hehe. sendiri pun tak betul

jjj88

71 posts

Posted by jjj88 > 2018-07-28 17:40 | Report Abuse

nice nice sharing

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-28 18:04 | Report Abuse

Raider always maintain & says....those lose alot of monies using margin...are due to very poor selection of stock and poor risk management issue...... than.......due to use of margin for investment itself loh...!!

Did u know...sometimes....margin help u to reduce losses compare to increases losses sometime, when early warning are triggered thru margin call ??

The example quoted by kc....did not take into account....when cutloss are automated triggered when the share fell drastically.
KC assume...margin investors hold dumb dumb forever loh...!!

The conclusion raider says, it is not wrong using margin....but make sure u r stock selection competent and have good risk management loh...!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-07-28 18:16 | Report Abuse

I m saying...his comparison between cash and margin investors....may not show such a big worse off position for margin investors in real life loh....!!

This is bcos he has failed take note...some of the very practical points i have highlighted above mah....!!

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 18:23 | Report Abuse

can be summarized in one para

yewyin33
For astute investors, Sialang is the best way to grow wealth and maximise gain. I have never known any successful people who do not Sialang in the companies they dedicate their lifetime effort to. This practice is very common in world of business, where we see a lot of the successful businessmen or businesswomen focus on what matters most and have their money invested only in the companies they founded. For example, in Malaysia, the wealth of Public Bank’s Chairman Teh Hong Piow, IOI Group’s founder Lee Shin Cheng and Press Metal’s CEO Koon Poh Keong is all tied to their stakes in their own companies and the performance of their stocks.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 18:25 | Report Abuse

I have never known any successful people who do not Sialang ...even Wallen the Buffalo sailang before he become famous...sailang in a bankrupt textile company.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2018-07-28 18:43 | Report Abuse

U only see part of picture n trumpet part of picture. 10 sailing, 2 suceeceed. U trumpets those 2. That is true pictures. Noob

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2018-07-28 19:08 | Report Abuse

Double profit double loss = share margin

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 19:15 | Report Abuse

Double profit double loss = share margin

why so complicated one? why needs a PhD to explain ?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 19:20 | Report Abuse

I once told XXX...my wife invests in Reits...He told me...you mad or what? You mean you accountant cannot invest and get better return than reits and bank interest of 5% p.a. for margin account?

I thought about it.....and XXX makes sense.....

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2018-07-28 19:27 | Report Abuse

Margin finance.
Definitely not for amateurs.
Only applicable in bullish markets.
Those who want to die faster may use it under current market conditions.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2018-07-28 19:31 | Report Abuse

Sailang.
Those who advocate sailang without encouraging newbies to learn the elementary aspects of markets are asking 4 yo kindy kids to jump straight to phd courses.
God forgive you for any fatalities caused by your actions.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 20:06 | Report Abuse

attitude is every thing.

don't have the right attitude, how to be rich? how to achieve any thing?

right attitude to be successful in any thing....positive attitude, optimistic.......

if finally fail at least can say have tried...have given yourself a chance.

Sslee

4,750 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-07-28 20:52 | Report Abuse

Dear qqq3,
Life start at 60 if you are humble enough to admit you know nothing and eager to learn from everyone and even to learn from your own mistakes then you still have hope.
If you insist you see it and know it all then you are a living dead, a hopeless case as no one will able to teach you anything as your twisted mind will interpret things according to your perconceived idea. Please withdrawn your 1 million EPF saving and do your so call sialang.

Dear stockraider,
Long time no see. How are you? Good to have you back.
What did not kill you will make you stronger. You lose some and you gain some that part and pacel of investment. Do not be too hard on yourself.
Thank you

Koon Bee

5,187 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2018-07-28 20:54 | Report Abuse

Step on other ppl to make yourself famous? Look really dumb of you KC

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2018-07-28 21:15 | Report Abuse

Sslee,

To shut qqq up, you better show your investment records, ie Insas, Hengyuan & cscstel. In this way, qqq will have no ways to fight back.

Beary

1,553 posts

Posted by Beary > 2018-07-28 21:19 | Report Abuse

Agak agak, I don't knw why the oldman and his assistant qqq3 keep coming to mind while I read your monkey story.

gohkimhock

2,948 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 2018-07-28 21:44 | Report Abuse

I believe the book you read was written by Cold Eye. Am I right?

Posted by crownford_bl > 2018-07-28 22:08 | Report Abuse

KcChong: I like your blogs. Well done!

Posted by crownford_bl > 2018-07-28 22:10 | Report Abuse

I can't trust Kyy, But i can trust your blog and Calvintan (Occasionally)

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 22:27 | Report Abuse

there is another story.

A town too many monkeys.

To sell monkey meat that nobody wants

The town hawker hangs pig head sell monkey meat.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 22:29 | Report Abuse

pessimistic attitude
negative attitude

how to achieve any thing?

paperplane

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2018-07-28 22:33 | Report Abuse

If margin no good why tyyap so rich. Hehe

hollandking

3,694 posts

Posted by hollandking > 2018-07-28 22:33 | Report Abuse

if u lose 83% of your total capital, there's no way u can get it back unless u top up your capital and it need to be much much more than your early capital, else should just write it off.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 22:35 | Report Abuse

people like to look down on me

why?

because you think I need your money?

does not bother me.

this is a forum....none of you knows me...

tell you what .....sslee

I am very confident....very confident of my abilities

enigmatic

905 posts

Posted by enigmatic > 2018-07-28 22:36 | Report Abuse

the majority wants to earn fast & easy money, including me. But I'm more risk-averse, so I would never use margin. Margin is too risky.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 23:05 | Report Abuse

cheoky > Jul 28, 2018 06:43 PM | Report Abuse

U only see part of picture n trumpet part of picture. 10 sailing, 2 suceeceed. U trumpets those 2. That is true pictures. Noob
==========================

U trumpets those 2.

not just I trumpets those 2....

all the journalists, reporters and everyone in society also trumpets those 2.

nevertheless

I think there are a lot of differences between businessmen and educators.....its in their genes.......

like they say....Those who know Do, those who don't teach.

its fair.

but I want to warn you about dependency culture.

dependency culture is the enemy culture if you want success.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-28 23:33 | Report Abuse

sslee

every engineer in i3 seems to want to make stock market problem into an engineering problem......

why like that one?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-28 23:55 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 28, 2018 06:25 PM | Report Abuse
I have never known any successful people who do not Sialang ...even Wallen the Buffalo sailang before he become famous...sailang in a bankrupt textile company.

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 28, 2018 08:06 PM | Report Abuse
attitude is every thing.
don't have the right attitude, how to be rich? how to achieve any thing?
right attitude to be successful in any thing....positive attitude, optimistic.......
if finally fail at least can say have tried...have given yourself a chance.

yeah yeah yeah.From all your comments, it is hard to think that you are not one with positive attitude and that you have not sailang what you have, and more with margin finance. It is hard to fathom that you haven't achieved a wealth of multi-million Ringgit at the age of 60+.

So please enlighten us, and better still, share with us in an article, how you sailang and use margin finance and achieve your multi-million status.

Well, we all have read heaps of your comments, shouting sailang on Jaks and Sendai, and no any other stocks, your positive attitude, and confidence in your punting ability.

Let us first know how you were able to triple your RM100k to RM300k in 18 months sailanging any of these two stocks, or a portfolio of these two stocks, as claimed by you.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-29 00:24 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 28, 2018 07:20 PM | Report Abuse
I once told XXX...my wife invests in Reits...He told me...you mad or what? You mean you accountant cannot invest and get better return than reits and bank interest of 5% p.a. for margin account?
I thought about it.....and XXX makes sense.....

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 28, 2018 10:29 PM | Report Abuse
pessimistic attitude
negative attitude
how to achieve any thing?

Why are you still leave your RM1.0m in your EPF account as claimed by you, with a meager interest of 6%?

Why haven't you taken that out, pledge that with the bank to get another RM1.0m, and sailang it all in Jaks 18 months ago, such that your RM2.1m has become RM6.3m now?

Why are you so stupid one?

Or are you just talk only but no action?

What good is it to be spending all your time as a NATO in i3investor?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 01:05 | Report Abuse

kc

U still don't understand....I wrote what is obvious....very obvious.

Why u want to challenge some thing that is very obvious?

further,

I want to warn you about dependency culture.

bluebiznet

1,174 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-07-29 01:28 | Report Abuse

The real super investor who insists the "right path". 正道。 is now sailang in mbsb 33million share, With pledged securities account as well. But this sailang is total different story compare to that ego sailang in jaks. Am i biase? I dont think so.... I believe in right path. I believe is taking advantage during price undervalue from my point of viee. And hate those who recommend share when the price is already sky? Who am i referring to? ..... YES YOU ARE RIGHT! technical believer. When fundamental sound company below rm 1 you cant buy, when it become rm1.50... Yes good time to buy! Bcoz uptrend formed!

bluebiznet

1,174 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-07-29 01:31 | Report Abuse

Jaks? Between rm 0.60 - 0.80 is an ok price to enter. After discounted margin of safety of jaks power plant risks and the not-so-good management..

bluebiznet

1,174 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-07-29 01:33 | Report Abuse

Whatever more than rm0.80 i wont give a damn to that beautiful story.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-07-29 01:36 | Report Abuse

Have you heard of the 7 foot man who drowned crossing a river 5 foot deep on average? Its not enough to survive the market on average, but one must also survive the absolute bottom.

You are not the only person who know how to set cut loss. If everyone set cut loss, that's how you see flash crash happen.

In any event, cut loss is just one of the things that i find very stupid.

Are you telling me, you hold a stock and when someone offers you RM20 per share to buy you won't sell, but if someone offered you RM19, you would?

Imagine if you own a house. And a real estate agent comes and said someone wanted to buy your house for RM800k. And you go, I'm not interested, but if someone ever offered RM600k, please sell it. And the more it drop, the more of my houses you should sell.

Siao one.

===================================================================================
stockraider I m saying...his comparison between cash and margin investors....may not show such a big worse off position for margin investors in real life loh....!!

This is bcos he has failed take note...some of the very practical points i have highlighted above mah....!!
28/07/2018 18:16

bluebiznet

1,174 posts

Posted by bluebiznet > 2018-07-29 01:37 | Report Abuse

Oh i forget the law suit and also coming right issue... 0.50? 0.40? Oh my god..

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-07-29 01:43 | Report Abuse

Now, i agree with qqq3, that sailang is the way to go.

By sailang, i mean to put very significant parts of your net worth to what you consider to be the best opportunity and to use that opportunity as the basis on which you judge all future opportunities.

Given the portfolio of most people is very small. One could very well only own one stock.

Philip Fisher, Warren buffet and Charlie munger, are all billionaire, and they have their entire net worth (99% to 80%) in literally 1 stock. Fisher have his in 4 stocks.

But to put yourself in a position where the bank can force you to sell at the worst time possible and make your losses permanent, is one of the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

I personally don't dare to put all into one stock as i suppose i don't truly understand the business.

And the only time i considered margin was when i was a newbie, after really understanding the utter insanity of people in groups, i will never touch it.

Its inevitable that i will be rich anyway, why risk what i need for what i want.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-07-29 01:46 | Report Abuse

Stockraider,

Didn't you have to sell off a bungalow in penang to pay off your hengyuan margin?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 08:06 | Report Abuse

well..cut loss is a very natural thing, very easy thing to do once one sees the ugly side of share market, the ugly side of the share, any share. ....of course if blind to the ugliness, then it is a different story.

value investors as a rule do not cut loss.......after all, you have done your home work.....u think u have done your homework......

in a bear market...the chances of heavy losses by value investors is therefore greater .....

people who play lousy shares don't lose much one...after all, they know they are playing lousy shares.......

the share is a lousy share or a value investor share......?

which is better? also depends.......and not everyone agrees which is which.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 08:16 | Report Abuse

I think value investors and businessmen would be same when it come to margin accounts....should approach from similar angle.....they both have reasons to believe they got a good share, a good opportunity.....and businessmen and value investors once committed, it is not easy to cut loss. .....margin account is good....when things go wrong, your banker will force you to sell, so there is equity left in the accounts.

from my perspective, from a trader perspective, margin force selling is not end of the world...it is just another day in the office........

A trader , a stock trader like me approaches things from a totally different perspective..........

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 08:20 | Report Abuse

A trader , a stock trader like me approaches things from a totally different perspective..........compared to a businessman or a value investor.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 08:25 | Report Abuse

kc

I am a trader.....Trading is in my blood, I enjoy trading....There is no reason for me to take money out of my EPF account.....Trading is an attitude too....Having money in EPF frees me to focus in trading.....its a great asset.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-29 08:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 29, 2018 01:05 AM | Report Abuse
kc
U still don't understand....I wrote what is obvious....very obvious.
Why u want to challenge some thing that is very obvious?

Obvious?

You said you triple your RM100k in 18 months, but all evidences in i3investor show that your 3 portfolios were making losses for the first one in two years, gaining 8.4% for the second one in 18 months, and the last one 12%.

You were shouting sailang, margin finance, asking everyone to do so, but you only punt with RM100k only starting from 18 months ago?

You were so confident in two stocks, Jaks and Sendai the last 18 months, and asking forumers to sailang with margin finance, all in them, but from punting with RM100k, that is hardly a sailang action of yours.

Or have you actually sailang with margin in the two stocks above with even your EPF money since 18 months ago, that you have tripled your bet now? But how?

So, it is all obvious?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 08:33 | Report Abuse

as a trader, my golden rule is I trust nobody and I trust no share...I only trust myself...it is me alone and me alone vs the market.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 08:40 | Report Abuse

kc...

u talking nonsense.....I am saying all that is obvious, very obvious.......

forget about me....why u so fascinated with only Jaks and Sendai? The market has more than a 1000 counters....Huge huge world out there......

as far as Jaks and Sendai is concerned....To the best of my memory....I make a fair bit of money from Jaks and Sendai.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-29 08:41 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 29, 2018 01:05 AM | Report Abuse
kc
I want to warn you about dependency culture.

I grew up from a Kampong. They say we were "given birth by the heaven, and fed by the heaven." I didn't even depend much on my parents when small.

I have a relative who is a taxi driver. He works hard, and honest. He is doing reasonably okay in his life.

But if you wants to be a part time taxi driver, work only occasionally, and hope for a big tip from a rich passenger, only one passenger, that is dependency culture.

Yes, agree with what you said here.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 08:56 | Report Abuse

kc

whether it is a tip from a rich man or a tip from an educator......it works the same......

dependency culture is an enemy whether it is a tip to a share or a tip to how to be a value investor.

rich man also don't know, educator also don't know.....by the time anybody knows any thing, the market has changed....and on to the next theme/ phase.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 09:05 | Report Abuse

a lot of people makes a lot of money from share market.....luck? skill?

who knows?

no one knows....every thing is just a statistics, statistics works its magic, fooled by randomness is to be expected, there are large variances.....maybe it is just being born at the right time.

but if people don't try.......they didn't give themselves a chance.

tried and failed, can still fight

tried and succeeded, reporters and journalists want to interview you.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-07-29 09:13 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Jul 29, 2018 08:25 AM | Report Abuse
kc
I am a trader.....Trading is in my blood, I enjoy trading....There is no reason for me to take money out of my EPF account.....Trading is an attitude too....Having money in EPF frees me to focus in trading.....its a great asset. Posted by qqq3 > Jul 29, 2018 08:40 AM | Report Abuse

kc...
forget about me....why u so fascinated with only Jaks and Sendai? The market has more than a 1000 counters....Huge huge world out there......
as far as Jaks and Sendai is concerned....To the best of my memory....I make a fair bit of money from Jaks and Sendai.

Just that I don't understand what you said and what you did. You said Jaks and Sendai were wonderful investments for long term when they were selling at RM1.80+ and RM1.30+ respectively. Your master told you they were for long term, right? They are now RM1.10 and 89 sen. But you claimed you tripled your RM100k already. How?

You shout sailang and margin finance, all the time propagate it in i3investor, and you were confident to worth RM200m before 80. But you dare not take out your RM1m (?) EPF money, and double it with a margin of another RM1m margin, but just with RM100k?

Yeah lah, I agree with you, forget about you. Wasting time.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-07-29 09:23 | Report Abuse

kc

yes, just forget about me....

I am irrelevant......if people want to read what I write, let them read...they don't want to read...its fine by me.

they disagree with me....It doesn't bother me.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz