6 people like this.

36 comment(s). Last comment by MataTiga 2020-08-22 14:21

Jack Khan

1,237 posts

Posted by Jack Khan > 2020-08-14 21:16 | Report Abuse

I know what you are saying but you must not confuse target price and stock valuation price!
Target price is mean to be short term valuation for the share price to hit the say target but not mean to stay for long period of time! (A lot of time it just reach short of the TP. Very risky but achievable)

Stock valuation price should be view and Stock price in normal trading without bias of short term benefit(such as favourable market condition) I think this is what philip looking at most of the time. (Very safe but still have risk)

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-14 22:28 | Report Abuse

TP price actually means take profit price. The question is how do you define the take profit level in the guest place?

Target price is based on short term valuation? How does one even do valuation short term?

It's like solving a sudoku puzzle when you only have 3 numbers.

Vc Looi

232 posts

Posted by Vc Looi > 2020-08-15 00:38 | Report Abuse

Gold rush to 2000 usd per ounce it’s soon or later will go down anyway then why market still want to buy in ?

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2020-08-15 00:40 | Report Abuse

all insider trading,before results out insiders already bought a lot.after results out they sell

Vc Looi

232 posts

Posted by Vc Looi > 2020-08-15 00:50 | Report Abuse

No bull in any commodity will last for ever soon or later will come down but market will move together will the raise and adjust later when demand is less, author is acting and seeing thing like a Buddha which shouldn’t actually involve in the investment as many thing will go round and round then you will find nothing that you can invest. Glove company who are making money this round will not kept the earning as donations to themselves but rather will go thru expansion and diversified to increase revenue and that is the valuations come about..

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-15 06:36 | Report Abuse

What are you trying to say look? You are going round and round I don't really understand.

Vc Looi

232 posts

Posted by Vc Looi > 2020-08-15 07:33 | Report Abuse

You being acting too rational, in market any kind of bull market also never last too long be it properties, gold, oil, palm oil and etc and they don’t even last more than 1 years . If luckily you has early position in one of it, and you logical and rational mind will make you sold your position even before it’s fully run out..your assumptions on few quarters of good result doesn’t justify what if this pandemic drag for 1-2 years or even longer you never know right ?

Sslee

4,719 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-08-15 07:46 | Report Abuse

Good morning Philip,
You look too far and too long and forget all the IB analyst need to do their report every quarter base on result from quarter to quarter. So what do you expect?

Just admit you sold your Topglove too early and move on and no need to write long long to lecture every IB in the town.

Everyone know nothing is permanent so enjoy while you can.

Posted by Michael Dreamun > 2020-08-15 07:51 | Report Abuse

Philip the sour grape!

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-15 08:55 | Report Abuse

Philip finally can sleep a bit better this few days....

Feeling great right?

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-15 09:07 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/forum/600329595.jsp

have to go thru the above as well to have a more balance view lah

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-15 09:09 | Report Abuse

maybe Philip is a good long term investor...maybe... i m not sure...

But he is certainly a lousy trader loh...

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-15 09:12 | Report Abuse

n he is also an idiot for not having any clue what is happening in the real world n stock mkt......

read more investment books lah.....lol

Russel

543 posts

Posted by Russel > 2020-08-15 09:23 | Report Abuse

Whats stocks can post great results and a strong uptrend as what currently happened to gloves?

High PE was market expectations of its earnings peformance 6 months to 1 years down the road.

Posted by kelvin_ik4u > 2020-08-15 11:32 | Report Abuse

In investment world, nothing is totally right or wrong. In order to convince public and general investors, result performance driven by facts, figure and return of profit are the good proven result. Sadly, over the many years, all mutual funds in the market perform so badly, the best get 8% to 10% yearly in good bull market. Then try to promote figure manipulation, lied to client investors stated earned 50%+ gain over 5 years in total.. Wah, sound like alot.. but in reality.. divide by 5 years compounding rate, each years get 5 to 7% yearly only as it compound over 5 yearly that also if can perform the best.

When economy goes down like this round mid Mar'20 Covid19 issue, all my investor friends put in Philip, Public mutual or insurance investment fund, total capital paper loss 30% to 50% due to this pandemic crisis. I understand MCO lock down & pandemic cause global stock market shock and stock price crash, but the silly here is, even after July'20 till now, with all good tech, glove or health counters share price climb back to historical high, yet these mutual fund still reporting lose -3% to break even of their total capital. How can this be happen? Market in bull period now, yet those so called professional fund mgr unable to capitalize this bull opportunity, still can lose or break even. That's really a big problem in mutual fund mgmt system..

Entire world Fed, center banking institution, leaders & politicians are printing money to stimulate the economy, yet fund mgr still cannot perform and deliver good return profit to client? How can you expect to convince your normal client retailer to trust or support you? Result not justify your voice & perfomance.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-08-15 14:40 | Report Abuse

This i will tend to agree with Philip, although he sold his topgloves too early at around Rm 8.00 loh...!!

The best decision for gloves investors now, are just cautiously sell b4 too late mah.....!!

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-15 16:54 | Report Abuse

Sorry I don't need to run classes, as anyone who has been in using investor.com knows.

The intelligent stock sharing of the investors in my discussion group has already made me more than enough return on my investment value.

You seem to have just started your investment journey.

Good luck.

>>>>>>>>>>

vampires666 philips full of nonsense...
end of the day wanna promote your telegram and classes... puiiiii
15/08/2020 1:38 PM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-15 16:59 | Report Abuse

Don't worry sslee, I have already made many multiples on my investment in topglove, while you are still stuck in your jaks and Insas after 3 years no results to show.

There is your portfolio, and there is my long term portfolio.

Why are you still commenting? Why don't you explain why your Insas with it's huge cash is still trying to cheat investors by doing cash raising rps with yearly dividend instead of giving dividend and cash back to investors? Why are they raising so much cash when they already have so much cash?

Maybe you can start finding out and answering your own questions before questioning others.

>>>>>>>>

Sslee Good morning Philip,
You look too far and too long and forget all the IB analyst need to do their report every quarter base on result from quarter to quarter. So what do you expect?

Just admit you sold your Topglove too early and move on and no need to write long long to lecture every IB in the town.

Everyone know nothing is permanent so enjoy while you can.
15/08/2020 7:46 AM

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-08-15 17:08 | Report Abuse

Did you even read my article? No one can know when the epidemic will end. But the simple fact remains, even if covid lasts for 5 years, and every year they earn their maximum profit and assuming no other competitors start building glove making capacity and asp goes up to the maximum value, there is still a limit to production. So look at a company like topglove for example, let's say they make 4 billion in earnings every year for 5 years, which is 10x historical, they are still looking to make 20 billion in earnings. After 5 years still covid continues? If you think rationally, a 67 billion ringgit market cap for a business that will be flooded with competitors and analyst saying it will go to 100 billion?, Do you really think investing at such a price would even be feasible, when you know the growth will slow down?

It's not about when but understanding how it will end that is the part about investing.

It doesn't matter if you are early or late, as long as you are right.

>>>>>>>>>>

Vc Looi You being acting too rational, in market any kind of bull market also never last too long be it properties, gold, oil, palm oil and etc and they don’t even last more than 1 years . If luckily you has early position in one of it, and you logical and rational mind will make you sold your position even before it’s fully run out..your assumptions on few quarters of good result doesn’t justify what if this pandemic drag for 1-2 years or even longer you never know right ?
15/08/2020 7:33 AM

Axelrod

60 posts

Posted by Axelrod > 2020-08-15 17:11 | Report Abuse

This is the new normal whether you like it or not. Sorry to say that this is not a one-off event that causes one-off surge in profit. This demand is here to stay.

The pandemic has made a lot of people wake up to realise the need to have sufficient stockpiles of medical supplies. Every country in the world, rich or poor needs sufficient stockpiles. Now even France, Germany and Spain are having second waves. The richest countries in Europe!

Even after Covid the awareness will be there in preparation for the next pandemic. Nobody thought that the virus will still be here in Aug when it started in Feb-Mar but look where we are. And by next year when you thought everyone should be safe after being vaccinated, you will be surprised that Covid is still a problem.

Even the broadband technician who came to my house to fix the internet was wearing gloves. I won't be surprised if more and more non-medical practitioners start to wear gloves. You already see it in F&B and the services sector.

Just like to Internet that caused FB, AMZN and GOOGL to become some of the most valuable companies, so will this. So Philip you think you are rationale but in reality you are blind. Stick to your QL.

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-16 02:27 | Report Abuse

>>>>>
So the simple answer to why the share prices crashed after an excellent QR? FEAR, UNCERTAINTY, PROFIT TAKING, CONTRA, VACCINE. WHO KNOWS? Why should you care unless you BOUGHT HIGH something you didn't understand.
>>>>>

exactly, no one will knows why... according to KYY, investment bankers "pakat' to sell down the glove stocks all in tandem to scare you so that they can buy cheap again :) he might be right you know, monitoring the very strange live price action for these stocks nowadays....and also since short selling ban is in effect right, who knows what kind of stunts people does now to buy cheap? lol....

a lot of people has been offering opinions on buy or sell, and i agree with Philip - we should not panic - no FOMO panic buys at the high AND also, please, NO PANIC SELL when some tom dick and nancy shouting Vaccine!Vaccine! you must remember the reason why you buy and when you intended to sell in the first place.... and how about a third option? HOLD ....... i checked some of Philip's sell criteria : - (for example in my case of Top GLove)

-has the market changed? - checked, market is actually better for the company
-has the company's fundamental changed? checked, fundamental couldn't have been better now
-did i do my homework and check the results and financials so everything is in order? checked, record profit and collecting cash like scooping squids...
-how about buying price? checked, average cost at RM3.68...

so my conclusion - i HOLD, no reason to sell, yet..... besides, what to buy if i sell? so many rubbish companies in the market right now that won't even make any money for the next 2 years under covid.....

for those buying price lower than the market price now, may i suggest to you the 3rd option - HOLD?..... Tan Sri just spent >RM50mil of his own money to buy in more stocks this week, so perhaps have a little fate in him? if he burns i don't mind burning with him, anyway my capital is nothing compares to his.....

Sslee

4,719 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-08-16 08:12 | Report Abuse

Haha
Market is like herd mentality. You sell, I sell. You buy, I buy.
So if you sell can consider buying QL, Gkent and Serbak or Kpower or SCIB.

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2020-08-16 10:25 | Report Abuse

Sslee if u wanna make money fm stock mkt learn how stock mkt works..not
fighting with the management of the co ...every now n then...

But of course if u enjoy more by doing so than making money then continue loh

Posted by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > 2020-08-16 12:36 | Report Abuse

So many dupe accounts here with worthless comments, eg vampires666, potentialphilipsil & Aaron__tan

Posted by enigmatic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ > 2020-08-16 12:43 | Report Abuse

On the topic of gloves stocks, my 2 cents view is that sales of gloves will sustain, in the short term at least.

However, it is unclear if the extraordinary demand for glove stock will sustain.

Judging Supermax, for example, an increase of 2000%+ in profit is great news for the stock and investors should feel hyper optimistic. Share price should appreciate more, but share price tanked instead.

Vc Looi

232 posts

Posted by Vc Looi > 2020-08-16 13:31 | Report Abuse

if pandemic stay for 5 years, and topglove earn 20 billions for 5 years period, and your assumption is the boss will kept the money earn as donations for themselve ? just assume that boss use that 20 billions to do some other business can that get valuations of 200 billions ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-08-16 13:42 | Report Abuse

Yes assume best scenario... topgloves Rm 20b over 5 years...but u r paying Rm 60b...wor??

After 5 yrs u only earn Rm 20b....so u still cannot get back your rm 60b capital mah...!!

U cannot assume the boss can reinvest & earn 100% pa loh...what if the boss reinvest like icap ttb...put in FD earning 2% pa leh ?

Posted by Vc Looi > Aug 16, 2020 1:31 PM | Report Abuse

if pandemic stay for 5 years, and topglove earn 20 billions for 5 years period, and your assumption is the boss will kept the money earn as donations for themselve ? just assume that boss use that 20 billions to do some other business can that get valuations of 200 billions ?

Vc Looi

232 posts

Posted by Vc Looi > 2020-08-16 13:57 | Report Abuse

stockraider ? are you first day in investment ? 20 billions real cash investment can create Grab which whole valuations of 500 billions..icap is real kiasu fund manager which miss out all bull and bear, that why kept in FD.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-08-16 16:17 | Report Abuse

HOW U KNOW THAT TOPGLOVES WEE WOULD NOT TURN OUT TO BE A PONDAN, JUST LIKE TTB OF ICAP LEH ?

Posted by Vc Looi > Aug 16, 2020 1:57 PM | Report Abuse

stockraider ? are you first day in investment ? 20 billions real cash investment can create Grab which whole valuations of 500 billions..icap is real kiasu fund manager which miss out all bull and bear, that why kept in FD.

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-16 23:06 | Report Abuse

wah Sslee now promoting Philip stocks, so you must be a 'mini-Philip' now?lol no Insas here confirmed lo you mini-Philip hahahahaha......

>>>>>>
Sslee Haha
Market is like herd mentality. You sell, I sell. You buy, I buy.
So if you sell can consider buying QL, Gkent and Serbak or Kpower or SCIB.
16/08/2020 8:12 AM

blood7

254 posts

Posted by blood7 > 2020-08-16 23:07 | Report Abuse

vaccine or no vaccine, make your own decision buy sell or hold and live with it....

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/14/coronavirus-supplies-ppe-shortage-fda-395560

DickyMe

14,356 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2020-08-16 23:21 | Report Abuse

Sour grape trying to justify missed windfall!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-08-17 00:38 | Report Abuse

U need to understand this loh...!!

Dali is wrong mah...!!

The broker institute this no contra guideline to protect the glove traders & investors and remisier mah..if there is a crash alot of people will go bankrupt mah..!!

Better to let some air out 1st mah...!!

If the purchasers are so confident perhaps they should use their own cash to buy...why need to use remisier limit or margin and endanger much more people to the euphoria leh ?...!!

The brokers are right to institute pre emptive strike loh...!!

Posted by stockraider > Aug 17, 2020 12:33 AM | Report Abuse X

This stupid dali say gloves being a commodity they are sign of danger then why he do not allow the brokers to steer away from danger leh ??

I think people should be rational and allow the brokers to take preventive action mah...!!

This will reduce sharp systematic risk mah...!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-08-22 13:26 | Report Abuse

U should expect by November cansino vaccine will roll out in Msian market loh....!!

The distributor is Solution mah..!

COVID-19: Indonesia terima vaksin dari China mulai November

Tweet
JAKARTA: Indonesia dijangka menerima bekalan vaksin COVID-19 daripada China bermula November ini berikutan persetujuan syarikat biofarmaseutikal China, Sinovac Biotech (Sinovac) membekalkan 50 juta dos vaksin kepada negara itu.

Bekalan vaksin CoronaVac itu akan tiba secara berperingkat mulai November ini hingga Mac tahun depan dengan anggaran 10 juta dos vaksin dibekalkan setiap bulan

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-08-22 14:12 |

Post removed.Why?

MataTiga

244 posts

Posted by MataTiga > 2020-08-22 14:21 | Report Abuse

ok loh...!! you say like that you win liao lo..!!

congratulations lo..!!

aiya..!!

huhu..!!

Posted by stockraider > Aug 22, 2020 2:10 PM | Report Abuse

So make your monies better run b4 too late loh...!!

Let the greedy sochais hold the glove bags loh...!!

Glove story ending...vaccine coming mah....!!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz