Be the first to like this.

25 comment(s). Last comment by Ravi Kumar 10 hours ago

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

from 2012 to 2019
projected growth 1,600% in 8 years or 200% growth demand by AI and New Data Center

HDD/SSD still in a sun rise industry

just buy and hold Jcy, Notion and Dufu for the long boom

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

which industry got 200% growth per year yearly for the next 8 years ?

We have clarity of Vision ahead

Posted by Jasonwantyou > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

DC not going to use physical hard disk. They are using ssd which JCY, Notion and Dufu are not involving coz they only doing HHD

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

You wrong lah

According to Seagate (World largest manufacturer of Hdd and Ssd

DC storage will consist of 90% Hdd and 10% SSD

kkwong13

61 posts

Posted by kkwong13 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

These all data, figure, estimation based on expert, analyst, banker in most reputable source of information Trendforce, Forbes, IndustyARC, etc throughout many years of experience with data support on customer-end
prospect future trend. I believe they shared with tons of data, statistical analysis & figures with industry experts before publish to entire world.

Believe or not, it depend on each individual person. However, I do invest based on facts, figure & data with baseline through power of research in hope for many years for multibaggar return

chunah

215 posts

Posted by chunah > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

JWY
Miss the boat
So very sour grapes
Pouring cold water everywhere

chunah

215 posts

Posted by chunah > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

JWY please show proof of HDD N SDD NOT NEEDED IN AI TECHNOLOGY

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

oh just saw the years not 2012 to 2019

but 2022 to 2029 sales chart increased by 1,600%

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Ask hdd/ssd makers like Seagate to get the correct answer rather arm chair bank analyst who are not expert in the data storage industry

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

A good example of storage is the Noah's Ark
When God sent a universal Flood on Earth He told Noah to build an Ark for Storage.

Every living beings were sent to the Ark for Storage
The Ark was built for the sole purpose of storage and not for navigation since the entire Earth was flooded and there was no where else to go

So is a Data Center
Its sole purpose is storage unlike laptop

blistering

138 posts

Posted by blistering > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Lol if the data center owner is the big tech in US I'm sure they will source their materials from Taiwan such as SuperMicro their Rack builder and supplier are all Taiwan based...Malaysia side winning on supply for Land Lease and selling property assets only 😂

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

The very core of Data Center is the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) and SSD (solid state disk) drive

only these 3 control all ( not Taiwan, China, Japan or even USA )

these are the sole monopolies

1. Seagate 43%
2. Western Digital 37%
3. Toshiba 20%

So things are already fixed and therefore Jcy, Notion and Dufu being their major vendors will benefit

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

And don't be mistaken

Taiwan Tmsc does not make HDD or SSD disk drive

they only make chips

Totally different stuff

just like For Corovirus New Zealand woolen glove (to keep warm) cannot protect you from Covid 19

only Medical surgical gloves were in demand during glove bull

Posted by Jasonwantyou > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

AI needs high speed data transfer as SSD not HDD. This is why phison came to Malaysia to launch their 30TB SSD to DC. HDD tak main lagi in AI lah. In term of power consume, transfer rate, noise, space occupied etc. if you keep saying HDD is important for AI. Then i have nothing to say lo

Posted by Greenbull88 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Don't know how many times need to say a DC need 90% of HDD and 10% of SSD because of the cost effectiveness, still don't understand some people still so dumb or act blur?

Cost Effective?? HDD Consume 90% more power than SSD. For the long run. DC choose HDD or SSD?

Now we know who acting dump and blur

Talking to a dumb people really wasting alot of energy and vomit blood

Sorry caused you vomit blood. I just telling the facts. So that everyone here know the true.

kkwong13

61 posts

Posted by kkwong13 > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

Don't mislead investor, there is no doubt SSD is better than HDD, more durable, faster, efficient vs HDD for high transmission data.
Both has it's advantages and disadvantages. You need to understand, since AI require massive of ton exabyte data, some need fast execution speed to operate like SSD, but majority huge data need to be store as raw data storage, only need when required to retrieve.

Question here, why data center still prefer HDD 90% : SSD 10% as data center require larger capacity memory like HDD with ~8x times cheaper than SSD to store as raw data.
Other high speed, fast transmission data require even better like HBM (High Bandwidth Memory), eNVM SSD or ultra NVM SSD but that only for inter-transmission btw AI GPU, CPU & NPU data execution processing data in trillion parameters data transfer only, but it come with super high expensive capacity which take less than 10%.

In terms of data center storage on bigger picture overall, it prefer to use HDDs as it way cheaper than SSD + larger capacity storage, unless in future SSD equal to less 3x vs HDD, then SSD is preferable. For now HDD still use for larger capacity storage, cheaper for raw data storage memory.

Hope it helps to explain some of it.

calvintaneng

54,132 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

quite simple if you understand from personal use and business Enterprize

a person using PC at home might prefer to pay more and use SSD which is faster

but A Data Center exists to make money

so it cannot use SSD unless customers want to pay very high fees for it's Servers

Also can see this example

we know things or people send by Airplane is much faster than by sea

it takes 7 hours to fly from Japan Narita Airport to Singapore Changi International airport but you pay Rm2000 to Rm3000 per person for economy

if 1st class pay more

now you can also send lorries, buses, cement, cars, scrap metal, rubbish by plane also

pay few millions to send

why pay for things at so high price ??

faster lah

for what?

you can sell at a much higher price

if a business overpay and cannot earn back then it will go bankrupt

so is a Data Center

if they only use SSD they ask just waiting for bankruptcy

see my website www.inspiretopray.com

this is free of charge since I started this with the help of my son

at first small fees

lately they raised the fees to the sky 😱

since I never charge any money for 15 years I bear all the cost

my joy to share freely

so I found another host for a cheaper server

Sifu Calvintaneng and master kkwang, very funny at this stage still got some people talking about SSD more than HDD usage in DC but JCY already 0.90, we are making money and some one still want to act blur to mislead others

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Vstecs ,ranhill the real benifitor behind DC ,AI ,5G bandwagon ! Vstecs rm 3 - 6 - 11 - 50....
Ranhill rm 5

Ravi1969

281 posts

Posted by Ravi1969 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

kkwong13 The logic is always use SDD for boot up but for storage always HDD which is more cost effective.

Ravi Kumar

3,554 posts

Posted by Ravi Kumar > 10 hours ago | Report Abuse

Uncle and aunties kena cuci run away with underwear and panties lol

Post a Comment
Market Buzz