12 people like this.

156 comment(s). Last comment by stockmanmy 2016-12-22 16:26

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 17:38 | Report Abuse

kc

after X number of years, how is your track record / wealth compared to KYY.?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-18 17:42 | Report Abuse

Donald Trump win
He is the empty tong and make the loudest noise

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-18 17:43 | Report Abuse

70% vote for empty tong
I don't want to heard anymore complaints

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 17:49 | Report Abuse

Donald Trump surely is the most empty tong and make the loudest noise.

The narcissist wins.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-12-18 17:50 | Report Abuse

Donald will be impeached one day

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 17:52 | Report Abuse

Posted by Icon8888 > Dec 18, 2016 09:22 AM | Report Abuse
KC, soojinhou, CharlesT and many others, you all are my friends.... but sorry guys, Golden Rule works... This is based on real life experience, not theory.
In the article, KC seemed to based his observation on y-o-y EPS changes. The Golden Rule works for Q-o-Q
If a stock's current quarter EPS is higher than previous Q, its price will move up, most of the time (I would say more than 90% chance).
But you guys don't have to agree with me. Use whatever method that suits you.
Anyway, as per my earlier article, my observation of KC is that deep in his heart, he is also an earning guy, despite what he said about cash-flow, EV, etc. In that respect, there is really not much difference between KC and I.
Ha ha sorry KC, I shove thing down your throat.

icon, this was what I said,

"I am sharing with you my personal experience in investing with published records (always) in i3investor showing that the so-called “Golden Rule” doesn’t (accidently) work for me."

Yes, I believe it works for you. I have read your evidence before.

If you read what I wrote in this article itself, I am talking about Q to Q results too from my own personal experience, that it doesn't "accidentally' worked for me. In fact, it doesn't work for most of the stocks I described in this article.

Yours experience is different, because you actually invest based on the "Golden rule".

But if it works for you but not work for me, one cannot say this is a proven workable strategy, can we, like the case I use for playing one-armed-bandit in Genting highland in his article?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 17:56 | Report Abuse

Posted by newbie_Investor > Dec 18, 2016 09:45 AM | Report Abuse
@KC
Magni vs prlexus, which one do you prefer and why? Thanks!

Sorry, can't answer you as do not follow Prolexus. I don't simply pluck things from the sky. It takes a lot of time to study and compare.

May be you can show me some numbers then I can give you a rough opinion.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 18:06 | Report Abuse

Magni vs Prlexus....
just studied this recently.

Depends on time horizon.
less than 1 year...Magni wins
more than 1 year...Prlexus wins.

Prlexus is ambitious, many plans, but in short term the eps dilution from rights issue is tremendous, short term bottomline may also be affected ...Prlexus China operation is ??? people likes Prlexus because by end of next year, it will be fully integrated with own fabric manufacturing.

I have sold my Prlexus for Magni/

so, KC, i didn't use any spreadsheet, or k or g or any fancy stuffs.

we will see.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-12-18 18:12 | Report Abuse

Donald Trump can make the American great again and move all the manufacturing back to their country
:)
They are proposing $15 trillion worth of investment to benefit their industry
We shall see massive QE spree when he took the office

BSC83

87 posts

Posted by BSC83 > 2016-12-18 18:12 | Report Abuse

base on kcchongnz rule, the best company is HHHCorp, 0160!

mike90

203 posts

Posted by mike90 > 2016-12-18 18:16 | Report Abuse

KC so daring hentam KYY again.
C what KYY firing back later.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 18:37 | Report Abuse

kcchongnz Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 05:38 PM | Report Abuse
kc

How is KYY's wealth compared to Seth Klarmen, Joel Greenblatt, Charles Munger,Mohnish Pabrai,Warren Buffet, etc?

Htf is your wealth compared to Coldeye who uses value investing, and your use of wtf "pivotal moment concept" and wtf "dynamic investing" etc.?

Why do you think KKY asked me to invest for him, and later for his wife 2 years ago?

Is that the right way of comparing to show who is a better investor?

I have never seen one who stoops so low to PLP like you in my life!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-12-18 18:38 | Report Abuse

Wahahahahahaha I feel very song

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 18:43 | Report Abuse

kc

one mountain higher than another mountain?

doesn't matter.

I belong to the school that says rudimentary knowledge of FA and TA enough to be billionaire. Mine opinion is based in the real world, not in ivory towers.

I belong to the school that says the man and his decisions is more important to the final outcomes, the man and his decision is better than 20 formulas and 20 accounting ratios.
I wrote about the man ( the men behind successful decisions , not just KYY) here...

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/forum/600111929.jsp

but people not interested.
people wants tips from TA and FA experts...I call them losers...can or cannot?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 18:46 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 05:38 PM | Report Abuse
kc

I started with published portfolios about four years ago and I think four years is a long enough track record to compare. So far there are three official portfolios with about 10 stocks each up to end of last year. The stocks in the portfolio came with detail analysis and comprehensive reports. You may look at each of them and summarise my return of each portfolio, or you can easily find my analysis of the performance of those portfolios in i3investor. Your choice.

Now, please collect the track records of your idol since four years ago as posted in i3investor, and other places, and start comparing my track record and his track record. Look at when he published those stocks, the price then, and the price now. You have to do them one by one, unfortunately, as there is no summarized portfolio.

Please, don't just shoot here and there. Show numbers, figures, returns etc. Look at those track records and tell the whole world here, which track record is better.

Don't just talk cock like what you doing all the time.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2016-12-18 18:47 | Report Abuse

stockmany is cari makan with dynamic investing. help him a bit. he needs to gather momentum by giving out some free preview. When momentum is there plus endorsement of heavy weight uncle, he can charge higher fee than existing sifu like... he indeed got biz sense.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 18:53 | Report Abuse

cheeky

better still. My lectures are free. They say the best way to learn is writing and teaching.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 19:38 | Report Abuse

I guess this thread needs this response.

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/111962.jsp

winner buys me lunch.

yfchong

5,741 posts

Posted by yfchong > 2016-12-18 20:20 | Report Abuse

Important we can find the moat.... this will accelerate the returns n supported ot backing by good or reasonable financial numbers n metrics.....that comes along........... important we buy because of value that .....
Price is what you pay .....value is what you get....

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 21:09 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 07:38 PM | Report Abuse

Good one. I also need your response here which I hope you can provide, otherwise on request, I can do that for you.

Posted by kcchongnz > Dec 18, 2016 06:46 PM | Report Abuse X

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 05:38 PM | Report Abuse
kc

I started with published portfolios about four years ago and I think four years is a long enough track record to compare. So far there are three official portfolios with about 10 stocks each up to end of last year. The stocks in the portfolio came with detail analysis and comprehensive reports. You may look at each of them and summarise my return of each portfolio, or you can easily find my analysis of the performance of those portfolios in i3investor. Your choice.

Now, please collect the track records of your idol since four years ago as posted in i3investor, and other places, and start comparing my track record and his track record. Look at when he published those stocks, the price then, and the price now. You have to do them one by one, unfortunately, as there is no summarized portfolio.

Please, don't just shoot here and there. Show numbers, figures, returns etc. Look at those track records and tell the whole world here, which track record is better.

Don't just talk cock like what you doing all the time.

pputeh

698 posts

Posted by pputeh > 2016-12-18 21:34 | Report Abuse

i am a very small time investor. The last I read was KYY wrote advising us to buy Gadang. Then a couple of days later it was 'I made a mistake & see its earnings will be poor' So sold Gadang. gadang price plunge from rm1.10 after split and bonus. Reaches 90 sen and now KYY says been buying from 89 sen. Now that it has reached 97 sen wonder what he's going to say next. Confused!!!!!!!

mike90

203 posts

Posted by mike90 > 2016-12-18 21:37 | Report Abuse

Buy sell buy sell like trader our super investor.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 21:41 | Report Abuse

While yf and KC debating about moats, KYY already made million with pivotal moments and cut loss.

That is why I am interested in the human being.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 21:44 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 07:38 PM | Report Abuse
winner buys me lunch.

In the appended link above by someone, it discussed about the poor performance of fund manager. Why was that the last paragraph talks about this abruptly?

"I must say there are a few who write like a professor of finance and often post their articles on i3investor to attract students. Before you pay, you must ask them to show their track record. How much money they have made in their life time from share investment?" Koon Yew Yin

Is a happy life about how much money you have,or how happy you are with or without money?

Is it better to earn honest money by teaching some good investment knowledge to new investors so that they can avoid all the pitfalls in investing, better than becoming filthy rich by share manipulation?

Is it better to share investment knowledge like what this article is about, or to carry on personal attack, or trying "to break someone's rice bowl"?

Don't forget that that someone had saved millions selling off his JayaTiasa, Mudajaya and XingGuan, and not a sen was paid t him after three month's work.

I thought he had apologize to me for "saying all the bad things about me", which were not true?

Stockmanmy, is this type of behaviour your guiding principle in life?

God bless you.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 21:44 | Report Abuse

Put what and mike

KYY through his generosity shares with you the necessity of decisive actions.
Professionals take actions, amateurs become frozen soldiers.

mike90

203 posts

Posted by mike90 > 2016-12-18 21:45 | Report Abuse

FLbhd also pivotal moment ma, when above RM1.8...then super investor baru come out tell.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 21:48 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 09:41 PM | Report Abuse
While yf and KC debating about moats, KYY already made million with pivotal moments and cut loss.
That is why I am interested in the human being.

So that millions made from who?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 21:50 | Report Abuse

KC

My guiding principles.....

I love the stock market....it is exciting and fills my life.

KYY has told the story of the CFA nephew who lost a lot of money in a short time.....after he became a CFA.

See the point?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 21:54 | Report Abuse

atockmanmy,

You are not answering my question

Is a happy life about how much money you have,or how happy you are with or without money?

Is it better to earn honest money by teaching some good investment knowledge to new investors so that they can avoid all the pitfalls in investing, better than becoming filthy rich by share manipulation?

Is it better to share investment knowledge like what this article is about, or to carry on personal attack, or trying "to break someone's rice bowl"?

Don't forget that that someone had saved millions selling off his JayaTiasa, Mudajaya and XingGuan, and not a sen was paid t him after three month's work.

I thought he had apologize to me for "saying all the bad things about me", which were not true?

Stockmanmy, is this type of behaviour your guiding principle in life?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 22:10 | Report Abuse

I wrote this sentence everyday
That money is necessary condition for happiness but gratitude is a necessary and sufficient condition for happiness..
I would not call what KYY do as share manipulation. I think there are legal definitions for share manipulation which is not what KYY do.
KC.....the moment you wrote this thread and post it, you have anticipate any thing that comes after that. That is how it goes.

Whatever I write I always anticipate any thing comes next......but never expected people say I am a fake accountant.

mike90

203 posts

Posted by mike90 > 2016-12-18 22:15 | Report Abuse

stockmammy kena puji sikit,fly to moon.
Never realise his real identity.
Wake up la.
Ppl just treat u like toy.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-12-18 22:16 | Report Abuse

This Sticknany love to write thing he don't even know, why bother ?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 22:16 | Report Abuse

KC
I am a CPA, the articled clerk type. Had always been self taught.
Stock market the same.....people should and can train themselves .....a CFA like that KYY nephew also no use with all the theoretical knowledge.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 22:17 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 10:10 PM | Report Abuse
I wrote this sentence everyday
That money is necessary condition for happiness but gratitude is a necessary and sufficient condition for happiness..
I would not call what KYY do as share manipulation. I think there are legal definitions for share manipulation which is not what KYY do.
KC.....the moment you wrote this thread and post it, you have anticipate any thing that comes after that. That is how it goes.
Whatever I write I always anticipate any thing comes next......but never expected people say I am a fake accountant.

So, my new question now,

I sold of all his shares in Mudajaya, Xingguan and Jayatiasa and saved him millions.

Should he "break my rice bowl", or should he show gratitude? as you have said,

"gratitude is a necessary and sufficient condition for happiness."

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-12-18 22:20 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > Dec 18, 2016 10:16 PM | Report Abuse
KC
I am a CPA, the articled clerk type. Had always been self taught.
Stock market the same.....people should and can train themselves .....a CFA like that KYY nephew also no use with all the theoretical knowledge.

I also know about qualified civil engineer who doesn't know how to design a beam.

Likewise, a qualified accountant who doesn't know what is enterprise value.

pputeh

698 posts

Posted by pputeh > 2016-12-18 22:21 | Report Abuse

One word 'POLISH'

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 22:21 | Report Abuse

Mike

Frog in well like you will not know how eagles like KYY fly and see.
Stop blaming, start learning the ropes.

KYY never intentionally set out to mislead people ....

But that is how the market is..

It's mysterious and things happen fast.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 22:31 | Report Abuse

Puteh like all KYY critics can remain frog in well the rest of your lives , it does not bother me....but it's a pity because KYY is a victim not a sinner.

mike90

203 posts

Posted by mike90 > 2016-12-18 22:31 | Report Abuse

Frog with real freedom better than chained up dog.

YiStock

1,984 posts

Posted by YiStock > 2016-12-18 22:38 | Report Abuse

Stockmanmy, IMO, whatever kyy rule is..the good, the bad, itu dia punya pasal..

Reasonably advocate the method is good. Over Confidence till biase is bad.

I think you are overboard (regardless of logic or no logic, correct or incorrect).

Perhaps when one day you have made millions "YOURSELF" using the so call dynamic investing method, it is not too late for you to proudly claim the dynamic investing works then.

For the timw being, i think we need some peace in I3.

Good luck.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-18 22:45 | Report Abuse

Yi

Why scare of some abusive posters?

I no fear.

It is my opinion, KYY is a victim, not a sinner

KYY could not take it

But I can.

Whey Whey

1,839 posts

Posted by Whey Whey > 2016-12-18 22:56 | Report Abuse

@stockmanmy enough laa. Dont need to plp KYY until so low. Readers here are not stupid.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-12-18 23:08 | Report Abuse

This time KYY difficult to justify loh....!!
From the day he says sell....to the point he had accumulate quietly, and says buy... there is nothing fundamental had change at gadang mah...!!

How can he shout sell, then quietly buy & accumulate...then shout buy after accumulated enough leh ??

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2016-12-18 23:14 | Report Abuse

Not withstanding stock market, support kc. Old man at his status still want go down low to kacau you in my opinion. my opinion. forgive him ba. That what make him so filthy rich. Bite everything like a bulldog. Nvm. peace of mind at that age is more priceless than the filthy money. you keep it up.

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-12-19 00:19 | Report Abuse

This article is written special to Mr. Kyy I guess? Hahaha

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-19 00:24 | Report Abuse

in between, you know how much the price has moved?
a good trader is one who has to pick up the money when he sees it.

stockraider > Dec 18, 2016 11:08 PM | Report Abuse

This time KYY difficult to justify loh....!!
From the day he says sell....to the point he had accumulate quietly, and says buy... there is nothing fundamental had change at gadang mah...!!

How can he shout sell, then quietly buy & accumulate...then shout buy after accumulated enough leh ??

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-12-19 00:26 | Report Abuse

I have been writing and writing and writing....but I bought Gadang at 91.5....one day before KYY says he started buying.

and no secret, I actually posted it when I bought.

rogers123

3,992 posts

Posted by rogers123 > 2016-12-19 01:25 | Report Abuse

kcchongnz: Try to use earning surprise...... Comparison of earning from year to year is too simple

malaysiaku

583 posts

Posted by malaysiaku > 2016-12-19 03:07 | Report Abuse

"golden rule"???...kalau macam ini esceram stok pun boleh pakai "golden rule" loh..."revenue" yang sentiasa meningkat sejak disenaraikan dalam bursa... tapi boleh jatuh pula harga saham ini..."golden rule" tak boleh pakai sebarangan....tak ada dalam kamus saham FA.....boleh pakai tapi untuk kyy sahaja...bukan untuk ikan bilis... nanti banyak yang putih mata, kalau pakai kaedah "golden rule"...

rainbowyen

363 posts

Posted by rainbowyen > 2016-12-19 07:41 | Report Abuse

Gadang fundamental is still intact... but to apply golden rule on stock based on eps is not everyone can digest as simple as that....maybe kyy can predict the share prices going up but at the same time he also selling the shares which contradict his teaching.....that's why his recent article causes many readers confused..

Post a Comment
Market Buzz