Be the first to like this.

14 comment(s). Last comment by FortuneBull777 2023-09-23 17:45

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-09-22 22:47 | Report Abuse

Problem is, our salary has been stagnant for too long while inflation overshot long time ago!
While many giving excuses they have no time to cook, i think many don't know the value of good healthy meals which can only be prepared at home!Take broth for example, you can just dump everything and let it broth for few hours! Or stir fry veggie which only takes 15 minutes to prepare which you rice is cooking!
Decision is yours! Eating out is convenient but if you care about your health, there's nothing like well prepared home meals!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-09-22 22:49 | Report Abuse

Cooking should be part of education system! I know years ago, home science was taught for females during their secondary years! I don't know if this subject still taught! But it should and be opened to all!

DickyMe

14,360 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2023-09-23 10:00 | Report Abuse

YES! Malaysians are gluttonous.
This is because of free money via various sources in the name social responsibility and indeed corrupt money from full time job.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2023-09-23 10:31 | Report Abuse

Exactly how I see, DM..............all as though back to Zahillyyah era

speakup

25,091 posts

Posted by speakup > 2023-09-23 14:58 | Report Abuse

ppl complain about no money, yet got money eat expensive Starbucks, Kenny Rogers when there are much cheaper alternatives

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-09-23 15:04 | Report Abuse

Speakup! Exactly! I wonder why there's endless crowd in Starbuck and McDoanald! And all thsoe fatty processed food are selling well while healthy alternative considered 'old people' food!
I tell you, with the kind of diet our current generation are taking, they will age too fast! By their 50s, they already on waiting list in medical complication ward!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-09-23 15:10 | Report Abuse

My dietician cousin lament how our foods are just total disaster! Too much fat, too much salt, too much oil, too much sugar but almost no protein! That's why you see so many malaysians who dine out are scaling obesity with very little body muscle!
At my age, i could squat 40kg with 12 repetition! I watch my neighbour trying to squat the same weight, barely can do one! And he looks so healthy physicaly! Of course, his body is mostly fat!
Decades ago, before fast food, most malaysians were skinny but strong! Why, because very little body fat but with good muscle mass! And of course, ladies back then were much much much more attractive compare to todays!

speakup

25,091 posts

Posted by speakup > 2023-09-23 15:11 | Report Abuse

malaysians complain too much!
complain about how expensive outside food is, yet lazy to cook own food. How lar like this?
other ppl cook food to sell no need to make money eat isit?

qqq47660

8,708 posts

Posted by qqq47660 > 2023-09-23 15:24 | Report Abuse

So many issues , have to choose eating out as as his issue. This rafizi choose wrong issue

qqq47660

8,708 posts

Posted by qqq47660 > 2023-09-23 15:26 | Report Abuse

U know how important is eating out to the thousAnds of malay hawkers or not

OnTime

2,080 posts

Posted by OnTime > 2023-09-23 15:45 | Report Abuse

they eat out so they can talk 3 talk 4

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-09-23 17:38 | Report Abuse

Actually Rafizi is correct but media especially the opposition are twisting his statement!
Cost of dining out is no different from home cook provided you only go for healthy options!
Like taking mix rice with one portion meat and one portion veggie which is the best way! And drink water with it! If you do home cooking, the cost is not that much difference!
Unfortunately, we are more driven or rather addicted to artificial flavorings!
We dump tons of over saturated toppings! Drink soft drinks! Taking 2nd round even third round!
And then we complain how cost of food has skyrocket! True inflation overun our salary but if you are taking healthy portion, it's still reasonable!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-09-23 17:40 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq47660 > Sep 23, 2023 3:26 PM | Report Abuse

U know how important is eating out to the thousAnds of malay hawkers or not

Answer : Plenty of hawkers in pasar malam selling at reasonable price! After work, one can go to pasar malam and buy take away dinner! Some are healthy options!

Posted by FortuneBull777 > 2023-09-23 17:45 | Report Abuse

When it comes to eating, i am like 1.0cc Perodua kancil! I don't eat that much nowadays! I eat small portion of rice, more veggie and meat! And i never order soft drinks if dining out!
But i can't say the same about others! It's common sight to see the other tables with mountain of rice and toppings! Order soft drinks and some desert after indulging huge portion! I mean that's like sure way to get a bed in hospital! But heay, not my body, none of my business!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz