5 people like this.

206 comment(s). Last comment by stockraider 2018-08-13 23:42

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-30 18:03 | Report Abuse

SAMETHING WARREN BUFFET ADVICE DON USE DERIVATIVE AND MARGIN FOR INVESTOR BUT ACTUALLY WARREN USES ALOT OF DERIVATIVE EVEN HE CALL IT DANGEROUS AS WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION LOH....!!

BUT CAKAP & BIKIN TAK SERUPA LOH....!!

MAYBE HE PLAN TO ADVICE GENERALLY...USE THE SAFEST & LEAST CONTROVERSIAL PATH LOH.....!!

IN REAL LIFE...COLD EYE USES MARGIN ALOT TOO....!!

Posted by kcchongnz > Jul 30, 2018 05:52 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Jul 30, 2018 05:49 PM | Report Abuse
BTW COLD EYE ALSO USES ALOT OF MARGIN LINE TOO LOH....!!
THAT MEANS HE ALSO SUPPORT THE USE OF MARGIN LIKE RAIDER LOH....!!

This appears in my article here.

"The Peril of Margin Finance

Just not long ago, I read three books in Chinese written by a real super investor in Malaysia who has built substantial wealth in the stock market. As I remember in his books, he keeps on discouraging the use of margin finance for the public, but following the “right path” in investing, in particular value investing, to build long-term wealth in investing in part of a business, i.e. investing in good stocks of public listed companies. He had sent the right and proper message to the public, despite he had also sometimes made exaggerated return of investment by using leverage. This is a great advice from him."

Don't take my words only. Go and read his books, if you understand Chinese. Do not simply put words into his mouth.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-30 18:10 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Jul 30, 2018 06:03 PM | Report Abuse
SAMETHING WARREN BUFFET ADVICE DON USE DERIVATIVE AND MARGIN FOR INVESTOR BUT ACTUALLY WARREN USES ALOT OF DERIVATIVE EVEN HE CALL IT DANGEROUS AS WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION LOH....!!
BUT CAKAP & BIKIN TAK SERUPA LOH....!!
MAYBE HE PLAN TO ADVICE GENERALLY...USE THE SAFEST & LEAST CONTROVERSIAL PATH LOH.....!!
IN REAL LIFE...COLD EYE USES MARGIN ALOT TOO....!!

That is why they should be the role models. They may use margin in investing (Warren Buffett doesn't). They may have made a lot of money doing it because they are good(How many people in the public are as good, or even close to them in investing?). But in their public speeches and writing, they express very strongly against the public using it. Because they know very few people can handle it, and most of them bankrupt doing it.

That is humility, social responsibility and behavior of true super investor.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-30 18:19 | Report Abuse

RAIDER FIND ALL THOSE CONVENTIONAL TRADITIONAL THINKING OUT OF LINE....IF THEY ARE WILLING TO BORROW ALOT OF MONIES TO BUY HOUSES UPTO 90% AND CARS 90%, IS IT NOT USING SHARE MARGIN GEARING 65% VERY MUCH SAFER LEH ???

IMAGINE U BUY A HOUSE U MAY BORROW UPTO RM 600K AND A CAR A DEPRECIATING ASSETS MAYBE RM 100K, WHY NOT FOR A START WITH RM 100K SHARE MARGIN FACILITY LEH ???

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-30 18:23 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Jul 30, 2018 06:19 PM | Report Abuse
RAIDER FIND ALL THOSE CONVENTIONAL TRADITIONAL THINKING OUT OF LINE....IF THEY ARE WILLING TO BORROW ALOT OF MONIES TO BUY HOUSES UPTO 90% AND CARS 90%, IS IT NOT USING SHARE MARGIN GEARING 65% VERY MUCH SAFER LEH ???
IMAGINE U BUY A HOUSE U MAY BORROW UPTO RM 600K AND A CAR A DEPRECIATING ASSETS MAYBE RM 100K, WHY NOT FOR A START WITH RM 100K SHARE MARGIN FACILITY LEH ???

Raider, are you comparing apple with apple?

Borrow to buy a house or a car because young people starting work or a family need to, and using share margin to punt in the stock market which is full of uncertainties?

As a financial advisor, I used to advice young people to buy a house and a car they need as soon as they can afford. Of course they need to borrow.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-30 18:35 | Report Abuse

WRONG LOH....!!

U SHOULD ENCOURAGE THEM TO START WITH A SHARE MARGIN 1ST SAY ABOUT RM 70K MARGIN WITH RM 30K EQUITY...BCOS IT IS EASIER TO START AND LESS CAPITAL INVOLVE LOH...!!
THIS PROVIDE THEM, WITH A SOLID INVESTMENT TRAINING GROUND...DO IT B4 THEY GET MARRIED LOH.....!!

WHEN THEIR INCOME MORE STABLE GO AND BUY A HOUSE LOH....!!

BUY NEW CAR THE LAST LOH...USELESS COMMITMENT...MAKE DO WITH PUBLIC TRANSPORT, IF CANNOT MOTOR CYCLE AND IF NO CHOICE BUY A 10 TO 15 YRS OLD RELIABLE JAP CAR LOH....!!
NO NEW CAR ..VERY WASTEFUL LOH...!!

LIKE THAT ALL THEIR RESOURCES IS PUT TO GOOD USE LOH...!!

Posted by kcchongnz > Jul 30, 2018 06:23 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Jul 30, 2018 06:19 PM | Report Abuse

Raider, are you comparing apple with apple?

Borrow to buy a house or a car because young people starting work or a family need to, and using share margin to punt in the stock market which is full of uncertainties?

As a financial advisor, I used to advice young people to buy a house and a car they need as soon as they can afford. Of course they need to borrow.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-30 18:51 | Report Abuse

Raider, you may be good as a investment "advisor" for investment banks which have been promoting margin finance, such that they will make a lot of money from punters in the stock market.

Certainly you are not qualified as a professional financial planner/advisor who could take care of the interest of those young people.

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2018-07-30 18:54 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz manyak lanci. His kfima not yet recover

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-07-30 18:54 | Report Abuse

Lai lai raider start to shout d. Hahaha

What personal attack? What have i said about your that is untrue or you did not do?

Own up to your own failures and bullshit.

Warren Buffet did not do derivatives, or at least in the sense people think he does. When he bought over General RE, it had a derivative position and he had them liquidate it . However it took like 4 years to fully liquidate.

His operating units sometimes used derivatives for operational purposes. Very different from gambling with derivatives.

You are right margin and leverage is not evil, but it motivates people to use it in a very stupid way. Where even smart and good people die because of it.

Its like sugar. Little bit of the right kind, can d. Not good for health but won't kill you. If someone is like 25% margin, nothing wrong, equity got 100k, margin another 25k, can tahan. Wont get margin call.

Anything above 75% margin, and you must be a special kind of stupid, or a hedge fund manager playing with other people money.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-07-30 18:58 | Report Abuse

Raider, when recession happen, as long as you can meet your monthly payments, you can keep your house and car. The bank wont sohai suddenly ask you pay for the entire loan one go or they sell your house or car.

Very different from margin.

If bank offer me personal loan at 5% effective interest rate, with only a monthly repayment, i wont mind taking it.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-30 18:59 | Report Abuse

WOW...HOW COULD U SAY THAT....I ASK THEM NOT TO BUY NEW CAR....THAT IS ALREADY ALOT OF SAVINGS LOH....!!

YES I ASK THEM TO OPEN MARGIN....SO THAT THEY HAVE A MEANINGFUL INVESTMENT CAPITAL MAH.....!!

IMAGINE THEY HAVE ABOUT 30K....THIS IS TINY....FOR INVESTMENT LOH...!!
YES MARGIN....DOES NOT MEAN THEY NEED TO SAILANG ON 1 STOCK LIKE KYY ADVICE LOH...!!

Posted by kcchongnz > Jul 30, 2018 06:51 PM | Report Abuse

Raider, you may be good as a investment "advisor" for investment banks which have been promoting margin finance, such that they will make a lot of money from punters in the stock market.

Certainly you are not qualified as a professional financial planner/advisor who could take care of the interest of those young people.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-30 19:04 |

Post removed.Why?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-30 19:35 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Jul 30, 2018 06:59 PM | Report Abuse
WOW...HOW COULD U SAY THAT....I ASK THEM NOT TO BUY NEW CAR....THAT IS ALREADY ALOT OF SAVINGS LOH....!!

Me: This is a good advice. But they need to buy a car to go to work. Working is the most reliable way of earning money. Not use margin to punt on stock market.

YES I ASK THEM TO OPEN MARGIN....SO THAT THEY HAVE A MEANINGFUL INVESTMENT CAPITAL MAH.....!!

Me: You need a car to go to work, a second hand small car. You need a permanent shelter over your head if you have a family. Borrow money to buy a house also is a forced saving, a sure forced saving. House price often go up in value over the long-term. At least it won't like stock which could tank by 50% often, whether good or bad stocks.

IMAGINE THEY HAVE ABOUT 30K....THIS IS TINY....FOR INVESTMENT LOH...!!
YES MARGIN....DOES NOT MEAN THEY NEED TO SAILANG ON 1 STOCK LIKE KYY ADVICE LOH...!!

Me: Which is a priority: buying a second hand which you need to go to work, a permanent shelter over your head when you start a family which you can call it your own and at the same time forced saving, or use margin to buy stocks to hope to get rich quick in the short term, which nobody can be sure about that?

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-30 19:57 |

Post removed.Why?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-30 20:34 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Jul 30, 2018 07:57 PM | Report Abuse

ALWAYS REMEMBER INVESTMENT CAN BE YOUR 2ND SOURCE OF PERMANENT INCOME ON TOP OF YOUR PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT....U NEED TO LEARN THE ROBES QUICK & U NEED TO KNOW WHETHER U R SUITABLE AS A POTENTIAL GOOD INVESTOR LOH...!!
BETTER PUT UR COMMITMENT ON THIS LIFE LONG LUCRATIVE INVESTMENT BUSINESS
WHEN U R STILL YOUNG LOH...!!

THE EARLIER U START THE BETTER UR CHANCES OF SUCCESS LOH....!!

Me: Of course and fully agree with you. That is also my advice as a professional financial planner. But the difference of your advice and mine is, you propagate the use of margin finance, for the young people which you know very well they are not good in investing, and that 90% of them lose money in the stock market, and that they will likely lose money, and exaggerated losses with margin finance.

WHY GO TO TRADITIONAL WAY LIKE BUY CAR & BUY HOUSE 1ST....WITH LOADS OF FINANCIAL COMMITMENT WHEN U R YOUNG.

Me: If you have a job, and your office is way out of public transport system, isn't that a priority, over getting a margin finance to use in stock purchase, which is no way certain of making money?

RECESSION HAPPEN MAY MEAN HILANG KERJA...SUPPOSE U GOT RM 600K HOUSING LOAN AND RM 100K CAR LOAN....WITH MONTHLY SERVICING COMMITMENT HOW ??

Me: Your house is still worth a lot of money, unlike in a stock market crisis, one loses all his money! Which is worse?

What is the chance one loses his job and can't even find another, compared to the stock market tanking?

Note I am not talking about not investing, but not using margin finance.

IF U HAVE A MARGIN...MAY COME HANDY TOO DURING RECESSION & LOST OF JOBS...CAN DRAW SOME CASH OUT...TO TIE OVER YOUR MONTHLY SERVICE COMMITMENT...WHILE STILL HUNTING FOR NEW JOBS LOH...!!

Me: Your "margin" appears to be used as "in the event of recession, losing job". Not for buying stock meh? Isn't that defeating its purpose?

No need to pay commitment fee, roll-over fee, interest etc ah?

Posted by PotentialGhost > 2018-07-30 21:23 | Report Abuse

KC don't irony , I don't think so you are a smart investor ,you just only hide in the hole ninja turtle, you like to using celebrity quote to show how you smart in stock market ,sao pei lar you , 听你在吹牛逼吗o0o , Kyy have donate better than you lar Turtle.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-07-31 02:13 | Report Abuse

Raider,

I can give you an argument, but I can't give you an understanding.

zhen wei & JP

1,169 posts

Posted by zhen wei & JP > 2018-07-31 05:10 | Report Abuse

@@

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-31 20:15 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-07-31 20:20 | Report Abuse

>>>31-Jul-2018 Insider MADAM TAN KIT PHENG (a substantial shareholder) disposed 1,000,000 shares on 30-Jul-2018.
31-Jul-2018 Insider MADAM TAN KIT PHENG (a substantial shareholder) disposed 693,000 shares on 27-Jul-2018.
31-Jul-2018 Insider MR KOON YEW YIN (a substantial shareholder) disposed 6,662,900 shares on 30-Jul-2018.
31-Jul-2018 Insider MR KOON YEW YIN (a substantial shareholder) disposed 2,962,500 shares on 27-Jul-2018.
31-Jul-2018 Insider MR KOON YEW YIN (a substantial shareholder) disposed 1,599,900 shares on 26-Jul-2018.<<<

More disposal of Jaks shares by KYY.

10 million + shares sold. Why?

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-01 16:40 | Report Abuse

Margin is essentially taking on more risk.

This higher risk method in your investment strategy, allows you to borrow at a certain interest rate to invest with the aim of achieving high capital gains, should the operations turn out right for you.

On the other hand, you may sustain greater losses should the operations turn out the opposite to your expectations.

[Note: You can take on leverage if you find a situation in your favour, like in an arbitrage operation, when you are 100% certain you will come out the winner.]

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-01 16:41 | Report Abuse

But arbitrage operations are rare.

For most people, this advice is sound:

"If you are smart in your investing, you do not need to leverage or use margin. If you are not so smart, you have an added reason not to go that way."

:-)

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-01 18:59 | Report Abuse

osted by stockraider > Aug 1, 2018 06:56 PM | Report Abuse X

Yes margin slightly higher risk...but it train u to have discipline & risk management that u may not or seldom get, as a cash investor mah...!!

If u going to lose monies as a margin investor...then, the likely scenario u r still going to lose monies even u r cash investor

Lets put it this way...if u r not smart enough or u r not make for share investment, u r going to lose monies whether u use margin or cash investor....thus it is better for u & for the sake of ur family to avoid share market totally loh...!!

If you are smart in your investing, you do not need to leverage or use margin. If you are not so smart, you have an added reason not to go that way."
WRONG LOH.!...OF COURSE IF U R GOOD & SMART ENOUGH....U R GOING TO MAKE MONIES ANYWAY...THEN WHY NOT U USE MARGIN TO MAKE EVEN MUCH MORE LEH ??

Posted by 3iii > Aug 1, 2018 04:40 PM | Report Abuse

Margin is essentially taking on more risk.

This higher risk method in your investment strategy, allows you to borrow at a certain interest rate to invest with the aim of achieving high capital gains, should the operations turn out right for you.

On the other hand, you may sustain greater losses should the operations turn out the opposite to your expectations.

[Note: You can take on leverage if you find a situation in your favour, like in an arbitrage operation, when you are 100% certain you will come out the winner.]

3iii
3418 posts
Posted by 3iii > Aug 1, 2018 04:41 PM | Report Abuse

But arbitrage operations are rare.

For most people, this advice is sound:

"If you are smart in your investing, you do not need to leverage or use margin. If you are not so smart, you have an added reason not to go that way."

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 14:26 | Report Abuse

Raider can talk a lot of cock, expert in talking cock leh. Don't forget this Raider aka General of Holland turn a few million profit winning position into a few thousand. All the while telling all his machai to sailang HY at high price and die-die hold until TP rm32.

Now General Holland say in his own words..... "RAIDER LOSE BCOS FOLLOW & ASSIST THEM TOO MUCH MAH...!!

Blame his machai for distracting him woh. Not because he is a really lousy investor/trader, not because he use margin but because he got "Distracted by his machai".hahaha.

How low can a person go?

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 14:31 | Report Abuse

How many people here turn a few million winning position into a few thousand on a single counter?

Somemore General Holland hantam people who decide to sell/take profit on HY early by calling them stupid, pondan and other names. After that, General Holland kena raided by HY and got his ass kicked, and now he is telling all of you what to do? hahaha

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 14:33 | Report Abuse

""RAIDER LOSE BCOS FOLLOW & ASSIST THEM TOO MUCH MAH...!!

This is the worse. Instead of looking at your own mistake, he blame his machai.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-07 14:41 | Report Abuse

USE UR BRAIN & THINK LAH...!!
LIKE THAT ALSO DON KNOW MEH ??

IF U CAN SWIM VERY FAST....BUT U NEED TO HELP A YOUNG BOY...DON KNOW HOW TO SWIM....U CAN STILL SWIM VERY FAST MEH ??

WHY ALL THE CHINESE PEOPLE SAYS NEP POLICY SHOULD GO AH ??
BCOS THEY THINK....AFTER 30 YRS OF IMPLEMENTATIONS....THEY HINDRANCE THE OVERALL PROGRESS OF THE NATION MAH...!!
U CAN HELP BUT THEY MUST WORK HARD & GROW UP MAH...NO TOO MUCH OR FOREVER SPOON FEEDING LOH....!!

THATS WHY RAIDER SAYS KYY OPEN HIS BIG MOUTH TOO MUCH LOH...!!

YES SOCIAL SERVICE BUT THEY MUST BE ALWAYS A LIMIT OR SPACE FOR THEM TO GROW UP MAH....!!

Posted by gotrep > Aug 7, 2018 02:33 PM | Report Abuse

""RAIDER LOSE BCOS FOLLOW & ASSIST THEM TOO MUCH MAH...!!

This is the worse. Instead of looking at your own mistake, he blame his machai.

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 15:03 | Report Abuse

USE MY BRAIN? JUST LISTEN TO YOU I WILL BE RICH ALREADY WHAT, RIGHT? HAHAHA

LIKE I SAID....YOU CAN TALK A LOT OF COCK, Boy GENERAL of HOLLAND.

I AM WAITING FOR YOUR NEXT BUY CALL, General Holland. HOPEFULLY BETTER THAN HY TP RM32 HAHAHA

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 15:04 | Report Abuse

DON'T FORGET TO BUY YOUR 'GOLD MEDAL' AT PETALING STREET, GENERAL HOLLAND. HAHA

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 15:06 | Report Abuse

WHEN YOU BUY INTO HY, PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN SEE YOUR ASS GET KICKED AGAIN, OK? :)

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-07 15:12 | Report Abuse

No more tell u when raider buy & sell loh....!!

Don want to make same mistake like KYY ...talk too much loh....!!

Secretly does it mah.....!!

Posted by gotrep > Aug 7, 2018 03:06 PM | Report Abuse

WHEN YOU BUY INTO HY, PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN SEE YOUR ASS GET KICKED AGAIN, OK? :)

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 15:30 | Report Abuse

It would help a bit also when you refrain from hantam people just because they have a different opinion than yours. nobody likes to be called names and made fool of (irrespective of whether you are at football match or not). thank you.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-07 15:37 | Report Abuse

Hentam is for them to analyse, discuss, debate & learn loh....!!

If Lee Chong Wei, go china play badminton & got hentam by the home crowd, he losses bcos of poor match & crowd temperament, then how ??
He is not a complete player yet loh....!!

samething mah...u need to be a complete investor loh...!!

Posted by gotrep > Aug 7, 2018 03:30 PM | Report Abuse

It would help a bit also when you refrain from hantam people just because they have a different opinion than yours. nobody likes to be called names and made fool of (irrespective of whether you are at football match or not). thank you.

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-07 23:10 | Report Abuse

True, true.

Then I hope you won't be shy and will share with us when you buy HY again. So not only can we enjoy seeing your ass get kicked (again) but we can all learn together. Sounds fair?

Eagerly awaiting your next buy call, Mr expert General Holland. Let's learn together.

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-08-07 23:15 | Report Abuse

haha, dun talk to stockraider sifu like that. I follow my sifu call buy from rm5 to rm19 hrc last year wor…. if no raider sifu ask me to keep, I would have walked away with mickey mouse profit only.

now im diff d, I got a good beginner start, and I know who helped me

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-08 10:28 | Report Abuse

Aiyah, everyone is here to learn what. So general Holland raider should not be so shy loh. Share so everyone can learn loh, like he say.

Dont forget, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Why didn't you follow again when he say die die hold until rm32 until berak tak ada handbrake? Its not what you do right that kills you in the stock market, it's what you do wrong loh.

gotrep

29 posts

Posted by gotrep > 2018-08-08 10:36 | Report Abuse

OTB also give buy call on HY, a lot of people make. Then he also lost 2nd round but less than a few million like your sifu. And unlike your sifu, OTB never say he lose because he assist his machai too much loh.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-11 09:50 | Report Abuse

As raider says MF is just a tool loh....!!

The arguement whether MF is good or bad, is just too side of coin arguement mah, it can be good or can be bad loh...!!

For raider for it to be good, u must be much more competent in terms of investment skill than the average general public, thus MF should be able to give u amplify return loh...!!

People says share margin may cause u amplify losses thus becareful loh.!
RAIDER AGREE LOH...!! THATS WHY RAIDER STRESS ON INVESTMENT SKILL & RISK MANAGEMENT B4 U USE MF LOH...!!

Then why raider recommend to newbies, knowingly they are not so competent leh ??
Yes raider recommend to newbies bcos they are most suitable bcos they are young, not much capital, just starting to learn loh...!!

a)Young...means u got time to build & acquire investment knowledge.
b) Not much capital...means if u lose everything...it is not that much to lose mah..!!

Think this way, ur parent investing alot of monies for u to acquire an oversea general good U degree that easily cost rm 500k to rm 1000k, can u see immediate good return? No loh...but u see it is essential to give u a long term head start in your future good career job advancement loh...!!

Likewise if u invest rm 20k to rm 30k to get MF rm 60k to Rm 100k to get a good headstart in your investment training which is good for your long wealth accumulation...in fact if u r successful, u can build ur lifelong 2nd income source mah...!!

People says u already good why take more risk on MF loh...!!
U NEED TO UNDERSTAND ALREADY GOOD AND ALREADY WEALTHY DIFFERENT LOH..!!
U R GOOD, BUT U R NOT RICH LOH....U NEED TO PUT UR GOOD EFFORT SUCCESSFULLY TO ACQUIRE WEALTH MAH...!!

WHY U NEED TO BORROW ??
PUT IT THIS WAY LOH....IF U R. YOUR GOOD UR PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS IS 70% AND FAILURE 30% !!

U HAVE RM 30K AND HAVE THE CHANCE TO BORROW ANOTHER RM 90K....DO U START WITH RM 30K CAPITAL OR DO U START RM 120K(CAPITAL PLUS BORROWING}

THE CORRECT OR PROGRESSIVE MATHS TEACHER WILL TELL U RM 120K LOH..!
THATS WHY MOST BUSINESSMEN with Business Sense CHOSE OPTION 1.

THE NOT SO BUSINESS MINDED TEACHER WILL SAY Option 2 with RM 30K OR BETTER DON INVEST AT ALL.. PUT All INTO FD LOH...!!

Actually the correct maths answer is Rm 120k ( capital & borrowing loh)

Why young newbies leh ??
This young newbies start with clean sheet mah, so it is easier & better to acquire good investment knowledge b4 they got corrupted loh....!!

Don ask a 55 yrs to do margin mah, it is difficult to train an old dog new tricks mah....!!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-11 11:48 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Aug 11, 2018 09:50 AM | Report Abuse

U HAVE RM 30K AND HAVE THE CHANCE TO BORROW ANOTHER RM 90K....DO U START WITH RM 30K CAPITAL OR DO U START RM 120K(CAPITAL PLUS BORROWING}

THE NOT SO BUSINESS MINDED TEACHER WILL SAY Option 2 with RM 30K OR BETTER DON INVEST AT ALL.. PUT All INTO FD LOH...!!

Why young newbies leh ??
This young newbies start with clean sheet mah, so it is easier & better to acquire good investment knowledge b4 they got corrupted loh....!!

Don ask a 55 yrs to do margin mah, it is difficult to train an old dog new tricks mah....!!

Me: I have some great teachers in my high schools, including many maths teachers. I give them great respect as besides teaching me on specific subjects, such as maths, they also teach me many great values in life.

What is the investment knowledge are you referring to in your statement, "it is easier & better to acquire good investment knowledge b4 they got corrupted loh....!!"

Is it some good investment skill like value investing, or using MF to punt the stock market to "hope" to get-rich quick, but risk bankrupt fast too?

If it is the earlier, good. But if you are referring to the later, they are already "corrupted" by a rouge trader.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-11 11:57 | Report Abuse

Raider comment,
I don know what is your maths teacher teaching u, but i m sure the correct probability or answer is option 1 that is to maximise your expected value...!!

most likely your maths teacher would not teach u option 2...bcos i m sure fear & risk management chicken technique is not in syllabus that time loh..!!

kc comment,
Me: I have some great teachers in my high schools, including many maths teachers. I give them great respect as besides teaching me on specific subjects, such as maths, they also teach me many great values in life.

What is the investment knowledge are you referring to in your statement, "it is easier & better to acquire good investment knowledge b4 they got corrupted loh....!!"

Is it some good investment skill like value investing, or using MF to punt the stock market to "hope" to get-rich quick, but risk bankrupt fast too?

If it is the earlier, good. But if you are referring to the later, they are already "corrupted" by a rouge trader.

PROBLEM SOLVING POSER LOH...!!

WHY U NEED TO BORROW ??
PUT IT THIS WAY LOH....IF U R. YOUR GOOD UR PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS IS 70% AND FAILURE 30% !!

Why young newbies leh ??

Don ask a 55 yrs to do margin mah, it is difficult to train an old dog new tricks

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-11 12:16 | Report Abuse

Raider comment,
I don know what is your maths teacher teaching u, but i m sure the correct probability or answer is option 1 that is to maximise your expected value...!!

most likely your maths teacher would not teach u option 2...bcos i m sure fear & risk management chicken technique is not in syllabus that time loh..!!

I said my math teacher besides teaching me maths, also teach me many great values in life in general.

So your option 1. own capital 30k and borrow 90k and sailang in the market for a young person sure make big money, or in your own words "maximize" return?

First please clarify are you talking about doing busines, or using MF for stocks? And please understand the huge difference in borrowing to do business and MF before answering.

What are your evidence?

Vast body of research has shown that 70% of business fail, and that is not just hearsay.

Someone in the industry also confirmed the success rate of MF is only one percent in the comments here. Although this figure may be exaggerated, which may not be, one can see the high probability of failure rate.

Why are you so adamant about propagating the use of MF to young? Are you out of your mind? Or are you just so naive?

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-11 13:02 | Report Abuse

kc please debate based my full comments, by taking part here & there, u twisted my kind intention which have youngster interest in mind loh..!!

Posted by stockraider > Aug 11, 2018 09:41 AM | Report Abuse X

As raider says MF is just a tool loh....!!

The arguement whether MF is good or bad, is just too side of coin arguement mah, it can be good or can be bad loh...!!

For raider for it to be good, u must be much more competent in terms of investment skill than the average general public, thus MF should be able to give u amplify return loh...!!

People says share margin may cause u amplify losses thus becareful loh.!
RAIDER AGREE LOH...!! THATS WHY RAIDER STRESS ON INVESTMENT SKILL & RISK MANAGEMENT B4 U USE MF LOH...!!

Then why raider recommend to newbies, knowingly they are not so competent leh ??
Yes raider recommend to newbies bcos they are most suitable bcos they are young, not much capital, just starting to learn loh...!!

a)Young...means u got time to build & acquire investment knowledge.
b) Not much capital...means if u lose everything...it is not that much to lose mah..!!

Think this way, ur parent investing alot of monies for u to acquire an oversea general good U degree that easily cost rm 500k to rm 1000k, can u see immediate good return? No loh...but u see it is essential to give u a long term head start in your future good career job advancement loh...!!

Likewise if u invest rm 20k to rm 30k to get MF rm 60k to Rm 100k to get a good headstart in your investment training which is good for your long wealth accumulation...in fact if u r successful, u can build ur lifelong 2nd income source mah...!!

People says u already good why take more risk on MF loh...!!
U NEED TO UNDERSTAND ALREADY GOOD AND ALREADY WEALTHY DIFFERENT LOH..!!
U R GOOD, BUT U R NOT RICH LOH....U NEED TO PUT UR GOOD EFFORT SUCCESSFULLY TO ACQUIRE WEALTH MAH...!!

WHY U NEED TO BORROW ??

Why young newbies leh ??

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-11 13:04 | Report Abuse

Raider, your copy-and-paste comments were hell of long winded and messy. Nobody will care to read.

My truncation does not make a difference with the gist of it.

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-13 20:30 | Report Abuse

KC, you have written a fine article. You explained, discussed and dissected your arguments clearly. It is up to your readers to see how they can benefit from your sharing.

On the other hand, raider is rather disruptive in his postings. Yes, he wishes everyone to know that it is alright to use margin financing. Of course, in the right circumstances, some will use margin financing and benefit from this hugely. It is only wise to also point out the downside of margin financing too.

I believe all the readers in this forum are intelligent enough to form their own opinion based on their reading.

KC has stated his points. Others too. Too much going round and round the same arguments do not add more value to this discussion. The person who posted the most or the loudest does not necessary win the hearts of others. But perhaps ego and pride should be modulated to make the discussions here more pleasant.

Just like in our parliament, profanities only reflect poorly on those who use it. Nothing more to add.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-13 21:48 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-13 23:10 | Report Abuse

http://www.investlah.com/forum/index.php/topic,15914.msg355528.html#msg355528

It is pointless. Unless the person you are engaging is honest, all discussion is just fruitless.

Have already been through these many times already with my dishonest friend.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-13 23:14 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-13 23:23 | Report Abuse

raider should just stop and think.

Why is he writing like so?

He refuses to face the truth.

Please do not be in denial like Najib.

We have been interacting for years.

You are not honest in your posts.

You should at least be truthful or even be honorable in your writing.

Just look back at all the posts you have thrown at me.

It was one stock after another.

What happened to all these stocks you mentioned?

And yes, you threw GSB today.

Be truthful.

3iii

12,701 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-08-13 23:24 | Report Abuse

:-)

People who are credible in this forum. There are many.

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-13 23:37 | Report Abuse

Online Ļaughing Ģor
Global Moderator
Marquess

View Profile Investlah - Malaysia's Biggest Investment Forum Personal Message (Online)

Re: GSB Group Berhad ( 7077 ) - The Ultimate Hidden Gem
« Reply #12275 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:26 AM »
Why is GSB better than Dutch Lady

1. GSB share price is below 10 sen. Dlady is above RM50. Therefore GSB wins

2. GSB is actively promoted in Investlah and many forums for many years. Dlady is seldom talked about. Therefore GSB wins

3. GSB is much much easy to double its share price from 10 sens to 20 sens. Dlady grow from RM50 to RM100, dream on. Therefore GSB wins.

4. GSB sells houses costing more than RM500,000 each. Dlady sells susu costing RM1.80 per packet. So GSB wins.

5. GSB is led by Andrea Gan. Dlady is led by.....dunno who. So GSB wins

6. GSB has SIMA group as backing. Dlady had Nestle as competitor. So GSB wins.

7. GSB is the infant stage of Mashing. Dlady is at mature old age. So GSB wins.

RAIDER REMARKS;

"JUST BE REMINDED WHAT 3iii, DID BELOW. SOUND FAMILIAR ??
THERE ARE THOUSANDS SIMILAIR REMARK DID ON JOHNMASTER LOH...!!
IF IT IS NOT DISHONESTY, CONMAN, LACK INTEGRITY ETC LOH...!!"

Online iiinvestsmart
Marquess

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #12266 on: March 08, 2017, 11:56:20 AM »
Just to remind me how a conman's mind worked overtime. :)

Quote from: johnmaster on March 19, 2011, 07:59:59 AM

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-13 23:42 | Report Abuse

ANOTHER CLASSIC CASE OF 3iii CITING JOHNMASTER DISHONESTY LOH...!!

THIS 3iii HAS NO BALLS LOH...!!

Online iiinvestsmart
Marquess

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #12223 on: January 29, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »
JM was a devious story teller.

He spun the story so well, that fools followed.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz