Be the first to like this.

21 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2018-01-20 21:12

Posted by John Lu 《 HIBISCUS 》 TP RM2 > 2018-01-20 10:14 | Report Abuse

Sochai!! Rubbish

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2018-01-20 10:58 | Report Abuse

Foreign fund? U mean mr 1 lot from Singapore ?

Patron

1,163 posts

Posted by Patron > 2018-01-20 10:58 | Report Abuse

I am longing fkli but everytime when Tan Eng the king of terbalik cheers I will be a little bit cautious. So please diam diam and stop spamming

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 11:22 | Report Abuse

WAHAHA!

LUser & his parrot better stand aside!!!

Rampaging Bull is charging!!!

MRCB

Massive
Rushing
CHARGING
BULL!!!!

Posted by John Lu 《 HIBISCUS 》 TP RM2 > 2018-01-20 11:38 | Report Abuse

Bull your head...stupid like dog

rchi

20,924 posts

Posted by rchi > 2018-01-20 11:51 | Report Abuse

hahaha local institutions selling every trading day is jibby way of injecting money into klse....so pandai lar calvin....Lol

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 12:03 | Report Abuse

rchi
i see Amanah Saham Bumi buying Maybank
Duta Yap buying dutaland shares
TSVT buying 7 Eleven
Johor Sultan buying Bj Assets
Choah Kwang Hua buying Opcom
Tabung Haji buying MRCB

ALL THESE AND MORE ARE QUIETLY ACCUMULATING

AND IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME NAJIB WILL PUMP MORE TO SUPPORT KLSE

AND ONCE FOREIGN FUND MANAGERS HAVE MADE THEIR STOCK ALLOCATIONS LIQUIDITY WILL POUR INTO KLSE.

CHECK OUT ALL THE FIGURES

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 12:09 | Report Abuse

I also see Insiders buying Carimin. And Star papers coming out with a secret writeup on Carimin? Something brewing in this laggard O&G stock?

Posted by John Lu 《 HIBISCUS 》 TP RM2 > 2018-01-20 12:35 | Report Abuse

Insider your head!! Follow insider? U die 1st....buy coffin for u want?

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 12:45 | Report Abuse

One fella bought Carimin 200 lots.

In Carimin got support but in UMW OG ASB is selling.

That shows that Carimin is better than UMW OG

See

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/5664537

Posted by helloworld123 > 2018-01-20 12:53 | Report Abuse

This kind of market optimism is unwarranted! I sense danger ahead.

Posted by John Lu 《 HIBISCUS 》 TP RM2 > 2018-01-20 13:01 | Report Abuse

200 lots?? Haha haha...so small consider insider play? Please la stupid

Posted by John Lu 《 HIBISCUS 》 TP RM2 > 2018-01-20 13:02 | Report Abuse

200 lots × 400 = RM80000? Insider play with RM80k? Wakaka...

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 13:32 | Report Abuse

Bursa in coming months! A case of mature bull rally developing into continous uptrend!

Posted by Papaya Juice at Jan 20, 2018 01:14 PM | Report Abuse
Unless we see unfavorable variables popping and depressing bursa, we may see the bull turning aggressive in months to come!
This week we saw the bear trying to bring down the bull only to be upstage yesterday! This can only mean one thing! That the bull refuse to handover the reign to the bear!
And after painfully watching US markets superbull for the last year or so, it become apparent that foreign funds will be aiming laggard markets with trillion of US dollar at their disposal!
So far we only receive 10 billion foreign funds and this may be a long term funds! What this means is that, hot money yet to flood our bursa! Which also means, that it only takes another 10 billion for bursa to be foreign controlled! Yup, if you fail to notice, local funds are slowly losing their pole position in bursa! Once foreign funds take control, then the big bad bull will be out from his cage! And anything is possible! Even a blind can throw the dart and hit the bull's eye!
My simple advise, buy and hold until end of the year! Unless fundamental change like Pakatan winning GE14 or another 1MDB or HUDUD pops out, then bursa is going through some consolidation for explosive movement ahead!

Papaya juice aka fortunebullz,

So bullish now?

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 13:50 | Report Abuse

Posted by helloworld123 > Jan 20, 2018 12:53 PM | Report Abuse

This kind of market optimism is unwarranted! I sense danger ahead.

Sense danger ahead?
Yes for all high flying hot air balloon stocks selling above instrinsic value.

But Calvin tells all to Buy Undervalue, Unloved, Overlooked shares with potential

See last year Calvin Called For a Buy on DRB at 92 sen? Then this year DRB rose to Rm2.50 (now only danger to chase Drb!)

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY MRCB BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE STILL BEARISH ON MRCB

See these bearish comments in MRCB Forum

AXXX
In my opinion,it's still consolidating.It is possible to test 1.1-1.12.It's ranging now to narrow the bollinger band
19/01/2018 17:39

TXXXX
consolidate some more ? no eye see (✖﹏✖)
19/01/2018 18:07

Mohd Fahmi Bin Jaes

Sell

19/01/2018 18:18

newbie4444 Agree.

Mohd Fahmi Bin Jaes Sell
20/01/2018 10:13
20/01/2018 11:57

SXXX Sarah, let's sell down this one wahahahaa
20/01/2018 13:25

SEE HOW SO MANY PEOPLE ARE FEARFUL IN MRCB FORUM?

WAHAHA!!

AND WHEN ALL THE PEOPLE ARE FEAR CALVIN FOLLOWS SIFU WARREN BUFFET TO BE GREEDY!!!!!

newbie2014

340 posts

Posted by newbie2014 > 2018-01-20 15:17 | Report Abuse

Dont forget buy bjcorp, now ding at 34sen, soon dong at 40sen and bingo then

Posted by John Lu 《 HIBISCUS 》 TP RM2 > 2018-01-20 15:50 | Report Abuse

著名投资者彼得林奇曾经在书中列举了失败者的几个思维,你有吗?

●股价已跌到这样,不可能再跌了
●这只股票跌成这样,见底了
●股价只有几仙,我能亏多少呢?值得买啦!
●最终股价会恢复的
●等到股价反弹到xx元再卖出

彼得林奇指出,只有你冲破了以上思维,才能在投资市场上得心应手。

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 16:04 | Report Abuse

Peter Lynch’s 10 investing gems

1. Understand the nature of the companies you own and the specific reasons for holding the stock.
A lot of people buy stocks with the mentality – “This stock is really going up!”

This reasoning of buying stocks has never worked in the long run. You might buy a stock that is going up in price, and you might make some money in the short run. But in the long run, this basis of buying stocks is going to suck you into a never ending whirlpool of losses.

A stock is just a share in a business. So it’s important to understand what is the kind of “business” that you are getting into. And then you must have specific reasons to buy and hold the stock (again, reasons that have less to do with how the stock price is doing and more to do with how the business is doing).

2. Consider the size of a company if you expect it to profit from a specific product.
You might say, “I love Maggi! In fact, everyone loves Maggi. So Nestle must be a very good stock!”

Let me ask you, “Great! But what if Maggi is just 1% of Nestle’s total sales, and the products that contribute the remaining 99% aren’t that great? Does Nestle still sound like a great investment just on the basis of one great product that contributes just 1% of its sales?”

Now what do you say?

See, companies selling products or services that everyone love or is talking about is worthy of “considering” as a potential investment.

But, as an investor, the greater task for you is to know how much of that great product or service means to the company. If it does not contribute meaningfully to the company’s sales and profits, it can’t be the core reason for buying that stock.

3. Be suspicious of companies with growth rates of 50-100% a year.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell,” goes a famous saying. In the same way, companies that are growing at rates of 50-100% annually must be looked at with suspicion.

One reason for this is that such growth cannot continue for long (for reasons like higher competition that might want to take a pie of this growth opportunity). The second reason is that if such a company still wants to push for higher growth for a few more years, it might have to infuse more capital in the business.

This could either mean stretching the balance sheet (by taking on debt) or diluting equity (by issuing new shares). Both these are bad omens for existing shareholders.

What is more, one year of slowdown in growth can come as a shock to the stock market, and might lead to a sharp fall in the stock price.

4. Distrust diversifications, which usually turn out to be diworsefications.
Experience suggests that most diversifications (acquisitions of companies in the same area or a different one altogether) are done to satisfy the egos of promoters, and not for real business reasons. And most of the diversifications end up as diworseifications.

So watch out for companies that are blazing guns in this space.

5. People get incredibly valuable fundamental information from their jobs that may not reach the professionals for months or even years.
Not many small investors appreciate this, but it is one of the best ways they can pick great stocks

If I’m a banker, I know what makes up a bank’s balance sheet and I also know which banks are worth banking upon as investments.

Considering this, I would be a fool eyeing biotechnology or IT stocks, especially when I don’t understand the ABCs of these industries, but just go by what my broker or friend advises me.

Of course I might enhance my circle of competence and learn about these industries, but my first hunting ground must be ‘banking’.

6. Separate all stock tips from the tipper, even if the tipper is very smart, very rich and his or her last tip went up.
Even if I love my fund manager for his stellar track record in managing my money, toeing all his stock ideas without doing my own research would be fraught with extreme risks.

The stock he is recommending on CNBC might form just 0.001% of his total portfolio. I might be so enamored by his story on the stock, that I may buy it in bulk and it forms around 10% of my small portfolio.

Now when this stock crashes, the fund manager would appear smart for taking a very small risk with it. I might lose my shirt.

So the idea is to always do an independent research on a stock before you even think of buying it.

7. Invest in simple companies that appear dull, mundane, out of favour, and haven’t caught the street.
Such a company is rarely covered by stock analysts and bought by fund managers. So there is a great chance that the stock could be available at a great bargain.

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 16:06 | Report Abuse

8. Companies that have no debt can’t go bankrupt.
This is the most important lesson that you would remember (or forget) when it comes to identifying the right businesses for investment.

Companies that borrow money to grow their businesses might appear good (because they are ‘growing’).

But more often than not, such companies get so much intoxicated by the growth that they end up making a mess of their balance sheets, and in the process, destroying whatever shareholder wealth they created during “growth” years.

Look at realty and construction companies, and you won’t have to look anywhere else for such examples.

9. Devote at least an hour a week to investment research. Adding up your dividends and figuring your gains and losses doesn’t count.
I have been shouting this from the rooftop of Safal Niveshak all this time, but not many seem to hear. So now, let me tell you how much Peter Lynch believes in the power of “independent investment research” in the success of an investor.

Lynch suggests that you must invest at least as much time and effort in choosing a new stock as you would in choosing a new refrigerator.

10. When in doubt, tune in later.
Now this is where the emotional part about investing comes into play.

I have spent ten days researching a stock, and thankfully on the eleventh day, I find that it’s a great business and even available at a good discount to the intrinsic value. So it seems like a perfect “buy”.

Now, what in the world should stop me from buying this stock?

Well, here are some questions that must stop me from buying that stock (call it XYZ) instantly:

Am I biased towards XYZ just because I’ve spent ten days researching it?
Am I getting over-confident with my analysis?
Am I impressed by just the company’s recent performance?
Do I like the stock just because it has fallen in price?
Do I like it just because my friend advised it to me in the first place?
If the answer to any of these questions makes me uncomfortable, it’s an indication that I must sleep on the stock idea instead of buying the stock then.

There have been numerous instances where I have waited weeks or even months before committing money to a stock idea I liked.

As Peter Lynch says, “The key organ for investing is the stomach, not the brain.”

The 15-20 days after I complete my analysis on a stock help me know whether my stomach is ready to digest the stock even when the mind answers in the affirmative.

Posted by John Lu 《 HIBISCUS 》 TP RM2 > 2018-01-20 20:52 | Report Abuse

CALVINTANENG, the king of finding undervalued “rubbish” stocks, and as a former car sales man, a consummate promoter (this is not a compliment). I still think it is very unethical to promote stocks like he does

calvintaneng

55,531 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-01-20 21:12 |

Post removed.Why?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz