1 person likes this.

22 comment(s). Last comment by kcchongnz 2018-08-23 19:45

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-22 07:39 | Report Abuse

Good piece. Just add something I just read.

"Respect, trust and love, must be earned. Earned as well as returned."

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-22 07:49 | Report Abuse

“Respect and Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair”.

Money can't buy respect and trust. Respect, trust, good reputation and a legacy will last forever.

You can't bring money to the other world. It vanishes into thin air once one is expired.

Sslee

5,402 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2018-08-22 13:13 | Report Abuse

Dear all,
Basically Mr. Koon Yew Yin is a well respected elder as he had contributed much of his life for the betterment of society and nation. He had to overcome poverty to get a much required education which many of current generation taken for granted nowadays and work very hard to become co-founder of many companies listed in Bursa.
Due to his hereditary heart condition, he had sold out companies he co-found to his partners (in a very good hand) and ready to meet his creator in Hong Kong Hospital bed. However god had other plan for him and makes him what he is now: a savvy investor, a philanthropist, a keen and prolific writer on politic, economy, nation, life and investing. If you have read all the investing books written by the entire famous investing guru eventually you will developed this reckless killing instinct (the short cut) to win at all cost.
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/170216.jsp
I refer above, “To avoid further delay, I propose the Penang Government allocate a piece of land specifically for student hostels and invite open tender for the land so that I can submit my bit. If I can buy the land, there should not be any more delay.”
Yes, Mr. Koon had found a solution to his impasse in wanted to build a student hostel. I wish him good health and success and hope to read more of his articles.
Thank you
PS: I hope Mr. Koon will find a solution to curtain his ego and the killing instinct.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-22 15:05 | Report Abuse

SOMETIME I WONDER WHETHER KYY DONATION FOR MEGA EDUCATIONS OF RM 30M TO RM 50M, IS IT REALLY GENUINE LEH ??

OR IS IT DUE TO COINCIDENCE & RAN INTO PROBLEM SO MANY TIME LEH ??

JUST LIKE KAMPAR UNIVERSITY & PENANG UNIVERSITY LOH....!!

YES...KYY HAS PROVEN HAS GIVEN SCOLARSHIPS SUCCESSFULLY, BUT...THIS CONTRIBUTIONS ARE VERY MUCH TINY ON SCHOLARSHIP AS COMPARE TO BUILDING HOSTEL LOH..!!

BTW...INSTEAD CONTRIBUTING RM 50M TO USM HOSTEL, IN WHICH MSIAN GOVT SUPPOSE TO BUILD ANYWAY, SINCE THE UNIVERSITY BELONG TO MSIA GOVT ,WHY DON U INCREASE THE NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIP LEH ???

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-22 15:14 | Report Abuse

I hope this promised RM50m donation has been set aside.

CharlesT

14,605 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-08-22 15:41 | Report Abuse

His final bill upon full exit of jaks may come to similar figure of rm50m

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-22 16:28 | Report Abuse

Posted by Sslee > Aug 20, 2018 11:50 AM | Report Abuse
Dear Halite,
The questions are why KYY cannot kindly share his buying when he start to buy lionind? And why he said he got margin call to sell JAKS and at the same time buying Lionind in the millions?

I don't think you should expect him to inform you when he started buying. I wouldn't tell you too if I were him.

But telling those who had sold to buy back the share at a price twice a couple of months ago at RM1.30 in the statement below shouldn't have been made as it appears that he is propagating the greater fool theory,

“Many of my friends have also asked me if they should buy back at higher price if they have sold earlier. Of course, many shareholders would have sold too early and regret. A few smart one will dare to admit their mistake and buy back at higher price. In view of its good increasing profit growth, if you have sold, you should buy back”.

This is also in view of your statement below,

Posted by Sslee > Aug 20, 2018 01:10 PM | Report Abuse
Dear Halite,
But expectation on Mr. KYY is equally sky high because of his respectable social status, founder of many companies, philanthropist works, keen and prolific writer on politic, economy, nation, life and investing plus his proclaimed noble intention to teach general public on how to invest and to become successful in investment and life. Thus his conducts had to live up to a certain high standard.

Halite

8,633 posts

Posted by Halite > 2018-08-22 16:34 | Report Abuse

Stock: [LIONIND]: LION INDUSTRIES CORP BHD

Aug 22, 2018 03:59 PM | Report Abuse

Sslee has revealed uncle has heart problem
He is already 83
If you can't love him, then do not qi-kek him
Do not think your nonsense or rubbish is nothing, may take away 1 life you know. Then you are murderer. You will not have peace for the rest of you life. Let's us from now learn to praise uncle. Invite him to join our play, he is the only one we know can help us to achieve our exit tp earlier.
God bless uncle good health long and happy life.
Be a good boys, do not say anything bad about, if want to say, put it in the most polite manner.
God love you because you love me and uncle

ks55

3,630 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2018-08-22 16:36 | Report Abuse

@kcchongnz:
22/08/2018 15:14

If he has the tendency using MF to punt big in Jaks and Sendai, do you think he is willing 'to set aside' 50m idling?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-22 16:43 | Report Abuse

Posted by ks55 > Aug 22, 2018 04:36 PM | Report Abuse
@kcchongnz:
If he has the tendency using MF to punt big in Jaks and Sendai, do you think he is willing 'to set aside' 50m idling?

One may have RM100m now, or RM200m, but with margin finance of 2:1, a 50% decline in stock price will wipe out a person's net worth completely.

As this donation has been leveraged many many times in public, and for the benefits of the students and his own legacy, it is good that this must be set aside first.

Halite

8,633 posts

Posted by Halite > 2018-08-22 16:55 | Report Abuse

talk about MF is educational,

talk about 50M donation is a ridicule

moreover now you know uncle has heart problem

why "qi-kek" him .

Ooi Teik Bee

11,170 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2018-08-22 17:40 |

Post removed.Why?

CharlesT

14,605 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-08-22 17:41 | Report Abuse

Hengyuan also made a lot lah

Ooi Teik Bee

11,170 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2018-08-22 17:47 | Report Abuse

Very few people can match the ROI of Mr Koon in 2015.
Thank you.
Ooi

cheoky

2,822 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2018-08-22 17:52 | Report Abuse

Very few people can match ROI of mine on last Sunday. Single day. 1:180 return. I got.
What is next then on 2016,2017 & 2018?
Thank you.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-22 18:35 | Report Abuse

I don't worship people who make a lot of money from stock market, neither do I condemn them.

What is so great of making money from others in a zero-sum game?

But I give respect to people who are truly noble, those who selflessly contribute to the society, without fear or favor, with humility.

To re-post this below,

Posted by Sslee > Aug 20, 2018 01:10 PM | Report Abuse
Dear Halite,
But expectation on Mr. KYY is equally sky high because of his respectable social status, founder of many companies, philanthropist works, keen and prolific writer on politic, economy, nation, life and investing plus his proclaimed noble intention to teach general public on how to invest and to become successful in investment and life. Thus his conducts had to live up to a certain high standard.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-08-22 18:40 | Report Abuse

U R TOTALLY WRONG ....AT THE MOMENT THE LOSSES OF JAKS IS STILL COUNTING MAH BCOS HE HAS DISPOSED LESS THAN 30% HE HOLD LOH......!!

JAKS COULD BE THE HISTORY SINGLE STOCK LOSSES FOR KYY LOH...!!

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > Aug 22, 2018 05:40 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by kcchongnz > Aug 22, 2018 04:43 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by ks55 > Aug 22, 2018 04:36 PM | Report Abuse
@kcchongnz:

Ans :
I always avoid myself whenever any article related to Mr Koon.
All of you can doubt that Mr Koon will not set aside RM 50 million to build hostel for Penang government, but not me.
I was told more than RM 50 million was set aside for this donation. I refused to disclose the actual amount.
I believe I know more than many readers here because he told it to me personally.
Please do not doubt Mr Koon's sincerity. He will do it faithfully.

I knew how much Mr Koon win big in 2015 on VS, Liihen, Latitud, Hevea, Gkent and Gamuda-WE.
The loss in Jaks is nothing if compared against the gain in 2015.

Thank you.
Ooi

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-22 19:06 |

Post removed.Why?

Ooi Teik Bee

11,170 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2018-08-22 19:34 |

Post removed.Why?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-08-22 19:38 | Report Abuse

5 years already?....You very lucky.

Posted by malayantiger16888 > 2018-08-23 16:38 | Report Abuse

Singapore did not get independence from Malaysia.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2018-08-23 19:45 | Report Abuse

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > Aug 22, 2018 05:40 PM | Report Abuse

Posted by kcchongnz > Aug 22, 2018 04:43 PM | Report Abuse

Ans :
I always avoid myself whenever any article related to Mr Koon.
All of you can doubt that Mr Koon will not set aside RM 50 million to build hostel for Penang government, but not me.
I was told more than RM 50 million was set aside for this donation. I refused to disclose the actual amount.
I believe I know more than many readers here because he told it to me personally.
Please do not doubt Mr Koon's sincerity. He will do it faithfully.
I knew how much Mr Koon win big in 2015 on VS, Liihen, Latitud, Hevea, Gkent and Gamuda-WE.
The loss in Jaks is nothing if compared against the gain in 2015.

I do not doubt his sincerity in donating RM50m to the Penang government. Never. After all what so much of wealth is for if not do some charity work and leave a legacy, especially if your next of kin does not require so much money after one expires.

Yes, I know there is a lot of money there and the sincerity is guaranteed. But just to ensure that is done, place that in a trust fund of something now. It is not a matter of how much he has now.

Just to reiterate, it is not that I have doubt of his sincerity and ability now.

I highly respect this charitable donation.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz