1 person likes this.

86 comment(s). Last comment by mogul88 2017-02-23 12:42

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2017-02-06 12:20 | Report Abuse

If I sailang Ekovest in 2005, 10 years later what is my return?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 12:28 | Report Abuse

Don't care about personal anecdotes

It is not statistically significant

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2017-02-06 12:48 | Report Abuse

It is statistically significant because I think like an entreprenuer and sailang all my fortune.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 13:07 | Report Abuse

good for you ricky.

you got the making of a Bill Gates.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 13:08 | Report Abuse

and I wish to personally thank you for this book.

the best in the business.

Superforecasting - The Art and Science of Prediction by Philip Tetlock

A must read for every investor. Tetlock examines some of the best minds in predicting and their thinking process. You will learn some of the great tools like think probabilistically, outside view vs inside view, and be a fox, not a hedgehog.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2017-02-06 17:18 | Report Abuse

Stockman, i believe your core idea is legit and noble. But i like to ask is it possible to find a great company in bursa malaysia?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 17:22 | Report Abuse

You will be easily surprised

And. I don't even mean Warren Bufett and his Coca Cola kind of company .....just the kind of companies fairly typical in the Bursa.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 17:24 | Report Abuse

Just the kind of companies fairly typical in the Bursa......you just have to identify their growth phase and stay invested.

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2017-02-06 17:25 | Report Abuse

In the last 3 to 5 years, the only company that I call great is Hartalega. Other than this company, no other company gives me an impression of a great company. Great stock, yes. Great company, maybe.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 17:25 | Report Abuse

KYY golden Rule too

Sslee

5,435 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2017-02-06 17:27 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
One very important point I learn from KYY lecture that I forget to mention is, “Never fall in Love with your shares”
No shares can go uptrend forever thus learn when to take profit or cut loss?
www.koonyewyin.com/2016/11/09/how-to-be-a-super-investor-summary/
I post the parts stock selling criteria/reasons
Stock selling criteria/reasons
• The reasons we bought the share are no longer there or valid,
• Raising cash to buy another better stock,
• Fundamentals have changed,
• The company is showing reduced quarterly profit (Q5 & Q6 EPS vs Q1 & Q2 EPS),
• Shares which have gone up too rapidly. If the fundamentals are still intact, buy them back during correction,
• Notes: sometimes it also depends on individual’s knowledge, understanding, experience, holding power, risk appetite and circumstances.
He made no apology to those who still hold on to the JAYA TIASA when it is so clear to all that the reasons we bought the share are no longer there or valid.

Thank you

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 18:00 | Report Abuse

stone...if the word great company restricts you, you can use other words such as exceptional companies...., what you want is a company this year will make more money than last year, still decent PE....you want some thing a bit more exceptional because you want to sailang,...you want some thing inside view confirms with outside view....you want some thing that can be tested with public information,

you want to give yourself a good probability by looking at the charts too.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 18:09 | Report Abuse

some of the best plays are recovery stories where trailing PEs are negative.....must not forget that too.

cheoky

2,823 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2017-02-06 18:10 | Report Abuse

Ten people sailang based on your criterias, 1 become rich, 2 become negative rich to banker, other into oblivious. Or all ten becomes rich? Icon pls advice

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 18:21 | Report Abuse

and as always, what matters in the final analysis is how many shares you got and are willing to commit not how many cock and bull stories you got.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 18:26 | Report Abuse

the process of pruning has been a very useful strategy for me in recent months.

stay invested . stay invested 100% at all times,

stay invested during the US elections
stay invested even when Hillary lost and Trump won and I am a Hillary fan.

for me, to buy any thing, I have to sell some thing.

change horse, they say

ride a faster horse

keeps the portfolio pruned, fit and ready.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 18:34 | Report Abuse

adding on more of the winning horse and cutting off the limping horse has been very rewarding psychologically and financially.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 18:36 | Report Abuse

adding on more of the winning horse and cutting off the limping horse has been very rewarding psychologically and financially.....sailang

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 18:54 | Report Abuse

what to do? society does not want you to know its secrets/

cheoky > Feb 6, 2017 06:10 PM | Report Abuse

Ten people sailang based on your criterias, 1 become rich, 2 become negative rich to banker, other into oblivious. Or all ten becomes rich? Icon pls advice

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-06 20:20 | Report Abuse

from beginning of this year more than 150 stocks up more than 20% according to ibot universe.

cannot make money in this environment means you need a better sifu.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 00:20 | Report Abuse

you had 150 options to make 20% or more ( some of them treble digits) in the month of January alone...all you had to do was sailang any of the 150.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 00:32 | Report Abuse

If everybody sailang some thing on 1 January, some of you will show good returns in Jan 2017.
Is it all luck or skills involved too?

Yes, skill involved too, not all down to luck

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 11:36 | Report Abuse

you want to choose stocks in such a way the success factor can be repeated again and again, not just lucky.

how to do it?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 11:46 | Report Abuse

Not all dynamic investment work loh....!!

A good example...is mammy promoting CSC at Rm 2.38 & above....raider says caution, despite raider having position in CSC.....bcos raider know CSC has run up alot loh....!!

Raider says choobee better, bcos....it has more margin of safety loh..!!
The current share performance....confirm value investment in Choobee a much better choice than csc loh....!!

If u play dynamic investment....always check...whether still have reasonable margin of safety loh...!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 11:48 | Report Abuse

Now mammy very quiet on promoting CSC loh....!!
Bcos he was conned by KYY loh...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 11:54 | Report Abuse

CSC is a fine company with growing EPS.....
Choo Bee is a company in subtraction mode.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 12:19 | Report Abuse

choo Bee, some times cannot even get 1 lot done .

they might as well de list it.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 17:38 | Report Abuse

raid

you are a know nothing talk a lot @@@@

stock picking skill as bad your judgement of character.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 20:00 | Report Abuse

Stock picking...where got character involve leh ?

Unless manipulative like u and kyy....then character involve loh...!!

Remember ur UMWOG....how much losses u have caused loh...!!

Same applies...when u promote CSC at its high above Rm 2.38 loh...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 20:10 | Report Abuse

Raid

Since you do not know how to judge character, how can you be trusted to pick stocks?

Tin kosong is all we get out of you.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 20:16 | Report Abuse

Ur comment...on character very subjective loh....!!
U says Trump is a bad is a bad person...i says he is great loh..!!

Most important ....alot American think trump is great and can be trusted, thats why he is voted as a president of usa against all odds loh...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 20:18 | Report Abuse

Raid

You are wrong about every thing including PNB.....that is par for you.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 20:21 | Report Abuse

I tell you about Trump
Trump suffers from narcistic personality disorder and over developed level 1 thinking from his reptilian brain and a defective level 2 thinking from the frontal lobe.

I hate people like you who so misreads the situation that now, the world is under random by a mad man.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 20:30 | Report Abuse

How can raider wrong leh ??

USA has the best Dow run under trump.....!!

Pnb...is doing badly...lately...just look at UMWOG loh....!!
Also...Sime consolidate into a big holding company few yrs back....now want to break ....all these are done to con naive uncles & aunties loh..!!

For Sime...they promote...big consolidated holding as a successful model...just a few yrs....they now sing a diff tune ?

U must understand conman...can no longer con....they always change rules & stories....to try to regain its conning initiative loh..!!

Be wary of bumi...PNB fund...if they cannot ...take advantage of non bumi...who else they can take advantage mah...!!

Of course...they cannot...con bumi investors...not many mah...and agst their principle loh...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 20:38 | Report Abuse

raid

you have no screen for characters.

you will make a bad CEO and bankrupt any thing you touch.

better not touch any thing.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 20:42 | Report Abuse

on CSC, results not even out.....still early days.

On KYY, he probably bought from $ 1.70 to $ 2.30. His average I no idea. but certainly is no disaster.

He can do what ever he wants. His money. and CSC is a good company with bright future and game changer.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 20:47 | Report Abuse

Myth
Popular myth and fallacy found in all discussion forums and popular investment /trading books.

Set a realistic target take profits on 50% and let balance of 50% run with trailing exit price to protect profits.

What I have now learnt.
forget all that.
who has ever become rich, I mean really rich trading shares as opposed to finding a really exceptional company to invest in?

In that strategy,
up a bit already want to sell 50%
up a bit more, all gone....trailing stop even worse.
trailing stop means sell into the slightest wind.

U MUST UNDERSTAND THE MINDSET OF TRADERS LOH....!!
THEY ARE WARY OF OWNER OF STOCKS, WHO IS OUT TO CON THEIR MONIES..!!
THEIR PROTECTION IS TO MONITOR THE STOCK PRICE AND THE BUSINESS PERFORMANCE CAREFULLY LOH...!!

How to be rich? really really rich?
when all gone, have to go look for another company.
the dog chasing its tail. Never ends and if lucky, goes no where.

Have there ever been a super investor who fall into the traps of random / temporary fluctuations?
They all have their own opinions well before the random fluctuations, not just react to them except to take advantage of random fluctuations.
SOME PEOPLE SAYS IT IS RANDOM FLUCTUATION....BUT TRADERS CALLED IT RED FLAGS INDICATOR LOH...!!

Investing as a business
If investing is a business
Then like all businesses, super investors learn very early to sailang.
THIS IS RUBBISH LOH....U SEE KYY SAILANG ON XINGUAN, FLB, JTIASA....HOW MUCH HE LOSE LEH ?

That is totally different from what everyone is used to in listening to the media, books, and portfolio managers.
I guess because of that, really really successful ones in the stock market is a rare thing.

One has to unlearn every thing that one has learnt of the stock market
Sailang is a very difficult thing to do, especially difficult for normal conservative people to do. THIS KYY...ACTUALLY HAD INSIDER INFORMATION ON LIIHEN, VS ETC...THATS WHY MAKE GOOD MONIES...BUT THIS IS ILLEGAL LOH...!! IF U R A RETAILER U NORMALLY DO NOT HAVE THIS UNFAIR PRIVILEDGE LOH...!!

No guarantees. Everyone has only one life.

With everybody, the propensity to avoid uncertainties is very high . People will pay a high price to avoid uncertainties.
This results in most normal people taking profits way way too early , even of shares of exceptional companies that they have identified.

All successful businessmen have struggled and sailang at least once in their lives. To the blessed ones come success. But success is also perspiration and preparation.

A bird in hand is not always better than 3 in the bush. If one can treat life as a game of probability, like the professional poker players do, we have increased our chances for success.
U MUST "CHEE LEONG LOH" CHINESE SAYS IF U HAD NO BIG HEAD...DON WEAR SO BIG HAT LOH...!!

so, practice patience and look for the exceptional company .........THIS RAIDER AGREE...BUT NEVER FOLLOW KYY BCOS HE IS A CONMAN LOH....!! BUY WITH BIG MARGIN OF SAFETY..IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL MAH

This article can change your life if you give it a chance.
Share this.
RAIDER SAYS READ THE ARTICLE WITH A PINCH OF SALT LOH...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 20:49 | Report Abuse

RAIDER SAYS READ THE ARTICLE WITH A PINCH OF SALT LOH...!!

for you...no use....

I think one reason Warren Bufett is such a successful investor is because he has a great read of people character., and he himself a great man.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 20:54 | Report Abuse

W BUFFET NEVER ADVOCATE....DYNAMIC INVESTMENT LOH....!!
HE ADVOCATE GREAT COMPANY WITH GREAT COMPETITIVE MOAT LOH...!!
HE ALSO ADVOCATE MARGIN OF SAFETY LOH....!!

W.BUFFET IS A TRUE LONG TERM VALUE INVESTOR, UNLIKE KYY JUST A MODIFIED VERSION OF STOCK SPECULATOR MAH...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 21:00 | Report Abuse

I have never said KYY is Warren Bufett....but both are successful in their business.

I made a bold prediction , that since you are such a lousy judge of character, you must also be a lousy stock picker.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2017-02-07 21:02 | Report Abuse

stockmanmy

I made a bucket sailang on airasia at 0.9, and sold at 2.6, before it went up to 3.3. 100% plus full margin, all bought in 1 day. I would never sailang again. I was beyond lucky, it shoot up the next day and kept doing so for a year. If it go down the next day, i can really cry d.

You're right, when you find that right situation, you must be ready to throw a large amount at it. But for safety,it is 10-15% (max and cash), 30% if its really fucking extraordinary.

Look at valaent. Great (back then) company, many people hold a lot there, 94 to 27 dollar in a month. Its now USD14 per share.

You can only sailang, when its, you buying the whole company and can look at the entire books, front, back, right, centre. Or its really too fucking cheap. Like airasia then. I was beyond confident then, but i would never do it again.

My advice, 3-5% each company, if you think its better, 7-10%. You dont have perfect information. And there is 800-900 companies in Bursa, dont tell me you cannot find 10-20 worth investing in.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 21:04 | Report Abuse

kYY IS A CONMAN....AND MAMMY IS PROMOTING HIM AS A GREAT STOCK PICKER LOH.....!!

KYY IS JUST A MANIPULATOR AND A PUMP & DUMP SPECULATOR LOH...!!

HE HAS NO MORALE UPBRINGING LOH....HE WILL ALWAYS PREY ON THE GREEDY...THE NAIVE AND THE GAMBLERS AND THOSE FACEES THAT WORSHIPPED KYY LOH...!!

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2017-02-07 21:05 | Report Abuse

Stockraider, warren buffet is long term, but he's also short term. If you really look at his trading patterns, he got quite a few short term bets one.

Warren buffet sailang, also i dont think he throw more than 30% of his company total next worth into another company. None of his stock or companies held is worth more than 15% of berkshire.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 21:07 | Report Abuse

You can only sailang, when its, you buying the whole company and can look at the entire books, front, back, right, centre. Or its really too fucking cheap. Like airasia then. I was beyond confident then, but i would never do it again.

My advice, 3-5% each company, if you think its better, 7-10%. You dont have perfect information. And there is 800-900 companies in Bursa, dont tell me you cannot find 10-20 worth investing in.

A VERY RIGHT CONCLUSION BY CHOIVO LOH....!!
AT LEAST U UNDERSTAND THE RISK LOH...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 21:09 | Report Abuse

jon...how do you buy more than 15% of Bershire assets in any one company?

not possible...but WB is most certainly not afraid to sailang...he has been doing it throughout his life.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 21:13 | Report Abuse

too standard an advice, not suitable for the ambitious.

==================================

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 21:13 | Report Abuse

YES...WARREN MAY HAVE SHORT TERM, BUT AT LEAST NOT SO SHORT COMPARE TO KYY LOH....!!

BTW A MAJORITY OF W.BUFFET WEALTH ARE MAKE FROM LONG TERM GREAT COMPANY INVESTMENT OVER VERY LONG TERM THICK & THIN LOH....!!

RAIDER CAN SEE...3iii IS THE GREAT PRACTIONER OF W.BUFFET TECHNIQUE HERE LOH....!!
HE IS CLOSEST TO EMULATE W.BUFFET IN I3 INVESTORS LOH...!!

ASK YOURSELF WHICH STOCK U HOLD MORE THAN 10 YRS ?
WHAT IS THE PRORPORTION LEH ??
3iii CAN GIVE FLYING COLORS ANSWER ON THE ABOVE QUESTION LOH...!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-02-07 21:15 | Report Abuse

George Soros, KYY, Warren Bufett.....

They are made of sterner stuffs than the retirement fund managers.

paperplane2016

21,621 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2017-02-07 21:15 | Report Abuse

Hi, raider bro.longtimenosee. gongxi fa ca

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-02-07 21:17 | Report Abuse

U COMPARE THE VERY BEST WITH AVERAGE FUND MANAGER LOH...!!
NOT FAIR MAH...!!

U NEED TO COMPARE THE VERY BEST COMPARE WITH SUPER FUND MANAGER LIKE PETER LYNCH LOH.....!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz