Or

Dividends are 1st reason to buy Palm oil shares

2nd Reason is

Insider Bosses are Buying TSH & TAANN & EPF Starts buying Palm oil shares

Example of why we follow Insider Boss Buy

Ptaras Jaya Boss Bought at Rm1.90
We bought at Rm1.40

Later Ptaras Jaya gave free bonus & stock split
Ptaras shot up to Rm7.00 (Up 500% & Split)

3.) Privatisation
We saw Daiman boss bought & bought Daiman shares from Rm1.20 to Rm2.20

After having bought enough Daiman Boss suddenly offered Rm3.00 & took Daiman private

See

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/stock/overview/5355

AdCool

3,857 posts

Posted by AdCool > 2022-06-17 00:23 | Report Abuse

Calvin, later TSH boss said let s take TSH private by offering rm1.30. Then how?

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-17 02:23 | Report Abuse

No. Director Tan Aik Yong who bought at Rm1.64 will not agree plus there are about 10 local and foreign funds among Tsh Top 30 holders will not agree

Posted by Raymond Tiruchelvam > 2022-06-17 04:37 | Report Abuse

nice approach Calvin, and i like your caveat at the bottom "buy or sell at your own risk" .... you are turning out to be a professional financial advisor, reporting on facts and never to mislead. If talk about long term.... 10 years and above investing, banks are the safest bet, yes it can go up and down, but dividend is pretty assured - it will range 3-4% yield initially but after a few years with appreciation the yield will get better. Palm oil play for now is purely due to the market imbalance.... which carries its own risk, as we can see CPO is hovering at about 5,500 from about 6.500 just about 10 days ago.

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 2022-06-17 06:58 | Report Abuse

calvin likes to spin a lot of stories which are speculative at best.

For example, Netx was going to be the company that will benefit tremendously from the NFC project. He went overboard there spinning lots and lots of lies. So much for his integrity and his religious beliefs.

He will be more credible if he just stays with the fundamentals of the companies he wish to share and share his intrinsic value for these and the reasons for his enthusiasms on them. Other than these, he is just very noisy most of the time.

Posted by Thomas Chan Yeu Wai > 2022-06-17 09:00 | Report Abuse

Nice article on the concept of dividends leading to cheaper holding costs. Had never look at it this way before.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-17 10:33 | Report Abuse

Yes Thomas
this dividend concept and the long term holding to average down of investment was first told to me by Johor Sifu a decade ago

he said buy an "X" company say Rm1.00

and if this year it gives a 10 sen dividend then the holding cost will drop from Rm1.00 to 90 sen

and if the following year it receives another 15 sen dividend it will be

90 sen - 15 sen

= 75

so by receiving high dividends for few more years then the holding cost will drop

to 60 sen
50 sen
40 sen

until zero cost due to capital return from dividend, special dividend and cash payout

After many years all shares are FOC (FREE OF CHARGE)

AND HE STILL RECEIVE GOOD DIVIDENDS FOR LIFE

PLUS IF HE REINVESTED ALL HIS DIVIDENDS AND COMPOUND IT HE WILL SEE HIS WEALTH MULTIPLY

THIS IS WHAT ALBERT EINSTEIN SAID COMPOUNDING INTEREST IS THE 8TH WONDER IN THE WORLD

I heard he turned Rm2 millions into Rm20 millions by long term investing

that was one decade ago and imagine how much more his investment has snowballed

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2022-06-17 11:38 | Report Abuse

@Thomas Chan Yeu Wai: Nice article on the concept of dividends leading to cheaper holding costs. Had never look at it this way before.

BLee: Hi @Thomas Chan Yeu Wai, agreed on the concept, but only half the truth..
Question: Where did the dividend money come from? Usually profit making companies can afford to give dividends, that's one plus point in investing in such companies. The dividend is usually from this profit and the share price will be adjusted accordingly…
Growth companies usually don't give good dividends, reserved money for growth purposes…

Happy trading and TradeAtYourOwnRisk

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-17 11:40 | Report Abuse

Raymond

Thank you for the kind words

Calvin never claim to be a professional financial adviser

Actually Calvin is a life long student learning from everybody

And it is my duty to tell facts and truth. Though not all turn out as i hoped but still i happy to see more that is right side than wrong side

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2022-06-17 12:13 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng: Actually Calvin is a life long student learning from everybody

And it is my duty to tell facts and truth. Though not all turn out as i hoped but still i happy to see more that is right side than wrong side

BLee: Hi Uncle @calvintaneng, I am also learning from you and everybody else. Since you mentioned hope "to see more that is right side than wrong side"; very much like to highlight that biodiesel is now commercially available from recycled cooking oil of all types.

Link: https://www.wikihow.com/Prepare-Used-Cooking-Oil-for-Biodiesel

https://www.amafiltration.com/casestudies/upcycling-used-cooking-oil-into-biodiesel-with-the-cricketfilter-filtration-system/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqauVBhBGEiwAXOepkcTT6zDeJ3sRnJT4mPenoJL4j2Sa8hQ1JQmPgivXknL40bfTm0vHKBoCfvgQAvD_BwE

And only Palm oil from seedlings to fruit bearing required a long gestation period, others plants and flowers oil a very much shorter planting period. That is another half truth..

anthonytkh

1,802 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 2022-06-17 12:27 | Report Abuse

In my limited experience, the sectors for dividends will always be finance, consumer and property (including REITs). These 3 are the building blocks of any country. Interest rate may change, consumer prices and subsequent stinginess or demand to buy may change and owning properties (for own use and recurrent income) are bedrocks

Buy what very few can create

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-17 12:56 | Report Abuse

Blee

Palm oil takes longer to grow from planting to first drop of cooking oil is 4 to 5 years and after that it will still produce fruit

palm oil can last up to 25 years before the need for replanting

Both Sunflower, Soybean and canola are flowering shrubs or legumes and will all be cut down each and every year which need replanting

that is why their cost of fertilizer and high diesel prices will impact their cost more

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-17 13:00 | Report Abuse

palm oil can withstand both flooding and heat

last year heat destroyed canola crops of Canada while floods in NSW Australia impacted the quality of canola there

also drought decimated the soybean crops of paraquay, Brazil parana and Argentina

this year again climate by la Nina is recurring again

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2022-06-17 13:23 | Report Abuse

@calvintaneng: Palm oil takes longer to grow from planting to first drop of cooking oil is 4 to 5 years and after that it will still produce fruit

BLee: Hi Uncle @calvintaneng, I am using the word "gestation" meaning "return of investment" (ROI) only after "birth" and "delicate care" after years only can see the "fruits" of labour. How much money needs to be spent? Fast rotation means fast ROI.
Which is better? I prefer the "cash crop"...

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2022-06-17 13:32 | Report Abuse

Another advantages of palm oil are it needs less than half the land required by other crops (such as sunflower, soybean or rapeseed) to produce the same amount of oil. This makes palm oil the least expensive vegetable oil in the world.

https://askrspo.force.com/s/article/Why-is-palm-oil-so-popular

StingRay

6,826 posts

Posted by StingRay > 2022-06-17 13:33 | Report Abuse

you will need to take into consideration of increase cost for fertilizer and labour cost. currently, there are more countries planting palm tree as well. not only Indonesia but India and South Amerika.

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2022-06-17 13:34 | Report Abuse

Another advantages of palm oil are it needs less than half the land required by other crops (such as sunflower, soybean or rapeseed) to produce the same amount of oil. This makes palm oil the least expensive vegetable oil in the world.

https://askrspo.force.com/s/article/Why-is-palm-oil-so-popular

Posted by Thomas Chan Yeu Wai > 2022-06-17 14:02 | Report Abuse

@BLee: agreed is half the truth based on adjusted share price once it goes EX. Just finding some comfort based on the recent sharp drop in KLCI. Using leverage at the moment and at times, dividends received used to cover a portion of amount owed to investment bank. I just have to cover the monthly interest payments until amount owed is fully repaid by dividends + certain amount of cash top ups.

BLee

732 posts

Posted by BLee > 2022-06-17 14:31 | Report Abuse

@StartOfTheBull: Another advantages of palm oil are it needs less than half the land required by other crops (such as sunflower, soybean or rapeseed) to produce the same amount of oil. This makes palm oil the least expensive vegetable oil in the world.

BLee: Hi @StartOfTheBull, as mentioned earlier, I am happy Palm Oil price is very profitable now.
Countries which have plenty of cheap and idling land are suitable for agriculture planting, land in Indonesia and Malaysia should be a non-issue. (Observed South Korea and Japan making full use of idling land by the road side and under elevated highway for planting!!, hope to see that in Malaysia due to the food crisis..)
Did the calculation of Palm Oil, the least expensive vegetable oil in the world, factor in the upkeep planting from seedlings to produce the first drop of oil? I doubt it…

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-17 16:08 | Report Abuse

these are the facts

Steve Wong has compiled a total of 77 sen for Bplant in 9 years

If you only take dividend in short term context then of course after ex dividend price will be adjusted down

Steve is talking about long term dividend trend

Steve bought bplant at 55 sen and this year so far dividend is 11.3 sen

so if Bplant gives out consistent dividend for few more years then Steve said he will get back his original 55 sen invested capital

how you guys can understand

looiting

415 posts

Posted by looiting > 2022-06-17 16:57 | Report Abuse

Based on chart, these oil palm stocks already in topping process...so becareful guys

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-17 17:45 |

Post removed.Why?

anthonytkh

1,802 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 2022-06-17 18:10 | Report Abuse

Test

anthonytkh

1,802 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 2022-06-17 18:11 | Report Abuse

Wow, i3 is manipulated. Omg

anthonytkh

1,802 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 2022-06-17 18:12 | Report Abuse

I try again

anthonytkh

1,802 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 2022-06-17 18:14 | Report Abuse

“If”

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2022-06-18 10:12 | Report Abuse

Palm oil and palm oil related products exports increased by 54% YoY in May 2022. Another prosperous month for oil palm plantations companies . Congratulations!

https://www.sinchew.com.my/20220617/%e7%94%b5%e5%ad%90%e7%94%b5%e5%99%a8%e5%8f%8c%e6%b2%b9%e9%9c%80%e6%b1%82%e5%bc%ba%e5%8a%b2-5%e6%9c%88%e5%87%ba%e5%8f%a3%e5%a2%9e30-5%e8%b6%85%e6%a0%87/

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 10:28 | Report Abuse

Excellent !

April to June Cpo export records will be reported in Aug 2022 results

Looks like Palm oil companies will be reporting excellent results

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 11:22 | Report Abuse

long time no see ks55

yes in these inflationary times fixed money market funds and FD cannot survive monetary depreciation over time

Palm oil as an inflation beater is now one good option

another is to invest in landed houses in Iskandar Johor because still very cheap compared to Kl or Penang

and with Rts from Spore ready by year 2026 all landed (avoid highrise Condo due to glut) will appreciate in both prices and rental

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 11:27 | Report Abuse

which listed co in Klse got Puer tea ah?

Tell you one secret

Thplant not only got palm oil it also got 3,000 acres of Teak plantation in Sabah and now more than 12 or 13 years old

another few more years will reap a Bonanza

if you can keep Puer tea until now for 50,000% gain since 2003 till now (9 years ) try buying Thplant to own those high value Teak plantation of Thplant and hold

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 11:59 | Report Abuse

Ok I went to take another look at Thplant Annual Report

It has 1,550 hectares of Teak Estate in Sabah

To convert Hectares to acres

1,550 x 2.471

= Rm3,830 acres

Teak is known as the "Gold" of the timber market

Very very expensive because it takes up to 20 years from planting to harvesting

And now Thplant Teak trees are already more than half way mark to harvesting

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 12:09 | Report Abuse

Is it? Has Hai O share price gone up by 1000%?

But I will still look for an undervalue overlooked stock like Thplant

I will buy something which few people are aware

Thplant (very few knows it's hidden Gold timber Teak wood treasure)

Teak is 300% more expensive than normal wood

After planting and harvesting Teak it will last up to 100 years

Teak is not afraid of the elements or termite

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 12:13 | Report Abuse

No ekovest as it has got construction

Now very high cost of construction material plus high worker wages will drag it down

Thplant got very high profit from good Cpo prices

It's land banks in Peninsular mostly freehold and book value very very cheap at RM10K to Rm12k

Now worth up to Rm150k an acres and Ecrl rail will further push up it's value

It's 7 estates in Sarawak are located along Pan Borneo Highway now got development potential

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 12:18 | Report Abuse

I just checked up Hai I

Year to date Hai O dropped from Rm1.82 to Rm1.50 (dropped 17% in value)

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 12:35 | Report Abuse

Look at the current overall performance of a company

The majority stake of ekovest is construction and musang king as a minor part

Construction as a whole will be impacted by high building material costs

Thplant major crop is palm oil while Teak is a passive portion

palm oil as a whole is up by more than 100% in value to Rm5000 per ton( was Rm2000 per ton in down time)

we can see cooking oil and all food prices very high prices now as palm oil is found in 50% of supermarket items

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2022-06-18 13:44 | Report Abuse

Interesting discussion. Another super Saturday. Thank you.
Some how, I bought puer tea just for own consumption, never think of keeping it for years because afraid of it being eaten by cockroaches or deteriorate in quality for keeping it too long.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 14:20 | Report Abuse

Store up 3 to 5 tonnes of puer tea ?

I live in Spore now just Govt Hdb flat also worth S$1 millions or Rm3.2 Millions with size 1200 SQ ft

How to store ?

Now better buy Palm oil shares of Klse better and easier

Posted by investor2021trading > 2022-06-18 14:26 | Report Abuse

CPO price dropping is happening now! trade cautiously!

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 14:55 | Report Abuse

landed home to store Puer tea?

why the trouble

in Taman Sri Muda Shah Alam there was a 100 year flood event that swept away everything from landed houses

Palm oil trees are up to 60 feet tall and can withstand flooding

as for Cpo dropping it will be very ok if prices maintain at Rm4500 to Rm5500 range

since production cost of cpo only Rm1800 to Rm2000 the profit margin still excellent

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2022-06-18 15:11 | Report Abuse

Puer tea is not my cup of tea

I drink japanese green tea

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2022-06-18 16:08 | Report Abuse

The appreciation of puer tea may be true but how easy can you find buyers for your skyrocketed price tea 10 or 20 years from now that will remain a question.

sensonic

690 posts

Posted by sensonic > 2022-06-18 22:55 |

Post removed.Why?

looiting

415 posts

Posted by looiting > 2022-07-06 12:22 | Report Abuse

As i warned two weeks ago, based on my chart analysis, big boys already leaving the party. Retailers very obedient. Still holding strong. They continue to hold the bag. Don't kill the messenger. I only report what I see on the chart. FUNdamental can be FUN

gladiator

662 posts

Posted by gladiator > 2022-07-06 13:31 | Report Abuse

Maybe all investor guru is the same continue to promote when share price already reach rocket high from Glove, Tech stock and now plantation.

SEE_Research

4,566 posts

Posted by SEE_Research > 2023-02-27 14:00 |

Post removed.Why?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz