4 people like this.

71 comment(s). Last comment by rajachulan 2018-12-03 10:09

Posted by teareader818 > 2018-10-25 22:19 | Report Abuse

I think Choivo is in the midst of an experiment. At the end, if he wins, he will feel well prepared to handle billions next time.

CharlesT

14,609 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-10-25 22:21 | Report Abuse

He has good friends n his friends has low expectation of 4.5% per annum

Posted by teareader818 > 2018-10-25 22:31 | Report Abuse

It's nice to be mentioned in the same breath with Rodgers, Lynch or Buffett.

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-10-26 08:06 |

Post removed.Why?

3iii

12,917 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-10-26 08:57 |

Post removed.Why?

Pewuf

172 posts

Posted by Pewuf > 2018-10-26 10:53 | Report Abuse

the blog started really nicely but ended up with the writer promoting himself as a fund manager...apalah...working for which fund house ?

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-26 10:55 | Report Abuse

Myself.

Fund is closed for guaranteed. As i only gurantee up to 50% of my equity.

Ill only manage new ones if its unguranteed in the fund, or in your own account. In this case. FOC. All gain and all loss you keep.

====
Posted by Pewuf > Oct 26, 2018 10:53 AM | Report Abuse

the blog started really nicely but ended up with the writer promoting himself as a fund manager...apalah...working for which fund house ?

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-26 11:41 | Report Abuse

Correct. The greatest risk is i run away with the money. Which is why they are close friends and they know my family.

The second greatest, is i am unable to pay back. Which is why i limited to 50% of my equity. And why it has long tenures. Usually 3-5 month before, i will check with them if they intend to withdraw or rollover, so i can better plan the cashflow.

On the low expectations, i dont make promises i cannot fulfil, even if it gets me more money. Money is just numbers on a screen for me anyway.

Some are not investors, who would have put in FD anyway. But they trust me, and think i may make them more money. So they put it with me.

Some are value investors like me, and having studied properly, they decided they don't want put in the effort required to be good enough.
So they put with me.

All consider the probability of satisfactory outperformance to be adequate.

It would be a disservice to consider it as low expectations.

=====
Posted by CharlesT > Oct 25, 2018 10:21 PM | Report Abuse

He has good friends n his friends has low expectation of 4.5% per annum

Posted by CharlesT > Oct 25, 2018 10:14 PM | Report Abuse

Jon if i were yr friend i see the greatest risk as you n not the stock mkt

Up_down

4,305 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-10-26 11:54 | Report Abuse

CharlesT. 我地要見識下大蛇屙屎.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-26 12:16 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Oct 26, 2018 08:06 AM | Report Abuse

For example, an 80 year old man still has almost all his wealth in the stock market even today.
====================

a bell curve effect.....bell curve effect not good enough for me...I am a fighter and I love the challenge.

Posted by Learner King > 2018-10-26 12:24 | Report Abuse

Haha this joker is just a tin kosong in investment beside he got a really good writing skill. In the end he just want to promoted himself and waited for water fish give him all their life saving. Hahaha

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-26 12:39 | Report Abuse

Posted by 3iii > Oct 26, 2018 08:06 AM | Report Abuse

For example, an 80 year old man still has almost all his wealth in the stock market even today.
====================

a bell curve effect.....bell curve effect not good enough for me...I am a fighter and I love the challenge.

shares climb a mountain slowly and falls in an instant.....testing all the buy and holds to the limit......

in the west,. people already given up on stock picking and everybody rather give money to mutual funds with huge diversification..... I think this is suitable for 95% of the people.

I consider myself the 5% elites.

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-26 12:43 | Report Abuse

Learner king,

Really rare for inherently stupid people like you to still be in the market. Most retailers are stupid, but you're in a class all of your own.

I think its because you know you're stupid, so you hang on to your betters, like myself, instead of thinking for yourself. Not a bad way i guess.

In the end, the most important thing in the market, is to know your limits and how stupid you are.

When you want to be learner god? Then you can be promoted to just being stupid!

I'm really looking forward to that day!

Your failure to see the structuring of the incentives and what they drive is just astounding hahaha.

=====
Posted by Learner King > Oct 26, 2018 12:24 PM | Report Abuse

Haha this joker is just a tin kosong in investment beside he got a really good writing skill. In the end he just want to promoted himself and waited for water fish give him all their life saving. Hahaha

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-26 13:44 | Report Abuse

young people like this choivo is idealistic, one dimensional, lack experience......I will leave him alone to find his own life.......

nothing to do with me.

Posted by Learner King > 2018-10-26 15:26 | Report Abuse

Haha just say whatever u want stupid jon.... i making few millions profit this year and i have sold out waiting for market to crashes. So i got time to play u this con man. Kakaka

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-10-26 16:19 | Report Abuse

You convert to rupiah is it? hahahahaha

Aiya, i don't like bullying children. Even if they're lying.

I think you need to take medicine. Now you're not just stupid, but siao like khatu d!

Dun later think 10million rupiah is 10million usd and put deposit for felali ooo.

Sure burn deposit d!

Let me know if you need borrow money for medicine. I very kind one.

===
Learner King Haha just say whatever u want stupid jon.... i making few millions profit this year and i have sold out waiting for market to crashes. So i got time to play u this con man. Kakaka
26/10/2018 15:26

Posted by Learner King > 2018-10-26 16:57 | Report Abuse

Haha u jealous is it stupid jon? Poor thing hahaha

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-10-26 17:19 | Report Abuse

Choices and decisions in stock market are not related to what people say and write......

in stock market, choices and decisions people make are related to habits and character.

habits and character are more reliable indicators of what people do in stock market.

stock market, full of talk east go west, talk 3 talk 4., full of BS and full of beating round the bush.....and depends on the agenda of the writer.

remember....Jho Low can make himself sound like an investment guru.....Jho Low can even fill his talks with Confucian ethics, Christian sayings, Koran verses.....and of course Warren Buffett sayings........Jho Low can also quote here quote there....part of his arsenal.

rajachulan

1,740 posts

Posted by rajachulan > 2018-12-03 09:43 | Report Abuse

I appreciate reading these informative writing...

but allow me to add few things if I may...

The ability to estimate the intrinsic value of an investment <--- I work this number every year myself, so I know them, that is why I never trust them...

The ability to hold and buy more as prices fall <--- I dont intend to do this. you wont even know what happen in next 5 days, so forget about next 5 yrs...do you know how company make up their great grand 5 yrs plan? ha!

You have to be right. <--- no one know except the bloody management deciding the numbers... not even me can tell you... one thing sure.... everything is alright!... but sadly from the management point of view...

not here to oppose value investing, but to tell you what happen behind the screen...the choice is yours...

check Buffet 'investment'... which 'famous' return from a company which he hasnt sent his own team 'managing' the company 'himself'?

I know this i3 is probably set up by Value investment follower and supported mostly by value investor...

but to fellow retail investor, please do your homework, and if you think the current investment method is not working out... learn to adapt and change to prosper...gdluck

Jon Choivo

3,668 posts

Posted by Jon Choivo > 2018-12-03 09:52 | Report Abuse

Haha rajachulan,

Thanks for taking the time. We'll find out in time i guess,

rajachulan

1,740 posts

Posted by rajachulan > 2018-12-03 10:09 | Report Abuse

Yeah Jon, sincerely, I do admire your honesty in highlighting those 3 really important points in summary section... which I believe most of the retail investor has little ability to meet them all...

and that the reason why many people out there are still very dependent on others research paper, views, news, article and worst, tips in investment...

I do really appreciate and enjoy reading informative article like yours and icon8888 and someone, sorry I cant remember the name, who wrote few article on layhong few months ago (almost tempted to put money on it, but trend forbid)...

but still, I hope retail investor can find their own way to decide where to put their own money...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz