1 person likes this.

12 comment(s). Last comment by Philip ( buy what you understand) 2023-02-10 15:40

Sslee

4,667 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2023-01-12 20:34 | Report Abuse

Maybe I am too old fashion as I still enjoy my normal hawker foods for breakfast. (Hokkien Mee,
Wonton Mee, Char Kuey Teow, Kuey Teow suop, Curry Mee, Laksa, Chee Cheong Fun, Pau, Fish Noddle, Roti Canai and etc) but never Bread.

Should I change my breakfast to eat in Bread with Milo?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2023-01-12 21:40 | Report Abuse

Pau is also bread. Roti is literally bread.

But yes less processed food is better in life.

Income

10,336 posts

Posted by Income > 2023-01-13 09:17 | Report Abuse

We Msian still don’t have big Bread culture like in Vietnam. We have only familiar Roti Kaya or some calling it Roti Kahwin. Bread to me is a intermittent weekly food. SDS must have other options other than Bread.

Income

10,336 posts

Posted by Income > 2023-01-13 09:21 | Report Abuse

Like cake culture, we Msian doesn’t have this culture. That’s why Secret Recipe menu from cakes changed to cakes plus noodles and rice dishes in its shops.

Posted by bopigbopig > 2023-01-13 10:45 | Report Abuse

What's new? Users may not know all its features. https://howtoscreenshot.co

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2023-01-13 11:32 | Report Abuse

Income

And they do. Their recent factory upgrade and expansion which increased the QoQ results so much were for the wholesale portion of making cakes, burger buns, rolls etc for other customers. They also do wholesale cake and festival (mooncake etc) products for their own retail and other shops in the peninsular region. Which is why they are targeted to do 250 million in revenue sales for this financial year. I think it is those type of predictable boring business that will do well in the coming years.
>>>>>>>
We Msian still don’t have big Bread culture like in Vietnam. We have only familiar Roti Kaya or some calling it Roti Kahwin. Bread to me is a intermittent weekly food. SDS must have other options other than Bread.

DickyMe

14,340 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2023-01-13 20:13 | Report Abuse

Tech disruptive companies are like speculators!
Hit and run after making huge profit.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2023-01-13 22:20 | Report Abuse

Totally agree.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2023-01-14 03:57 | Report Abuse

Thanks, ive been out of msian markets for too long, only holding, hibiscus, mfcb and yinson. And missed this.

Very interesting, thanks. Look at oppstar when you have the time.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2023-01-14 10:35 | Report Abuse

I would be careful with oppstar. I have more working assets in my palm oil farm than they do with their rented offices in penang, and yet somehow they profitability that they can make is amazing compared to debt and capital employed. How a company can do so is truly amazing to me.

It may or may not be real, but for a company that was setup in 2021 and where the collective major shareholders are of such a young age, I somehow find it very suspect as a long term investor.

It may or may not be the next apple, but for me I think I prefer more conservative investments.

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2023-01-14 14:14 | Report Abuse

But good to hear from you again. Its been a while since I've read your articles as well. How are you doing?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2023-02-10 15:40 | Report Abuse

It would appear that a lot of people like eating bread. Far better bread steady and boring compared to buying myeg

Post a Comment
Market Buzz