trade agreement change, tariff change, forex, demand/supply, trend, technology change, local government policy change, political climate/sentiments factors, environments factors or other news.

2) Base on the previous financial reports results why and how he/she think the company can move further, can sustain or not, what seem not correct, possible cover-up, play around the figures, using accounting/reporting loopholes or manipulations.

3) How can, why, when a company change of top management team/style, venture into new business, stock exercise, bonus issue, M&A change, company direction can change the company's future profitability and performance.

The main thing is to open up discussion or sharing on why, how, when any change in above or how the writer come to certain conclusion or outcome for the company's profitability or performance. Is not about I am so and so, so when I say this counter will go up, it will go up.

It is up to the readers to asses the writer reasoning, evaluate, counter check or in i3 people like to say do your own homework, or try the tool/ services themselves, or to buy/sell the counter.

curious2

1,812 posts

Posted by curious2 > 2016-11-14 14:29 | Report Abuse

meathere what do you think of forumer like CalvinTanEng who keep post in AA thread? Is he helpful to you or as what your blog suggest?

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-14 14:32 | Report Abuse

And what's your opinion on Koon n CPTeh?

ckkhen

193 posts

Posted by ckkhen > 2016-11-14 14:52 | Report Abuse

I think people like CalvinTan. Koon, CPTeh and others have the right to write about stocks but must back up with facts and financial figures. Also, forumers shouldn't just reply 'buy' or 'sell' without reasons.Finally, please be polite if you disagree with someone's opinion. Not calling them 'stupid' or other insulting remarks. At the end of the day, it's up to us to make our final decision whether to buy, sell, hold or not do anything after reading articles or comments in 13investor.

nekosan

3,637 posts

Posted by nekosan > 2016-11-14 14:54 | Report Abuse

this i3 is useless if people like KYY stop posting their article

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-14 14:56 | Report Abuse

Nekosan, is there any grammar mistake? I presume u wanna write like this....

this i3 is useless if people like KYY continue to post their article

meathere

748 posts

Posted by meathere > 2016-11-14 16:10 | Report Abuse

Curious2 and CharlesT,

Below is my take:

Mr. CalvinTanEng, Mr. KYY, Mr Teh,

1) Mr. CalvinTanEng, Mr. KYY, & Mr Teh, all 3 do directly promote buy/sell call on counters - They can instead share more details on how they come to the conclusion, assessment, evaluation to open up discussion and exchange of opinions between readers and writer like I mentioned in my post response on 14/11/2016 14:22.

2) Mr. CalvinTanEng, & Mr. KYY do provide the rationale or their reasoning and assessments as to why the counter, trend, industry and/or other reason the company can perform or affect future earning but I find some to be have skewed info, left out, purposely less emphasis given for certain factors and downplayed some reason. Basically readers needs to do a lot of filtering and do own counter-check or homework. Nevertheless they do shared some valuable stock picking methodology, trend/material change, demand/supply effects change, property market/area potentials that can open up for discussion.

3) Mr Teh postings sometimes totally not related to financial or investments topic at all like sharing music or MV or just share how he spend time for the day. If he share about financial or investments topic, I found it he has difficulty in trying to articulate in writing as to his objective or purpose for the sharing. What is he trying to convey, what is his argument or reasoning for it? What is the theory behind it, is it practical? When I read his postings I ask myself all these to see if I actually missing out his points.

3) Mr. KYY blog/article has no feedback option so is one way street sharing - that defy the purpose of open discussion, & brainstorming option.

4) Mr Teh never response or feedback after posting so this also defy the purpose.

5) Mr. CalvinTanEng response but sometimes he can be quite defensive, agitated (by readers nasty/not so valid response?) hence if in a good mood he will response with more details and or further clarify readers questions.

So to sum up, ALL three of them if I were to give a rating BASE ON my wish for a better i3investor.com environment criteria is 3 stars with 5 stars being the best fit and 1 start the least fit.

P/s - Mr. CalvinTanEng, Mr. KYY, & Mr Teh, to continue to be constructive, there is no need to cherry picking as is my personal take on the overall since readers asked how I think against the points in the wish for a better i3investor environments. Thank you.

Cheers

BLee

743 posts

Posted by BLee > 2016-11-14 22:06 | Report Abuse

Strongly agreed on item 2 for way forward for i3. All three have pro and con on FA, TA and CA ( Current Analysis, which I like to promote. Example: Brexit, Trump effect, IoT, eFTZ, currency war, commodity price, etc..)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz