Be the first to like this.

42 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2018-07-29 16:07

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 18:12 | Report Abuse

tom...u dont agree Najib government is a totally corrupt government?

world's leading kleptocracy.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 18:13 | Report Abuse

the head is corrupt .....how can the body and tail be different?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 18:29 | Report Abuse

anwar's time will come. No need the hurry.

In fact, I think Anwar is glad it is Mahathir not Anwar doing the heavy stuffs now.....

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2018-07-27 19:15 | Report Abuse

Hmm....anwar time will come? Yaya cpming soon..watch pkr election loh...the boat is rocking.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 19:31 | Report Abuse

tom

I am very satisfied with Mahathir 2.0.

look at the cabinet.....Mahathir 2.0 has done an excellent job.

Posted by AlphaJuliet1708 > 2018-07-27 19:32 | Report Abuse

I'm just bothered that a 90+ years old man is a Prime Minister. Should he be thinking about the Hereafter in case his time comes?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 19:33 | Report Abuse

we even got 3 pretty Ministers ...never happened before.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 19:34 | Report Abuse

AlphaJuliet1708 > Jul 27, 2018 07:32 PM | Report Abuse

I'm just bothered that a 90+ years old man is a Prime Minister. Should he be thinking about the Hereafter in case his time comes?
==========

anwar takes over. Problem solved.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 19:35 | Report Abuse

Theresa, Hannah, Yeo.....

which is your top pick?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 19:46 | Report Abuse

tom

good news... Najib case judge changed to friendlier judge.....

Mahathir smart....don't leave any thing to chance.

Posted by AlphaJuliet1708 > 2018-07-27 19:46 | Report Abuse

Why haven't Anwar takes over yet? I feel pity for Dr. M.

He's old. Governing the country and dealing with all these foreign challenges seem pretty stressful.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-27 19:49 | Report Abuse

its alright by Mahathir.

when his time comes, he gets a bigger send off than even Lee Kuan Yew....that must be what is driving him forward.

bagan

754 posts

Posted by bagan > 2018-07-27 20:11 | Report Abuse

I thot Pak Lah said that hahaha...mahadey mudah lupa, he was the one who created Malaysia inc that distributed national wealth to his cronies that along the way was shared with the gov servant that helped facilitates the process...

bagan

754 posts

Posted by bagan > 2018-07-27 20:15 | Report Abuse

Asked him to assign sprm to check ksus, kp, ydp personal account, as one of my clients proudly declared to have assets as much as 400mil while his father was a kp

ZEPAN

606 posts

Posted by ZEPAN > 2018-07-28 00:05 | Report Abuse

Very true, everyone want to join UMNO and make money until our country is curi till all dried up.l They rob and steal everywhere there is money eg EPF, TH etc.

ZEPAN

606 posts

Posted by ZEPAN > 2018-07-28 00:06 | Report Abuse

Time to put these people in Bamboo River Resort for a long long time

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 00:08 | Report Abuse

y ... Tom > Jul 27, 2018 08:48 PM | Report Abuse

We all know that except qqq3 who thinks Mahathir is godsend salvation from up there!
=======

to be so healthy at 93 must have divine intervention.....

ZEPAN

606 posts

Posted by ZEPAN > 2018-07-28 00:16 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 27, 2018 07:31 PM | Report Abuse

tom

I am very satisfied with Mahathir 2.0.

look at the cabinet.....Mahathir 2.0 has done an excellent job.

Very true brother qqq3, more fireworks to come, let's watch the show. I would like to see all the corrupted UMNO warlords and even those top government servants spend their final days in Bamboo River Resort, all free courtesy of the Malaysia Rakyat, huhu

bagan

754 posts

Posted by bagan > 2018-07-28 09:15 | Report Abuse

I don't think that's going to happen, looks how taib mahmood enjoying himself even sprm cleared him from any corruption. So if you guys are dreaming of a cleaner Malaysia under this old pm, then you must be too young and know nothing abt mahadey 1.0 hahaha you guys are simple minded people, mahadey tells you Najib a kleptocrat, you believe, he tells you he is squeky clean you also believe him. Now he is telling you sprm said taib mahmood is clean hahaha I bet you'll also believe him hahaha

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-28 14:16 | Report Abuse

Put it this way loh...Mahathir 2.0 is very much cleaner mah...!!
No doubt about it mah....!!

U all complain like cock for what ??

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2018-07-28 15:13 | Report Abuse

why got two stock raider? 0MG, even in i3investor also Msia Boleh, with two stock raider... :-(

laychee

1,743 posts

Posted by laychee > 2018-07-29 14:26 | Report Abuse

He helped build version 1.0. He destroyed version 1.2 and now upgraded it to 2.0. Hope MY OS won't crash in this new update.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:00 | Report Abuse

TO ANS FAKE STOCK RAIDER COMMENT

MAHATHIR 2.0 PAKATAN HARAPAN IS THE LESSER EVIL COMPARE WITH BN AND PAS LOH.....!!

WHAT ALTERNATIVE U HAVE LEH ???

TALK SO MUCH COCK ALSO NO USE LOH....!!

MAHATHIR IS STILL THE BETTER OPTION MAH...!!

Posted by Stock Raiders > Jul 29, 2018 02:55 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 28, 2018 12:08 AM | Report Abuse

to be so healthy at 93 must have divine intervention.....

Answer : He goesa for very expensive blood transfusion! Blood of young men fro Venezuela every month! If you can afford 300k per treatment, you too can be as healthy!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:16 | Report Abuse

WHATEVER FAKE STOCK RAIDER COCK TALK...WHAT OTHER ALTERNATIVE WE HAVE LEH ??

MAHATHIR 2.0 IS STILL THE BEST OPTION WE HAVE OF NOW...AS HE IS ACCEPTED BY THE MALAYS TOO LOH...!!

Posted by Stock Raiders > Jul 29, 2018 03:06 PM | Report Abuse

Better option! You must be sick in the brain! Anway, exchange of views are healthy except when one so egoistic that he can't accept views of others! I always appreciate others views!

Stock Raiders
504 posts
Posted by Stock Raiders > Jul 29, 2018 03:08 PM | Report Abuse

Mahathir had 100% failure rate on mega projects! Rakyat end up bailling him out! The better option is Anwar! During Asian financial crisis, all of his cronies were less affected compare to Daim and Mahathir who need Khazanah to bail them out! Don't believe me, go check yourself!

Stock Raiders
504 posts
Posted by Stock Raiders > Jul 29, 2018 03:09 PM | Report Abuse

The only faulty part of Anwar Ibrahim is his perverted taste! He already punished 20 years for that! It's up to his family to accept who he is and judging from the well upbringing of his children and resilient wifey, i said Anwar Ibrahim deserve the chance to 'Ubah' our nation!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:22 | Report Abuse

IF ANWAR BETTER OPTION....THERE IS AN AGREEMENT TO WAIT 2 TO 3 YRS IN WHICH ANWAR ALREADY AGREED MAH...!!

PUT IT THIS WAY LOH...MSIA IS ALWAYS HANDICAPPED TO SPORE LOH...BCOS MAJORITY OUR PEOPLE NOT ASK SMART & EFFICIENT LOH...!!

Posted by Stock Raiders > Jul 29, 2018 03:19 PM | Report Abuse

Anwar Ibrahim is better option! It's up to Mahathir to realise as soon as possible for else he will destroy Malaysia for 2nd time! Don't trust the oldfox! Everything he touch, turns bad!

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2018-07-29 15:24 | Report Abuse

Most of them Datuks, Datuk Seri..... enjoying their well-rewarded lives/
How????

Posted by ZEPAN > Jul 28, 2018 12:16 AM | Report Abuse

.....Very true brother qqq3, more fireworks to come, let's watch the show. I would like to see all the corrupted UMNO warlords and even those top government servants spend their final days in Bamboo River Resort, all free courtesy of the Malaysia Rakyat, huhu

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:33 |

Post removed.Why?

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:43 | Report Abuse

There are lots of things u guys can't see. But let me ask u 1 thing, would u prefer BN continue ruling? Reform is a process, it require 1 step at a time, it isn't about 1 person, is about each person giving it a small push and after a long time, u see the result. If deadlock, nothing will change, once it start moving, there is hope but not necessary be positive. While is true the first step has been taken but it doesnt mean it will get better, given the current political dynamics, it could go either way, so dont think this new malaysia is stable, it isn't. Another thing, the cabinet line up show not enough competent ppl in it. I'm afraid given the challenges they are facing, they won't be able to handle it but i'm not looking at 100% what they will be able to achieve, i'm looking at the small push, step by steps, if u don't move, just stay there, nothing will get done. In a reform process, there will be back and forth things going on, it won't be straight line. But that disappointment is what reform is about, when mistake is made, you reform to ensure it doesnt happen, when corruption is uncovered, u take steps to prevent it form happening, u close the loopholes, there are many holes, u won't know where all of them are, but each time u find one, u close it and keep repeating the process and that is what reform is about, u don't use a magnifying glass to look at things.

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:44 | Report Abuse

many here are shortsighted ppl, u don't look at the big picture,

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:45 | Report Abuse

in fact when i see those stupid comments, i get quite angry, bcoz they are stupid comments.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:46 |

Post removed.Why?

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:47 | Report Abuse

reform is a straight line? In politics, u can't always have what u want , bcoz there are certain things in the equation made it impossible, what matter most is take one step at a time. There are politics at play, u can't expect to have something perfect

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:47 | Report Abuse

what matter most is not worse that BN and there should be improvement

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:48 | Report Abuse

the reason why certain things cant be done is bcoz of the balance of power

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:49 | Report Abuse

I've already said what i want to say, is all there, if still can't comprehend what I'm saying, no point explaining anymore.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:51 | Report Abuse

THE KEY IS ALWAYS TO SUFFER TOGETHER MAH...!!

FOR TOO LONG...WE R SHOULDERING MORE THAN OUR RESPONSIBILITY MAH...!!

THEY MUST LEARN TO TAKE SOME RESPONSIBITY LOH...!!

IF NOT BCOS MSIA RINGGIT COLLAPSE....INFLATION...1MDB CORRUPTION...AND ALL MSIAN SUFFER...DO U THINK PAKATAN HARAPAN GOT CHANCE TO BE GOVT AH ??

Posted by hollandking > Jul 29, 2018 03:47 PM | Report Abuse

reform is a straight line? In politics, u can't always have what u want , bcoz there are certain things in the equation made it impossible, what matter most is take one step at a time. There are politics at play, u can't expect to have something perfect

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:52 | Report Abuse

AT LEAST LESS CORRUPTION & MONIES POLITICS RIGHT NOW LOH....!!

Posted by Stock Raiders > Jul 29, 2018 03:48 PM | Report Abuse

What reform! Mahathir already indicates that he wants to bring back ISA!

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-29 15:53 | Report Abuse

in future, there will be a time ,the balance of power will move towards sabah/sarawak, these 2 will be kingmakers. The one that have the support of these 2 will form fed govt. That is why Bersatu so interested in moving in to sarawak, if got a choice, they would love to move in to sabah too.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:55 |

Post removed.Why?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 15:56 | Report Abuse

SABAH & SARAWAK DON LIKE WEST MSIA LAH....!!

Posted by hollandking > Jul 29, 2018 03:53 PM | Report Abuse

in future, there will be a time ,the balance of power will move towards sabah/sarawak, these 2 will be kingmakers. The one that have the support of these 2 will form fed govt. That is why Bersatu so interested in moving in to sarawak, if got a choice, they would love to move in to sabah too.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 16:05 | Report Abuse

BELOW IS WHAT WE CALL POSITIVE REFORM LOH....!!

No more over-priced govt projects and procurements, says works minister
Author: savemalaysia | Publish date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018, 03:39 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, July 29 — Works Minister Baru Bian said he would ensure that future government projects and procurements are closely supervised to stop the past practice of over-priced tenders and contracts.

“Personally I would advocate for open tenders extensively because they are competitive and very fair commercially,” he told Bernama in an interview.

He said for this to happen, the Works Ministry would work closely with other ministries and agencies in ensuring that due processes and procedures were carried out throughout the procurement and technical assessments.

Baru said there was some truth in public perception that previously, the Works Ministry despite having experts like engineers and quantity surveyors were not fully involved in the process of determining the price of mega projects thus leading to inflated costs of such projects.

"There is truth in that. But the Works Ministry now wants to ensure that for infrastructure projects implemented using the conventional method or development expenditure, we will be actively involved in providing our technical expertise throughout the assessment process to pre-determine the value of the tender,” he said in response to question that previously such costing was decided mainly by the Finance Ministry or other agencies.

Baru admitted that the ministry had very little input in the case of projects implemented under the public-private sector partnership mechanism but he would in future push for the open tenders as well.

The minister said exemption to the open system would be given to procurements involving national security and time-sensitive projects like during emergencies such as floods where because of time factor, works were limited to certain people and prices fixed at a certain mark.

“So in that sense, you need to give it to limited contractors because of the nature of the project itself. But the selection of tender method is subject to the policy direction of the new government, especially the Minister of Finance and that very much involves the availability of funds.

“Once they are fair, once they are controlled and transparent, I think we should be confident that future contracts are not simply decided by “ certain people” but would be very open and competitive,” he added.

At a meeting with about 200 senior officers of the Public Works Department (PWD) in Alor Setar last week, Baru said the PWD spent about RM100 billion a year on procurements through various projects and tenders.

And to ensure prudent spendings of public funds, he pledged to use open tenders extensively and transparently especially for mega projects to prevent wastage.

In the interview, Baru also agreed with public perception that despite Malaysia having some First World infrastructure and public amenities, the quality of their maintenance was of Third World standard due mainly to budget constraints.

He cited as an example some RM2 billion needed annually to maintain federal roads and other infrastructure under his ministry but the ministry’s budget for this was only between RM600 million and RM800 million or not even close to 50 per cent of the actual budget needed.

“Because of this, about 30 per cent of federal roads are in poor or bad condition. Roads can last up to seven years before they need to be resurfaced. In Malaysia we don’t do that because we lack funds. So it’s a problem because at the same time we are also maintaining and implementing other projects,” he said.

On the iconic multi-billiion ringgit Pan-Borneo Highway linking Sabah and Sarawak, the biggest infrastructure project ever in the two states, Baru said the ministry was looking at its implementation with a focus on its overall costs.

“If there is an opening where the stakeholders are open and understand the whole restriction that we have as a nation, looking at the economic downturn, we are looking at that possibilities and see how much we can agree.

“We don’t force people but we try to negotiate on it. Having said that, of course we don’t want to compromise on the technical requirements and also the scope of the project and the security aspect of it must be protected,” he said when asked if the government would insist on a review of the overall project costs.

Baru revealed that some meetings on this issue had started between the contractors and the finance ministry during which “some suggestions” were conveyed to them.

“They are supposed to come back and we will see what decision that would be made on the ministry’s suggestions,” he said.

He said as of May, about 22.2 per cent of Phase 1 of the highway on the Sarawak side had been implemented while on the Sabah portion, 12 packages out of a total of 35 had been tendered out. — Bernama

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-29 16:07 | Report Abuse

THIS WHAT I CALL A BODOH MENTALITY LOH....!!

NO MONIES STILL WANT TO REMOVE TOLL AH ??

More time needed for toll removal, says EPF chief
Author: savemalaysia | Publish date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018, 02:58 PM

July 28, 2018

CEO Shahril Ridza Ridzuan says government had other priorities in terms of monetary needs to be addressed at this time.

EPF CEO Shahril Ridza Ridzuan says toll restructuring is very complicated as the interests of all parties must be considered.

KUALA LUMPUR: The proposal to abolish toll collection cannot be finalised within 100 days as outlined in Pakatan Harapan’s (PH) manifesto, according to Employees Provident Fund (EPF) CEO Shahril Ridza Ridzuan.

He said the government had other priorities in terms of monetary needs to be addressed at this time.

Moreover, the toll abolition involves a complicated process and various parties.

“We have given some suggestions and ideas (to the government) but ultimately, any toll restructuring is indeed a zero-sum game where one needs to make a payment, whether or not it provides a balance between the users and the concessionaires,” he told reporters after delivering his keynote address at the Economic and Leadership Forum 2018 here today.

Shahril said toll restructuring was very complicated as the interests of all parties must be considered.

“I think the government also wants to be fair because toll removal and compensation to the concessionaires will transfer the burden to taxpayers, and I think that (being fair) is the priority of the government,” he explained.

The EPF has a 49% stake in toll highway operator PLUS Malaysia Bhd, while Khazanah Nasional Bhd’s unit UEM Group Bhd owns the remaining equity.

He also said Malaysian investors needed to have confidence in the market and the government, being aware of this, did not want to do anything that could hurt it.

Meanwhile, during the question-and-answer session, Shahril said the Malaysian economy was expected to remain volatile this year, at least until October.

Foreign investors’ sentiment was to stay on the sidelines, as they were cautious about the country’s current situation in terms of economic policy, he said.

“For a short time, there will be many uncertainties, as the government has yet to set the investment policy or market drivers that they want to implement.

“I expect the (economic) uncertainties will remain until the upcoming budget presentation,” he added.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz