1 person likes this.

103 comment(s). Last comment by calvintaneng 2023-03-08 17:02

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 14:54 | Report Abuse

TreeTopView

As I glanced through your flood of company extracts, I did notice the total lack of any company making statements about a bull run in palm oil prices, which seems to be your current flavour of the month.

it is only a different phrasing of bullish or optimistic

See

bullish
adjective
bull·​ish ˈbu̇-lish also ˈbə-
Synonyms of bullish
: suggestive of a bull (as in brawniness)
a
: marked by, tending to cause, or hopeful of rising prices (as in a stock market)
a bullish market
bullish policies
bullish investors
b
: optimistic about something's or someone's prospects
bullish on the company's future
bullishly adverb
bullishness noun

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 14:55 | Report Abuse

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bullish

Merriam Webster define bullish as

optimistic about something's or someone's prospects
bullish on the company's future
bullishly adverb
bullishness noun

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 14:55 | Report Abuse

optimistic about something's or someone's prospects

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 14:56 | Report Abuse

SIMEDARBY PLANT

Prospects
Operating profit and finance costs
Included in the operating profit are:
Variance of actual profit from profit forecast or profit guarantee
There was no profit forecast or profit guarantee issued during the quarter under review.
Crude palm oil (CPO) prices are expected to remain steady for the first quarter of 2023 on the back of continued strong
demand due to the considerable price advantage when compared to alternative oils and supply concerns resulting from
Indonesia’s anticipated higher biodiesel mandate as well as tighter export policies.
As the country’s labour shortage continues to be addressed with the arrival of more foreign workers into Malaysia,
particularly harvesters, the Group expects its Fresh Fruit Bunch (“FFB”) production in Malaysia to improve in 2023 after a
challenging two years.
Year ended
31 December
Quarter ended
31 December
However, demand may be impacted by the global economic outlook which remains wary, because of continuing geopolitical
uncertainties, stricter ESG policies, and inflationary pressures from high food and energy prices. Nevertheless, the Group is
cautiously optimistic mainly due to its well-established strategies to address ESG issues, and ongoing efforts to mitigate such
challenges. The Group has also ramped up operational improvement initiatives to plug any leakages and reduce wastage.
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Group expects to perform satisfactorily in FY2023.

1 hour ago

calvintaneng

cautiously optimistic

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 14:57 | Report Abuse

calvintaneng

BPLANT

Prospects for the Coming Year
Prices of palm products in 2023 are expected to stabilise after a volatile market in 2022. Stock levels
in Malaysia and Indonesia are expected to increase following an expected increase in mature areas,
better weather conditions as well as improved labour supply.
However, the global economy is expected to face significant challenges in 2023. The growth outlook
is expected to be lower this year in reaction to the persistently high inflation.
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Group is cautiously optimistic on its 2023 production as
labour supply are expected to recover, supported by ongoing efforts to mechanise, automate, and
digitalise operations.

2 hours ago

calvintaneng

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Group is cautiously optimistic on its 2023 production as
labour supply are expected to recover, supported by ongoing efforts to mechanise, automate, and
digitalise operations.

2 hours ago

calvintaneng

CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 14:58 | Report Abuse

From TSH Resources AR

Prospects

Commentary on the prospects
CPO price declined to around RM3,300 per MT at third quarter end and have since stabilised in
recent times and is currently trading at around RM4,000+ per MT. However, CPO price outlook
is uncertain, weighed down by concerns over global economic slowdown and the strict COVID19 measures in major importer, China, while at the same time buttressed by high energy prices.
Raw materials price inflationary pressure mainly caused by the Russia-Ukraine war is also a
serious challenge for the oil palm industry. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the Group is
optimistic of achieving satisfactory performance for year 2022.
Moreover, underpinned by its strong financial position, the Group is confident to weather
through the headwinds and challenges in the years ahead.
The Board also remains optimistic on the long term prospect of the palm oil industry.
Restrained hectarage growth in oil palm planting over the last few years due to RSPO
regulations and Indonesian Government’s moratorium on deforestation will have an impact over
the global palm oil supply. Global population and per capita income growth as well as the many
health qualities of palm oil are expected to drive greater demand for palm products. This augurs
well for the Group as palm products segment will remain the core contributor to the Group
profit.

2 hours ago

calvintaneng

the Group is
optimistic of achieving satisfactory performance for year 2022.

2 hours ago

calvintaneng

Moreover, underpinned by its strong financial position, the Group is confident to weather
through the headwinds and challenges in the years ahead.
The Board also remains optimistic on the long term prospect of the palm oil industry.

2 hours ago

calvintaneng

By TSH

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2023-03-03 14:59 | Report Abuse

What does this have to do with palm oil companies and more specifically, your comment about KLK's Tan Sri Lee Oi Hian?

Where did you hear about a windfall tax on palm oil companies, or was it a figment of your imagination?

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 15:00 | Report Abuse

Bullish = Optimistic is the same

You say Good morning in English
Same as Selamat pagi in Malay

You say "rice" in English or "Nasi" in Malay

So to say Optimistic is to mean "Bullish"

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2023-03-03 15:04 | Report Abuse

Priceless.........you of all people are teaching me about the correct use of English!!

Have you ever re read any of your blogs and the deplorable use of English you deliver?

Wow.........simply WOW....

Time for you to move on. My time interacting with you is done. You are a total waste of space, time and internet data!

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2023-03-03 15:16 | Report Abuse

In closing, so that investors are aware of the facts, at NO TIME did KLK's Tan Sri Lee Oi Hian state that he had concerns or was aware about any introduction of a windfall tax for palm oil companies.

Others may want to cite this information as rumour, however I'd consider their motives VERY dubious and possibly actionable.

The end.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 15:28 | Report Abuse

TreeTopView

Thank you for visiting and comments

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2023-03-03 15:33 | Report Abuse

I had no choice, as I needed to address the lie that you perpetrated.

At a minimum, readers will now know the facts about the "tale of the windfall tax".

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 15:38 | Report Abuse

TreeTopView

I had no choice, as I needed to address the lie that you perpetrated.

At a minimum, readers will now know the facts about the "tale of the windfall tax".

I have no intention to tell any lie
And if i have offended you my deepest apology

I do not wish that you leave in bad taste and certainly wish you all the best

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2023-03-03 15:44 | Report Abuse

Tell it to your main man on Sunday and see what he thinks of your very dubious nature.

Like I said before, enough, I'm finished with your nonsense. Your motives and agendas are crystal clear to most level headed people on i3 and if you can live with that and claim that you are a good man, then so be it.

While you have your dictionary out, look up the word, integrity. It may be a concept you are unfamiliar with.

Goodbye.

anthonytkh

1,802 posts

Posted by anthonytkh > 2023-03-03 15:49 | Report Abuse

Eh, really goodbye ah Tree? :D

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2023-03-03 15:50 | Report Abuse

To him, yes, Tony :)

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-03 21:38 | Report Abuse

Latest from Kutai/Nusantara

The Rise of A New Capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Gns7v96Pg

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 14:03 | Report Abuse

AND MORE CAUTION AHEAD AS FED RAISING INT RATE FURTHER

SEE

Further Fed hikes expected after data dashes 'disinflation' hopes

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/fed-seen-raising-rates-three-more-times-after-strong-inflation-reading-2023-02-24/

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 14:05 |

Post removed.Why?

beinvested

2,364 posts

Posted by beinvested > 2023-03-04 18:20 | Report Abuse

Interest rate is the price for money. The higher the interest rate, the borrowers will be become lesser and lesser.

The borrowers will delay the expansion of the their businesses and the investors will buy lesser and lesser shares from the share markets. The prices of inventories and equities will be dampened when encountering reduction in their demand.

In inducing the demand towards the downward side when wanting to blow down the inflation, central banks would consider of heightening the interest rate. This is because they believe that when the cost of money is higher, the consumers/investors will slow down their transactions. Reducing the demand for goods/services/investments will encourage the suppliers to reduce the prices instead of increasing the prices further.

Ideally, borrowers are focusing in reducing the loans that are still outstanding with their banks, reduce the demand for luxurious items and disposing their investments/shares while the prices are still high. At the same time, the public are also thinking of how to hedge their funds/wealth in order to maintain the value.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 19:25 | Report Abuse

High interest rate will affect these most

1. individuals
those people who over borrowed for cars, houses or others will find loan payments increased and might be insolvent leading to repossession of houses and cars for auction by banks

2. Tech
Tech co which do not have much current earnings but depend on future earnings will find it difficult to pay bank loans with increasing interest payment with meagre income
and easy funding will be hard to get

3. Companies with high borrowings

these will not see Banks chasing for loan payment for fear of default

to prevent default they will do these

1. Give private placement to raise capital

Pp at discount of 10% to 20% will be bad for existing shares holders as they face dilution

2. Rights issues
this is bad as shareholders are asked to give money to help save co

3. Default by Pn17
when both Pp and rights failed then pn17
the sell down follows

stay away from debt ridden co

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 19:27 | Report Abuse

these will now see Banks chasing for loan payments

insolvent individual or co that failed to keep up monthly loan payment

beinvested

2,364 posts

Posted by beinvested > 2023-03-04 20:55 | Report Abuse

Banks will earn more during these moment of times when the higher interest rates are being imposed/levied on the borrowers. The bank stock will be more attractive as we can see from CIMB Bank's share price movement recently.

The other bank stock i can afford/would to buy is ABMB (Alliance) because the upside potential can be marginally higher since the cost is lower.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 21:09 | Report Abuse

beinvested

under normal times I agree with you

now things are murky and I cannot see

like this

70% of SMEs did not pay back loans during Mco lock down during two very bad Covid 19 years of 2020 and 2021

even Tnb also face high non payment as it has very high receivables (ious) in it's balance sheet

lots of property like highrise condo in Iskandar (over Rm30 billions might end up as delinquent loans later

as such I will give banks a pass and still stick with palm oil

even China banks are in trouble now

pang72

47,354 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2023-03-04 21:15 | Report Abuse

If bank is not making good money, how can the QR for most banking earn profit mad?
But, mostly plantation are in significant profit reduction.
This is what I see for recent QR. Agreed or not Calvin Sifu?

pang72

47,354 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2023-03-04 21:17 | Report Abuse

You need to get more bank stock in the high interest market because only bank is making good money by interest hike that sucking all loan money from plantation company like TSH, bpplant, JTIASA.. Which has high debt.

beinvested

2,364 posts

Posted by beinvested > 2023-03-04 21:20 | Report Abuse

Calvin,

I saw that you favored regularly in oil palm stock.
Some of them are doing well, no doubt. For example, KLK in Ipoh, they diversified and using the lands for housing and shopping then to hospital.

We are buying bank stock from Malaysia which are tightly regulated by BNM.

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2023-03-04 21:37 | Report Abuse

A weak currency will lead to higher cost of production and consumptions, example is the importation of fertilizer, drugs and machineries, for instance.
Interest rate hike is inevitable to help maintain favourable balance of trade between countries.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 21:40 | Report Abuse

Posted by pang72 > 19 minutes ago | Report Abuse

You need to get more bank stock in the high interest market because only bank is making good money by interest hike that sucking all loan money from plantation company like TSH, bpplant, JTIASA.. Which has high debt.

Pang72

High debts was last time

Last two years with high cpo prices TSH is now debt free & cash rich

Jtiasa debt also greatly reduced from Rm959 Millions to only Rm174 millions now

With about Rm50 millions profit per qtr Jtiasa debt will all be cleared in less than one year

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 21:44 | Report Abuse

Latest danger

Now from China

Mark Mobius Emerging Market Guru said

'I can't get my money out': Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says China is restricting flows of capital out of the country

'I can't get my money out': Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says China is restricting flows of capital out of the country

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/mark-mobius-china-investing-capital-restricting-outflows-markets-strategy-jinping-2023-3

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 21:44 | Report Abuse

Latest danger

Now from China

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/mark-mobius-china-investing-capital-restricting-outflows-markets-strategy-jinping-2023-3

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 21:45 | Report Abuse

Latest danger

Now from China

Mark Mobius, a pioneer in emerging markets investing, said China is restricting investment outflows from the country, a move that would be taking place as the world's second-largest economy is trying to shake off pressure from COVID-19 lockdowns.

"I'm personally affected because I have an account with HSBC in Shanghai. I can't get my money out. The government is restricting the flow of money out of the country," Mobius said on Thursday on the Fox Business show "Mornings with Maria". "So I would be very, very careful investing in China," the founder of Mobius Capital Partners said.

Mobius, who has spent decades traveling the world searching for investment opportunities, said he hasn't been able to get an explanation about why he's running into the restrictions in China.

"It's just amazing. They're putting all kinds of barriers," he said. "They don't say, 'No, you can't get your money out,' but they say, 'Give us all the records from 20 years of how you've made this money,' and so forth. It's crazy."

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 21:47 | Report Abuse

Earlier China sent in Tanks to stop people from withdrawing cash from banks

Banks (with hidden debts) might not be 100% safe now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb4NrVjLqVg

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-04 21:53 | Report Abuse

StartOfTheBull

A weak currency will lead to higher cost of production and consumptions, example is the importation of fertilizer, drugs and machineries, for instance.
Interest rate hike is inevitable to help maintain favourable balance of trade between countries.

Actually

Fertilizer price has dropped by 70% after Natural gas dropped 70% from USD10 to USD3 now

See

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/natural-gas

foongsh

1,378 posts

Posted by foongsh > 2023-03-05 09:10 | Report Abuse

領錢搞得像偷錢一樣! 河南40萬存戶資金遭凍結領不出錢 警方對空鳴槍試圖驅離民眾 中國各地接連出現恐慌性擠兌潮

https://youtu.be/UFA1CHeLv0g

Zero Covid Policy caused public lost their job and abandoned housing project caused homebuyer paying housing loan with no place to stay. Without housing project completed banks already make full payment to developers. Many homebuyers refuse to pay housing loan now.

pang72

47,354 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2023-03-05 11:29 | Report Abuse

How to explain to those trap inside taann from rm6 to rm3. 50 with worst QR? All plantation will follow taann and the rest.. No one will excuse in cpo price crashing.
No? Got super hero?
Look at glove sector price crashing, even top glove can't escape

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-05 13:58 | Report Abuse

pang72

46,018 posts

Posted by pang72 > 2 hours ago | Report Abuse

How to explain to those trap inside taann from rm6 to rm3. 50 with worst QR? All plantation will follow taann and the rest.. No one will excuse in cpo price crashing.
No? Got super hero?
Look at glove sector price crashing, even top glove can't escape

Price is what you pay

Value is what you get

From now Gloves will face China glove dumping & losses

Palm oil got no China threat and got support from all high inflation factors so will do very very well for several years and more

So Gloves will see losses and more losses

Palm oil will see profits & even more profits

So glove prices will remain depressed

Palm oil prices will recover and go higher and higher

kyliew

1,383 posts

Posted by kyliew > 2023-03-05 14:06 | Report Abuse

The title should be edited by adding "...from Bursa market" at the ending part. Looks more relevant

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2023-03-05 15:40 | Report Abuse

Stocks trading is ownership of shareholdings change hands from one person to another. Long term, medium term or short term investors may not be the winners. One person's win is another person's lose. Safest place to deposit money is still the bank but can't fight inflation.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-06 23:40 | Report Abuse

Sifu used to say

"Investing in shares is not a zero sum game

buying good companies and holding them long term to see dividend gain and capital appreciation can be shared among all just like Warren Buffet grew his wealth

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-07 16:03 | Report Abuse

Pi corp suddenly dropped by more than 50% in 2 days from 30 sen to 14.5 sen

Many more will crash as Fed raise rates in coming days

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-07 16:28 | Report Abuse

After Pi Corp crashed

the next could be Dutchlady as it has Very high payables

later might either give pp or rights issue to ask for help

stockraider

31,553 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2023-03-07 20:09 | Report Abuse

Lesson learn here, is do not overpay loh...Dlady, Petdag, Nestle, Padini all trading at veli high valuation loh!

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 2023-03-07 20:56 | Report Abuse

One of the biggest misconceptions of value investing and investing as a whole I see is the idea that investing is about buying a stock, waiting or hoping for the stock price to go up, and selling the stock for a profit. This misses the point of value investing, specifically Warren Buffett’s way of value investing (at least after he met Charlie Munger, and shifted his mindset from buying cigar butts to wonderful companies at fair prices. Even if you did thorough research into determining what the fair value of a stock should be, buying a stock with the intention of profiting by selling it if and when it goes up is not how Warren Buffett invests and can prevent you from truly compounding your money.

Interestingly, in my books:

DLady is a 20 multi-bagger
Petdag is a 11 multi-bagger
Nestle is a 16 multi-bagger
Padini is a 7 multi-bagger

These returns have yet to include the dividends received.

Few people understand the power of long term investing in high quality businesses and the power of compounding. I know as I do speak to many people on share investing. The latest newsletter of Buffett explains very well my portfolio too.

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-07 21:32 | Report Abuse

Dlady neither moat nor margin of safety now going to crash back down

This is a dinosaur

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-07 21:34 | Report Abuse

Those who stubbornly hold Dlady will now turn from multi baggar to empty beggar

Posted by Integrity. Intelligent. Industrious. 3iii (iiinvestsmart)$€£¥ > 2023-03-08 11:14 | Report Abuse

my dear calvintaneng,
can you please share with us how low DLady will drop to, so that we can be like you, so clear in your vision?

SEE_Research

4,566 posts

Posted by SEE_Research > 2023-03-08 12:26 |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

53,164 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2023-03-08 16:47 | Report Abuse

Yesterday pi corp turned pi corpse and gone limit down

today Cfm computer form turn to limit down

better be very careful

two foolish ones are 3iii and SEE Research telling people to leave the great safety of palm oil

great harm done to ignorant people

i3 better ban them

Post a Comment
Market Buzz